Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 23, 2020 12:29 PM

Jul 2014
Of course the girls had to be ring girls and of course Hitomi, our fan service queen, had to have the skimpiest outfit... GOD DAMN.

Jin really fooled me when he said that Ranka had given him a glimpse of something amazing. But he was just thinking about Hitomi's assets lmao. I mean, I definitely don't blame him xD.

I have to say that in a world full of animal girls, my favorite was Hitomi. I don't know, I love how nice and hot she is xD. Hyena was annoying.

Insect girls incoming... Man, don't tease me like that. I hope we get a second season, this was such a fun show. One of my favorites of the season for sure, I'm gonna miss it.
SkyLETVMar 23, 2020 12:56 PM
Mar 23, 2020 12:34 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
I'm up for season 2 with bug wars. IRL bugs are disgusting to me but scientifically very fascinating.

Jin himself had some growth this episode. Also Yena is not letting his rival An one uping him. I hope Team Ex shows up with more extinct species. Sabertooths and Giant Sloths would be a good start.
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
You know Mammoth Girl seem to be forgetting that Neanderthals also cause the extinction of her species.......

I was expecting this to be a plot point either to drive a wedge between them or some kind of backstab. Too bad but it's all good.
Mar 23, 2020 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
The mammoth to be a loli was something I wasn't expecting lol.

I also wasn't expecting some good amount of fanservice.

This show ended up being fun to watch tbh. I didn't expect it to enjoy it as much as I have.

Mar 23, 2020 1:07 PM
May 2019
The heck was that ending? And insects/arthropodes are the next threat... 2nd season or it'll be just the special?
Mar 23, 2020 1:11 PM

Jun 2015
Ranka made at least SSJ3 by the final bout, I'm sure of it. Fantastic end and would love if that closing tease was really another series in the works. Really fun show!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 23, 2020 1:17 PM

Apr 2018
Yeah i liked this one. I found Jin actually funny character the way he despises animals.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Mar 23, 2020 1:37 PM
Oct 2019
I had no plans on originally watching this anime, but it somehow just happened. I guess there just weren't a lot of shows this season that captured my attention. I totally enjoyed it from beginning to end and it really surprised me. It's perfect for anyone who likes slapstick humor like Nichijou or The Three Stooges.

Final episode was just as fun as all the others, and the teaser at the end gives me hope for a second season.

Definitely the best comedy and maybe even the best show of Winter 2020?

Final score: 9/10
Mar 23, 2020 2:00 PM

Nov 2012

So...this episode was super cute!

1: Loli war...I mean...its better then any fights.
2:Jin and Ranka are meant to be together. Ranka wants Jin to mate her and have some puppies for her future family...sweet!
3: Hitomi...I mean...she looks good in any outfit. She even got alot of attention with her crowd.
4: Where my goddam HoneySkunk loli....she could've bet that cute loli mammoth in like 5 seconds! But I'll miss her.
5: Miyubi remembers how much Ranka helped her and now she returning the favor by cheering her back....so cute!
6: Wait...season 2...insects...Ara Ara! Poor King.

Overall...I give this anime 8/10....just cause there going to be a Season 2.
livingdarknetMar 23, 2020 2:05 PM
Mar 23, 2020 2:18 PM

Dec 2014
nice that it ended...was fond of this show
Mar 23, 2020 2:18 PM

Oct 2010
8/10. Underrated. Funny and a bit educational while also being pretty wholesome. Worth every minute.

Quite honestly one of my favorite 1-cour anime this season. It was just a blast the entire time. I hope that ending really was teasing a S2
Mar 23, 2020 2:23 PM

Mar 2019
That boxing match was better than Rocky V!

good thing it ended before the insects came! we don't need that sequel just like we didn't need Rocky V
Mar 23, 2020 2:26 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Who would have thought the the woolly mammoth would be a loli character. So we get a boxing match between the mammoth loli and the wolf girl with a little bit a fan service in between.

This was my favorite show of Winter 2020 and there was not one bad episode throughout the entire series. It felt like I was watching a high school version of Animal Planet with a mixture of comedy and educational pieces. Hopefully there will be a second season, but I'm going to read the manga anyway in case it doesn't happen.

When this corona virus outbreak is over I'm going to visit my local zoo and go to the aquarium.

I give this series a 9/10.

