Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 24, 12:36 AM

acne has been a problem in my life for 4 years its destroyed my confidence and ive limited my life because of it, only recently i was able to get it moderately clear but i was left scars.

basically my question is what is ur opinion on it, is it as bad as i think, or do you not really care, and what are your personal experiences with it

helo

Mar 24, 12:59 AM

I went through a very shitty acne seven or eight years ago. Both my parents had it so I probably inherited the horrible acne gene. My entire face and back became red, pimples merged together and became a giant painful red surface that covered each cheek, my pillow was bloody every time I woke up and the thing even started bleeding on its own, it hurt a lot, I never had a girlfriend at that period and just like my mom it left me with permanent scars on my face. I eventually started taking some strong pills which caused depression as the dermatologist had warned me and started going around with a parasol which was a recommendation by the doctor. It was over by 11th grade but it sucked. I don't have any good looking pictures from that period but I at least had friends although we didn't talk about it since none of us was particularly attractive, we just played RTS at lan parties.
I really enjoy those "helicopter ride" memes

Mar 24, 1:34 AM

You're probably gonna have pock marks or something. It's okay dude. Men often have scars or injuries. As time goes on you'll learn to see it in a positive light.

Mar 24, 1:55 AM
Xuande

I highly recommend you visit a professional. There can be tons of reasons people get acne and each requires their own treatment.

I started to get breakouts at 20 and it turned out the reason was that I ate too much nori seaweed (iodine can cause acne). Before I knew that - nothing really helped me, even the most expensive skincare products.

And I (once again) want to recommend evening primrose oil to all women who suffer from hormonal acne. It will make your life so much better - it will even make your menstrual cramps go away! [But make sure it’s safe for you to take it]
Fëanor did nothing wrong

Mar 24, 4:50 AM

I get an odd spot occasionally, but aside from that my skin is clear. I don't feel the need to wear make-up, i wear it when i can be bothered to put it on really lol. There was one girl who had acne all over her face in school and i can't imagine how it must feel. Being a teenager is hard enough without dealing with skin problems. Thankfully she didn't seem to go through bullying because of it, she was one of the more popular kids thankfully.

I'm really sorry to hear how it has affected you. I hope you can continue to push through and try build your confidence back up :>
Modified by fancyjasper, Mar 24, 4:53 AM

Mar 24, 7:49 AM

maybe see a dermatologist if you haven’t already, they could help!
Acne doesn’t look or feel great, but it’s temporary at least. When I was younger I used to get some, but I’ve been pretty lucky and rarely get it anymore.

Mar 25, 12:33 PM

From my own experiences: anything that kills the bacteria effectively gets rid of pimples the fastest. No matter what cream and stuff I have tried - nothing beat taking antibiotics. The only problem is that dermatologists only give you antibiotics for about 2 weeks and then, everything is back to how it was before

Mar 25, 1:26 PM

I have the occasional spot.
A cluster of acne may not be visually appealing but if you've got a solid personality most people would be able to look beyond that. There are good looking people with acne. The only thing I worry about is if I touch an acne ridden face would it accidentally hurt them
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 25, 2:22 PM

I had it really bad my freshman and sophomore years of high school, especially on my forehead and temples. Used Proactive for a couple of months and haven't had any problems since, except for a couple of small scars on my right temple. This is something most people go through at some point, and it isn't worth losing confidence over. You see these things about yourself as major flaws, but most people don't even notice them because they're too busy stressing about their own flaws!

Mar 25, 3:00 PM

are you watching your diet?
stress perhaps?
washing bedsheets/blankets?
exercising regularly?

Mar 25, 4:50 PM

For 10 years. I had acne making me look like an overgrown teenager. I tried a variety of things, and at the end of the day, some of what they say is true, some not. Benzoyl peroxide works, until the day you missed your regimen, and then the acne comes back for revenge. Salicylic acid doesn't have the magic effect as benzoyl peroxide, but here's the trick:
  1. Stop touching your face! I know this is hard for a lot of people, especially if you have a habit for popping your pimples. Your hands are the dirtiest part of your body. Just stop. Don't pop. Don't scratch. Don't wipe sweat off your foreheads. Carry a pack of tissues if you need or scratch your nose with your sleeve.
  2. You can use benzoyl peroxide at first, but you don't want to be doing this for the rest of your life. The trick maintain being acne free without a regular dosing of chemicals is to (not surprisingly) wash your face!! It will be ridiculous at first. Wash once in the morning when you wake up, once at night, when once any time throughout the day when your face feels oily. You might have to wash 4-6 times a day or more at first. But gradually that reduces to 1-2 times when you clear off all the bacteria.
  3. I'm not sure if eating potato chips or soda makes it worse. I can eat or drink a little nowadays and not have a break out. My theory is not so much the nutrition, but the messiness of some foods depositing oil around your mouth, or maybe when you eat a chip, then touch your face with the same hand.
  4. Wash your pillow case often. Wash your bed sheets. Wash your comforter or duvet once in a while. This is something I was missing for a long time. Then I realized my acne gets better when I sleep somewhere else for a week or two, then it gets worse again.
  5. Shave often. Sometimes the stubble inflames your skin, especially if you have the habit of touching it.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

Mar 25, 6:16 PM

What worked for me was washing hands and face more often... even so it wasn't so bad to begin with.

