Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 26, 2020 10:59 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mod Note:
This episode thread will encompass the entire movie since Burn The Witch was originally released theatrically as one movie but was then split into a three episode format immediately after. Please don't make other episode threads for this series.

I just finished this on Amazon Prime in America. It was a decent movie with a satisfactory ending. It was three episodes reformatted from the movie. It still leaves room over for a sequel. Some character motivations remained unclear and there were a couple of moments that felt unnaturally scripted, but the pacing and animation were stellar as well as the fight choreography. They didn't utilize Akane as much as I hoped they would. I am looking forward for the next installment of Psycho Pass.

Apparently there was an after credit scene in the theatrical version where Akane tells the inspectors that she will tell them what happened two years ago (the thing that got her imprisoned). This definitely increases the chances of a fourth season.

https://piunikaweb.com/2020/03/30/psycho-pass-3-spoilers-after-credit-scene-from-first-inspector-missing-on-amazon-prime-video/
anime-primeMay 14, 2023 10:43 AM
Mar 27, 2020 6:07 AM

Feb 2017
Just finished the movie. So I haven't processed all my thoughts yet but I really enjoyed it, season 3 overall as well. The movie managed to conclude and wrap up a lot of stuff introduced in season 3 nicely while also keeping the right stuff open for future season that I am sure will come.

Main thing I liked about 3rd season was how it managed to expand the world of Psycho-Pass itself. Azusawa was also really good and enjoyable antagonist, as well as all new characters introduced in the season like Kei and Arata.

Season 4 is certain to come and I'm really looking forward to it.
Mar 27, 2020 8:30 AM
Aug 2012
I enjoyed this! I still think it isn't nearly as good as the original season still, and Shimotsuki is annoying as hell, but I'm glad they pumped this out. I feel like it still introduced too many concepts that didn't go through a review process
omgenieMar 27, 2020 10:48 AM
Feel free to leave something on my profile, or send me a message if you'd like to chat.
Mar 27, 2020 9:04 AM

Jul 2014
They detect perfume but not military weapons being sneaked into the building. They don't have access to their dominators, which are themselves already locked down so don't need that security. Pillbug laser fights. Awful fight scenes. Can move around the building but can't move around the building. Can't get assistance etc.

For a show that is supposed to make you think about society and motivation and such, there sure wasn't a lot of thought put into this show. It's very poorly done with everything just being done to service the plot of fill time even though it makes no sense to the background or overall show. It's frustrating to watch something this ineptly done, and the fact that it's bloated to over 2 hours just makes it worse.
Mar 27, 2020 10:44 AM

Mar 2015
What I dislike the most about this season(and this movie) is how everything that is presented as important in the previous one is just ignored here, Sybil is on drugs and doesn't care about anything until the end(where it seems she has a reason but shown in a terrible way), Akane and Kogami are just present to say they care about the previous seasons(I'm honestly surprised they didn't kill the entire cast, they even bought back Yayoi at the end), the MENTAL TRACING, oh my god, what a bad plot device they found.

Bifrost at the beginning seems like a very good villain organization, but in the end, it is much more like a terrible gimmick than anything else.
Not factoring how much I hate the main Duo since this is more a personal opinion than a critique.

Anyway, I didn't like this at all, and the only glimmer of hope I had was at the end with Akane free.
lezermanMar 27, 2020 10:50 AM
Mar 27, 2020 10:59 AM
Jul 2016
I'm a really big fan of Psycho-pass, and this movie did not fail to deliver my fix. I enjoyed season 3 (especially after watching season 2) and i think this movie concluded the season in a satisfactory way while still leaving something for the next season to delve into. The movie was far from perfect however and it is still far inferior to season 1, but i'm glad that they tried to do something different (compared to season 2)

Mar 27, 2020 1:57 PM

Dec 2019
Why illegal streaming websites divided this movie into 3 episodes?
hacker09Mar 28, 2020 7:18 AM
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

Mar 27, 2020 2:28 PM

Feb 2011
Well, this is it, the proper conclusion to Psycho Pass 3's side story (yes I refuse to call Psycho Pass 3 a mainline entry in the franchise, even though this movie tackled some main plot threads and characters)

It was enjoyable, I think I might have enjoyed it more than the season itself. Conclusion felt quite satisfying even though some character motivations are quite confusing.
HatsuyukiMar 27, 2020 2:32 PM
Mar 27, 2020 2:47 PM

Jul 2017
Technical-wise this movie was great. The animation at this point is awesome, the fighting scenes were well-choreographed, the music was really fitting to every scene and the photography was perfect as well. Overall this film was an eyegasm.

