Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Mar 25, 6:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
is there any way to know best anime genres or mean score of each genre?
 
#2
Mar 25, 6:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16613
i remember someone on reddit did a statistic analysis and highest rated were thriller, josei
and lowest rated was Music, Dementia because there are a shitton of shorts in these genres which usually get low ratings
sadly its not easy to find again
 
#3
Mar 25, 6:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 147
nope, seems like a great idea but in reality it would take too much time and effort to do, since a show on here usually has 3+ genres and there are over 30,000 shows, sooo
I'm ready for season 2. Hope it's not trash. Anyways, enjoy your day today
 
#4
Mar 25, 6:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
I was thinking about thriller that maybe the best genre, so i wanted to know which one is the best
yahari maybe thriller is the best.
 
#5
Mar 25, 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 147
I can definitely see thriller or maybe seinen. no idea tbh
I'm ready for season 2. Hope it's not trash. Anyways, enjoy your day today
 
#6
Mar 25, 6:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
SleepyMan1209 said:
nope, seems like a great idea but in reality it would take too much time and effort to do, since a show on here usually has 3+ genres and there are over 30,000 shows, sooo


if MAL staff do it they just need a simple function.
 
#7
Mar 25, 6:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 147
that's true... they can do it like anilist does it, but i doubt we would see it
I'm ready for season 2. Hope it's not trash. Anyways, enjoy your day today
 
#8
Mar 25, 7:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2184
romagia said:
i remember someone on reddit did a statistic analysis and highest rated were thriller, josei
and lowest rated was Music, Dementia because there are a shitton of shorts in these genres which usually get low ratings
sadly its not easy to find again

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/8j1iw6/analysis_of_mal_scores/
This?
 
#9
Mar 25, 7:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
Reanot said:
Stop obsessing over genres. If the anime is good, then it is good.


LOL you are exactly right, if it's not anime then it's meaningless.
 
Mar 25, 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
Reanot said:
HEDI_kun said:


LOL you are exactly right, if it's not anime then it's meaningless.


This but unironically. Poopoo peepee gotta get that word count.

what is Poopoo peepee? is it food???
 
Mar 25, 7:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
mhkr said:
romagia said:
i remember someone on reddit did a statistic analysis and highest rated were thriller, josei
and lowest rated was Music, Dementia because there are a shitton of shorts in these genres which usually get low ratings
sadly its not easy to find again

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/8j1iw6/analysis_of_mal_scores/
This?

thank you it is helpful....................
 
Mar 25, 7:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 232
Yaoi 6.4194
Yuri 6.0295

It's official. Yaoi is better than Yuri. Lol
 
Mar 25, 8:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
horridhendy said:
Yaoi 6.4194
Yuri 6.0295

It's official. Yaoi is better than Yuri. Lol

until now didn't watch a single anime of those genre
 
Mar 26, 6:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16613
SleepyMan1209 said:
nope, seems like a great idea but in reality it would take too much time and effort to do, since a show on here usually has 3+ genres and there are over 30,000 shows, sooo
most of the ids are actually dead links
whenever someone fills this form http://myanimelist.net/panel.php?go=anime_series&do=add
a new anime id is created, but most anime added by this are rejected
there are only like 15k actual entries on MAL, out of 40k+ ids
besides, with the power of automation, it isn't *that* hard to write a script that extracts and calculates this info

mhkr said:
romagia said:
i remember someone on reddit did a statistic analysis and highest rated were thriller, josei
and lowest rated was Music, Dementia because there are a shitton of shorts in these genres which usually get low ratings
sadly its not easy to find again

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/8j1iw6/analysis_of_mal_scores/
This?
thank you you are my greatest ally

HEDI_kun said:
horridhendy said:
Yaoi 6.4194
Yuri 6.0295

It's official. Yaoi is better than Yuri. Lol

until now didn't watch a single anime of those genre
those genres are used on MAL to solely describe hentai
contrary to some popular usage of the words
 
Mar 30, 8:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 56
Sick of Shounen's, love comedy and slice of life.
I spend more time watching anime then actually doing my job~
 
Mar 30, 9:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 129
Uh.........um............in.......short.........no.........................
 
