Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 12 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2020 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I guess they saved the best for last, meaning one of the toughest players for Maple to ever face.

Maple had to use all the skills she's learned to overcome this type of challenge/opponent. Episode felt kinda rushed but whatever. It did feel like a series' finale considering what Maple House is facing there. A solid 8/10 imo for this show.

Season 2 announced lol
Stark700Mar 25, 2020 6:29 AM
Mar 25, 2020 7:05 AM

Nov 2018
If Sally called "A nightmare on day six" (kill all the player in whole night), then Maple called "The predator nightmare on day six"...😏😏😏
And I never expected that Mii have on mercy to Maple that she will eat alive just what happened to Payne and their gang...😂😂😂
Anyways I want to wait the season 2 announcement and the score will be π/10
Mar 25, 2020 7:08 AM

Apr 2010
Why is this already over i want more!!

Anyway it was another nice episode tho Maple transforming into demon mode was expected, them rampaging around wasn't tho.
Even helping out the other guilds a bit.
The guild party towards the end was also nice inviting other guilds and all.
Mar 25, 2020 7:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fine anime, it was entertaining and the characters were cool, especially Mapple. 6/10
Mar 25, 2020 7:51 AM

Jul 2017
For once, we'd thought that Maple is out of commission, but man, the strong members of the Order of the Holy Sword guild made short work of Maple Tree, pushing them to their absolute limits. But Maple, having to bear out her ultimate hidden trump-card skills against Payne and Co., it was an exhilrating battle to the end with her demon mode.

Needless to say, the 1-day monster that Maple transformed into, went into absolute rampage. The Guardian Angel that Maple was once heralded as, turned into a complete devil of an animal.

And while the Flame Emperors guild lost to Maple Tree back then, the situation changing with them being the main target doesn't excuse them from total annihilation. Instead, Maple being Godzilla (and 7 imitations) was just savage and saving Mii's and Payne's guild was uncanny. That's why she's the OP character that never gets OP enough.

HAH even the admins gave up on having Maple be the poster player to advertise for their game, and let her be the cute, moe final boss.

In the end, Maple being Maple deduces a truce of the Big 3 guilds in NWO, and all ends well as friends on a good and positive note.

And being OP is playing normally, how is that normal!?

This fun journey is over for now...awaiting Season 2 in the future!
KANLen09Mar 25, 2020 7:56 AM
Mar 25, 2020 7:59 AM
May 2014
It's been a very rushed episode, entertaining show, story average but you don't need a good story to make a good anime, this anime is definitely the proof, i really missed some extra OST for the anime but overall a very entertaining show and the next season looks to be as entertaining as this one so based on the novel, so that's good.
Mar 25, 2020 8:00 AM
Jun 2017
Maple is just too strong and that final form when clone to 7 maple final form is unbeatable... Hahaha..

Love the finale and it will indeed have a second season. Yeah.
Mar 25, 2020 8:07 AM

Jun 2012
Did I miss something, where did she learn that counter.... Well it's Maple doing maple things. And what a way to end the event with Godzilla x7.

Definitely my favorite anime this season. 8/10
Mar 25, 2020 8:19 AM

Oct 2018
it was good, fun to watch.... but I don't want a season 2..
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 25, 2020 8:19 AM

Dec 2007
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Did I miss something, where did she learn that counter.... Well it's Maple doing maple things. And what a way to end the event with Godzilla x7.

Definitely my favorite anime this season. 8/10

She learnt it during the collection event. She mentions it right before saying the 3% guild attack buff will affect her too.
WhaleCostumeMar 25, 2020 8:28 AM
Mar 25, 2020 8:25 AM

Oct 2007
so that's how the battle ends.. Payne bitten to death, Dread crushed, Drag bitten to death.. and Fredericka flattened to the ground. Whoa, and that Atrocity can even regrow it's arms. Really powerful skill. Payne is strong too, but I guess he got overconfident. It's really intense when they were both fighting with 1 hp each!

Nice to see that Maple became friends with her enemies. She has the respect of other top players now.

After a hard fight. She can still study for english!

Maple smiling face at the ending credits. So kawaii.

Looking forward to season 2!! :)

Liddo-kunMar 25, 2020 10:30 AM
Mar 25, 2020 8:30 AM

Jan 2014
I'm surprised that Maple tree didn't out right win honestly. Considering how Maple's monster form just destroyed everyone, and with the event's rules((If I remember correctly the three deaths and you're done.)) She and her squad could've taken down Payne's guild in no time.