Lol at King-kun always getting his ass kick by another species.
Mar 23, 2020 2:31 PM

Aug 2018
Ravioli ravioli, we must protect the woolly mammoth loli.

Fun show, going to rewatch this in the future just for the sake of keeping track how much Miyubi has died during these 12 episodes.
If Miyubi wants to know more about extinct sloths, I sure can talk about that aswell. ^^

And for Jin, heh, well, I think he represents the majority of humans today; doesn't care about (most) other animals at all and are just walking piece of trash and waste of oxygen and supply's.

Iether way, season 2 probably never...
Probably would have to read the manga if I want to see more eventual cute animal waifu's even though I'm not that much of a manga reader.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Mar 23, 2020 3:12 PM

Jun 2012
Im very curious who voiced Woolly Mammoth?
Mar 23, 2020 3:24 PM
Mar 2019
None of this happened in the manga. They stich different chapter's together and made this episode. It felt very weird and off. Also the ending with the insect's is not in the manga either
Mar 23, 2020 3:56 PM

Aug 2018
Seton might have been one of the shows this season that went more under the radar, but it was really enjoyable. Lots of laughs, lovable characters, and stuff to learn about the animal kingdom. The spin on the harem genre was real different too having Jin reject everyone and all animals, but slowly grow fond of them as the season concluded. Here's hoping for that season 2! I'd be totally down for more!

Ranka also best girl. The others were great too, but she definitely put in a lot of work!
Mar 23, 2020 4:05 PM

Feb 2011
This series is horribly underrated. The humor was amazing, the factoids were amusing as hell. Animation was clean, voice acting was on point and characters were diverse and interesting. Each episode was either humorous, or had good action in it.

I've never seen anything similar to this either.

Solid 10 for me, all the way from the first episode with the koala.

Mar 23, 2020 5:01 PM

Apr 2018
Definitively not the worst anime I watched this season. I would watch a second season if it ever happens.

Nice humor and nice fan service. Although the last episode was the least funny of the whole series.

7/10
Mar 23, 2020 5:14 PM

Oct 2008
This was a fun watch. The comedy worked real well for me. Also learned a bunch of new things about animals.
Mar 23, 2020 5:27 PM

Aug 2018
Favorite series of this season comes to a close. 9/10
Mar 23, 2020 5:35 PM
Jun 2016
Will we ever find out how the meat they eat is made?
Mar 23, 2020 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
I can only give it a 7/10 cause I'm caught yon the manga and it does suuuuuuuuch a better job with everything and this has a lot crammed in.
I still likes it a lot and will watch S2, but please read manga. The way Jin handles Neanderthal and stuff is like Barbary Lion. Let's her no she's not technically extinct.
Mar 23, 2020 5:40 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty entertaining show in the end!

The angles this episode were something else though! Hitomi was the spotlight again!!

Great comedy and a lot of fanservice, something I didn't quite expect going into this!

7/10
Mar 23, 2020 5:43 PM

Oct 2017
I picked up this series because Ranka was voiced by Hina Kino and I'm glad I did. Fun series overall and I'm excited for a possible 2nd season?
Mar 23, 2020 6:42 PM
Jan 2017
Seton Academy comes to an end with yet another hilarious episode! Ranka must participate in a boxing match, how original, to save Hitomi. The whole friendship and reconciliation stuff feels pretty clichéd, but I'm glad this episode and the series had a positive outcome. I'm glad I watched this series and I'm looking forward to a possible continuation, what with the series leaving open the door for a second season.
Mar 23, 2020 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
honestly this show was a blast and the funniest for me all season granted it had it's fair share of issues keeping it from getting any higher than a 7 with a extremely hate-able MC which rarely goes from a unlikeable asshole to just a asshole thankfully all the other characters make up for his faults and handling of some of the characters in a more problematic way some of those issues wouldn't be so bad if the characters weren't half humans .

also did not expect the amount of fanservice this show was gonna bring,also Hitomi didn't deserve all she got for being so pure and kind thinking aback this show ended up doing a lot to her and me just thinking wait what the hell did they "just drug her?"or like the first episode where she got all her clothes torn off it was things like that when i was feeling this isn't fun.