Mar 30, 10:19 PM

Online
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 1237
I think first they should add the isekai genre or is it just me.

 
Mar 31, 12:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
Zedlin said:
Sick of Shounen's, love comedy and slice of life.


try thriller mystery military psychology
 
Mar 31, 12:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
-EnvyV2- said:
I think first they should add the isekai genre or is it just me.

what the hell isekai genre is? like isekai quartet ?
 
Mar 31, 12:46 AM

Online
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1028
That's a terrible way to find good anime mate. Just watch what you like.
MEA·MENTVLA·INCENS·EST
 
Mar 31, 12:49 AM

Online
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 1237
HEDI_kun said:
-EnvyV2- said:
I think first they should add the isekai genre or is it just me.

what the hell isekai genre is? like isekai quartet ?


Yea like Isekai quartet and all those participating in it, cause they are all characters that were sent into "another world"

 
Mar 31, 12:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
Theo1899 said:
That's a terrible way to find good anime mate. Just watch what you like.


how to know which i like before watching?
 
Mar 31, 12:56 AM

Online
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1028
HEDI_kun said:
Theo1899 said:
That's a terrible way to find good anime mate. Just watch what you like.


how to know which i like before watching?


You have already watched a few shows so you know what appeals to you. MAL mean scores aren't always an indicator of quality and just because a genre has a high mean score doesn't mean that it fits your taste.
MEA·MENTVLA·INCENS·EST
 
Mar 31, 1:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
-EnvyV2- said:
HEDI_kun said:

what the hell isekai genre is? like isekai quartet ?


Yea like Isekai quartet and all those participating in it, cause they are all characters that were sent into "another world"


what about parody? isn't that you want?
 
Mar 31, 1:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
Theo1899 said:
HEDI_kun said:


how to know which i like before watching?


You have already watched a few shows so you know what appeals to you. MAL mean scores aren't always an indicator of quality and just because a genre has a high mean score doesn't mean that it fits your taste.


dakara how to know before watching?
 
Mar 31, 1:11 AM

Online
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1028
HEDI_kun said:
Theo1899 said:


You have already watched a few shows so you know what appeals to you. MAL mean scores aren't always an indicator of quality and just because a genre has a high mean score doesn't mean that it fits your taste.


dakara how to know before watching?

Sorry mate that's impossible. Also don't dakara me I'm easily annoyed.
MEA·MENTVLA·INCENS·EST
 
Mar 31, 1:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
Theo1899 said:
HEDI_kun said:


dakara how to know before watching?

Sorry mate that's impossible. Also don't dakara me I'm easily annoyed.

sorry bro, i didn't mean anything bad. :(
 
Mar 31, 2:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 56
HEDI_kun said:
Zedlin said:
Sick of Shounen's, love comedy and slice of life.


try thriller mystery military psychology


I love thrillers, an example being Kaiji. I've watched countless mystery anime and manga, despite the genre not being my favorite. Example being Detective Conan. Psychology is a genre that I feel anyone can enjoy as long as they like philosophical mumbo jumbo. And I really try to avoid action shows these days so the military genre is boring to me.

What's your least favorite genre?
I spend more time watching anime then actually doing my job~
 
Mar 31, 4:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 47
Zedlin said:
HEDI_kun said:


try thriller mystery military psychology


I love thrillers, an example being Kaiji. I've watched countless mystery anime and manga, despite the genre not being my favorite. Example being Detective Conan. Psychology is a genre that I feel anyone can enjoy as long as they like philosophical mumbo jumbo. And I really try to avoid action shows these days so the military genre is boring to me.

What's your least favorite genre?

these are my least favorite:
ecchi, vampire, mecha, space.

but until now didn't watch( yuri, yaoi, shoujo ai, harem)
 
Top