Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 25, 9:14 PM

I don't but I sure wish I did.

I just eat whatever is there and it's baaad.

Mar 25, 9:55 PM
Xuande

Maneki-Mew said:
ysphyr said:

Well, you are pretty young, so maybe it's better to just enjoy your life and not to think about it? College is stressful enough plus you need energy to study.

But it's always nice to workout a bit if you want to. You just need to find the workout routine that suits you - I usually run or go swimming. If you want something of a more calm nature - yoga is a good choice.

That's kinda not true. You are able to focus more on your studies after doing sports, because you got your circulation in motion and blood running throw your brain more. Just don't overdo it, then it has the opposite effect. Circa 15 minutes everyday are the best, also for focusing, and way better than doing nothing.

You misread my post. I was talking about dieting in the first passage, not about working out.
Fëanor did nothing wrong

Mar 26, 5:18 AM

vivi-chan_ said:
ysphyr said:

Is it working fine for you? You’re still growing, I’m a bit concerned if you get all the nutrition you need
i dont really have a reason for it. since school was closed indefinitely ive been sleeping till 4, which means i wake up right before supper time. even when i did have school i ignored breakfast, and was too scared to eat lunch in the cafeteria.

That's about how my sleep and eating habit is atm. Did you not include other meals such as snacks and deserts?

jesteri said:

I've fasted for 5 entire days consuming nothing but salt water(you will get cramps if you don't) to see what all the hype was about, of running on ketones, and it was amazing. You feel so free, light and euphoric.. its indescribably awesome. It almost has me convinced that ketones are the better fuel source for the brain. I used to read a lot into nutrition but the amount of variables and advice is so conflicting... should you give yourself a free pass on high fiber foods? essential electrolytes and vitamins? In general I think timing is more important above all.

I went nearly 7 days with just tea and an occasional saltine oyster cracker but wasn't for some fad Late on I started having clearer thinking for a breif time.

You can get ketones from dietary sources. You dont have to put your body through ketosis. It doesn't last long that way though I've read.

Mar 26, 6:15 AM

I do intermittent fasting as well: 16/8. Not really obsessed with what goes in my mouth so I don't really watch what I eat. I do make my own meals and I eat homemade meals all the time.

Forum set by: DeadlyBasan

Mar 26, 10:01 AM

As long as I eat 80% healthy, that's all that matters. I usually eat something sweet daily.

Mar 26, 10:50 AM

I have type 1 diabetes so I gotta take my carb intake into consideration every time I eat.
Having said that, I don't follow like an exact diet plan, I just make sure to eat a homemade meal at least once a day and eat protein-rich food. I don't like supplements so I just get everything my body needs through food (and coffee for caffeine and that lovely taste).

Mar 26, 11:02 AM

I eat 3 meals a day. One of them is called breakfast because I eat it after fasting while in a process called sleep.
Other than that, I make a general rule of not eating processed foods much.
My one big exception is sparkling water, which I like as much as regular soda at this point.

When I was more into lifting, I did 6 modestly sized meals a day. Such is far too annoying for me keep up with now.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but it's probably going to involve frogs. I freakin' hate those things."
- Albert Einstein

Mar 26, 11:18 AM

Freshell said:
I eat 3 meals a day. One of them is called breakfast because I eat it after fasting while in a process called sleep.
My one big exception is sparkling water, which I like as much as regular soda at this point.

When I was more into lifting, I did 6 modestly sized meals a day. Such is far too annoying for me keep up with now.
You have forgotten to state how supper consists of twinks. Tender meat full of proteins.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”

Mar 26, 11:21 AM

I eat whatever there is on my fridge at the time, is that a diet?

Edit and resources do not belong to me.

Mar 26, 11:30 AM

Luchse said:
Freshell said:

You have forgotten to state how supper consists of twinks. Tender meat full of proteins.

Twink protein pre-work out and post-work out is definitely how I beefed up 10 or so pounds in my junior year of high school. Can attest to the efficacy.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but it's probably going to involve frogs. I freakin' hate those things."
- Albert Einstein

Mar 26, 7:30 PM

No but sometimes I forget to eat wow character limit

Mar 26, 8:13 PM

You can eat like a king and stay as healthy as a sportsman if you avoid buying packaged food and eating in fast food joints. Watch some cooking videos on youtube and you're all set.
It's suprising how easy it is to make such tasty and healthy food with simple and cheap ingredients. If you are currently in quarantine, take advantage of it by spending some time cooking and mastering all the ingredients and vegetables at your disposal.
My diet right now is mostly centered around vegetables, with meat and fish two or three times per week. Not planning on turning vegetarian, but I just love those tasty veggies.
3 meals per day plus a home made snack and I'll keep working all day like a machine.

Mar 26, 8:19 PM

No, I eat whatever I want but I'm surprised, my weight is average for my height and age. I am 5'7, 135 pounds, and I'm sixteen. Do what you want with that information

Mar 26, 8:33 PM
Review Moderator
Magallan Plz

Used to follow keto diet religiously and lost an amazing amount of weight, but eating little to no carbs for a long period of time really screws you up. I felt like a zombie due to lack of energy. Nowadays, I just stick to balanced homecooked meals.

Mar 26, 11:09 PM

Extreme low carb, with two meals a day. I eat like this to cope with diabetes.

Mar 27, 4:32 PM

Been Vegetarian for about two months now. Not for any ethical or religious reasons, just thought it would be pretty neat.

ysphyr said:
vivi-chan_ said:
i skip lunch and breakfast, and only eat dinner

Is it working fine for you? You’re still growing, I’m a bit concerned if you get all the nutrition you need

I also skip (sleep though) breakfast and lunch ever since I started College lol.
you found me

Mar 28, 1:27 AM

unfortunately i don't. i've tried to start doing exercise and eat healthier but i don't have enough motivation and i'm lazy. i'm not overweight or anything like that, but there was a time when i felt really insecure about my body and that's what triggered it. i'm still trying tho :)

Mar 28, 2:02 AM
Xuande

allypsa said:
unfortunately i don't. i've tried to start doing exercise and eat healthier but i don't have enough motivation and i'm lazy. i'm not overweight or anything like that, but there was a time when i felt really insecure about my body and that's what triggered it. i'm still trying tho :)

You don't have to push yourself. If you want to eat more healthy - just add some real superfoods now and then: sardines, blueberries, avocado, salmon roe (it's pricey, but damn it's packed with nutrients!), eggs, fermented products (kefir, sauerkraut, etc).
And working out is fun! It gives you so much energy. Just find the workout routine you'll enjoy - if you don't want anything too active, try yoga. I attended yoga classes back in uni and after some time my muscles started to get more defined. And I wasn't even doing anything that hard! How cool is that?
Fëanor did nothing wrong

Pages (2) « 1 [2]