Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 12 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 3, 2021 9:27 AM

Nov 2016
a fun finish to an SOLish anime. still hoping us humans can evolve enough to have real VR games. not sure i can play it in my lifetime, also guessing my kids still wont see it in theirs too. if only i were born like 100 years into the future lol...

surprised how they didnt win the event since there were 7 godzillas, 1 of them even killed off the top players. was also surprised pain was a chill guy, thought hed be more of a 'sore loser' (prolly not a sore loser per se, but winning against an opponent +30 lvls above seems too broken) after getting OHKd. also feels kind of weird how chrome was the only guy in the gang (yep, also thought kanade was a guy too).

hopefully the next season might show other chars more often.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Feb 20, 2021 9:28 AM

Dec 2012
And the demon lord Maple saves the day by eating the hero of justice and his friends...wait, something's off.

And then the great devil Maple unleashed her army of demons onto the lands and slaughtered adventurers without mercy, happily ever after...hold on, that doesn't sound right either.

In any case, that was outright insane.

Well all in all, Bofuri turned out to be a real treat. The lighthearted approach made Maple's progress to final boss level absolutely hilarious and I couldn't get enough of her constant game breaking antics. The contrast between Maple's ditzy, cutesy personality and her menacing, overwhelming might made it all the better. I love that recurring insert song and it was an absolute riot when they played it during the PK fest this episode.

The prospect of a second season has me more than ready to embrace more of Maple's divinity as a angelic, demonic, monstrous, nuclear gundam that turns into a poisonous ball of wool and flies on a giant turtle with twin loli Thor ready to rain thunder down on her foes.

8/10
Feb 27, 2021 4:30 PM

Mar 2013
FONZACUS said:
also feels kind of weird how chrome was the only guy in the gang (yep, also thought kanade was a guy too).

Kanade is male. Evidently, this is better explained in the novels, or something.
Apr 7, 2021 2:45 AM

Sep 2020
This is what I call Kawaii + kakoii Mapple sally combo UwU
Apr 17, 2021 12:54 AM

Feb 2020
Such a great finale.

I loved this anime. It was much better than I expected.

Maple, Sally, May and Yui were my favorite characters. <3

Maple and her new skills and the wacky transformations were hilarious. :D

9/10

SerafosOct 25, 2021 11:45 PM
Apr 18, 2021 6:58 PM
Dec 2015
I wonder what color hair Mai and Yui have outside the game. Perhaps Mai being the oldest, went with their natural hair color while Yui went the opposite direction? What do you think?
Apr 26, 2021 6:58 AM

Sep 2012
Maple: i am playing normally like all of u guy's

Others: yea right

Me: lol

When Mapel in demon form was front of Mii she should have licked her (u know like ur dog does u) then she is covered with demon saliva LOL

Sugram22May 3, 2021 4:11 AM
Apr 30, 2021 3:48 AM

Aug 2018
It was a fun ride, can't wait for the next adventure in season two!!
May 9, 2021 12:00 AM

Dec 2008
Whether female or male, the overpower thang can get very boring quickly. The "Mary Sue" aspect was just too much and almost ruined my oft fantasy of using shields in awesome ways. The show began well enough, but just got too repetitive. If it had been a true Isekai, or at the least a "Stuck in game" scenario", it would have added some good flavor to the show. Still it was okay and I might watch season 2. I still like shields lol :P
Aug 9, 2021 10:58 AM

Sep 2012
AnchientProphet2 said:
Whether female or male, the overpower thang can get very boring quickly. The "Mary Sue" aspect was just too much and almost ruined my oft fantasy of using shields in awesome ways. The show began well enough, but just got too repetitive. If it had been a true Isekai, or at the least a "Stuck in game" scenario", it would have added some good flavor to the show. Still it was okay and I might watch season 2. I still like shields lol :P

Mary Sue is perfect in awry thing and she is not she is just OP, ppl are starting to forget the definition of Mary Sue and the difference between OP and Mary Sue
Aug 23, 2021 3:23 PM

May 2015
God I love this series!

I can't stop smiling at this wholesome funny adventure of Maple.

I love that last line "I'm just playing the game normally" and everyone chimes in lmao!!

This series just screams fun. Its like a proper game with your friends and just a fun experience overall.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 27, 2021 11:31 PM

May 2019
Wholesome SAO with wholesome OP Kirito lol

Kidding, it is the total opposite of that edgy series, and it is amazing.

