Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 24, 2020 2:06 PM
Jan 2018
I know this gets asked a lot about some animes but here I think it’s appropriate. So why the low rating? I mean I enjoyed it but that’s just opinion and some of people also share the same view. From reading some replies from the episode discussions some people enjoyed it too, so why the low rating? Let me know what you think about this anime and why it has a low rating.
TygerPowers9767Mar 24, 2020 2:37 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 25, 2020 2:30 AM

Jul 2017
I'd like to know too, tbh. A lot of claims even turned out to be plain false, like the incestuous relationship.

I thought this was somewhat of a unique spin with plenty of wholesomeness that was honest in its intentions. I never expected it to be rated well by MAL standards, but even Kenja no Mago and Arifureta are rated pretty high, both being some real hot trash that we see all the time lol, but I guess that just means those sorts of shit still have an audience for them.

I would definitely put this series in the misunderstood pile.

Mar 25, 2020 2:36 AM

Jul 2019
I didn't enjoy the show that much, the plot and characters were kinda bad and bland. The only characters I liked were Mamako and Melty or whatever her name was. Well if there's a season 2 I'll watch it but I didn't enjoy the first season that much but that is just MY opinion
Mar 26, 2020 8:36 PM

Feb 2019
guych said:
I didn't enjoy the show that much, the plot and characters were kinda bad and bland. The only characters I liked were Mamako and Melty or whatever her name was. Well if there's a season 2 I'll watch it but I didn't enjoy the first season that much but that is just MY opinion

that is totally fair, but I think the 5 scores are being quite ridiculous. The show accomplishes exactly what it sets out to do. People went into this expecting Eva or something?(not you specifically)
Mar 26, 2020 8:51 PM

Jul 2019
Marinate1016 said:
guych said:

that is totally fair, but I think the 5 scores are being quite ridiculous. The show accomplishes exactly what it sets out to do. People went into this expecting Eva or something?(not you specifically)

5 is an average score I believe. It means it wasn't that good or too bad. I didn't expect it to be Eva but it did expect it to be at least one of my top five seasonals. But that's just my opinion, I understand how you're feeling about the low score ratng cause one of my favorite shows of all time has an average rating which I think deserves to be higher.
Mar 27, 2020 1:12 AM

Oct 2013
I didn't really expect it to be mind blowing, yet it still sucked.

The plot was laughable, the characters were annoying, but above all it made me really uncomfortable. This was something I couldn't predict beforehand.
Mar 27, 2020 2:18 AM

May 2017
Anything with loli or incest = instant 1/10 from the more "normal" anime watchers lol(AKA the crunchyroll generation).

Personally I'd say the show is a 4.5/10(a little below average), but everyone knows on this website anything below a 7/10 is below average and anything below a 6/10 is awful. I don't really get it tbh. Just going off of personal enjoyment I'd give it a 7/10, overall you can tell it's kinda low budget but it doesn't take itself too seriously which I enjoy.
TardmanMar 27, 2020 2:24 AM
tfw brain crowe
Mar 27, 2020 10:06 AM
May 2016
Because it's boring, it's a comedy but not funny at all (maybe it's funnier to Japanese people with over affectionate mothers?) and even if it was it just repeats the same joke over and over and over...So all that's left is the fan service which also is pretty boring, they shot their load pretty early with Mamako getting attacked by the slime, having her clothes dissolve while on all fours and her son then falling on top of her, and fighting while nude. Then it never came anywhere close to doing anything like that again. Just some hot springs and a lame beach episode.
Mar 27, 2020 10:37 AM

May 2013
Virgin weebs seeking a self insert fantasy story.

They are immediately uncomfortable self inserting in a story where the mom is lewded to such a degree.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Mar 27, 2020 10:49 AM

Aug 2016
Like the dude said above me, this is just a shitty self insert, I have a very strong hate for this garbage, I would forgive it tho, if it was enjoyable, it's not
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307
Apr 4, 2020 9:29 PM
Jul 2019
Tardman said:
Anything with loli or incest = instant 1/10 from the more "normal" anime watchers

Nisemonogatari checks both of those boxes and it's scored >8
Apr 10, 2020 7:32 AM

Nov 2013
I think many people didn't even watch this or have watched like 1 episode and then they gave the show 1 for incestous reputation.
I totally support the story where main character is a parent. Anime parents are always like dead or working 24/7, this is just unfair.
GvendolineApr 10, 2020 7:36 AM
May 12, 2020 10:17 PM

May 2015
People watched the censored version and got mad. The score paid the price. Anybody would furious seeing those light beams blocking Mamako's perfect body.
May 28, 2020 8:53 AM

Apr 2018
I'm late to this thread, but here we go.

Personally, I didn't like it. I thought the background art looked atrocious and the character designs weren't very interesting. I don't have a problem with incest, loli/shota, milf, rape, gore, etc. in anime, but I just can't stand ugly backgrounds and I'm not really into the whole self-insert type of protagonist (unless it's a visual novel, since it kinda works there).

That said, I can still enjoy anime with ugly visuals so long as it is funny (e.g. Mars of Destruction), but I didn't think this show was funny either, so I was bored throughout the one episode I saw. I give it a 3/10, it was very bad.

