Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 12 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2020 12:08 PM

Dec 2019
What a great start, it felt like an actual MMO and sort of like a real adventure one would take when starting one for the first time. As a long time (former) World of Warcraft player I really enjoyed that. However, as the series went on it drifted further and further from that into becoming a very generic fantasy action series. With every passing episode I could feel the show getting worse and worse. Mass guild recruitment and then expecting us to give a fuck about any of them. Battles that held no weight because we all knew Maple would just come in and destroy everyone in the end. The only part I actually enjoyed beyond the first few episodes was the part with the chain-quest. The last 'arc' with the orb competition was boring throughout. On the verge of giving this a 3 having just finished it, but if I remember back to my original impression of it, I think I have to bump it up to a 4.
Mar 25, 2020 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
Atrocity form with Maple's mannerisms was ridiculously hilarious.

Frederica's faces were great. I really like her, all the girls were great.

Stop bullying Mii, the poor girl was so scared with Maple's monster form xD.

Mechanical Fluffy Maple was something neither the devs nor we expected lol.

Man, this was such a fun show. No drama or anything, just pure fun and with great visuals to make it even better. Thank you Silver Link!

Maple was best girl but desgin-wise, Misery and Kasumi <3

And what better way to end the season than with Maple's big smile! I'm so happy this isn't the end for this series. Season 2 hype!
SkyLETVMar 25, 2020 12:42 PM
Mar 25, 2020 12:35 PM

Aug 2018
Maple's too OP for this game, she even has more trump cards inside her sleeves. Though she has a good sense of fairplay since she organized a party with Flame Emperors & Payne's guild, that was satisfying to watch.

Can't wait for another season or anything !
Mar 25, 2020 12:42 PM
Oct 2018
A isekai that does not take itself so seriously is the best type of isekai + the animation was surprisingly good, humor good and cuteness through the roof
Mar 25, 2020 12:50 PM

Oct 2018
Oh, Maple literally one shot the top members of the top guild what the..

[Mapel] skill is extremely OP isn't it?
Really great episode, and overall it's been a very fun ride, enjoyed this anime a lot, I'm glad season 2 has already been announced, excited to see more of this.

8/10 for Maple!
Mar 25, 2020 2:04 PM

Aug 2018
I knew Maple's Godzilla was going to play a huge role in her clutching out the fight, but I didn't think she was going to wipe nearly every party like that. Shadow Clone Godzillas for the win! That was really badass! I also liked how the strongest guilds became friendly rivals. It was pretty wholesome.

All in all, 7 out of 10. I think the first half of Bofuri went by a little too slow. There were a lot of introductions, and there was a good emphasis on grinding in the MMO that sometimes overstayed its welcome. Bofuri didn't start to show off its true potential until the second half. Where the characters all showed their chemistry with one another, everyone was having good fun as a game should be, and Maple got to unleash hell being the Saitama of the game.

Season 2 has so much potential, and I'm looking forward to it!
Mar 25, 2020 2:08 PM

Nov 2012
Very pleasant series. VRMMORPG slice-of-life with cute OP protagonist. I hope in the future there will be games like New World Online. I wanted to read the novel or the manga but anime got me first. Maple in ep12 went full monstrosity. Her friends circle becomes larger and larger. I look forward to fun adventures in season II.

Mod edit: removed multiple screenshots
BrandonMar 26, 2020 10:42 PM
Mar 25, 2020 2:22 PM

Jan 2008
Probably one of my favorites this season, whilst not exactly reasonable in terms of how easily OP she got, it was so much fun to watch her show off her abilities on top of being a rather cute show rather than another VR/game anime trying to be a dark.

During my trip to Japan I did see some book stores with the LN/manga getting their own section so I assume the sales have been good. Glad the series is doing well enough to get another season.
Mar 25, 2020 3:00 PM
Dec 2015
Well, that was a pretty interesting ending. I'm glad that Maple at least beat Payne, but I was a bit surprised she didn't use her full mecha form and instead used Atrocity. Although I suppose that was going to happen anyway since even if she was at 1 hp, it would give her 1,000 hp or something like that.

The anime was great and I enjoyed it much considering the protagonist is a girl for once, and even more since she beat a male character. Most of the time they make the male character overpower the females, so it was nice to see a reverse in that.

