Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Mar 22, 10:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
Hello,
After a whole lot of "Why you should watch One piece" articles and videos, i've finally decided to start watching it. So One Piece fans, is it any special tips, tricks or information I should know before watching the show?
Thank you for reading my post.
Because I wouldn't.
 
#2
Mar 22, 10:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 364
The trick is: stop watching One Piece
 
#3
Mar 22, 10:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 6481
Just be yourself.

///////////////
I feel death pinching me by the throat, or pulling me by the back.
 
#4
Mar 22, 10:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 73
Just one helpful tip....read the manga.
K-On! Is Objectively The Best Anime Of All Time.
 
#5
Mar 22, 10:59 AM
It's Art

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5914
Watch the 4Kids into, at least once. Then watch a fan made 4Kids intro for Evangelion.
 
#6
Mar 22, 11:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1055
Here's what I think after watching 320 episodes: Early episodes are extremely fun, goes downhill on sky island, picks up and becomes better than ever once that's over. Filler arcs contribute nothing to the experience and some of them are extremely poor.
MEA·MENTVLA·INCENS·EST
 
#7
Mar 22, 11:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2777
Just watch the movies in between every 50 episodes
 
#8
Mar 22, 11:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 638
If you are into manga, I'd suggest you read its manga tbh(that way you would be able to catch up pretty quickly) Just check the difference in scores between the manga and anime. Also, One piece anime progresses slowly.
 
#9
Mar 22, 11:03 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 89
Reading the Manga is definitely a better time investment, but if you're not into that, I'd say a tip you could use is to use the episode guide on One Piece wikia to keep you motivated: https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_Guide

It even informs you on what is filler and what is canon, if you're interested in that.
 
Mar 22, 11:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
SadisticSougo said:
Just one helpful tip....read the manga.

Well, the problem is that I don't find manga as enjoyable as anime. But if I would, i woulda totally went for that.
Thank you for reading my post.
Because I wouldn't.
 
Mar 22, 11:06 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 389
Up until episode 517, watch the anime (including the filler arcs because they're very good), then the pacing starts to slow down and you might get annoyed/lose interest. If that happens, then switch to either one of the following (or both):

1- The manga
2- One Pace

One Pace is basically a fan-edited version of One Piece where they remove every filler scene and stretched out scenes to make the pacing the same as the manga. It's pretty decent.

---

And never ever ever EVER search stuff about One Piece on the internet because then you're guaranteed to get spoiler bombed.
Everyone should read Tower of God.
 
Mar 22, 11:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
FacelessVixen said:
Watch the 4Kids into, at least once. Then watch a fan made 4Kids intro for Evangelion.
well well, that was... something...
Thank you for reading my post.
Because I wouldn't.
 
Mar 22, 11:07 AM

Online
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 258
-Watch the 4kids op
-Keep track of fillers
-Switch to the manga if you feel like the pacing is too slow for you.
 
Mar 22, 11:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 3459
Don't binge watch in a rush, take your time.
You can skip the intro, you could save a few minutes per episodes. (skip to title screen)
Skip the filler in the east blue arc (episode 50 something to 60 something). This is the worst filler ever,
The other fillers arcs are actually worth watching I recommend trying them and skip them only if they bore you.
 
Mar 22, 11:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 94
the manga is definitely better and much better an investment but if you'd like to watch the anime sites like https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Story_Arcs and https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/one-piece are extremely useful to filter out fillers.

Apart from that http://onepace.net/ is a shortened, compact version of the anime if you're not into big arcs with countless rambling.

More than anything, have fun. Whether you feel its excessively long or boring checking it out for a few eps wouldn't be bad.
 
Mar 22, 11:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
1Kyo said:
Reading the Manga is definitely a better time investment, but if you're not into that, I'd say a tip you could use is to use the episode guide on One Piece wikia to keep you motivated: https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_Guide

It even informs you on what is filler and what is canon, if you're interested in that.
Is the light blue arcs filler? Was a bit hard understanding the navigation.
Thank you for reading my post.
Because I wouldn't.
 