I was not expecting to be this nice even being nothing pretentious all the time.

Lets see S2 with more wholesome asspulled MMORPG cheats of our Canadian shield lol
Sep 7, 2021 8:04 PM
Apr 2020
Is it just me, or did Sally’s daggers just go AWOL on her after Maple got reduced to 1 hp by Payne? No wonder why Sally couldn’t defend against Frederica’s multi-barrier attack.
Romax24245Sep 8, 2021 5:10 AM
Oct 23, 2021 4:13 PM

May 2017
laughed like a monkey when Mii was scared facing this monster lool
Then there was 7 monster shooting lazers everywhere 😱

Frederica was realy cute , as expected from the usual imouto VA

Looking forward the next season since maple got 8 more member 😅
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Oct 25, 2021 4:08 AM

Jul 2021
AnchientProphet2 said:

I think you miss the whole message of the show, Bofuri is not about Maple being the most OP and best player in this anime, BUT the true message is just having FUN playing games with your friend and Not to be toxic.

And I think that message make this anime one of my MOST Favorite anime of all time.
Dec 22, 2021 10:52 PM
Apr 2020
Definitely a freakin EPIC finale with Maple going berserk.. And with that SEVEN Godzillas? I've never seen this savage end before

But really.. I'm actually quite impressed on this anime. I'm always avoiding this on my list because it's an another typical OP MC, and that I'll get bored before picking ul the interest of watching it any further.. So after almost 2 years I finally try to watch it. At first, I get really bored on the first 3 episodes. But taking an hour break and coming back to this helps, I think (I dunno if I'm just sleepy or what), and I really enjoyed it from then on. So if some of you are planning on dropping it after the first couple of eps, don't cuz it gets better overtime

8/10 for this. And more Maple's OPness coming in the second season! Can't wait :)

And also props to SILVER LINK. for decent animations.. Never thought they can do this sick fight scenes
Dec 24, 2021 6:34 AM

Nov 2014
That was interesting. It was funny and entertaining when Maple stumbles across random skills through obscure means.

I do wish it took itself a little less seriously though, there's a lot of action scenes that try to give the illusion that something bad will happen. But really we all know how it will end up.

Overall 6/10. Decent I'd say, it would have been nice if some of the other characters had a little more life breathed into them over the 12 episodes.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 28, 2021 2:18 AM
Nov 2021
Great way to end the first season! I do hope Maple discovers new quirky skills in season 2 haha.
Jan 2, 2022 11:19 PM

Jul 2019
I liked this series a lot! Maple is adorably ditzy and plays the game her own way.

Misery without her hat is really cute!

I think the green dev is voiced by Kuno Misaki but I can't read japanese so I can't confirm it.

Looking forward to season 2!
Jan 7, 2022 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
kyled00m said:
Spoiler tag to shorten post. (the un-tagged portion should be enough to understand the blocks of text hidden)

Lawgun said:
.. but since this crap has so high rating I won't.
Your real reason for causing hysterics. Get off the forums. Your bias doesn't not need to match everyone else. We're not your clones and you're not our Queen Ant/Bee.
When I say the anime production company shit on the series and exploited it base just to sell fanservice and references to other series, it labels what is wrong with the series. Your comment suggests you are god and everyone should do and believe what you say.
#FreeWill
thank YOU. I'd always wanted to say this to all the high brow elitists who think Anime exists only for them. No one's forcing them to Watch this and they can drop this at any time but Noooooo. They come to forums complaining about the flaws which every viewer already knows and ignores because the show is good overall. It's not like this is the only anime like this is made and heck these kind of anime are in the minority, 2-3 per season.
Jan 15, 2022 6:56 AM

Apr 2013
Well at least Atrocity was her actual trump card, made me forget about the mecha thing a bit. Did not expect that "conclusion" of the tournament though, very open ending.

First half was good, I enjoyed her just levelling up and finding ways how to break the game quite interesting. The guild stuff was also cool, even though most of the characters felt quite bland. The biggest problem for me was that mecha transformation which did not fit in there at all, also the last arc was way too long, the fighting was kinda boring. Even though the animation and art were really good as you would expect from Silver Link. 7/10
Jan 23, 2022 8:13 AM
Oct 2021
IMO, this anime would've been fine if it was an Isekai, but with it being a videogame, I can't hep but think of how terribly balanced the game is and how Maple's overpoweredness is effectively ruining the other players' experiences by steamrolling them.

