Forum Settings
Forums

How would you describe the type of music you like?

New
Mar 24, 2020 2:12 PM

Mar 2019
In a very broad sense, what does it sound like?

I tend to like stuff that is very loud, uptempo, fast paced/energetic, and has a robotic tone. I actually seem to like songs more if the words are slurred together a bit and difficult to hear. I like music that focuses more on recreating a feeling or emotion than "sending a message about society."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 24, 2020 2:46 PM
Mar 24, 2020 3:05 PM

Jun 2011
NamikazeHime said:
Icelandic anti-capitalist neoindustrial BDSM electro cyber punk.

LOL. I wanna hear what that sounds like.
Mar 24, 2020 3:28 PM

Jun 2011
NamikazeHime said:
EpicSaxGirl said:

You can thank me later.

I actually laughed out loud when I see the first video. It's just like your fucking hilarious description. You've great sense of humor brother lol.
Mar 24, 2020 3:47 PM

Jul 2019
EpicSaxGirl said:
NamikazeHime said:

You can thank me later.

I actually laughed out loud when I see the first video. It's just like your fucking hilarious description. You've great sense of humor brother lol.

*sister
I'm actually enjoying while I listen these songs. They have a pretty good lyrics (when translated from Icelandic) and the music itself is great. But I understand why there are not so many people who like this type of music. It can be pretty hardcore sometimes (and by that I mean always).
Mar 24, 2020 3:59 PM

Jun 2011
NamikazeHime said:
EpicSaxGirl said:

*sister
I'm actually enjoying while I listen these songs. They have a pretty good lyrics (when translated from Icelandic) and the music itself is great. But I understand why there are not so many people who like this type of music. It can be pretty hardcore sometimes (and by that I mean always).

I.understand what you mean. I sometimes enjoy this kinda stuff as well. But my reasons are different I guess. I find over the top and wacky stuff amusing lol. For instance, I used to listen this one a lot with friends.

Mar 25, 2020 6:48 PM

Nov 2019
ye like jazz?

cuz

I like it
Mar 25, 2020 10:28 PM

Nov 2012

I'm a little too all over the place to boil it down easily, but lately I've been about 'depressing experimental blues/free guitar' (not sure how else to describe it) & some 'ambient, occasionally noisy electronica' (?)

I guess the commonality between 'em is that they're both downers

also—man, it sounds so pretentious when I put it in words like that
  ...ech

last.fm / recent albums / twitter
Mar 25, 2020 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
i dont know, i listen to a lot of stuff but if i would say it in one word, bizarre.
Mar 26, 2020 4:51 AM

Jun 2016
I listen to whatever I think is goodgreat answer I know. I prefer upbeat stuff to depressing. I like folk instrumentation and I have an unexplained fascination with nationalist and patriotic music from all over the world including both folk/marches and modern stuff.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 26, 2020 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
Melancholic.
Can be fast or slow, energetic or the opposite.

NamikazeHime said:
EpicSaxGirl said:

You can thank me later.

I listened to the third song and I have to admit, the music is pretty good.
Mar 26, 2020 3:48 PM

Apr 2015
Idk, aggressive or energetic, if it has lyrics then it's often about death or sex. One of my favorite song I liked to sing in my childhood was just about a guy crashing his car and dying. The other one was about anal sex. Been listening speedcore these past days.

NamikazeHime said:
Icelandic anti-capitalist neoindustrial BDSM electro cyber punk

It was pretty clear what band this describes lol, while I only remember them performing in Eurovision
Mar 26, 2020 3:53 PM

Jul 2019
konkelo said:

NamikazeHime said:
Icelandic anti-capitalist neoindustrial BDSM electro cyber punk

It was pretty clear what band this describes lol, while I only remember them performing in Eurovision

If there wasn't for a Eurovision I wouldn't even heard of them. But here I am now, singing in Icelandic and with 500 Hatari members images on my phone.
Mar 26, 2020 4:36 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I enjoy listening to the anguished screams of scandanavian nationalists, set to the sounds of sprinklers, and carpal tunnel inducing tremolo picking.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 26, 2020 4:37 PM

Dec 2013
In general, I like fast songs or songs with lots of flourish. I also tend to gravitate towards heavier sounds, so light metal is my favorite. I'm not too much into screaming though.
Mar 26, 2020 5:46 PM

Jan 2014
half the time i listen to r&b and rap. the other half i listen to alternative rock (coldplay, mumford & sons, weezer, green day etc).

i can tolerate/enjoy most other genres except country and EDM. can't listen to those my ears bleed
Mar 26, 2020 11:31 PM

Mar 2008
I like my music like I like my chocolate: dark, smooth, firm, sweet, with some bitterness and a spicy kick.
Mar 27, 2020 5:45 AM
Apr 2014
Your description sounds exactly like what Touhou music sounds like. Conincidentally that's what I'm into rn. Other than that I don't give a shit about the "message" behind the music either, I just go by whatever sound good. Usually that's something with lots of bass or anything relaxing.