Mar 26, 2:29 AM

p0ckyy said:
are you watching your diet?
stress perhaps?
washing bedsheets/blankets?
exercising regularly?

yes
its a work in progress
yes and yes
helo

Mar 26, 6:05 AM

I know someone who has acne on his face even on his body. It didn't really matter. I was still attracted to him.

I only get pimples when I use facial products or "beauty" products especially make-up. So I avoid those things. I've only been using an antibacterial facial wash since forever. I used to have really long hair and it would take ages to dry it up so I let it be. And because my hair would touch my back, when it's wet the hair products I use gets absorbed on my back skin which resulted in me having pimples on my back. So now I just tie my hair up all the time even when it's wet. Or sometimes I just cut it short. Haven't had any pimples since then.

Forum set by: DeadlyBasan

Mar 26, 8:48 AM

I never had very bad acne, but still had annoying pimples appear at the worst times.
Though when I started Keto and IF the problem gradually went away and now I'm happy with my skin.

Mar 26, 9:00 AM

You should visit a dermatologist. It's not gonna let you if you leave it like that.

I had same problem 5 years and now I solved it. Also after you finish with the acne you can fix the scars with laser.

Mar 26, 9:14 AM

Ive been lucky to never have acne or cystic acne, just your usual teenage skin of a few spots and blackheads, which is normal. And with a new skincare routine its basically gone. I only have "rosy cheeks" or its medical term "Rosacea" with ive inherited off my dad, and no washing or scrubbing of the face can get rid of that as its a skin condition, and some people even say its cute so its kinda a good thing (even if it makes wearing makeup like foundation or concealer look bad).

However for my older sister its a different story, she got pretty bad acne on her cheeks from the ages about 12-14 and my parents were so horrible to her about it. Obviously cleaning your face helps stop acne, but for some people it makes little to no difference no matter what you do and you just have to wait for it to go away with the end of puberty. However while my sister did clean her face and try all sorts of products my parents were extremely rude to her about it, making snide comments of how she looked and how they thought it was gross, sometimes to the point were she cried causing them to get more mad and my dad normally yelling at her. It was awful, I remember them stopping her from doing normal preteen/teen things and making her sit with a facemask on or my mum attempting to hide her acne with makeup (which only made it worse). They was so not understanding as neither of them ever had acne and blaming it on her for a lack of hygiene.

Mar 26, 9:23 AM

Eh, the worse i'd get was pimples on my nose that hurt like a bitch for a couple then its just goes away, and the occasional zits, i don't really use anything, i just wash my face with hot water and some face wash.

i had eczema since i was little, but luckily it wasn't on my face, just my inner thighs, it also went away thanks to treatment, treatment is really important, like everyone else mentioned, going to a dermatologist is highly recommended if you haven't already.
Misato > asuka > rei

Mar 26, 9:26 AM

Seijatachiiii said:
Ive been lucky to never have acne or cystic acne, just your usual teenage skin of a few spots and blackheads, which is normal. And with a new skincare routine its basically gone. I only have "rosy cheeks" or its medical term "Rosacea" with ive inherited off my dad, and no washing or scrubbing of the face can get rid of that as its a skin condition, and some people even say its cute so its kinda a good thing (even if it makes wearing makeup like foundation or concealer look bad).

However for my older sister its a different story, she got pretty bad acne on her cheeks from the ages about 12-14 and my parents were so horrible to her about it. Obviously cleaning your face helps stop acne, but for some people it makes little to no difference no matter what you do and you just have to wait for it to go away with the end of puberty. However while my sister did clean her face and try all sorts of products my parents were extremely rude to her about it, making snide comments of how she looked and how they thought it was gross, sometimes to the point were she cried causing them to get more mad and my dad normally yelling at her. It was awful, I remember them stopping her from doing normal preteen/teen things and making her sit with a facemask on or my mum attempting to hide her acne with makeup (which only made it worse). They was so not understanding as neither of them ever had acne and blaming it on her for a lack of hygiene.
Omg this is so unfair, I really feel sorry for your sister and you! Did she manage to ged rid of acne or she still got it? It's not your fault I mean acne is not only about hygiege. Most of the times its due to hormonic problems (like mine) and it can be solved if you pay a visit to a good dermatologist.

Mar 26, 9:52 AM

Most of the time acne is caused through hormones, genes, and your skin type, unless you're there never washing your face then it could be caused through bacteria and clogged pores. For me what helps most is using gentle products and not overdoing it with skincare.

