Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mar 21, 9:54 AM

So I just noticed something about episode 286 where it seems that the BD version changed something compared to the TV version (I'm guessing).

Are there a lot more differences like this in the entirety of Gintama, I can't seem to find any answers regarding changes to the episodes anywhere.
Modified by PrOxAnto, Mar 22, 7:43 AM

Mar 21, 11:17 AM

There are very few changes and only for comedic scenes.

The biggest thing that was cut was Gintoki fantasizing about having sex at the first episode of "Courtesan of a Nation Arc" (episode 257), that was 1+ minute of content and 1 scene in "Kintama arc" but i can't recall what was it.

Ather then that only some censored single shots.

Mar 21, 6:44 PM

YatoX5 said:

The biggest thing that was cut was Gintoki fantasizing about having sex at the first episode of "Courtesan of a Nation Arc" (episode 257), that was 1+ minute of content and 1 scene in "Kintama arc" but i can't recall what was it.

Appreciate the quick answer!
Do you happen to have a list with all the changes since you listed this specific change?
That way I'll know what episodes I have to look out for :)

Mar 22, 5:00 AM

PrOxAnto said:
YatoX5 said:

Appreciate the quick answer!
Do you happen to have a list with all the changes since you listed this specific change?
That way I'll know what episodes I have to look out for :)

Unfortunately no. I only watch uncensored 2011 and half of 2015 season and that all i catch. I don't think they would have to censure anything from season 2017 and seasons after that since episodes were broadcasted late at night.

For the episode i mentioned earlier in "Kintama arc" i looked it up and it was scene from episode 255 around 12 minutes (Madao and tsukuyo scene).
Modified by YatoX5, Mar 22, 5:09 AM

Mar 22, 5:06 AM

One of the most infamous changes was in episode 232 where an entire joke segment was turned into giant black boxes and neverending beeps
MEA·MENTVLA·INCENS·EST