Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 26, 9:16 PM
What are some popular anime series and/or arcs a large majority of people like that you hate.

For me I'd say NGE, HxH's Chimera Ant arc, and One Piece's Skypeia arc. Also, not a series, but those Kizumonogatari movie trilogies.

Edit: Changed the topic title to just arcs and I just got reminded of the Conviction arc in Berserk. I love Berserk, but that arc I just really don't like for the most part.
Modified by SSbardock84, Mar 27, 9:15 AM

Mar 26, 9:26 PM
Pro Shonen Dork

Bruh really? The Kizu movies were mint, especially 3.
What a beautiful Duwang

Mar 26, 9:30 PM
Jus1294 said:

Eh just not my jam I guess. I actually thought the third one was the worst of the three tbh.

Mar 26, 9:34 PM
Pro Shonen Dork

SSbardock84 said:
Jus1294 said:

Eh just not my jam I guess. I actually thought the third one was the worst of the three tbh.

Just checking, but did you watch Bakemonogatari before Kizu?
What a beautiful Duwang

Mar 26, 9:36 PM
Jus1294 said:
SSbardock84 said:

Nope, I did not. It was the first of that whole universe that I had seen.

Mar 26, 9:41 PM
Pro Shonen Dork

SSbardock84 said:
Jus1294 said:

That might be the issue then. The Monogatari series isn't meant to be watched in chronological order. Try watching the first part of Bakemonogatari since it's only like 3 episodes and if it's still not vibing then ye, it's not for you.
What a beautiful Duwang

Mar 26, 9:41 PM
Yeah my choice is on Chimera Arc too, i thought it was a filler arc, then i checked that it was the longest arc, i barely finished it.

Mar 26, 9:56 PM

The entire Nanatsu no Taizai franchise after season 1.I really enjoyed season 1 but after that the series turn dog shit.It become a power fantasy with the worst power system ever and absurd power ups.The series is filled with inconsistencies.The character gains power ups through their arse.

Also the recent Overhaul arc of Boku no Hero.Every BNHA fan hyped as the best thing ever but it turned to be a boring slogfest with underwhelmed fights.Kirishima's fight was the only good thing from the arc.

Mar 26, 10:02 PM

Let's see how much post about Chimera Ant that will fill this thread from both side.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Mar 26, 10:12 PM

Here we go with this thread again.

Entirety of BNHA franchise. I have no idea how did this thing became so popular.
Re:Zero because it became boring and unentertaining after episode 5.
The fact that Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi is a Ghibli movie didn't make it better or worse.
Konosuba is suppose to be a comedy right? Than why it didn't made me laugh once?
I have the same problem with Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai.
Mahou Shojo Madoka Magica - make a generic battle anime with darker theme and a lot of blood, put lollies as MCs and call it a masterpiece. Wow, so unique.
Hyouka was so boring that it made me fall asleep (not once).

Mar 26, 10:13 PM

The Alvarez arc in Fairy Tail was beyond atrocious even for the series. Hate it with a passion.

Edit: Actually, hate might be a slight exaggeration. It was at least laughably bad at times lol
Modified by Attackonfiller, Mar 26, 10:20 PM

Mar 26, 10:14 PM

All arcs in Evangelion plus End of Evangelion

Mar 26, 10:20 PM
I'm with you on NGE. The ending completely killed any respect I had for the show. Thankfully end of eva was made, I enjoyed that one.

Your lie in april is also a pick for me.

Mar 26, 10:54 PM

The Crazy Steve Arc from Doreeku to Jyoshuu would be my pick, awful slow pacing, underwhelming fights, bad dialogue, insane amount of plot armor. Overrated
K-On! Is Objectively The Best Anime Of All Time.

Mar 26, 10:57 PM
Thanks for another unique topic idea

Mar 26, 11:00 PM

Takuto_Shindou said:
Thanks for another unique topic idea
Like every week we get an overrated series discussion. The word "overrated" is starting to bug me.