I'll be waiting to see more of Maple's insanity... :P

It was funny to see Maple say she was just playing the game normally, and everyone's response to it.

We need more anime with female characters that are portrayed as stronger then males.

Mar 25, 2020 3:04 PM

Jun 2013
she's too op it's fucking ridiculous also who are those rabbit looking things? nice way to announce a second season.
Mar 25, 2020 3:17 PM

Sep 2011
This show does what it does best—not being serious. The fun aspect of seeing new skills and lighthearted comedy made this show a nice weekly watch.
Mar 25, 2020 4:02 PM

Oct 2007
Full version of Kyukyoku Unbalance with english subtitles. It's nice to know what the song is saying. ^^

Mar 25, 2020 4:08 PM

Mar 2010
Loved the entire series, Maples ability to just play and have fun shows that we can do this and still achieve remarkable results. Many will say nay, but I say hey let the rng gods do their bidding. Some of us grind to oblivion and yet we achieve nothing. This is probably most of us, so I love seeing Maple achieve everything we ever wanted. And not to mention this could be seen as a prequel to her becoming a Overlord. Overlord over newworld Online. now isn't that what we love to see?
And Please realize she is doing this F2p and crushing all them P2W whales.
I was soo happy when the devs or little spirit animals ingame decided not to nerf her abilities. What a glorious decision. Can't wait for season two eeeeek

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 25, 2020 4:22 PM

May 2018
Oh man, its finally over. I'm gonna miss my weekly dose of Maple destroying everyone in her way lol

Maple going godzilla on every other guild was hilarious!

Can't wait for season 2!!!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Mar 25, 2020 4:42 PM
May 2019
This smile must be protected.
Anotha good episode. Quitely they rushed little bit at the end...
8/10 since it's enjoyable show rather than some anime.
Generic and good characters.

Mar 25, 2020 4:52 PM

Jun 2015
Im sure this show would not of been as awesome as it was without the giant turtle. That made it for me. 10/10 without a doubt!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 25, 2020 4:54 PM
Nov 2019
The seven Maple's of the apocalypse...

Felt a bit rushed in places, maybe could have done with 13 Ep. or slightly quicker pacing earlier on.

One of this season's better shows and a solid 7.5 - 8 out of 10. Will be interesting to see how they adapt the LN for season 2.
Mar 25, 2020 5:00 PM

Apr 2015
So glad to see Maple did use [Atrocity] in the end! Payne's guild got massacred by it and it was nice to see! Payne himself doesn't seem too upset by it! He is a good dude and knows he can't win against them in this event!

So they will now take down all the guild while Maple is still in her Demon form! So the massacre continued!!

Even the Flame Emperors can't escape Maple! She literally has become Godzilla, but 10x worse! True horror show that she has become!! When you thought things couldn't get worse for the other guilds, they combine their skills to create 7 [Atrocity] Maple's...

So they celebrated their 3rd place with the other 2 big guilds! Didn't expect that!

Your enemies can become your next friend(s)!!

What a blast this was! AOTS for me! 9/10, Bring on season 2!!
Mar 25, 2020 5:05 PM
Jan 2017
Bofuri definitely saved the worst for last. Maple beats the best players in the game and everyone loves her for it. She has no character flaws and no weaknesses and even the developers of the game plan to use her as an advertising mascot. If this doesn't reek of Mary Sue, then I don't know what does. I'm not gonna watch season 2. Watching season 1 was a mistake that I regret deeply, season 2 would be complete torture. The only reason I even gave Bofuri a chance was because of the production values and the voice cast, but those things should enhance the anime experience, not make it. I'm done, I'm out, I never want to watch this show again.
Mar 25, 2020 5:10 PM

Oct 2007
CeddyyBearr said:

So they celebrated their 3rd place with the other 2 big guilds! Didn't expect that!

better to make friends than create enemies. Although I think there's a high chance Payne challenge Maple again sometime in season 2, he has to "pay her back" after all. :)
Mar 25, 2020 5:11 PM

Apr 2015
Liddo-kun said:
CeddyyBearr said:

better to make friends than create enemies. Although I think there's a high chance Payne challenge Maple again sometime in season 2, he has to "pay her back" after all. :)

Most definitely and I already can't wait to see that happen!!
Mar 25, 2020 5:15 PM

Oct 2007
I hope they make an announcement on the possible date of season 2 airing.

A little more thought into the episode..