The problem however is the STORY. I remember when s3 was airing someone posted here that "it doesn't feel like Psycho-Pass anymore it just feels like a good detective series" and honestly I couldn't agree more. It's just like every concept they had built through s1 is completely shot down with the latest installments and I don't know how to feel about that. Also the plot didn't intrigue me at all. I didn't understand half of the things that happened since s3. What was bifrost anyway? What were their motives? Why the hell was Akane in prison?? etc. Finally unpopular opinion: I don't like that leading duo at all.

Mar 27, 2020 10:27 PM
Jul 2018
Did I miss something? I think they still don't explain why and how akane was imprisoned.
Mar 27, 2020 11:33 PM
Jul 2018
hacker09 said:
Why illegal streaming websites divided this movie into 4 episodes?

Not sure, but the official release from Amazon Prime itself is divided into 3 episodes.

As always, visuals are superb, soundtrack's amazing. I absolutely loved the fight scenes here. And while it was a satisfactory conclusion to season 3, my opinion on this season remains unchanged - a letdown compared to the original. It's an active franchise with lots of fans specially to its homeland, so I hope they do something about improving on the next season.

Still, thank you to the producers for giving us Ko x Ak shippers yet another short scene. Warning, major spoiler!

Mar 28, 2020 1:35 AM
Jan 2019
Overall im pretty pleased with the ending.I always thought that Psycho-pass 3 is a build up to something big and it turn out to be somewhat true.Visuals were great, soundtracks are stellar,the fight choreography is amazing,but imo Akane is such a wasted potential in First inspector.Shizuka turnouts to be my favourite character.The combo between Arata and Kei is undeniably good,Kogami and Gino is given a decent amount of screentime.The antagonist is pretty good (expected from the Psycho-pass series).And that last scene just makes me smile.

Verdict:This is the best Psycho-pass story not written by Gen urobuchi
Mar 28, 2020 2:18 AM
Sep 2019
The story of season 3 is poorly done but the action scenes make up for it. I dont understand why sybil didnt just insert bugs into roundrobin to take down the system since it seems sybil knows their hideout- they couldnt find a brilliant techy guy to do that? I consider the whole sybil acknowledging ma-karina as a loophole to be so meh, couldnt get any shallow than that
Mar 28, 2020 2:37 AM

Aug 2017
So yes I was squealing the life of me when Kogami meet up with Akane...
A twist of story.. I wonder if there is another season for this series...
Also will Arata will have a love-relationship w/ the governor...

Mar 28, 2020 4:44 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 28, 2020 6:23 AM

Jul 2012
The last 5 minutes were probably the best ones, again Akane and Kogami being reunited was the best part.
Other than that the movie was decent. So much stuff to take for granted. Still so strange to see Arata like some superhuman.

Glad Yayoi is alive while basically it being a miracle.
Karanamori and her pillbug the MVP. Really like her role in the movie.

Kei's role in the movie feels really strange. I thought him being an inspector will be an important role, but it felt very shallow. And the secret (i think it was a secret) about what happened to his brother, what even happened to that?!
Also still don't really get who was this third congressman. Feels like he was jujst thrown into the season and movie, and that's it.

So some possibilities for another (final) season?! Hope there will be explanation for Akane's imprisonement and Kogami's involvement again. It just seems wrong for Sibyl letting him back again after all stuff with Makishima.
overall 7/10
Mar 28, 2020 7:19 AM

Dec 2019
hacker09 said:

This makes me wonder who is wrong here, MAL or streaming websites...