Mar 22, 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 2001
Hrybami said:
Don't binge watch in a rush, take your time.
You can skip the intro, you could save a few minutes per episodes. (skip to title screen)
Skip the filler in the east blue arc (episode 50 something to 60 something). This is the worst filler ever,
The other fillers arcs are actually worth watching I recommend trying them and skip them only if they bore you.

The filler with Apis was so boring.I regret having to sit though that,it was the most dragged out thing ever.
 
Mar 22, 11:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 46
No trick from me...I just love the show.

so yeah I used to spent 2-3 month back in 2011 just on the run whole day watching One Piece or gaming ...by that time the show is like 500+ of episodes.
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..
 
Mar 22, 11:13 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 117
Buy tons of energy drinks, cancel all upcoming events for atleast two months, buy a new comfortable sofa and start binging. It's really slowpaced and goingslow and steady with it isnt really a option
 
Mar 22, 11:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
nanimeanswhat said:
Up until episode 517, watch the anime (including the filler arcs because they're very good), then the pacing starts to slow down and you might get annoyed/lose interest. If that happens, then switch to either one of the following (or both):

1- The manga
2- One Pace

One Pace is basically a fan-edited version of One Piece where they remove every filler scene and stretched out scenes to make the pacing the same as the manga. It's pretty decent.

---

And never ever ever EVER search stuff about One Piece on the internet because then you're guaranteed to get spoiler bombed.

Where can i find the One pace version tho?
Thank you for reading my post.
Because I wouldn't.
 
Mar 22, 11:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 2001
Of course it's recommendable to skip some fillers but you don't need to skip all of them.The G-8 filler is extremely well regarded,so there is some really good ones in there that you wouldn´t want to miss out.
 
Mar 22, 11:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 3459
Missaliensan said:
Hrybami said:
Don't binge watch in a rush, take your time.
You can skip the intro, you could save a few minutes per episodes. (skip to title screen)
Skip the filler in the east blue arc (episode 50 something to 60 something). This is the worst filler ever,
The other fillers arcs are actually worth watching I recommend trying them and skip them only if they bore you.

The filler with Apis was so boring.I regret having to sit though that,it was the most dragged out thing ever.


Why did you have to watch it? lol just skip it
 
Mar 22, 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 2001
Hrybami said:
Missaliensan said:

The filler with Apis was so boring.I regret having to sit though that,it was the most dragged out thing ever.


Why did you have to watch it? lol just skip it

I really just wanted to sit through everything.I felt bad about skipping anything lol,i wanted to get the full experience.Which is why i went ahead and opted to watch the whole thing instead of watching a shortened version such as one pace.
 
Mar 22, 11:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
Zealox23 said:
Buy tons of energy drinks, cancel all upcoming events for atleast two months, buy a new comfortable sofa and start binging. It's really slowpaced and goingslow and steady with it isnt really a option

According to https://www.bingeclock.com/m/s/one-piece/ it takes just under 17 days to finish, sooo i could, now that it's corona holidays...
Thank you for reading my post.
Because I wouldn't.
 
Mar 22, 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 3459
x0e said:
nanimeanswhat said:
Up until episode 517, watch the anime (including the filler arcs because they're very good), then the pacing starts to slow down and you might get annoyed/lose interest. If that happens, then switch to either one of the following (or both):

1- The manga
2- One Pace

One Pace is basically a fan-edited version of One Piece where they remove every filler scene and stretched out scenes to make the pacing the same as the manga. It's pretty decent.

---

And never ever ever EVER search stuff about One Piece on the internet because then you're guaranteed to get spoiler bombed.

Where can i find the One pace version tho?


There are torrents available.
But I didn't recommend One Pace honestly. But to each their own I guess.
If you skip the intro to the title screen and you skip the outro. Each episodes last for 18 minutes approximately. Which is easier to watch and this way you could catch more quickly.

One Pace episode are 35-50 minutes of 2 or 3 episodes. It's kinda useless I think.
Modified by Hrybami, Mar 22, 11:24 AM
 
Mar 22, 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
Repporeeve said:
No trick from me...I just love the show.

so yeah I used to spent 2-3 month back in 2011 just on the run whole day watching One Piece or gaming ...by that time the show is like 500+ of episodes.