Fredericka should have just run away instead of trying to fight godzilla. :p
Mar 25, 2020 5:25 PM

Apr 2016
It’s an ok series, it’s nothing special but it was a bit funny. The sequel has been announced, I’ll watch it probably.
Mar 25, 2020 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
Bofuri is at it's best when you just turn off your brain and enjoy it's silly fun atmosphere but if you're one of those poor unfortunate souls like me that tries to apply any form of logic you end up getting super frustrated.

still i enjoyed this finale because once they kinda just embraced the Maple is the real final boss and how shit the devs are since they just wanna profit instead of balancing their broken ass game i was like "sure" you do you Maple i'm tried
just like seeing the top 3 all being good buds ,Payne's a good boi

6.5/10 Bofuri for me is one of those rare cases where i'm kinda like what am i missing that people like this so much
Mar 25, 2020 5:54 PM

Apr 2012
Masterrazor said:
...We need more anime with female characters that are portrayed as stronger then males.
If you want female protagonists that are strong and dominant then may I suggest that you focus on the SHOUJO category and subcategories Fantasy, action, mystery, mecha, military, isekai, sports etc. You'll get your fill of female empowerment as long as you stay clear of the Shounen category (male).
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 25, 2020 6:17 PM
Jan 2020
Maple was enough of a cheat by herself, but then they combine skills to make solid illusions of her? I pity her enemies.
Mar 25, 2020 6:17 PM
Jan 2020
Maple was enough of a cheat by herself, but then they combine skills to make solid illusions of her? I pity her enemies.
Mar 25, 2020 6:28 PM

Mar 2017
It was cute to see Maple, Mii & Payne together at the ending credits. The top 3 players haha.

Hooray for s2!!!

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Mar 25, 2020 6:31 PM
Jun 2019
Music does a lot of heavy lifting in this episode making what are kinda horrifying scenes triumphant 😂
Mar 25, 2020 6:42 PM

Jun 2016
Coxphire said:
Very pleasant series. VRMMORPG slice-of-life with cute OP protagonist. I hope in the future there will be games like New World Online. I wanted to read the novel or the manga but anime got me first. Maple in ep12 went full monstrosity. Her friends circle becomes larger and larger. I look forward to fun adventures in season II.

She became an apocalyptic monster lol! XD
Mar 25, 2020 6:42 PM

Oct 2015
Ya know, i actually really enjoyed that.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Mar 25, 2020 6:47 PM

Jun 2016
I really loved this anime and Maple, one of the cutest and OP characters ever created.
Her seiyuu surely contributed to the success but it's overall a great series with good animation, good character design, beautiful atmosphere and setting, good OST and funny plot.
I'm really happy they have yet planned a season 2.
Mar 25, 2020 7:05 PM

Feb 2015
Really liked this episode was one of my favorites all season. I was waiting for the **abominance** to show up and it was pretty epic. I liked how seamlessly she end up the main enemy and also I liked how the battle was designed.

I also think that under that cute innocent look, she has a very art of war-ish planning that the series doesnt show about Maple.

Anyway I liked the lolis, the evolution and most of all the action and powerups. Pretty awseome episode.

Franz_Kuznetsov said:
Coxphire said:

Those action pictures were so epic.

Liked how she was acting all loli with the abomination transformation and eveyone was like, WTF???

Hope second season also comes with all this traits, already saw the annoucement just hope that this second season isnt schedule too far in the future were I dont remember much of this season.

She became an apocalyptic monster lol! XD
JZAMar 25, 2020 7:08 PM
"Miharu denki desu"
Mar 25, 2020 7:07 PM

Aug 2015
perfectly balanced game
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Mar 25, 2020 7:22 PM
Mar 2014
Season 1 ending was superb!
loved every bit of it ^_^
Mar 25, 2020 7:32 PM
Oct 2018
Syrup was summoned with a pokéball sound effect lol
Mar 25, 2020 8:22 PM

May 2012
What a fantastic ending for this season! Really loved the impact it left behind and I really look forwards for a sequel to this!

While there are many vrmmorpg type anime but this certainly is my favourite as of now! Really loved it to the point I really couldn't wait for watching what happened next each episode, the eating monster habit is one of the best things ever and just genuinely interesting and so uncommon that it's awesome!