Mar 28, 2020 11:57 AM

Nov 2019
9/10 this is amazing
Mar 28, 2020 12:52 PM

Apr 2010
hacker09 said:
hacker09 said:

It was Amazon Prime that did this. I don't know why.

They also did it with the Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress movie.
Mar 28, 2020 2:33 PM

Dec 2019
Banshee-IV said:
hacker09 said:

It was Amazon Prime that did this. I don't know why.

They also did it with the Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress movie.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress movie is also a good example of movie splitting that streamings did! ¬¬

Mar 28, 2020 3:37 PM

Jul 2016
I liked the movie overall. I do like the main duo, but i would have liked to see a lot more of the old characters in the movie and s3.
A lot of questions unanswered. Why was akane in prison? Sibyl (chief kasei) asked shizuka if he was going to finish what they didn’t after he said he wanted akane free.
Where did he come from? Why did he want to help sibyl destroy bifrost? It seemed like sibyl and him knew eachother.
The secret about keis and aratas family wasn’t revealed, who killed aratas father? What does keis brother have to do with everything?
Also for something that is a secret, the truth about sibyl is known to a lot of people. I guess kagari was the only one sibyl didn’t think could keep a secret.
They better make a season 4 and I will be satisfied.
The only thing that really bothered me, both here and on season 2, is that when it’s convenient for the plot, sibyl can do whatever the hell they want, they make the rules they break it. But when it’s not convenient, sibyl has this strict rules and can’t do anything about it. As mentioned above, if sibyl knew about bifrost why didn’t it do anything to destroy it, rules be damned. But killing azusawa even though he didn’t have a high enough crime coefficient is okay.
I really hope akanes story explain a few changes to sibyl, like letting arata live a normal life and wanting to go public with the truth.
Mar 28, 2020 7:27 PM

Oct 2010
I hate how streaming sites split movies into multiple parts. Super annoying. I hope we get a season 4
Mar 28, 2020 9:39 PM

Jul 2012
I really enjoyed it but so many things left unanswered like why Akane was in prison. Shimotsuki made a weird reaction when they announced Akane will be set free. Does she want Akane to stay locked up? What is the history here? I guess the writers intentionally kept things a secret so there will be room for a sequel. I still don't quite understand Homura's intentions. He's so kind enough to help everyone out? What? lol

7/10
Mar 29, 2020 5:26 AM

Oct 2017
So they totally focused on the bifrost and first inspector in this movie and we didn't learn anything about what happened to Akane. Thou good conclusion to the bifrost case.

The pillbug fight and the congressman burning scene was dope, I really loved those scenes. Also lol Kougami kicked Kei's ass, poor guy passed out. The other fight scenes were pretty good too.

Damn we got more Akane x Kougami moment. It was sweet af. Still waiting for their ship to sail.

Good movie overall. We learnt a few things and some mysteries were solved but there's still a lot of questions unanswered. So Psycho pass ain't over yet, looking forward to the day we get a new psycho pass season.
MegamiRemMar 29, 2020 5:29 AM
Mar 29, 2020 6:29 AM

Feb 2014
Jut watched this on Amazon Prime Videos. For some reason, Amazon cut it into three parts....

Glad that Yayoi is alive, I thought they totally killed her.

The entire movie focused on the first inspector and bifrost that we didn't even get answers on most of the questions / events of season 3.

Kougami and Gino working together with the new characters was nice. And Kougami kicked Kei's ass.

Then Arata expecting that he will be part of Sibyl after his fight withthe first inspector. LOL!

That Akane x Kougami moment at the end. I was hoping that we will see more of Akane in here but that didn't happen.

Fight scenes was kinda okay. And they barely used their denominators but that can be forgiven since the denominators on their office we're destroyed. The prototype shotgun denominator was nice, too bad it has to cool down everytime they use it. LOL!

They are also forcing that Arata x Karina pair.

I like Arata as an MC but Kei seems missing something. He's not like Kougami or Gino.

