Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Mar 25, 11:17 AM

Absolutely, because at least it could invest me enough to do that. But an anime that makes me cry doesn’t always mean it’s good..cough..anohana..cough..
But other anime that made me cry like a little bitch (NHK, fullmetal alchemist) are among some of my all time favorite anime, because of how invested I was that I cried when I was happy or sad for the characters. It just varies on other factors of the anime.
I cry a lot in general so it’s not much different if a story makes me cry.

Mar 25, 11:18 AM

Yes.

Feels are one of the best parts about anime/manga.

Mar 25, 11:56 AM

of course. it's a good way to release pent up emotions, for me at least.
old thoughts hate modern words – it’s not just the truth that hurts.

Mar 25, 12:00 PM

I rem,ever when watching Higurashi, it made get a tension headache to the point that it did make me tear up a bit. If anything, I sometimes hate the things that force you to be emotional for the sake of being emotional. It usually just sounds like manipulation to me.

Mar 25, 12:22 PM

It depends. If it's way too sad like your lie in April then I won't enjoy the crying part but I'll enjoy the anime as a whole. If it's something like fruits basket with wholesome scenes that could possibly make you cry (well at least It made me cry uwu) then you'd probably be smile crying and that is enjoyable for me. So... yeah.
NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAN

Mar 25, 2:17 PM

Aren't tearjerkers supposed to make you cry though? If they succeeded, then it served its purpose and you fell victim into their ploy

Mar 25, 2:22 PM

It's honestly hard for me to cry even if I want to. I just love the sensation of the emotion running through me.

So when an anime makes me cry, I absolutely love it.

Mar 25, 2:25 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
it make me feel a live.
whether it's a happy ,sad,disappointment ,frustration ,proud ,excited tears .
all are good .
-one of one the reason that make me afraid to watch anime again is that because i am afraid that the things that used to move me might not move me now .

p.s before i watched anime i have only experienced sad tears .i didn't know i could feel all those feelings .

Mar 25, 2:29 PM

Pullman said:

Heartwarming stuff does the job just as good if not better, or really cathartic moments in a character's development or characterization. Stuff like lovers being reunited after a long time, an asshole character changing into a nicer person, romantic feelings being discovered to be mutual etc...

I really get where you're coming from. Just seeing characters getting offed out of nowhere is not nearly as powerful as emotional scenes between characters that had atleast a decent buildup. Shows like Sangatsu no Lion, Fruits Basket, Little Busters! and many others that I don't remember right now had at least one scene that made me cry, not because the scene was sad, but because the emotions it conveyed where so powerful I just got overwhelmed. I think those type of scenes are way more memorable

Mar 25, 6:16 PM
TheKawaiiToon said:
To me, crying is part of the enjoyment. It shows that you care and like the show and its characters.

Same here as long its done well and it doesn't feel forced.

Mar 25, 7:37 PM

I do enjoy, its kinda easy for me to cry while watching anime.><

Mar 26, 1:38 AM

morihama said:
MasterOfCoin said:
The one that gets me the most is Fairy Tail. There is so many good moments in that, that I can't help but cry. One of my favorite shows of all time, with One Piece as a close second.
I've never seen Fairy Tail, but if you're talking about crying because something is so good then I agree, I was more talking about crying because something makes you sad.

yeah if something is good like All might vs All for one scene, that'll make my eyes wet. Other than that I don't cry, i just get disgusted and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Mar 26, 3:08 AM

Not necesserily the crying part, but I do enjoy it when an anime touches me on an emotional level to the point that it makes me cry.

Mar 26, 3:11 AM
What an amazing feeling💔👌☹️
But now days i can't find any good drama anime

Mar 26, 3:36 AM

Watch the pain and drama for fun...I'm sorry, what? IMHO, we watch this for another reason. Mine is to throw off the ballast of accumulated shit in reality and feel your heart.
May be some anime?

Mar 26, 3:41 AM

If an anime can make me cry, it's a good anime because it's able to evoke the emotional side of its audience. I most likely enjoy watching such tear-jerking anime, but I try to avoid them because I don't really like to cry like a little bitch. (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Mar 26, 9:04 AM
I enjoy it, mainly because I usually don't get attached enough to cry, but I find it irrelevant towards if something is good or not. There are lot of people that just wants to feel things so they take all the baits and cry on them but that does not mean that the show or drama itself are good on the slightest.