Mar 27, 2020 7:56 AM

Nov 2016
I don't know man, I vacillate between batshit crazy, balls to the walls, heavy metal all the way to soft and dreamy shoegaze. I'm mostly on the former side.

In a word, I look for intensity. I won't care to define it though.
Mar 27, 2020 9:05 AM

Feb 2015
I'd describe "proper" dubstep as deep, dark, laidback yet gives off that raw energy, and more emphasis on the bass and sub-bass. Kinda reminds me of a desolate, urban wasteland sometimes from its usual sounds.

Jazz I'd describe as individualistic, liberal, and sometimes chaotic. With improvisation being the music's staple, there's always something different to hear on each compositions/standards given its rich musical vocabulary. It really challenges your creativity which is one of its appeals for me.
Mar 27, 2020 1:13 PM

Mar 2019
boii said:
Your description sounds exactly like what Touhou music sounds like. Conincidentally that's what I'm into rn. Other than that I don't give a shit about the "message" behind the music either, I just go by whatever sound good. Usually that's something with lots of bass or anything relaxing.

Is Touhou music like this stuff...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcn0QcibJ1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayLZsMxbUbg

Cause I've been listening to a lot of this lately too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2020 3:15 PM
Apr 2014
Ryuk9428 said:
boii said:

Is Touhou music like this stuff...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcn0QcibJ1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayLZsMxbUbg

Cause I've been listening to a lot of this lately too.

I'm not sure about the second one but the first one would count as Touhou music. Sorry, I actually wanted to specifically mention the Touhou OSTs and Music Collections of the creator of Touhou (his name is ZUN), should've made that clear ("Touhou music" includes remixes). Of course, most of the time remixes are well made too, it's a matter of taste (as in all things music). Since I'm rather new to the whole Touhou thing, I can't give you well thought out recommendations, so I'll just give you what I have listened to most recently. From ZUN:

It's one whole album. First track starts of slow but picks up in pace early.

A remix album:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBF5D8FE198A0CAF6

The album has tracks of different genres, slow ones too, but the techno tracks are really good imo.

Mar 27, 2020 6:26 PM
Jul 2018
One of the types of music I listen to is "Slowed + Reverb". For me, listening to that type of music is claiming and cures depression away. 😊 πŸ’•

For example:
Mar 27, 2020 9:19 PM

Oct 2018
I like stuff that's very beat oriented. Grew Up listening to my Mom's old R&B and Soul CD's.

My tastes evolved into Rap, Blues, Lofi, Soul, and Bedroom Pop.
I try listening to everything though and try appreciate good stuff that I necessarily don't tickle my fancy

Here are some songs that kind of embody the songs I like.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Mar 27, 2020 9:22 PM

Aug 2009
Incoherent screaming and growling.

Mar 28, 2020 2:37 AM

Dec 2018
Trashy. That’s really it. I need better ways of filling out word requirements.
Mar 28, 2020 4:43 AM

Oct 2015
The type I like are usually the ones like The Carpenters, John Denver, etc. I do like pop songs, but I don't really tend to listen to them as much when I'm listening for a long period of time.

Shoegaze has been taking up my time recently though
Mar 28, 2020 10:02 PM

Nov 2012
FacelessVixen said:

you mean like this & this?

EGOIST said:
Shoegaze has been taking up my time recently though

shoegaze, and especially Japanese shoegaze had/has been a recent obsession of mine, too

last.fm / recent albums / twitter
Mar 28, 2020 10:47 PM

Aug 2009
onchyophoran said:
FacelessVixen said:

you mean like this & this?

You're not too far off, actually.

Mar 29, 2020 7:33 AM

Dec 2019
For me it would be the flow, the lyrics, the beat, the melody and the vibe of the song, that's all i need to get in love with a song.
                                                         πŸ–€   

Mar 29, 2020 6:55 PM
Dec 2017
Melodic,growly,loud and chaotic in other words heavy metal.

Mar 31, 2020 3:59 PM
Jul 2018
Masterpieces.
removed-userMar 31, 2020 4:03 PM
Mar 31, 2020 5:42 PM

Dec 2013
I used to be quite and 'old head' with my taste in music and would worship rock bands of the 70's and the legendary MC's of the 90's as being the best and never being beat. I realised how limiting this view was years ago and decided to broaden my tastes, and then I just kept getting broader and broader.

To this day I find myself able to enjoy almost any type of music. I studied alot of theory being a musician myself and love listening to alot of more complex arrangements, picking them apart and listening to the relationships between the notes and trying to understand what makes it sound good.