7/10 learned some stuff had some laughs even if that ending was super random it's never gonna happen because this is more like one of those's one off shows shame really
Mar 23, 2020 6:55 PM

Dec 2013
The perfect show for me, it had cute girls, cute animals, sometimes educational, OP was super catchy, ED was super cute, I'm going to miss it so much, I hope that tease is for an actual new project.
Mar 23, 2020 7:18 PM

Nov 2011
The Hitomi and Miyubi fan service was all i needed <3

Great episode and I am looking forward to bug girls in SEASON 2!...Hopefully.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 23, 2020 7:23 PM

Aug 2018
I’m very surprised no one ever mentioned to Ann that modern caucasian humans are a result of Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals having sex... her reaction would have been priceless!
Mar 23, 2020 7:25 PM
Mar 23, 2020 8:11 PM

May 2013
sadly it ends here when's Season 2? I wanna see Insects fight and how large would insects be also I want to see insect girls
What chapter is this in the manga where do I start?
Mar 23, 2020 8:21 PM

Feb 2008
Well, it would be an average meh 6+ adaptation, do to all the changes they made, but all that forced drama crap in the last ep, just kill it all the remaining fun in it 😐.
Mar 23, 2020 8:39 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Short_Circut said:
kamil88 said:
Im very curious who voiced Woolly Mammoth?

Our loli friend was voiced by Kaneda Tomoko (https://myanimelist.net/people/272/Tomoko_Kaneda?q=tomoko%20kane)

Lol, guess that explains why i kept thinking “she sounds a lot like Chiyo-chan” 😄
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Mar 23, 2020 8:54 PM
Aug 2015
So is it over ? the episode leaves off with a big feeling of hey this is happening right now instead of a conclusion. I know some animes wanna leave with an opening in case of a second season but this feels like way more then just leaving an opening. Introducing a new ''threat'' the way they did feels more like setting up the next episode then an actual conclusion to the show.
<==================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================>
Mar 23, 2020 10:11 PM

Mar 2017
Jin is so unlikable that a Hitome Yena An 3some would be welcomed by even non yuri fans since they get along so much better than Jin does with anyone.

Hell Jin doesn't even deserve Ranka but she is the only one who even likes him.
Mar 23, 2020 10:16 PM
Aug 2017
This anime had a good run, insects next season! Im so happy this is getting another season
Mar 23, 2020 10:42 PM

Oct 2008
i vote for Fabre Gakuen, looks formidable!
5/5.
8/10.

Mar 23, 2020 10:57 PM
Dec 2019
Noy_Telinu said:
Jin is so unlikable that a Hitome Yena An 3some would be welcomed by even non yuri fans since they get along so much better than Jin does with anyone.

Hell Jin doesn't even deserve Ranka but she is the only one who even likes him.

Unpopular opinion or not, i don't care Jin was the best. Finally a tsundere mc who doesn't give a fuck and does not sugarcoat every conflict he is in, and even tho i prefer him with Ranka i'm glad he is actively persuing a relationship with Hitomi.

I'm sure now people will give me many other examples of this kind of mc but for me Jin was kinda unique.

the amount of bitching people made, not realizng that jin is a male tsundere is hilarious to me.

katsu044 said:
honestly this show was a blast and the funniest for me all season granted it had it's fair share of issues keeping it from getting any higher than a 7 with a extremely hate-able MC which rarely goes from a unlikeable asshole to just a asshole thankfully all the other characters make up for his faults and handling of some of the characters in a more problematic way some of those issues wouldn't be so bad if the characters weren't half humans .

also did not expect the amount of fanservice this show was gonna bring,also Hitomi didn't deserve all she got for being so pure and kind thinking aback this show ended up doing a lot to her and me just thinking wait what the hell did they "just drug her?"or like the first episode where she got all her clothes torn off it was things like that when i was feeling this isn't fun.

7/10 learned some stuff had some laughs even if that ending was super random it's never gonna happen because this is more like one of those's one off shows shame really
the mc is actually lovable
SekirodiealotoftMar 23, 2020 11:22 PM
Mar 23, 2020 11:50 PM

Jul 2012
This was all so stupid, the overall conflict, the way the premise was executed (especially when it comes with the sexy dimorphism shenanigans which really brought the series down to me more than anything), the generic harem-like antiques, the somewhat bland one note characters (except the Lion bro, that dude is awesome and the best part of the show)...