While turning into multiple monsters and one-hit killing everything while pretty much being invincible is cool, it seems contradictory as heck to the whole super-tank-with-no-other-stats thing that Maple was building up earlier on.

The worst part is that Maple got these skills via dumb luck rather than effort put into the game. So you have a new player effortlessly destroying others who've been playing longer and working harder than her. And among the thousands of other players, no one even knows how she became so overpowered.
May 23, 2022 5:01 PM
Dec 2021
boring. hated it.
Aug 22, 2022 12:33 AM
Oct 2017
yeah really good take on the genre
Sep 9, 2022 10:33 PM
May 2022
fofo bom bom bom bom bom bom bom muito forte defesa defesa
Sep 16, 2022 12:50 PM

Mar 2020
I just rewatched it before I had rated it 7 now it's 8 :3 !!
Oct 1, 2022 5:32 PM
Aug 2022
Really cute and creative show. I caught myself laughing a few times. While the protagonist doesn't really have to overcome any hardships, this show is very light and fun.
Oct 27, 2022 1:06 PM

Aug 2018
I hope Maple won't feel pain as she wanted all along.. Will hope to see more wool Maple, angel Maple, and some other Maples.. ;P
Oct 31, 2022 9:34 AM

May 2015
This anime was more fun than I thought it would be. Solid 8 for entertaiment!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 6, 2022 4:38 PM
Jun 2020
fuck this anime fr
Nov 16, 2022 2:47 PM

Jun 2019
Loved this show very much. Bring on the Second Season. I'm excited to see what else are we gonna witness from Maple. Maple beat even the strongest out there and looks like it's just getting started. The party was a nice thing to do at the end. LOL.

Maple... Too OP and the Devs are just struggling to keep her in check. Already have been nerfed before. LMAO
Dec 16, 2022 11:34 PM

Nov 2022
I have to point out that payne was a really strong player and if maple didn't have so many trump cards she'd probably have been rolled easily. She needed atrocity, hydra, mech form, death protection, devour, the turtle and still barely won despite Payne not seeing the majority of her trump skills before.

Was pretty entertaining overall, I think concept behind it is still by far the strongest point... she's broken because she had no preconceived notion of how to play these kind of games and is able to think in ways regular players and even the devs, won't.

8/10
Dec 22, 2022 3:51 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This show is so wholesome man I love it!! Great last ep and keen for season 2 :)
Dec 26, 2022 12:33 AM
Aug 2022
The devs tried to nerf her to hell and back 💀
Dec 26, 2022 7:02 AM
Aug 2021
kinda rooted for the more skilled, more strategic players to win, but still the ending is decent.
very entertaining series.
Dec 31, 2022 2:54 PM
Jul 2021
tank is broken, that's a fact, but who doesn't like tanks?
Jan 2, 2023 4:53 PM
Feb 2016
Adoro este anime, es uno de mis favoritos

Jan 3, 2023 9:54 PM

Aug 2020
animelover44322 said:
IMO, this anime would've been fine if it was an Isekai, but with it being a videogame, I can't hep but think of how terribly balanced the game is and how Maple's overpoweredness is effectively ruining the other players' experiences by steamrolling them.

While turning into multiple monsters and one-hit killing everything while pretty much being invincible is cool, it seems contradictory as heck to the whole super-tank-with-no-other-stats thing that Maple was building up earlier on.

The worst part is that Maple got these skills via dumb luck rather than effort put into the game. So you have a new player effortlessly destroying others who've been playing longer and working harder than her. And among the thousands of other players, no one even knows how she became so overpowered.
Even in an isekai, there would be people who resent Maple for being so OP. EVERYONE in this story is just happy go lucky. Even SAO has more human reactions from their characters.
Keep scrolling
Jan 16, 2023 2:25 AM
Feb 2021
In the end, it's all about having fun in a VRMMORPG and Maple knows how to give her all in winning the final event. Now I'm about to start the new season soon. I'm not an avid fan of SoL series, but I do love this genre where it emphasized the positive side of something that was created for pure enjoyment.
Jan 16, 2023 10:50 AM
Jan 2023
Great mmo anime, really takes it self lightly
Jan 28, 2023 3:38 PM

Sep 2017
Ya so Maple used another bullshit transform effect that completely negates any possible drawback her build type is supposed to have. Instead of clever and creative combat/teamwork that could have come from a max defense character we just get bs like this that makes everything else irrelevant. "Once a day" sure but considering she seems to be able to stay in that form an indefinite amount of time that is also irrelevant. Totally fine tho let's not nerf that or anything.
Jan 30, 2023 12:09 PM