With so many unanswered questions, we will probably get a season 4.
OrangeRafiMar 29, 2020 6:38 AM
Mar 29, 2020 7:34 AM

Dec 2010
Episode 1/3

The moment emergency lights went red I know that the slaughter of Inspectors is coming 😂 The Season 2 flashbacks are real.

Also, the bug fight was one of the coolest things I've seen in a while 🤣
Mar 29, 2020 8:31 AM

Aug 2013
This is a continuation of Psycho-Pass 3 and it picked up on where it left it.
Poor Yayoi. Good thing she survived.

The fight between those small drones was epic. But at the same time, I couldn't help but laugh at it. XD

They never actually explained what Bifrost is both in this movie and season 3. The congressman, Shizuka Homura, managed to take down Bifrost by allowing Sibyl to participate.

Koichi Azusawa was an interesting antagonist. He really wanted to be part of the Sibyl System but got rejected. Should I feel sorry for him XD.

I loved the scene were Akane and Kougami were reunited. Again, the never explained why Akane was Imprisoned but thanks to Shizuka, she got released.

Speaking of Shizuka, he is now the new chief.

I hope they make a new season of Psycho-Pass.

8/10 for this movie.

Mar 29, 2020 12:07 PM

Dec 2015
Great movie. While I loved the first season (10/10), the 2nd season of the series was not that good. The first movie after the 2nd season was even less good. (Still barely 8/10 for me.)

Starting with the 3 small movies before the 3rd season the franchise improved again. Season 3 standalone would have been weak but I scored it (as well as the 3 small movies) also 8/10 because the movive was announced as continuation.

This movie is a 9/10 for me. Nice music. Nice char moments. (I really started to like Shimotsuki beginning with S3 and the 3 small movives.) That face of Shimotsuki at the end ...

Congressman guy was pretty clever. (His voice actor fits im well - same as Reinhard from the new LoGH if I remembe rcorrectly.) Didn't expect him to actually be one of the good guys. Also the other inspector guy wanting to become part of the Sibyl system (when usually people don't want that and get forced lol).

Hopefully we'll get to see more. Works as standalone end and sequel to the 3rd season - even if they don't produce more. Still open questions that leave room for more seasons. (And I'd really like to see more. With Akane back they could just do another 2-cour.)

I want the Sybil sytsem to get destroyed and Arata x Shimotsuki love couple. :D
Mar 29, 2020 1:37 PM

Mar 2017
Forget everything else. Best part of the movie was definitely finding out that the OS was named Camelot.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Mar 30, 2020 1:31 AM

Nov 2018
in the end i understand nothing..
Mar 30, 2020 2:28 AM

Jul 2019
So Azusawa is just a weapon of that Roundrobin old man, Shirogane to win the sole congressman position while Azusawa himself having his true intentions as to knowing the truth of the Sibyl system. Shirogane wanted Ma-karina (the AI) to be the Governor so that Sibyl gets vulnerable. It hasn't resolved everything but its quite climatic conclusion, since it wrapped up almost everything about Bifrost. Which turns out to be the debugged version of Sibly system.

So what is the story trying to tell us? nothing. Its just another story revolving around the Sibyl system like season 1, but its not focused on society and it doesn't have that psychological aspect to it. Lets not count that crappy season 1 bootleg (S2) who never even get referenced in the later installments. For me its still Psycho Pass. Never disappoints to make good characters. Knowing how it ended I can't wait for S4 with this set of characters.
leevApr 19, 2020 4:03 PM
Mar 30, 2020 4:02 AM

Feb 2014
Well played Homura. Not for personal opinions but the final goal. He really invested on the best pieces.
With the wrap up of the third season, we finally get to see the Sibyl System going for a move that could see them risking it all for the future.
Also to think that the First Inspector wanted to join the Sibyl System, he really played well until he got too involved with his own ethics. And that gave him away.

Overall I really hope we get the continuation to this series. Wonder what the new season will have in store for us.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 30, 2020 5:13 AM

Jan 2014
Truly atrocious.
Mar 30, 2020 9:15 AM

Oct 2009
Onii-chan said:
Did I miss something? I think they still don't explain why and how akane was imprisoned.

I think you're right.

