Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2020 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
> Let's live together

Emma trying to win with words but honestly, I just have a weird feeling about this chapter in general with the negotation. Can't say I'm really surprised by her words though.
Mar 22, 2020 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
Is it my idea or in that chapter do they mention the Coronavirus?
Mar 22, 2020 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
Another week hoping for TPN to regain its original form, another disappointment.

What’s there to talk about? Shoot the fucker. This is a guy who has no qualms with murdering thousands to accomplish his goals, do you a supposed genius, really think he can be negotiated with? But of course, there’s no need to fear. There’s no stakes anymore in this series so everything will magically work out fine for Emma and the gang. Peter will be rehabilitated and they’ll all live happily ever after.

Jesus Christ, where’s the actual thrill in this series anymore? It’s gone from a steak and lobster me to a White Castle. There’s nothing engaging me other than my desire to find out what Emma’s promise is with the Demon God and what its name is.

That’s not to say that people dying is necessarily an indication of a good series or story, but the entire appeal of the hugely popular season of the anime was the fact that it was a Sci fi thriller. You didn’t know what the outside world was like, if it even existed, who Isabella was, what those monsters were and why kids were getting shipped off etc. There was always that feeling of you being on edge and fearing for what happens in the next moment. That doesn’t exist now.

Well, when that’s gone, you’ve still got the characters to fall back on, right? Wrong. Because the writing for said characters has also deteriorated. Norman went from being a very interesting villain who could’ve had an amazing ideological showdown with his former friends ala Eren Yeager, to some generic victim of talk no jutsu. I could go on and on, I really love the series that’s why I’m able to write so much on it. I’m just sad at its form.
Mar 22, 2020 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
CECB said:

They mention it in the graffiti.
Mar 22, 2020 10:57 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
I'll admit this was one of Emma's better speeches. Not super original. I couldn't help but want to comment "Because I was born in this world" with all the talk about freedom. At least she harbors some hatred. Anyway loved the cover art and nice coronavirus reference (totally not gonna date this chapter).
Mar 22, 2020 11:07 AM
Sep 2019
her speech was fine, until the author put up a panel lazily depicting our reality. The Promised Neverland has just thrown its thematic approach in the trash, the manga has always approached his criticism in a subtle way, since portraying in an alternative universe not different from where we live, the conversations were symbolic, now putting this panel depicting our world was forced and nothing subtle, it seems very much that the author wants to throw his criticism in your face, as if the reader were stupid not to mirror the discussions of this manga in our daily lives.
Mar 22, 2020 3:05 PM

Apr 2017
I thought Peter Ratri would success about his plan of killing Emma to void the promise but it went to an opposite direction. Emma wanted to move him to the different side with her speech which I have encountered among similar materials already.
Mar 22, 2020 3:44 PM

Jul 2010
Let's be honest, if Ratri killed Emma, it would be too realistic and dark for this fairy-tale. I don't expect any plot twists until the final Promise revelation.
Mar 22, 2020 5:34 PM
Mar 2015
Emma offers Ratri a way out
Mar 22, 2020 5:44 PM

Dec 2013
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Emma is trying to save Ratri. I don't think he's going to actually let himself be saved that easily tho
Mar 22, 2020 7:14 PM

Mar 2015
this is just nonsense. wtf.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 22, 2020 9:47 PM

Oct 2017
CECB said:

I came to this thread to see if anyone else noticed! Freaked me out tbh haha
Mar 22, 2020 10:50 PM

May 2018
CashewCheese said:
CECB said:

I came here if someone noticed too :)
Mar 22, 2020 11:27 PM

May 2007
Talk no Jutsu -_-

I really miss the intensity of the first arc.

Mar 23, 2020 6:36 AM

Oct 2017
XxLiaxX said:
CashewCheese said:

I came here if someone noticed too :)

Same lol, I didn't expect to see the Coronavirus mentioned in the manga
Mar 23, 2020 10:42 AM

Jun 2017
Emma u srs...

(thought it was pretty bold to include a coronavirus refence lol)
Mar 23, 2020 1:17 PM

Jan 2013
Boooooring and horrible. What a bunch of non sense and way to ruin the entire premise and point of the show.
Mar 24, 2020 1:26 PM

Sep 2017
The last bit respect I had for this series disappeared with the return of Lewis, now I'm on idgaf-mode reading chapters in <2 min., bye.

Apr 1, 2020 12:37 PM

Oct 2017
Nothing new Emma always was like this. Anyway I dun think Ratri will say yes.
Apr 4, 2020 12:04 AM
Aug 2019
Welp, I'm never reading forums again. "Waaaah my respect gone, they no kill no more". Oh, here's an idea maybe stop reading if you don't like it. Yes yes the first arc was amazing, it's true, but guess what this arc has been very thrilling and interesting as well. Go back to reading Demon Slayer if you can't handle an actual good story.
May 6, 2020 6:05 AM

May 2016
It was weird to see a Kung Flu reference in a manga, that's for sure. The part where they showed real-life parallels instead of the many different struggles both humans and demons are facing in their world in Emma's speech was a bit unnecessary to be honest.

I liked her overall message though. Even though there's hate in her heart for everything the enemy's done to them, she decided to not let it consume her just for the sake of taking revenge. It's a lot easier for her to go down this route since an actual solution to all their problems is an actual option for them to choose but I digress. I'm curious on what the promise entails...

May 28, 2020 8:42 AM

Jun 2017
Lol! By the end of the story, Emma will become a saint!🤣🤣🙄

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jun 29, 2020 7:13 PM

Mar 2019
These past few chapters and maybe before have made the Demons' physical strength into a joke for starters. Imagine all the people. "I just want all of us to get along," That would be nice.

ITT someone has missed the point of the show.

Although TPN is really going back and forth on this lol. Next chapter.
Oct 6, 2020 2:29 PM

Jan 2019
Weeklytoaster said:
Welp, I'm never reading forums again. "Waaaah my respect gone, they no kill no more". Oh, here's an idea maybe stop reading if you don't like it. Yes yes the first arc was amazing, it's true, but guess what this arc has been very thrilling and interesting as well. Go back to reading Demon Slayer if you can't handle an actual good story.

"Stop reading if you don't like it"

Smh what a stupid thing to answer to someone criticizing some work
Mar 19, 2021 2:25 PM

Jan 2019
God, Emma is so pathetic... I hate how everything revolves around what she wants and everyone else magically agree with her.
Nov 5, 2021 2:18 PM
Jun 2021
Weeklytoaster said:

people like u give amazing stories turn to shit cause of this argument. smh
Aug 30, 2023 7:44 PM
Jul 2017
awful talk no jutsu, i really hope emma dies 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by Jonas1402 »»
Apr 8, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 45 Discussion

zal - Jun 29, 2017

27 by luv_for_anime »»
Mar 23, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 20 Discussion

ichii_1 - Dec 26, 2016

19 by instantzoso »»
Mar 18, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

23 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 6, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2017

40 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 5, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.