May 2015
It was a good show overall but I less liked the Orbs Arc, the "serious business fight" side is too generic and I find better when this anime is full chilly and wholesome.
Feb 6, 2023 2:05 AM
Apr 2020
It was a refreshing ending honestly - didn't feel rushed nor did it feel overwhelming. I liked it
Mar 28, 2023 2:00 PM
Oct 2022
So nice to see a silly plot worked out so well. Thoroughly enjoyed and will likely rewatch.
Apr 11, 2023 10:52 AM

Jul 2009
Rewatching this episode again, two questions struck me :

1. If they created 6 imitations of Machine God instead, would that be better or worse to fight against ? I mean... One's a ground-walking six-limbed laser & fire breathing monster, the other's a flying macross-type mecha with the amount of firepower it had.
2. Does she actually simultaneously control all 6 precisely, just give vague orders like 'Move there, eat that' or are they some AI-controlled
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

May 8, 2023 2:43 AM

Jul 2015
Fun show featuring our airheaded Maple with her unorthodox playstyle causing her to be the main terror for the other players and monsters as well as being a headache to the devs lol.

Jun 21, 2023 10:11 AM

Aug 2019
Definitely not how I thought this event would end, but it was pretty fun to watch

Overall I think I liked this show. I loved just how wholesome it all was! I'm glad I stuck around, especially after that whole sort of middle part of the show (I was really losing interest around there), but it picked back up for me towards the end! I think this is probably like a 7 or an 8 out of 10 for me 😁
Jun 27, 2023 1:05 AM
Mar 2023
Episode 12 of "Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu" brings the first season to a satisfying conclusion, delivering a thrilling and emotionally impactful episode that leaves viewers with a sense of fulfillment. With its intense battles, character resolutions, and a fitting climax, this episode showcases the series' ability to deliver a captivating gaming adventure.

The episode picks up where the previous episode left off, as Maple and her guildmates face their most formidable opponent yet. The animation remains impressive, showcasing the intense action sequences with dynamic movements and vibrant visuals. The battles are filled with adrenaline-pumping moments that highlight the characters' growth and strategic prowess.

One of the standout aspects of this episode is the culmination of character arcs and resolutions. As the guild members confront their fears and push their limits, they showcase their growth and development throughout the season. Moments of bravery, selflessness, and determination resonate deeply, adding emotional depth to the narrative and reinforcing the bonds between the characters.

The strategic decision-making and tactical gameplay exhibited by the characters during the final showdown are thrilling to watch. The battles are filled with suspense and unexpected twists, keeping viewers engaged and invested in the outcome. The inventive use of skills and teamwork within the guild highlight the importance of collaboration and the strength of their unity.

The pacing remains well-handled, effectively balancing the intense action with moments of reflection and camaraderie. The humor continues to be a delightful addition, providing lighthearted moments that alleviate tension and showcase the guild's dynamic dynamics.

Furthermore, the episode offers a satisfying climax that brings the first season to a close while also leaving room for future adventures. The resolution of the main conflict is impactful, offering closure while leaving lingering mysteries and unanswered questions that leave viewers eager for what's to come.

The soundtrack and sound design continue to enhance the viewing experience, effectively capturing the emotions and intensity of the battles. The voice acting further brings the characters to life, conveying their emotions and adding depth to their performances.

Episode 12 of "Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu" concludes the season on a high note, delivering a thrilling and emotionally resonant experience. With its impressive animation, compelling character resolutions, and a fitting climax, this episode satisfies the expectations built throughout the series. Fans can look forward to future seasons, as the story of Maple and her guildmates continues to unfold in the exciting virtual world they inhabit.
Jul 9, 2023 9:15 AM
Jan 2018
As soon as she turned into the demon it was gameover lol
Jul 18, 2023 4:39 PM
Jan 2023
This has been an awesome show, but this episode in particular felt rather rushed, especially with all of the stills. Was a fun watch nevertheless.
Definitely didn't expect Maple Tree to be hosting some sort of party and inviting the enemy guilds, but you got to expect the unexpected from that guild.

Will be watching season 2 for sure.

8/10, would have been 9/10 if it wasn't for this episode being rushed like it was.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

95 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 1, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

168 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 18, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

123 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

282 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 16, 5:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.