That actually sounds really relaxing...
Thank you for reading my post.
Because I wouldn't.
 
Mar 22, 11:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 1053
If you're into manga, I suggest you read the manga instead, and only watching specific scenes and arcs in the anime.

Modified by Gythia, Mar 22, 11:33 AM
 
Mar 22, 11:30 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 89
x0e said:
1Kyo said:
Reading the Manga is definitely a better time investment, but if you're not into that, I'd say a tip you could use is to use the episode guide on One Piece wikia to keep you motivated: https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_Guide

It even informs you on what is filler and what is canon, if you're interested in that.
Is the light blue arcs filler? Was a bit hard understanding the navigation.

Yes, everything marked blue is filler.
 
Mar 22, 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 3338
This self-isolation crap is really making people do some crazy shit...
1 hour = 10,000 yen.
2 hours = 20,000 yen.
3 hours = 3 loaves of French bread.
4 hours = 4 loaves of French bread.
 
Mar 22, 11:38 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 117
x0e said:
Zealox23 said:
Buy tons of energy drinks, cancel all upcoming events for atleast two months, buy a new comfortable sofa and start binging. It's really slowpaced and goingslow and steady with it isnt really a option

According to https://www.bingeclock.com/m/s/one-piece/ it takes just under 17 days to finish, sooo i could, now that it's corona holidays...
I mean sure you if you don't mind watching 18 hours a day for 17 days like a mad person. Fun fact it took me a whole month and a half last year to catch up and i was going way past binging capability to do that so good luck.
 
Mar 22, 11:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4512
Beyond episode 400 would recommend watching One Pace too, in the long run you save the time of 200+ episodes of Toei shinaneagans, it's crazy.
 
Mar 22, 11:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 46
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
This self-isolation crap is really making people do some crazy shit...



WHAT THE FUCK!!! TAKA-CHIN!!!!! NO MATTER WHAT I SEE THIS IS NOT TAKA-CHIN ISN''t IT ????!! AND 4 FRENCH BREAD FOR 4 HOURS!!! OMG!!!!!!!
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..
 
Mar 22, 11:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 923
As an anime watcher, I have only experienced it through the audiovisual media.

1. The show is really slowpaced, you could think twice about it, but if you go ahead, I'll recommend you to skip the filler arcs and skip the summary of the episodes at the beginning.

2. Reading the manga is such a greater option

3. The shorter version is another option, One Pace, despite being honest, I haven't tried it

4. The only relevant movies are "Stron World", "Film Z" and "Gold", the others are up to you
 
Mar 22, 11:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 46
x0e said:
Repporeeve said:
No trick from me...I just love the show.

so yeah I used to spent 2-3 month back in 2011 just on the run whole day watching One Piece or gaming ...by that time the show is like 500+ of episodes.

That actually sounds really relaxing...


Yes buddy! That time I have a part time job where I can just going to work whenever I want~yeap..hella snack,sweet,cola, and deepshit of depression? hell yeah!
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..
 
Mar 22, 11:54 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 46
Zealox23 said:
x0e said:

According to https://www.bingeclock.com/m/s/one-piece/ it takes just under 17 days to finish, sooo i could, now that it's corona holidays...
I mean sure you if you don't mind watching 18 hours a day for 17 days like a mad person. Fun fact it took me a whole month and a half last year to catch up and i was going way past binging capability to do that so good luck.



Lets try doing this again on full re-run Dragon Ball or Detective Conan?! XD
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..
 
Mar 22, 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 4452
instead of watching 1 episode a day, watch 2-3 a day for a better experience
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro


Houseki no Kuni Club

My random anime ramblings blog on MAL
 
Mar 22, 12:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 46
2-3 a day?


HOW ABOUT 12-15episodes a day?
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..
 
Mar 22, 12:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 5227
Take your time and don't ever force yourself to watch if you no longer want to continue. Take a break, watch other anime. It would be a very very long journey. So, don't push yourself just to catch up asap.

I haven't watched One Piece for years. The last episode I watched was episode 706. And I'm fine by it. Only know that I'll eventually continue once I got the mood.