But guessing that wasn't the plan of course. She'd rather make allies than foes. Which is understandable considering Maple's character.

Also felt that most of this ep didn't feel like a finale until it got to the very late stages.

Great fun show. Cannot wait for season two!
Mar 25, 2020 8:32 AM

Feb 2008
I knew she was going to trigger that 1 HP skill and [Atrocity].

But damn, I did not expect Sally to clone the [Atrocity]. Seeing seven of those monsters was insane. No mercy...
Mar 25, 2020 8:36 AM

Aug 2013
Payne was pretty powerful. No wonder he is the top player in the game.

Maple was savage when she used Atrocity. And seeing seven of them... damn.

7/10. Such a good show which was entertaining to watch and I'm looking forward to season 2.

Mar 25, 2020 8:41 AM

May 2013
It ended nooooooooo so they teamed up in the end but I think Maple could've killed them both with the 7 Demon Maples and take first place but she isn't cruel and they get the same reward anyway. poor other guilds though they are all one hits
Mar 25, 2020 8:45 AM

Feb 2014
Maple's Seven path of Apocalypse. Damn she obliterated almost everyone with just herself.
With season 2 announced, we're gonna see more of her terrors. Demon Lord Maple on the loose. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 25, 2020 8:50 AM

May 2017
Definitely my fav anime of the season :) Can't wait for season 2!
Mar 25, 2020 9:00 AM
Feb 2018
Now we saw the dark side of gamedeveloping. Devs don't care about bugs and crappy balance if this brings in more people to play the game and to make them to play longer.
Mar 25, 2020 9:01 AM

Jul 2015
This anime saved winter for me. Maple was an amazing airhead MC.

It was Girls&Panzer level of fun. I will sure watch Season 2.

Mar 25, 2020 9:10 AM

Oct 2017
Great finale with Maple obliterating almost everything. For a second I was actually worried what Maple will do now cause I forgot that she had that skill which turned her into a monster.

Really great anime, loved every episode and had a great time watching this. S2 is announced, looking forward to it.
Mar 25, 2020 9:12 AM
Feb 2019
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤...

I love Maple!❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤...
Maple kawaii...🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰...
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤...

I loved the anime, had a lot of fun!😁🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂😯🤣😂😂😂😯🤣😂🤣👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏...Subarashī...Subarashī...Subarashī!!!😊👍
Mar 25, 2020 9:14 AM
Apr 2019
Definitely the best cgdct of the season..
Mar 25, 2020 9:16 AM

Dec 2014
well that was nice...glad that second season was announced...hmm
Mar 25, 2020 9:17 AM
Sep 2015
Who's rank 1st and 2nd? Payne and Flame Emperor? And top three guilds just party together, other guilds basically have no chance of competition.

Now my weekly dose of escaping harsh reality is gone.
Mar 25, 2020 9:20 AM

Jan 2015
WtF ending, 7 monster rampage haha xD

9/10

Mar 25, 2020 9:23 AM

Mar 2017
I can't stop laughing at the first couple minutes, probably because I watched Heaven's Feels not too long ago, that was straight Shirou vs Lancer (yeah, Drag is voiced by Nobutoshi Canna).

Man, they made the way Maple becoming a monster lame. Poorly executed or rather they underplayed it, I remember it was so great in the novel and those enemies are in full horror to witness what was in front of them, this is probably the only scene I hate the most of all episode, ffs, I was waiting how this scene will be adapted only to be disappointed.

And with this episode aired, the series ended. Although, season 2 is already announced, looking forward to it, my go-to-watch anime when I'm eating.

8/10.
Mar 25, 2020 9:30 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Quite the extravagant note to sign off with, as expected of Maple xD.

Episode felt pretty rushed to be honest but we'd some great moments like the usual so that's a thumbs-up overall from me. Gee, 7 of those "Atrocity" monsters, got to feel for those poor contestants lol. Payne put up a cool fight but was undone eventually. That's Maple for you, the very antonym of "normalcy". Even the admins have given up now, lmao.

I was surprised that Maple Tree eventually clinched the third position mark and not first place, looks like they weren't even anticipating that though. Again, that's Maple for you.

It was nice to see how Maple invited the two top guilds over to her place to celebrate. Some bonding that was, lol. And the three leaders go on to team up to face a common enemy? Now, that's interesting. Hopefully, we'll get to that next season.