Really enjoyed it and looking forward for a the most likely sequel!
Mar 25, 2020 8:29 PM

Jan 2013
What a great ending! For a second i thought that Payne was the broken one...sorry, it was Maple again xD

It was so fun, glad that they announced already the 2S! Can't wait to see even more of the broken Maple ahahaha
She destroyed everyone...i mean, ate xD

Can't wait for more!
8/10

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 25, 2020 8:44 PM

Aug 2018
one of best anime of 2020 hands down,
I enjoyed every episode and I love all the characters,
8/10
great anime
Mar 25, 2020 8:50 PM
Dec 2015
Janethan23 said:
Masterrazor said:
...We need more anime with female characters that are portrayed as stronger then males.
If you want female protagonists that are strong and dominant then may I suggest that you focus on the SHOUJO category and subcategories Fantasy, action, mystery, mecha, military, isekai, sports etc. You'll get your fill of female empowerment as long as you stay clear of the Shounen category (male).

That wasn't what I was referring to. What I meant is the fact the majority of anime that comes out at least around 90% of the time has a male protagonist. Sure there is anime out there that has female protagonists, but the majority of the shows are male MC's.
Mar 25, 2020 9:15 PM

Nov 2019
9/10 overall I love this show
Mar 25, 2020 11:30 PM

Mar 2010
This anime was super fun to watch
Mar 25, 2020 11:31 PM

Aug 2018
This was pretty enjoyable show

Since ep 1 until the end i enjoyed this a lot.
This and Railgun T the only airing show that i watch the previous ep first before seeing the new one.

Simple plot with kawaii and great characters like maple, mii, sally, kasumi and payne etc.

One of those anime that you dont need to be serious about its story and plot but instead just enjoy and have fun with it.

Imma give this a solid 9/10.

B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 25, 2020 11:54 PM

Jul 2014
At this point I was getting very fed up with the song at 8:40 lol. Fortunately this was only 12 episodes. Another 12 episodes with that song and I'd get very annoyed and score this with 5 or something.

8/10 for me :P

A second season is welcome, given that they change that song lol
LeviathanTheEspMar 26, 2020 11:40 AM
Mar 26, 2020 12:18 AM
Jun 2019
Overpowered,wholesome,cheerful,cute,hilarious and heartwarming!
Enjoyed watching this show and looking forward for second season,which was already announced.
Love you,Maple-san!
10/10
Mar 26, 2020 12:42 AM

Mar 2019
ShinyOppai said:
and thus it ends, the most broken character in the most broken game ever!

I was about to sleep just now, and I just saw season 2 added to the database!!

It’s just like EA with FIFA! Smh
Mar 26, 2020 2:02 AM

Apr 2018
Well I liked this till the end, but as the next season was announced I figured that this might be boring to start as maple being op. Hoping to see something different and unique
Mar 26, 2020 2:25 AM

Mar 2014
Liddo-kun said:
Janethan23 said:
I want Maple to be in Isekai Quartet.

that would be fun. On another thing, I heard there is a collaboration with shield hero, although I'm not sure where and if it is true.

Oh that's sounds good, I would live to see Mapple and Shield Hero meet each other

But as for the Isekai quartet, Bofuri is not an Isekai anime so I don't think she will ever appear in there
Mar 26, 2020 2:32 AM

Mar 2014
Welp I'm so underwhelm here, I expect a decent fight here when Payne manage to shed Maple HP to near 0 but then suddenly she turned the tables{by turning into a monster) and beat the whole gang and then proceed to wiping out the other guilds with the exception of Holy Sword and Flame Emperor in very comedic fashion which I don't find anything funny about it

At the end Maple and Holy Sword and Flame Emperor becomes friendly and they get together for celebration. The end

Oh wait there is a 2nd season.......... (-_-)

3/10
Mar 26, 2020 2:37 AM

Mar 2014
Shirai-chan said:
Well I liked this till the end, but as the next season was announced I figured that this might be boring to start as maple being op. Hoping to see something different and unique

Maybe they can tone down the joke a bit cause at every situation where Maple becomes powerful or whatever it's for comedy purpose (which I think is pointless cos I don't get the joke)

Next season if they really focus on making a situation or opponents that provides a real challenge to Maple (and her gang) and doesn't make her suddenly powerful, it would be more enjoyable
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

95 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 1, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

168 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 18, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

123 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

282 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 16, 5:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.