Despite being kind of bland himself, the protagonist being an absolute selfish asshole that hates most of the cast because of their different species also got some laughs from me and ironically enough was one of the more enjoyable parts of the anime imo.

And yet it kinda was MY kind of bad anime, and while the comedy wasn't exactly all that great it got quite a few laughs out of me and had some decent enough trivia (somewhat admitedly inaccurate at times however).

Definitely a guilty pleasure ride, but it wasn't what I would even call a mediocre anime despite its pros (the cons are just too many in my book, especially when I have better shows on my list that made something similar and was superior even comedy-wise).

4/10
I'll go read the mango and see if it's any better.
DanpmssMar 24, 2020 1:50 PM
Mar 24, 2020 12:21 AM
Jun 2017
Fanservice 11/10
Mar 24, 2020 2:31 AM

Oct 2019
interesting ending.
i hope there is a second season so we could see some insect girls lol
Mar 24, 2020 4:01 AM

May 2018
noooo it ended! Best comedy of the season for sure
Mar 24, 2020 4:28 AM
Feb 2019
Yeah this has a good conclusion for the extinct species arc (Idk the name of the arc) and I'm surprised that they used another arc for this because there should be an arc in which Lanka helps some type of kangaroo to regain their pack or club (the boxing club) that's been stolen by a stronger kangaroo or something. The two kangaroo would fight each other for the club yeah it's a shitty arc so I'm kinda glad that they just used this for the last episode of season 1 (I'm Hoping for season 2). I still have flaws with this show it's an *OK* show I guess?? The endings felt rushed but it's still ok and the character writing weren't all that much good or funny because trust me Meimei is the funniest character in the manga and also Jin's character is a more sadistic and rude in the manga but he still have those kind personality yeah classic tsudere traits (he's being called jindere by his club memebers) while in the anime version he is a too kind I guess that's not a bad thing but it's much more entertaining for me but still an enjoyable show it might have a generic and limited animation but it's educational and funny show so yeah a solid show for me one of my favorites in this season. An Ok animation with Ok writing and an entertaining story 6/10
Mar 24, 2020 4:32 AM
Feb 2019
Illyricus said:
Loli mammoth wasn't a thing I ever expected to see in an anime, but here we have... The boxing match was cool and wholesome, and we even had some neat fanservice, so it is all good. That plot twist at the end though, it seems we are even going to get insect girls (wonder if the special episode will treat about it).

Very fun show, even if it wasn't 100% faithful to the manga, I hope they do a second season at some point so we can see best girl

Vampire Bat indeed I'm glad I'm not the only one who's craving for a girl that started the covid 19
Mar 24, 2020 6:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow, what a surprising way to end the show! Mammoth was a loli, and she strong. Her appearance make me silent in about 5 secs and then say: WTF? Glad at last round, Ranka punch and win. What a match, an unbalance boxing at power aspects. I was not expecting she won like that, but yeah its for plot sake. A bit rushing episode, i guess. Even an opening music has gone, sighed. I dont feel any memorable momment in the end. The fan-service with the girls were just too much, tho. The comedy can not bring a happiness, i may say it cringe and crispies. Sad way to end this season just like that. Even a teaser for the next threat not fit my mood into watching this show again. What a shame! Well, Seton Gakuen, sayonara, and hopefully the OVA or specials, will bring back some fun this anime had before.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 24, 2020 7:34 AM

Mar 2015
I really enjoyed this anime, one of the bestestest of the season.
Mar 24, 2020 8:22 AM
Dec 2019
I hope we get a season 2
Mar 24, 2020 10:48 AM

Jan 2017
Well that was one super fun ride with Seton Academy, with that ending I hope that we will get a S2 soon.

Also Ranka is pure love!

Well deserved 8/10.
Mar 24, 2020 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
#lolimammoth is trending in this forum topic haha
Mar 24, 2020 3:41 PM

Jun 2019
I really like the ending but im not sure if they would be season 2 since the end of anime is different from the manga
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

163 by Daviljoe193 »»
Oct 22, 2023 11:02 PM

» any hype for this?

Kougeru - Dec 19, 2019

17 by Kougeru »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:44 AM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2020

54 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 4:44 AM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2020

70 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 1:50 AM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2020

51 by toralbabs »»
May 23, 2023 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.