In Season 3, what we get about that issue is that Akane was involved in a case where two Public Safety Bureau's inspectors died, and that it was resolving around Bifrost and Foxes/Inspectors shenanigans.

I had thought they put the blame on her for that case, but in this movie, Sybil suggests that Akane is involved in "matters they've deferred", so it goes probably beyond Bifrost and is likely about Peacebreakers and Pathfinders.
Mar 30, 2020 10:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Personally enjoyed the first two parts significantly more than the final bit but it was a fun watch overall nonetheless.

Ever since the first 2/3rd of Season 1, the philosophy surrounding Society and Evil & Good and etc. just hasn't been able to resonate as much and the further complexity of the setting by the installment doesn't help the cause either. More aggravating is the fact that they're keeping certain portion of the narrative hidden from us despite little hints thrown here and there. As such, a Season 4 better be coming soon and this time with more answers than questions.

Keeping that aside, the action scenes, setting (sci-fi) and mind games were a treat to watch though hence why the first two parts were more enjoyable. Some interesting twists too, such as the "bluff" from Azusawa for instance, which was enthralling. Surprisingly, a fair amount of romantic developments and insights too, didn't think we'd see that at all, to be honest. Didn't feel jarring though so it's a thumbs-up from me.

Finally out with Shindou's backstory, which was pretty nice. Criminally asymptotic, we got that from earlier but I'm still a little unclear regarding his father. According to Azusawa, he's supposed to be this really nasty person but we got no such implications in the backstory. Did he become a Congressman in order to protect Shindou or something of that sort? Well, that's part of what I mentioned earlier.

Damn, Azusawa getting the rejection from the Sibyl System like that was quite disheartening to see in many ways, lol. Couldn't help but be a bit disappointed honestly, he was totally on top of everything but then gave it all away to become "one with God" and that happened. I was sure he, of all people, would at least know of the requirement for becoming a part of the Sibyl System but guess not.

Funny how both Shindou and Ignatov were battered like that though. Kougami is too freaking strong, damn! Sweet final moments before the ED too, I really want to see more of these. Would be extra pleased if they could include Ignatov's proposal too, lol.

Kougami and Akane's bit towards the end there was really sweet too. Looks like we might be seeing them back in action together, albeit probably briefly, in time. An enforcer now though, I wonder what the Sibyl is up to. And I'm sad we don't know the specifics as to why she was in jail for the first place.

Mamoru Miyano's character carrying out that revenge so clean like that and then landing the Chief position is .. clean, yeah xD.

One more mention to the Op, which was simply fantastic! And the visuals are very Psycho-Pass like which is great as always!

Going to settle with a solid 7/10, just a nod over Season 3. Here's to hoping we'll be seeing more from this franchise!

Edit: Forgot to mention earlier. I knew they didn't kill Yayoi-san and likewise for Shion-san but seeing the two in better condition and about to rekindle something possibly was fantastic, lol.
_MushiRock11_Mar 30, 2020 10:18 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 30, 2020 10:21 AM

Mar 2014
Wow amazing, this is why I love this kind of anime

But there is also a few things left out, I wonder if that means there will/might be a sequel, I do hope so

10/10
Mar 30, 2020 7:36 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Apparently there was an after credit scene in the theatrical version where Akane tells the inspectors that she will tell them what happened two years ago (the thing that got her imprisoned). This greatly increases the chances of a fourth season.

https://piunikaweb.com/2020/03/30/psycho-pass-3-spoilers-after-credit-scene-from-first-inspector-missing-on-amazon-prime-video/
Mar 31, 2020 10:38 AM
Apr 2019
hacker09 said:
It was uploaded like this on Amazon Prime.
Mar 31, 2020 10:40 AM

Dec 2019
adityush007 said:
hacker09 said:
It was uploaded like this on Amazon Prime.

Thank you,but @Banshee-IV already said it, but I'm still wondering who is wrong here, MAL or streaming websites...