Mar 26, 10:54 AM

Momoiro_Hime said:
Seijatachiiii said:

Omg this is so unfair, I really feel sorry for your sister and you! Did she manage to ged rid of acne or she still got it? It's not your fault I mean acne is not only about hygiege. Most of the times its due to hormonic problems (like mine) and it can be solved if you pay a visit to a good dermatologist.

My sister is 17 and her acne is gone, although its left a little bit of scarring, but my parents dont comment about it as the scars arent noticeable enough for them to have a rude opinion on it. I imagine it was just hormone problems as she when she finished puberty the acne improved. Although what my parents said and did to her has still left family issues and her with a low self esteem. Also if your worried about my rosecea dont be, if you google images of it those are really only bad cases, my rosecea is very mild and only really comes out when its very hot or very cold weather.

Mar 26, 10:55 AM

Also OP if your looking for something to improve your scars Aloe Vera is amazing at healing scars, try out some products that are mainly made of Aloe Vera and see if it helps.

Mar 26, 12:55 PM

Seijatachiiii said:
Momoiro_Hime said:

My sister is 17 and her acne is gone, although its left a little bit of scarring, but my parents dont comment about it as the scars arent noticeable enough for them to have a rude opinion on it. I imagine it was just hormone problems as she when she finished puberty the acne improved. Although what my parents said and did to her has still left family issues and her with a low self esteem. Also if your worried about my rosecea dont be, if you google images of it those are really only bad cases, my rosecea is very mild and only really comes out when its very hot or very cold weather.
That's good to know that you are both fine with acne! It's really bad and I know the feeling of having these spots in the face, its just horrible! Specially when you dont get the support you need! Laser helps a lot for the scars but its money consuming and you need patience too! :<

Mar 26, 3:01 PM

I got acne at about 7 years old and it only really started going away at 13 or so. I'm actually glad I got it early because then I didn't have to worry about getting picked on in my teenage years.

Mar 26, 3:39 PM

Seijatachiiii said:
Also OP if your looking for something to improve your scars Aloe Vera is amazing at healing scars, try out some products that are mainly made of Aloe Vera and see if it helps.

Aloe vera gel extract may be better. Aloe vera gel feels a little sticky on the skin. Serrapeptase or natokinase may be better at actually breaking down scar tissue. Might work well together. The conventional approach to scars is silicone patches or gels. I am unsure what mechanism silicone patches are supposed to reduce scars though.

Mar 26, 7:34 PM

Oof yeah I always have acne and now I have acne scars too

Mar 26, 8:00 PM

Used to have really, really bad acne. Around 13 -14 I was pretty conscious about it where going outside was pretty bad. I think my late teens it started to clean up and my skin looks good now.

One recommendation that I would give is drink a crap ton of water and cut sugary drinks out like soda or juices. I know it wasn't a major factor but it definitely played a role.

Had a cousin who had it really bad to the point he had scars on his face + back. I think he took antibiotics and now his skin looks good.

Mar 26, 8:03 PM

I have ance but it's not as bad as other people's ance but I care about it. Like I don't use any products, I just wait for them to go away but I don't want people seeing it. Like right now, I have one pimple on my forehead but whatever, my hair covers it. But it honestly isn't as bad as people make it sound like it is. But it does make you lose that self-confidence

Mar 26, 8:10 PM
Here in Brazil there's a really effective medicine called roacutan. Most teenagers end up using it at some point. It absolutely recks your liver, so it may not be legal in your country, but there must be another one that works. If the problem is really bad it might be a good option.

Mar 26, 8:11 PM

When I was a teen, I used those acne face pads for years. It burned, but it was worth it since as an adult my acne disappeared nicely. Just keep washing your face regularly and don't scratch/pop any of them or you'll end up like this guy.

Mar 26, 11:03 PM

My acne come and goes at random in small amounts. I think high blood sugar might cause it, because high blood sugar makes your skin itch, making me pick on my face.
High blood sugar occurs when eating unhealthy, which I do at random.

Mar 26, 11:15 PM

Had some horrible acne back when I was going through puberty, I think at that point you can't do much to overpower the raging hormones. As an adult, the simplest way to combat acne is to drink plenty of water and rinse your face with water every now and then. Also make sure to wash behind your ears properly.

Yesterday, 8:53 AM

How bad is your acne?

People always bring up my acne, but I'm not bothered by it. Why would it destroy my confidence? Maybe I just have a mild case? But then why would everyone bring it up?

My mother gives me face wash, and I didn't understand that I was supposed to use it as soap, as in, I wash it off. I left it on for several hours. Then my face got painfully dry.

I repeated the same mistake two months later, the past few days. Now my face has turned painfully dry again. I hate it.

but maybe my face would become painfully dry even if I wash it off. or maybe it just wouldn't work.

I once read someone saying that if there were a solution to acne, no one would have acne anymore. It's too good to be true. This skincare stuff is bullshit.

That's what I've been thinking all this time. Skincare is a scam. but people still insist that it's not a scam... I don't know what the fuck to think.