Going to settle with a solid 7/10. Was thinking of bumping it to an 8 but a 7 is more true to my experience, I reckon.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 25, 2020 9:34 AM

Mar 2017
phantomfandom said:
Who's rank 1st and 2nd? Payne and Flame Emperor? And top three guilds just party together, other guilds basically have no chance of competition.

Now my weekly dose of escaping harsh reality is gone.

Iirc, due to the attack from Maple Tree, Flame Emperor was put to a defenseless state which is why they were surrounded by lots of enemies, also because of that they barely made it to the top 10, they're ranked 10th. Other than these 3 guilds (Holy Swords 1st, Maple Tree 3rd, Flame Emperor 10th), the rest of the guilds are unknown or rather yet to be revealed.
Mar 25, 2020 9:44 AM

Nov 2016
I expected Maple to go ham in this episode, I wanted it to be more spectacular, tho, but it's ok, this show was more about stupid fun to begin with.

At times admittedly bland, but I couldn't help but "fall in love" with how cute and silly Maple is. Definitely don't mind a second season(only if the story can manage to rise the stakes)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 2020 9:44 AM

May 2017
This final episode was epic,probably the best one so far.

Here is fun fact: Payne's Japanese VA is Kensho Ono,who also voiced Testuya Kuruko and Giorno from JoJo,and funny thing is,Payne once said ''Muda'' when fighting Maple,so it's kinda JoJo reference,considering Giorno and Payne have same voice actor.

Also,did you know that Frederica's VA is Ayana Taketatsu,the voice of Koneko Toujou (High School DxD),Azusa Nakano (K-On!),Leafa (Sword Art Online) and tsundere lolis such as Kirino from OreImo and Kotori Itsuka from Date A Live?

This anime is absolutely very fun to watch and extremely entertaining. 9/10.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Mar 25, 2020 9:46 AM

Oct 2007
Full version of Play the World with english subtitles. It's nice to know what the song is saying. ^^

Mar 25, 2020 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
This show was so much fun to watch! Really, I got very excited to watch what new crazy thing Maple would do every week.

I mean, it doesn't have deep meaning, philosophycal sophistry or anithing like that. For sure, there's story progression and that's all it needs. It's fun to watch! I'm also thinking of taking a look at the original material because this is so fun and got me trully hooked.

Rated the entire series a solid 7. It does what it's supposed to do very well! I'm gonna wait patiently for the second season that was teased in the post-credits scene.

Gotta update this soon™
Mar 25, 2020 9:54 AM

Nov 2013
omg season 2 YES!

9/10 one of my favorites from this season easily :D

what to do now, wait for next season or read manga/novel? i'm confused lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 25, 2020 10:01 AM

Apr 2018
One of the best "game isekai" anime i've watched.

And we are getting a second season.

Love it.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Mar 25, 2020 10:11 AM

Mar 2019
and thus it ends, the most broken character in the most broken game ever!
Mar 25, 2020 10:20 AM

Feb 2019
Jesus I wakeup a little late and the threads already huge.

What a ride it’s been, I never would’ve expected this to have blown up as much as it has, I’m really happy for Yumikan-sensei. It’s been a joy and really fun to see Maple and the gang’s adventures every week and can’t wait for more
Mar 25, 2020 10:47 AM

Dec 2008
Fucking rip Payne
Well, at least he got vore'd by a cute girl so it wasn't the worst way to go but man...I'd rather he win tbh.

It was a good ride but no more seasons pls
Mar 25, 2020 10:56 AM

May 2013
Was enjoyable to watch the series. However, this last episode was pretty meh. Inviting over enemy guilds was just fckin cringe. Who the hell does that... 7/10 overall.
Mar 25, 2020 10:56 AM

Oct 2019
Maple winning 3rd place in the event because of her op godzilla skill. pls nerf XD
dunno me baka aho

Mar 25, 2020 10:59 AM
May 2019
God dang shadow clone godzilla. Fun show, it's like anti rising of a shield hero. Cant wait for season 2 although the episode felt super rushed, wouldve been much better as a 13ep series. But w/e.
Mar 25, 2020 10:59 AM

Oct 2007
Marinate1016 said:
Jesus I wakeup a little late and the threads already huge.