Yeah, there are lots of bad shows that make people cry, so is not necessarily a positive, but when the show and the drama are good is definitely a plus iif is well made enough to make it worthy of your tears.

Mar 26, 11:12 AM

There was a time when I was actively looking for an anime that might make me cry but most didn't. Tho it happens from time to time and yes it's very enjoyable whenever some dumb cartoon manages to make you emotional.

Mar 26, 11:29 AM

Yes, that really shows how creators managed to make the certain scene so powerfull and emotional

It happens very rarely but when it happens you will never forget that time when it happened

Mar 26, 12:33 PM

If the cry is well earned, then yes I enjoy it greatly. If the show is shoving unearned emotions down my throat as an attempt to make me cry, then no, I don't enjoy it.

Mar 26, 4:22 PM

It's incredibly refreshing when something can get through to my calloused soul, and actually evoke any kind of emotion. So yes, I quite like it.

Mar 26, 4:26 PM

I wouldn't say its something I seek out, but if I get that emotionally invested into something then odds are I really like it and if I like something then 99% of the time I think its good.

Mar 26, 6:23 PM

Oh no, fuck. This question will summon those Lie April fags and Bunny Girl cucks. Hear me out. Crying is a wonderful feeling for those who desperately yearn for emotional overwhelmingness, I get it. It's also highly effective when it is used powerfully and thematically (which is a fact).

But what many of you may not realize is that crying does not always equate with emotional profundity. Crying may not represent depth. Crying may just be a spontaneous and natural response of a human being that may have no deeper meaning than contemporaneously mourning over the loss of some characters.

But what's worst is that crying may become a tool of emotional manipulation. It manipulates one's rational reasoning and instantly makes them think so tenderly because of some brief emotions, which immediately excludes any sort of formerly known flaws. It makes you feel like it's possibly the greatest thing ever because it makes you cry non-stop throughout its runtime. Yet actually, it sucks. It makes you cry, but in essence, it has shitty writing and shitty directing and shitty everything.

Of course crying isn't always this bad. It's only this awful when it is without depth or represents one's manipulated emotions, like how Bunny Girl always manages to do. Crying isn't what you would consider "enjoyable" but people definitely seek for this, and that's why they are more than satisfied when they watch shit like Your Lie in April or Bunny Girl movie.
. . .

Mar 26, 7:47 PM

No, because it's usually when it ends.

(Especially when you get that emptiness inside of you)

Mar 26, 10:02 PM

Yea makes memorable moments&good stuffs i wont forget

Mar 26, 11:17 PM

If I’m so emotionally invested in a show that I cry, it’s a good fuc”ing show. (Unless I’m crying of despair).

Mar 26, 11:22 PM

i do! for some reason when i cry i feel more alive. and for that reason i love my favourites mostly of they have a scene that makes my cry.

Mar 26, 11:22 PM

i don't think i've ever cried watching an anime (but i rarely cry for movies/tv shows/books either so maybe i'm broken)

if it did happen someday i'd say that's a pretty good fucking show...

Mar 26, 11:29 PM

If it gets some emotion out of me after a solid effort and not just cheap bait, then yes I'll respect it wholeheartedly.

Mar 27, 8:19 AM

If a show made you cry then that means that it did something right to get you invested to that level.

At least that is my case since not that many anime make me cry anymore. One of the first anime that made me cry was "love live" funnily enough and to this day if I listen to certain songs I shed a small tear. That doesn't necesarilly mean that that show is the best ever just that it was the perfect fit for me and was succesful getting me invested in its characters.

"The more popular an anime becomes, the larger the fan base becomes. The larger the fan base becomes, the more weirdos are in the fan base. The more weirdos with louder voices..." -NuxTaku, 2019

Mar 27, 10:22 AM

Nothing personal against drama anime, but I enjoy an anime more that makes me feel feel thrilled. I also prefer drama anime with action and the murder or rubbing out of key characters. One Piece doesn't deliver that degree of drama.

Mar 27, 10:53 AM

Nah, I think it's pretty great when a show can make you feel so invested to the point you shed tears over its story/characters. I tend to watch more comedy animes than drama, but finding a good drama anime that can make me cry because of its story is always nice!

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]