I took one super long break just before Sabaody. About one or two years. And then I picked up again until I reached Dressrosa iirc.

I didn't remember much but I did took breaks and taking my time in watching it. I watched it per arc. That's how I usually watch long running.
 
Mar 22, 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 389
x0e said:
nanimeanswhat said:
Up until episode 517, watch the anime (including the filler arcs because they're very good), then the pacing starts to slow down and you might get annoyed/lose interest. If that happens, then switch to either one of the following (or both):

1- The manga
2- One Pace

One Pace is basically a fan-edited version of One Piece where they remove every filler scene and stretched out scenes to make the pacing the same as the manga. It's pretty decent.

---

And never ever ever EVER search stuff about One Piece on the internet because then you're guaranteed to get spoiler bombed.

Where can i find the One pace version tho?


Just write One Pace in google and you'll be fine.
Everyone should read Tower of God.
 
Mar 22, 12:16 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 117
Repporeeve said:
Zealox23 said:
I mean sure you if you don't mind watching 18 hours a day for 17 days like a mad person. Fun fact it took me a whole month and a half last year to catch up and i was going way past binging capability to do that so good luck.



Lets try doing this again on full re-run Dragon Ball or Detective Conan?! XD
Dragon ball..................................
 
Mar 22, 12:17 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 2622
The trick is to read One Piece, not watch it.
 
Mar 22, 12:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 46
Zealox23 said:
Repporeeve said:



Lets try doing this again on full re-run Dragon Ball or Detective Conan?! XD
Dragon ball..................................



Yyyeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss............... ~~ XD
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..
 
Mar 22, 12:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 46
Zealox23 said:
Repporeeve said:



Lets try doing this again on full re-run Dragon Ball or Detective Conan?! XD
Dragon ball..................................



Yeeeeeeeeeeess~~ the whole of em re-run... XD
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..
 
Mar 22, 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 1269
For me it was a great experience plus you started at a time where there are 900+ episodes already aired lol, if you ever find the animation bad just keep on watching it will get better and better, but yea there are some fillers that are dumb but for me i never skipped them there are some funny moments and good fights in them so i recommend you watch them.

 
Mar 22, 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 16595
Everything I wanted to say was already mentioned, just here to congratulate you.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake.

 
Mar 22, 12:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1949
It started off a little slow for me, like it picked up at around episode 20 with the Baratie Arc. I feel like the longer the show goes on for the better it gets. Just my opinion as I am not caught up or anything and am at almost episode 700 so I can't talk for the later arcs.
Modified by Seven, Mar 22, 12:42 PM
 
Mar 22, 12:32 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 117
Repporeeve said:
Zealox23 said:
Dragon ball..................................



Yeeeeeeeeeeess~~ the whole of em re-run... XD
yo what is going on here i dont understand
 
Mar 22, 12:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 496
You make it sound like there's some sort of skill curve to watching anime.
 
Mar 22, 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 631
I re-started One Piece at ep 18 a few months back (not re-watching it, I started watching last year and put it on hold at episode 17) and have been watching a few eps a day for the last while. It's classic fun shounen, with some of the best villains I've ever come across.

Recently, since ep 60 I've been getting more and more into the storyline and character back stories, so I've found myself spending hours at a time binge watching. I'm only at ep 89 atm & am look forward to meeting all the crew members and finding out where the next adventure will lead the Straw Hat Pirates.

There's never been a better time to get into a long running shounen and try and catch up to everyone else.
 
Mar 22, 12:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 46
23feanor said:
I re-started One Piece at ep 18 a few months back (not re-watching it, I started watching last year and put it on hold at episode 17) and have been watching a few eps a day for the last while. It's classic fun shounen, with some of the best villains I've ever come across.

Recently, since ep 60 I've been getting more and more into the storyline and character back stories, so I've found myself spending hours at a time binge watching. I'm only at ep 89 atm & am look forward to meeting all the crew members and finding out where the next adventure will lead the Straw Hat Pirates.

There's never been a better time to get into a long running shounen and try and catch up to everyone else.



I mean It's good anime after all isn't it?quite decent storyline and comical despite there is few little cliche but totally worth it than other long run shounen.
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »