Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Is this season going to be underrated and underwatched?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 6, 2020 8:12 PM

Aug 2017
GrimorumInvoke said:

I am the exception I guess.
I never read the manga and I am a huge fan of Kingdom.
Yes, the CGI was poor, but the voice acting and story more than made up for it.

Makes sense. That's really the main reason to follow Kingdom in the first place, but the main reason I think there aren't that many anime-only fans is how long the gap between seasons 2 and the current season 3 has been. Most people who were genuinely interested made the switch, considering there wasn't any information on season 3 for quite a while. Kudos for hanging in there though, and hope you enjoy what's to come.
Apr 6, 2020 11:31 PM

Dec 2017
I think it just lacks exposure. I didn't know it exists until just recently when I was checking up the airing anime to watch in this new season. The poster of this series caught my interest because I think the art looks amazing.

VortexOfLight said:
GrimorumInvoke said:

I am the exception I guess.
I never read the manga and I am a huge fan of Kingdom.
Yes, the CGI was poor, but the voice acting and story more than made up for it.

Makes sense. That's really the main reason to follow Kingdom in the first place, but the main reason I think there aren't that many anime-only fans is how long the gap between seasons 2 and the current season 3 has been. Most people who were genuinely interested made the switch, considering there wasn't any information on season 3 for quite a while. Kudos for hanging in there though, and hope you enjoy what's to come.
Is this series similar to Golden Kamuy or Vinland Saga? I can tolerate CGI scenes problem if the story (other aspects) can make up for it.
*sigh* I'm kinda desperate because the series in this season are mostly sequels that I have never watched prior.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 7, 2020 10:59 AM

May 2018
It's the 3rd season so it's normal there wouldn't be that much people watching it. I don't really care there's not many people watching it in MAL because success in Japan is what matter and this franchise already has commercial success in Japan.
Apr 7, 2020 8:50 PM
Sep 2018
electromagneto said:
I think it just lacks exposure. I didn't know it exists until just recently when I was checking up the airing anime to watch in this new season. The poster of this series caught my interest because I think the art looks amazing.

VortexOfLight said:

Is this series similar to Golden Kamuy or Vinland Saga? I can tolerate CGI scenes problem if the story (other aspects) can make up for it.
*sigh* I'm kinda desperate because the series in this season are mostly sequels that I have never watched prior.

Story is much more complex than VS and GK. Yet you will definitely feel the thrill.
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Apr 8, 2020 7:02 AM

Dec 2017
@Ciezul Oh, that's a good news for me. Thanks!
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 8, 2020 11:50 AM

Nov 2018
This season won't get much attention because hardly anyone's seen the first two seasons, myself included. Unless some spectacle comes out of one the episodes, it'll be a long time before more people will watch the series.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Apr 8, 2020 11:20 PM

Mar 2017
Meh. I want long running medieval-ish war dramas with big set piece battles and unfortunately, this is probably as good as it gets for now so I kept watching purely for popcorn value.

Though calling this a war drama is just hilariously wrong on my part. This is a hamfisted shounen shouting at the top of its lungs and the only thing it hasn't done yet to my knowledge is to call out attack moves like they're fucking Goku and Vegeta. These guys act like logistics is not even a consideration, doles sieges at a rate that would make Sun Tzu burst a vein or five, and performs political machinations by simply having the set characters stroke their beards and pontificate.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Apr 9, 2020 8:52 AM

Apr 2016
I didn't watch the previous seasons because after watching some random episodes I didn't feel invested into the anime but I think I'll watch this new season because this one is the best arc in the manga, from my point of view. I hope this one spur me to watch previous seasons as well. So, the reason of the lack of attention to this series is due to the not good previous seasons, or at least that's what I believe.
Apr 11, 2020 5:40 AM

May 2018

It's currently top airing anime now.At number 1.
https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=airing
Apr 11, 2020 7:13 AM
Apr 2018
I think (as a common sense), many have gotten into this ANIME. So hopefully this season will be watched by many.
Apr 11, 2020 12:38 PM

Jun 2019
+8.50 and underrated or hated, huh? Kaguya is super hyped and is below 8...

The first seasons are simply not very popular. But seeing it in top position should bring new viewers hopefully.
Apr 12, 2020 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Gorochu said:

It's currently top airing anime now.At number 1.
https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=airing

Kaguya now 8.80, so it was nice while it lasted.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 15, 2020 12:47 PM

Nov 2013
I doubt it will be underrated, but yeah, mostly just the manga fans will watch it, which sadly isn't really isn't as large fanbase as it could be.
You all need to watch Nami.

Apr 17, 2020 10:40 AM
Apr 2018
As you can see its made by a new studio and by the looks of it they know better how to do an epic anime

hey they were smart enough to get Hiroyuki Sawano lol

So for the music alone it's worth watching
Apr 17, 2020 8:30 PM

Sep 2014
Since I don't read manga I'd have to watch season 1 of this show and that's probably not going to happen. I've watched bad animation/CGI before but that was on a different level.

So in reality, it's the prequels that are lacking hype.
Apr 22, 2020 6:36 AM

Sep 2014
@Darken365 Is there any romance in the show?
Apr 22, 2020 5:28 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
cHowaito said:
Watching this show for romance will leave you utterly disappointed. There is barely any romance.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 22, 2020 11:53 PM
Jan 2014
cchigu said:
cHowaito said:
Watching this show for romance will leave you utterly disappointed. There is barely any romance.
I respectfully disagree. There is some degree of romance in nearly all of the, if not all, arcs. Season 1 was Ouki and his fiance, season 2 was Sei and the harem girl/Queen and Lu Bui, etc. This is also true for the manga. Sure the romance is overshadowed by all of the action but to say there is barely any romance is simply not true.
BananaIcemanApr 23, 2020 12:00 AM
May 5, 2020 4:56 AM

Sep 2014
Darken365 said:
cHowaito said:

O man you want romance? Well I can say early on its quite bare but season 2 on the other hand, hold on to your drink. Image incoming:

Not sure... Is there a good amount of romance s2? What about s3? I'm gonna have a hard time watching it if all the MC's are male and it's all about brotherhood or stuff like that as it wasn't able catch my interest as it is. Do we frequently see romance scenes, does the romantic relationship (if they exist and are it's romance involving the Main Character) last or is it over after s2 because of some gruesome death...?

Regardless if it's true or false, use the spoiler tag for your next answer please. Sorry for asking too much.
May 6, 2020 10:02 AM

Jul 2019
1. Lack of hype- Yes, in comparison to many other high rated shows.
2. This much hate- No, the hate isn't much in comparison to many other high rated shows.
3. Underwatched- Yes, in comparison to many other high rated shows.
4. Underrated- No, it has a high score from long time now. So, how it's underrated?
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
May 6, 2020 2:26 PM

Sep 2014

Hmm, that doesn't sound bad. I might watch it someday. Thank you for your help, bro.
May 25, 2020 11:48 AM
Feb 2018
How much material will they be covering in this season any ideas??

Will they reach somewhere we're in the manga right now?
May 25, 2020 7:03 PM

Oct 2017
Its because the studio fucked up the first two seasons so people stopped caring. Its a huge shame since Kingdom had the potential to be a very popular and successful anime..the source material is amazing
Jun 2, 2020 10:35 AM

Feb 2019
I hope it's gonna be populair like Vinland. It's an amazing manga. I know that first season ain't that good, but this looks promising.
Jun 4, 2020 1:16 AM

Aug 2018
A_silent_Being said:
How much material will they be covering in this season any ideas??

Will they reach somewhere we're in the manga right now?
no way jose, manga is waaaaay up ahead
Enjoy the ride...
Jun 4, 2020 1:27 AM

Aug 2018
Giving an anime that would already be niche a messy CG adaptation is not going to do it any favours.
_______I like rocks__
Jul 1, 2020 5:04 PM
Jul 2020
Because many webbbs like anime that have boobs and story that not even make sense.that why anime like kingdom and Arslan senki underatted
Jul 17, 2020 8:11 AM

Apr 2009
Its actaully doing decently?
Dec 17, 2020 4:06 AM

Jan 2018
As an anime only, Kingdom S1 and S2 are great.Its the reason i was hooked to this. In fact, i find s3 weird because of the changes in drawing. So those who saying it suck is stupid.
Jan 5, 2021 7:04 AM

Mar 2016
Just my personal take here.

Tbf, Kingdom isn’t exactly a shounen manga, hence a much notably smaller demographic compared to something like AoT or BHA. Though I will say that the adaptations have hilariously “shounen-fied”, which really takes away from the more genuinely serious tones of the source material and makes it look more like bombastic displays of military fights (like, cmon, there’s literally swole af commanders whose superhuman strength are not far off from someone like Thorkell in Vinland Saga or Luu Buu from Dynasty Warriors). This can inevitably put off many people cause of how it keeps doing that

I’m personally not exactly enjoying the manga as much as most people here and really don’t approve of how the adaptations depicted things (especially the first two seasons which looked awful visually). But even disregarding my own opinion, it should be quite clear why Kingdom doesn’t have a big enough demographic to address the primary issues discussed in the OP.
Mar 30, 2021 8:28 PM
Mar 2016
[quote=Darken365 message=59573027]Its probably because most people skipped Kingdom after the first few episodes of season 1. They didn't stick to it to when the production quality started getting ramped up. If you really really like Kingdom then just do your part and buy the blurays.

I just want the manga to come over to north america at this point. I will gladly buy all 60+ volumes even if it means I'll be broke.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» A question? (Contains Spoilers)

MrPerfectGamer - Sep 13, 2021

14 by MrPerfectGamer »»
Apr 11, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2020

50 by Blizzard510992 »»
Apr 6, 1:34 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 3rd Season Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2021

47 by nejianimes »»
Mar 30, 5:25 AM

» Will we see Lei Quiang any this season?

Killuan - Apr 25, 2020

12 by Nehzuko »»
Feb 23, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 3rd Season Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2021

48 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 6, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.