If you liked it, you do you. It's just not my thing.
Jul 22, 2020 7:18 AM
Jul 2020
From me 10/10, i still enjoyed this anime
Jul 30, 2020 10:29 PM
Oct 2016
I expected a good comedy, love the premise and in general i love the fanservice. But this was trash, crapp jokes and meh fanservice. If you see the scores the people gave it you can see its not the 1/10 that makes this score this way, in fact the most common score is 6 and 5.
Aug 3, 2020 12:08 PM

Jul 2015
People do not like incest or anything that gives such vibes.
Pity, because this show isn't half bad and does not even pretend to be what it's not.

Aug 11, 2020 2:37 PM
Jul 2016
TygerPowers9767 said:
I know this gets asked a lot about some animes but here I think it’s appropriate. So why the low rating? I mean I enjoyed it but that’s just opinion and some of people also share the same view. From reading some replies from the episode discussions some people enjoyed it too, so why the low rating? Let me know what you think about this anime and why it has a low rating.

probably because of relying on fanservice most of time instead of focusing on improving the characters or having a meaningful story but yeah the best thing about it it's being sarcastic.
Feb 4, 2021 12:47 AM
Jun 2015
TygerPowers9767 said:

It's funny, but i think this anime is one of the most accurately rated shows on the site. Because while a lot of people here consider any rating below 7 as "bad" in reality 5,5 is average on scale from 1 to 10, which imo is exactly where this show belongs. However if we consider the MAL's usual rating rules, this show is most definitely severely underrated and imo deserves to have average score of 7,3-7,4.

I personally rate it 6/10, because it's pretty well made show, which at the same time doesn't bring anything notable on the table:

Most of the characters are so bland i don't remember them a day after finishing the show

Instead of examining the plot, i suggest we look up at the humor of the show: was it good enough to make me laugh? Yes, but at the same time there weren't any jokes that i'd like to clip or share, and if one of them misses the point (which can happen a lot for more sensitive people) show completely loses it's appeal and basically has no backup plan to keep veiwer interested.

Fanservice was actually pretty decent, but again, nothing too special on that department either.

Graphical part was decent. Backgrounds were lackluster, but i really liked the meaningful usage of 3d models, so they kind of balance each other out. Another thing worth mentioning here is really creative loading screens.

Sound work, and CA work in particual was the thing which ended up convincing me, that i should round the score up, instead of down.

And the good final not would be asking you a question: how much memories of the show do you actually have after a single year of time has passed? My guess is you can basically rewatch the show and treat it as "new" because of how generic it is. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it certainly speaks about the quality of the show as a whole.
Feb 4, 2021 10:08 PM
Feb 2021
I thought it was super comfy and wholesome. Fun, took the perfect tone.
Feb 20, 2021 9:06 AM
Jan 2018
Holy shit is this show bad I didn't expect it to be good but it's so bad That
I couldn't even force myself to finish it and I have a policy that I finish what I started with extremely rare cases.
Mar 2, 2021 12:36 PM

Dec 2010
Anime watchers hate milfs. Most of the time. If there was young imouto instead there would be many people drooling here :D
Apr 1, 2021 7:05 AM
Aug 2020
Remove all the corny jokes, unessesary moments and long dialogues... This will be easy 6.5+

(Note: i say this to improve the show, i don't hate it tho, it's a good anime but it needs improvements!)
Apr 15, 2021 9:27 PM
Apr 2021
It's because the son and mom never shipped, not even in the LN. The whole thing was just a bait, which I think pissed people off even more.
May 1, 2021 9:27 AM
Apr 2021
Ik it's a comedy anime but it's just personal preference. I didn't like that lots of their actions make no sense at all. For example Amante bombed their house and when she stands in front of them they don't even try to catch her
May 11, 2021 7:24 PM

Jan 2021
Maybe because Idk, it’s complete boring garbage with shitty fan service. I struggled to get through the first 2 episodes, they were such a drag.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

May 13, 2021 12:14 AM

May 2016
Drunkenmaster94 said:
It's because the son and mom never shipped, not even in the LN. The whole thing was just a bait, which I think pissed people off even more.

Then what was even the point of the Ln? I thought the whole point of it was the incest stuff
Dec 10, 2022 8:00 AM
May 2019
I gave it a 10/10 after the second episode which I just watched. Very funny stuff and enjoyable. It's my type of fantasy anime.
Dec 20, 2022 10:14 PM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules: 2.e Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.

You may also use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime. MAL has implemented a new system to take care of boosting/downvoting accounts automatically. You can read more about it here. You do not have to worry about the score being influenced by them. If it is influenced, it will be fixed after a few days.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you love Mamako Oosuki ?

luckysjjsjsjs - Nov 22, 2023

16 by Doutei-kun »»
Feb 1, 12:30 PM

» Might get a new season

MegamiRem - Nov 25, 2020

8 by zIlverKitsune »»
Jan 20, 12:58 PM

» Porter Mother?

RioAl - Oct 19, 2022

2 by zIlverKitsune »»
Jan 20, 12:56 PM

» Something is off about those pupils

HunLepto - Jun 26, 2019

10 by zIlverKitsune »»
Jan 20, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

49 by united1175 »»
Dec 17, 2023 12:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.