This sort of led to my musical taste being multifaceted as what I like to hear in music is the attempt to experiment with new tones and sounds, thats the best way I can explain it. I guess an example of this is how Kanye West uses the human voice as an unlimited expanse of sound, experimenting and editing vocal tracks to make them entirely unique

That's my final answer, it sounds like uniquity
Apr 1, 2020 3:32 PM

Jul 2015
More instruments less voices. Probably the simplest description of my taste.
"Few, but ripe." - C.F. Gauss
Apr 2, 2020 6:12 AM
Jul 2018
i like fun music, something that I can dance to or make me groove with the music. Or maybe something that have interesting beats and instruments
Apr 3, 2020 1:08 PM

Mar 2018
NamikazeHime said:
EpicSaxGirl said:

You can thank me later.

Sounds like someone loves to suck on sand paper and then grace himself with water just before the point of freezing.

All in all, katastrasno los ukus za muziku.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Apr 3, 2020 1:20 PM

Jul 2019
Luchse said:
NamikazeHime said:

You can thank me later.

Sounds like someone loves to suck on sand paper and then grace himself with water just before the point of freezing.

Do I have to apologize because the music that I like is going beyond your comfort zone? Looks like people don't care about good sound and awesome lyrics.

All in all, drzi se turbo folka.
NikiforovaApr 3, 2020 1:29 PM
Apr 3, 2020 1:32 PM

Mar 2018
NamikazeHime said:
Luchse said:

Do I have to apologize because the music that I like is going beyond your comfort zone? Looks like people don't care about good sound and awesome lyrics.

I most certainly have doubts for your definition of a 'good sound'.

All in all, pff taman posla!

Edit: OT Orchestral epics align with my tastes.
LuchseApr 3, 2020 1:42 PM

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Apr 3, 2020 2:13 PM

Jul 2019
Luchse said:
NamikazeHime said:

I most certainly have doubts for your definition of a 'good sound'.

All in all, pff taman posla!

Edit: OT Orchestral epics align with my tastes.

It can't be expected that everyone would like this type of music. If it doesn't suit your taste it doesn't mean it's bad.
Apr 11, 2020 2:17 PM

Apr 2019
there's no easy way to describe it but I guess...

70's/80's R&B/jazz, mixed with 2010's girl groups, with a dash of old classical music, a bit of rock covers of songs that I like, throw in some jazzy lo-fi, and boom. My music taste in the absolute simplest form that I could put into words.

my playlist is the most confusing thing
Apr 13, 2020 6:37 PM

May 2019
Brutal, disgusting, guttural and powerful.

Basically, Extreme Metal in a nutshell.

Apr 14, 2020 12:24 AM

Jun 2019
needs to be a banger. that's all there is to it!

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Apr 14, 2020 7:49 AM

Oct 2017
I prefer fast paced songs that sort of have a dark theme to it, no happy theme at all whatsoever lol.
Apr 14, 2020 9:57 AM

Apr 2015
"I'm not a boomer, I swear"
Apr 14, 2020 5:14 PM

May 2019
StarfireDragon said:
I enjoy listening to the anguished screams of scandanavian nationalists, set to the sounds of sprinklers, and carpal tunnel inducing tremolo picking.

Thats some Black Metal there?

Apr 14, 2020 11:43 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
RazorWireSodomy said:
StarfireDragon said:

Thats some Black Metal there?

You are correct, sir.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Apr 15, 2020 7:25 AM

Apr 2020
My taste in music mostly lies in the "sad girl vibes" style music made for teenage girls who aren't like other girls. Also listen to a lot of vocaloid stuff and songs from games with vocal tracks.
Apr 15, 2020 9:00 AM

Oct 2017
Classical music some of my favourite composers are (Debussy, Holst, Stravinsky and John Adams), metal I guess not super heavy into it but I like bands like Sabaton, Nightwish etc pretty basic in taste for most metal heads.

I enjoy Swing music, Folk (mainly Gaelic folk so artists like Julie Fowlis but there are some other groups like Wardruna or Heilung I like) and of course I just like listening to soundtracks (film/game/anime) and there is some J-Pop/J-Rock/Metal I like such as Myth and Roid. Though my experiance isn't really much outside of anime so I can't really claim to be a fan or anything.

Apr 16, 2020 6:22 AM

Feb 2020
I prefer stuff with energy, powerful or engaging lyrics, fast pace, or something you can belt out in the car, with the windows down in the city on a Friday night, y'know?

My go-to is Rock and metal, but I'll try anything at least once.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - 4 hours ago

1 by JKKH »»
8 minutes ago

» Where do you stream music?

Cammell - Feb 17

30 by DollzchanAi »»
6 hours ago

» New Golden Axe animated series announced by Comedy Central

tchitchouan - 10 hours ago

4 by Adnash »»
6 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3378 by GoddessLove »»
11 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7598 by GoddessLove »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.