@SSbardock84 I think it would be better if you just say a popular anime arc that you hate rather than also including a popular series that you hate. Like this is the 100th time I saw a discussion like this.

Just saying.

Allow me to teach you something useful:
My Top 20 Japanese Cartoons
Elitists in a nutshell
Many people say that anime is not a cartoon.
But in the end, they're nothing more but drawings on paper.

Mar 26, 11:09 PM
I don't actually hate most of them, but pretty much any arc of naruto and bleach. What pisses me off is that instead of either making it a shorter anime or using the 400 episodes to cover a bigger story or develop the character more they just stretch every fight for 2-5 episodes and fill them up with ultra slow dialogues and monologues, ffs its boring. I was just watching shippuden the other day and there was a fucking 6 episodes long fight with like just 5 or 6 big blows. Nobody even moved for 95% of the time. Bleach don't has this problem so much in the big fights, but there're a lot of fodder characters fights that take an entire episode, make it shorter dammit. The one really loved one I actually dislike is the first arc of classic Naruto, the one with Zabuza and the girl boy. They took like 15 episodes building up drama on useless characters, showing that sakura is useless, naruto works hard but is also useless, sasuke is ok but just a little less useless and that Kakashi is awesome. It could and should have been done in less than 5 episodes.

Mar 26, 11:15 PM

obvious one, SAO. also really hated higurashi and mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. strongly disliked elfen lied

don't hate these but one punch man and 3-gatsu no lion were not as good as i thought they would be. cowboy bebop also fell a little short of expectations. don't get the hype about clannad either

Mar 26, 11:17 PM
Xuande

I think there was a thread like this not long ago. But I'll still contribute with the show I've never mentioned before - Parasyte. I just can't understand why people like it. MC and his parasyte infested hand look so goofy, that I can't take the whole show seriously. Dropped it on ep. 5, couldn't bear to watch MC being that pathetic. Maybe I missd something? Who knows
Fëanor did nothing wrong

Mar 27, 12:08 AM

I actually really liked NGE anime series, but EoE was awful. Will always prefer the manga.

Mar 27, 12:09 AM
I don't really know if it's considered an arc but I'm gonna put it anyway since I despise it.

Log Horizon S2 episodes 15-21, holy shit I hate it so much.

What happens when you give 1/4 of the season to some uninteresting, whiny kids? Here you go! I don't care at all about those characters, I was groaning everytime I hear them speak. It was very boring to watch.

Mar 27, 12:19 AM
Re: Zero
Wasted 3gb downloading all the episodes just to fall asleep

Mar 27, 9:07 AM
Jus1294 said:
SSbardock84 said:

That might be the issue then. The Monogatari series isn't meant to be watched in chronological order. Try watching the first part of Bakemonogatari since it's only like 3 episodes and if it's still not vibing then ye, it's not for you.

All right, thanks for the advice.

@TheKawaiiToon Next time I'll search to see if topics have been done recently or overdone then. Tbh this is the first topic I've made here, but thanks.

Edit: Changed topic title.
Modified by SSbardock84, Mar 27, 9:16 AM

Mar 27, 6:56 PM

Your favorite one.

It's ironic, I had the brew she had the chronic
The Lakers beat the Supersonics
Doug Walker was born in Naples, Italy; and because his father was in the Navy, lived in many different places across the United States when he was growing up. He went on to study film at Northern Illinois University, majoring in communications.

After college, he worked as an illustrator and started making YouTube videos for fun. He first grabbed viewers' attention with clever 5 second movie versions of popular films, and gained more notoriety with his snarky "Nostalgia Critic" reviews.

Mar 27, 7:11 PM

Aren_Kurudo said:
Re: Zero
Wasted 3gb downloading all the episodes just to fall asleep

You should've done more research on the series. Its acclaim pretty much only comes from episode 8 onwards when it DRASTICALLY shifts in tone. I would also agree that's when it actually becomes worthwhile and "good." You really might be missing out on something.