What a ride it’s been, I never would’ve expected this to have blown up as much as it has, I’m really happy for Yumikan-sensei. It’s been a joy and really fun to see Maple and the gang’s adventures every week and can’t wait for more

Also happy for the author, and thankful that they created Bofuri. Did not expect this to become so popular. The youtube comments section of Muse Asia has 4000+ comments right away. I hope Bofuri can continue the good quality in season 2. :)
Mar 25, 2020 11:13 AM

Apr 2012
I want Maple to be in Isekai Quartet.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 25, 2020 11:15 AM

Jun 2017
Loved dem beam spamming giant monsters! Looked quite ridiculous lmao.

8/10 from me, it was simply a stupid fun ride.

Also seems like S2 is confirmed..I wonder if it will be crazier than the first.
Mar 25, 2020 11:26 AM

Jul 2009
ON a side note that is not explained in the anime, Kuromu is the only male player who did not "die".
Well, he is pretty much death itself.

Let's enjoy season 2
bruh
Mar 25, 2020 11:28 AM

Sep 2014
we finally reached the point where stats and skills dont matter anymore. As if they did before.
Episode itself was rushed af. We had some decent fights before but this was .. well it happened.

This show would be 10 times better if the admin commets were not so cringe. Its not like any of the characters develope unique skills. You put them in the game. And then you act surprised when someone uses them. Gamedevs in a nutshell.

They really overdid it with the maple focus. Everything she does must be "weird" or "insane". And everyone needs to comment how weird it is. And she doesnt really do anything weird. She is playing a game. She pumped all stats into defense and rolled with it because apparently the skills in this game are so badly balanced you dont need any stats to make them work.

I understand, she is the MC so she needs to be the focus all the time with everything. Atleast dont try so hard.

0 focus on maples pro gamer friend in the end, expected someone to atleast comment on how her plans amde this thing work. But ofcourse not. Maple. Maple. Maple. Maple. Maple. Have a bunch of tryhards made this show?

It was "fun to watch" overall, but really its nothing special or memorable. The characters are weak, the story is nonexistent, the setting doesnt even matter anymore. Its "brain off, dumb fun" like every other "brain off, dumb fun" show before it. Im honestly surprised how huge this became. Guess that happens when nothing else decent airs.

I understand that people have fun with it, but for me it didnt find a decent balance between trying to be grounded and just doing whatever you want. Its more like a stereotypical fanfiction imo.
Or a shitty and boring version of Konosuba.

6/10

PS: This has a score of 7.6 right now which is a joke. This is why we need weighted scores by user statistics on mal.
Comander-07Mar 25, 2020 11:39 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 25, 2020 11:40 AM

Oct 2007
Janethan23 said:
I want Maple to be in Isekai Quartet.

that would be fun. On another thing, I heard there is a collaboration with shield hero, although I'm not sure where and if it is true.
Mar 25, 2020 11:44 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Payne sure had maple on the ropes due to his arsenal of skills. Plus the backup provided by his party sure did well in pinning Maple's team in place as well. Still despite his loss to force Maple to the brink of defeat and force her to use the ultimate move the demon sure was impressive of Payne's party. It sure was interesting in seeing Maple, Flame Emperors and Holy sword have the same ideas in eliminating the smaller guilds though. Maintaining the status Quo in the end was the best strategy. Funny in that despite seeing her as a threat at first that the devs have to concede that she's also been pretty useful to them as well. The after event party though sure was interesting. But it did well in reinforcing the fact that while during events there may be enemies in the end games like this are meant to be used to forge friendships and bonds. Overall a strong finale that managed to end the series and the event on a high note with an excellent combo of action, tactics and bonds.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2020 11:45 AM

Nov 2014
I expected Atrocity to be her answer, but I didn't expect it to be that strong. As funny as it is with all the weird skills she uses, I wish there was more focus on her broken defences - right now it's all about her having crazy firepower.

S2 HYPE!!
Mar 25, 2020 12:03 PM

Oct 2007
I also like how Payne is good on sportsmanship, he lost but no curse words. Only saying he will challenge Maple again. Maybe they fight again on season 2. :)
Mar 25, 2020 12:06 PM

Nov 2011
I loved this anime, honestly I found nothing wrong with it. I am usually a hater of Filler music but the music that synced up with each montage was just so good.

I love Maple and thought this anime was such an enjoyment to watch. 9/10

Can't wait for season 2

Payne, Mii and all the characters were really cool. Mii going into like upset mode was freaking adorable.

I wasn't a big fan of the Kanade disrespect in the comments at the end of the episode. She's just as strong as the rest dammit!

She's also kind of a mystery character as she was just found and entered a friendship with Maple.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

95 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 1, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

168 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 18, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

123 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

282 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 16, 5:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.