Apr 3, 2020 12:02 AM
Nov 2016
I wish that there will be more interaction from the cast of previous seasons. It definitely tied many loose ends from S3 and explained the relation of Bifrost to Sibyl system. The lackluster S2 and S3 have lowered my expectations of Psycho-Pass generally, but I still enjoyed watching the movie and Sinners of System. S1 was the best for me.

Now, Akane is out as a statuory Enforcer. I hope we will get to witness more of her involvement as part of the CID team. Part of me hoping that she will be the chief again. Shimotsuki finally redeemed herself in S3....lol
Apr 3, 2020 12:04 AM
Nov 2016
Friddan said:
Truly atrocious.
Better than S2 and S3 at the very least
Apr 3, 2020 12:06 AM
Nov 2016
Sokah said:
They detect perfume but not military weapons being sneaked into the building. They don't have access to their dominators, which are themselves already locked down so don't need that security. Pillbug laser fights. Awful fight scenes. Can move around the building but can't move around the building. Can't get assistance etc.

For a show that is supposed to make you think about society and motivation and such, there sure wasn't a lot of thought put into this show. It's very poorly done with everything just being done to service the plot of fill time even though it makes no sense to the background or overall show. It's frustrating to watch something this ineptly done, and the fact that it's bloated to over 2 hours just makes it worse.
True. Some of their actions question my sense of judgment and their terrible plot of convenience. But at least we got to see decent ending for S3 and that's why it doesn't receive high marks on my list at the very least
starkfishApr 3, 2020 2:39 PM
Apr 3, 2020 11:47 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Entertaining and well made. More than season 2 in general and maybe even 3. Would watch again.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 3, 2020 8:33 PM
Mar 2013
enjoyed it, can't wait for the next installment (season or movie)
and as always, fantastic to see more of the old characters (kogami & akane!!)
Apr 5, 2020 8:43 AM
Feb 2016
Ngl i don't understand shit but that was quite interesting. Since I'm a fan giving this 8/10. Azusawa fight were just some drag on drama they made. Really hope they explain more abt Shizuka. So many unexplained factor abt him. Such wasted mamoru miyano voice
Apr 5, 2020 8:57 PM

Jul 2013
I don't feel like all that buildup was worth what we got. I don't know if they're saving everything for S4 or if they wanted to play it safe after S2, but it feels like the series is just spinning its wheels.
Apr 5, 2020 11:29 PM
Jul 2007
It was a bit too convoluted for its own good, trying to tie off all the stuff from season 3. I didn't think this was anything special. If anything I think all that stuff we got in Season 3 was a waste of time, and it should have just gone straight to First Inspector from Sinners of the System; could care less about Kei and Arata from season 3. Mental Tracing just seems too Deus Ex machina'ish for me to like, and it's just there to give some nice imagery whenever he taps into it... Arata with his whole parkour mental powers doesn't fit in the world in my opinion. This is supposed to be a psychological anime and this movie was just trash in that regard. I also don't like Mika because her personality and everything is so annoying and immature. Do you think a girl (I think she's a girl not a mature woman) who is screaming at you at all the time is mature enough to lead a department of people in charge of incarcerating people and making them explode with guns, better yet knowing this TRUTH behind their whole society? I don't think so, and she knows it herself that Akane is superior to her in every way. I mean it's obvious Sibyl is OK with this because you don't want someone smart and mature like Akane in a position of power, do you, or is that just the anime-powers that may be wanting someone with some tsun tsun vibe? You can just refer to SingleH's review on here as to why everything since Psycho Pass 2 (excluding the movie) has been a failure.
eraltergApr 6, 2020 12:10 AM
Apr 6, 2020 4:35 AM

Nov 2013
Interesting movie, they totally left the door open for future seasons.

That twist at the end was pretty nice,
Didn’t expect Sibyl system to appoint Shizuka as the new chief.
He’s by far the most interesting character in both S3 and this sequel movie.

There’s still a lot of mysteries I want answered... for instance,
- Why did Shizuka want to destroy Bifrost if not for the sake of his adoptive father or revenge?
- Why did Shizuka accept to join Sibyl on condition of releasing Akane ? (ie. what kind of relationship does he and Akane share?) > we are hinted by Kasei that it has to do with the unresolved matters that were deferred, so it likely has to do with do with a vulnerability within Sibyl
- The truth about the deaths of Atsushi and Akira (ie. Kei’s brother) is still up in the air

As an end note,
I can see the future season focusing on how the Sibyl System will evolve given the new law that will recognize the rights of AI, which will undoubtedly affect the system itself.
Also, Akane becoming an ‘aid’ to Shimotsuki will be hilarious! She’ll be doing what she does best, following in her ideals of justice as a new Enforcer. That’ll be a nice change of pace. It seems all of the good detectives end up turning into Enforcers.... Kogami, Masaoka, Ginoza, and now Akane.

Looking forward to what is next in the storyline!
Apr 7, 2020 9:01 AM

Dec 2010
I don't even know what to start with. I guess that the mindless "24"-style action is forgiven, it was just some fun we had, even if we wouldn't lose anything by cutting it out.

Now, let's get to Azusawa, I would say that he did turn out to be a rather interesting villain. We had the criminally asymptomatic Makishima, a person left out of society and then forced by the system to partake in it(the system). We had Kamui, a "person" carrying the grievances of a whole group against the system.
This time around we have Azusawa, a member of society with huge talent(or maybe just hard work put into his skills) and potential, but who in the end is considered "painfully average" by the system, something that he deifies. He is a truly valuable citizen and member of society but he could never become part of the system no matter how hard he works for it. The qualities that distinguish the normal person from the ruling class are innate, something decided by birth, not by merit. One could never become a "god", gods are born as gods. And while this is already dramatic enough, he adores the system so much, that he would rather be hated and destroyed by it, than accept its indifference. His attitude is reminiscent of the "they'll see when I'm gone" thoughts of people planning suicide. One of the best bits is that you can actually see that him and Makishima both lashed out in a completely human manner when they were rejected by the system; this is not really as important for Azusawa, as it is for Makishima - while we already knew that deep down the latter was a human just like everyone else, even if he was born different, the similarity between the two helps emphasise this even further(I personally love when continuations build up the existing material).
In the end, Azusawa is definitely a respectable villain. Not only this, but he is also the first one to oppose the system as an ordinary person. Of course, we have to give credit to Homura, as the juxtaposition between the two is the reason we manage to understand the first so well. One of the best bits of that was when Homura got the seat of a Bureau Chief; it emphasised even further the image of Sybil as a "god" as in a biblical manner the meek inherited the earth. Azusawa's pride is a fault of his character that would never allow him to achieve the same position. A bit ironic, considering his goals.

Finally, I'm sad that Tsunemori did become an Enforcer in the end, but just like Ginoza said, choosing position before purpose is the worst thing one can do. This anime loves speaking through parallels, doesn't it?

I was about to score this as 7/10, but after a better-than-superficial analysis, this season builds up the franchise very well and it does deserve an 8/10. There are cons to it of course, a ton of boring action for example, but does that really detract from the value of something that did hit its marks where it counts? I don't think so.
Apr 8, 2020 4:39 AM

Jul 2016
anime-prime said:
Apparently there was an after credit scene in the theatrical version where Akane tells the inspectors that she will tell them what happened two years ago (the thing that got her imprisoned). This greatly increases the chances of a fourth season.

I really dont care at this point. This series has turned into a hot mess after a fantastic season 1.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» How things should turned out after season 1 rather than now ?

MujheKyunNikala - Aug 14, 2020

9 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 16, 5:25 AM

» The staff should go to McDonald's to work

TommiVate - Jun 5, 2020

4 by Dawizz »»
Aug 23, 2023 11:32 PM

» Regarding Akane [SPOILER for the ending]

Andreicus - Apr 12, 2020

10 by TaelFayre »»
Apr 3, 2023 9:25 PM

» Physical Release??

kingdude267 - Aug 22, 2022

2 by kingdude267 »»
Aug 28, 2022 11:47 PM

Poll: » Will we get a Season 4?

Kazgrewkogami - Aug 2, 2020

27 by PandanLeafSan »»
Aug 14, 2022 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.