Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 21, 2020 8:41 AM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First six episodes were released on Netflix in Japan on March 21.

Michiru finds her school friend Nazuna, which is a part of Ginro cult that is being shunned by Anima City's society. Nazuna having a dream of becoming an idol feels comfortable in the position of "Ginro". also by the looks of it, seems like Nazuna is being manipulated by the cult leader Boris, as the episode leaves off on a cliffhanger

have a feeling like this whole cultist ordeal won't go any longer than for one more episode. the big bad of the show still seems to be Sylvasta
Mar 23, 2020 4:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
She found her friend again but she's part of a weird cult, that's sad, and she shouldn't trust her, I feel like she'll betray her soon.
Mar 23, 2020 7:56 AM

Jan 2014
Seems like her friend has gotten her dream, and it's clearly gone to her head. Pretty much just thrown that friendship away oof.

Also 'full transformation.' Makes me wonder if Michi will be able to do the same soon? Considering both were former humans turned beastmen.
Mar 23, 2020 7:59 AM

Jan 2016
great ep. I liked Nazuna but ugh she went evil. Sad Michiru doen't have even Shirou now. Great twist about Ginrou
Mar 23, 2020 8:08 AM

Jan 2015
Aand the plot thickens. Great episode.
I expected Nazuna to be brainwashed by her own dream. It’s something a lot of people do.
I knew something was coming, but didn’t expect her to be as selfish as she is, damn.

Michiru might need new friends
Mar 23, 2020 10:20 AM

May 2016
so does that mean the anime continue in April from episode 7 ?? or it will start from the first episode and wait a whole month for watching it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2020 11:00 AM

Dec 2017
Crew0X said:
so does that mean the anime continue in April from episode 7 ?? or it will start from the first episode and wait a whole month for watching it

i assume, it should start from episode 1, since this time it'll be TV airing
Mar 23, 2020 12:38 PM

Jun 2013
she finally met her friend but she went to the dark side
Mar 23, 2020 1:08 PM

Jul 2015
I thought Maria Naganawa is destined to voice only loli characters, because she definitely is the best at it in anime industry, but she nails such character as well.

Mar 23, 2020 1:15 PM
Oct 2017
Looks like truck-kun struck again. Nazuma and Michiru both got into the same accident, both got treated at the same hospital, then both got powers.
Mar 23, 2020 2:27 PM

Apr 2018
Silverthedragon said:
Looks like truck-kun struck again. Nazuma and Michiru both got into the same accident, both got treated at the same hospital, then both got powers.

There's a possibility that the treatment they received after a near-death situation might be the reason why both of them became beastmen PLUS some sort of talent (shapeshifting Nazuna and Empowerment Michiru)... it makes me hyper to know the answer!
Mar 23, 2020 3:46 PM

Jan 2009
damn Michiru got heartbroken her friend Nazuna is no longer the friend she use to know

and both Michiru and Nazuna are shape shifter type of beastman basically they are the Brand New Animal

and why Shiro just do not say he is the real Ginro-sama anyway that the beastmen are worshiping as their god
Mar 23, 2020 4:05 PM

Jan 2020
"Jumping in based on conclusions, deciding to pity someone all by yourself, and thinking about saving someone just like that." 21:30

Finally, Michiru might get some character development hopefully.
Mar 23, 2020 4:30 PM

Nov 2016
Seems like Nazuna has stockholm syndrome towards the definitely creepy cult leader guy, and her dreams of being an idol got to her head. She calls Michiru dumb, but she's definitely no better since she's trusting literally the shadiest cult ever.

While Nazuna was definitely right about Michiru jumping to conclusions, Nazuna herself made practically no effort to tell Michiru that she wanted to stay into the cult anyway, before they went to the Mayor. So Nazuna basically let Michiru make those assumptions. I have the feeling that Nazuna did that on purpose.
Don't question my antics.
Mar 23, 2020 5:39 PM
Dec 2018
LilyWhiteheart said:
Silverthedragon said:

There's a possibility that the treatment they received after a near-death situation might be the reason why both of them became beastmen PLUS some sort of talent (shapeshifting Nazuna and Empowerment Michiru)... it makes me hyper to know the answer!

Maybe some Tokyo Ghoul like shit? Like, they got some beasty organs transplanted.
Mar 23, 2020 10:08 PM

Nov 2016
Hiddenface72 said:
LilyWhiteheart said:

Maybe some Tokyo Ghoul like shit? Like, they got some beasty organs transplanted.

Maybe, that sounds Trigger-esque. But I have the feeling that whatever happened to them was intentional, i.e. experimentation instead of something accidental like what happened in Tokyo Ghoul. The scientists recognising Michiru pretty much supports that.
Don't question my antics.
Mar 23, 2020 11:29 PM

Aug 2016
Who the hell is Boris's voice actor? I want to say Takehito Koyasu but I'm not entirely sure.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Mar 24, 2020 7:34 AM

Jul 2017
Michiru's one and only friend Nazuna shows up this episode, but the result of her abduction ends her up the same way she is now.

And a cult made to emblazon silver wolf Ginrou by having some spokesperson do bidding...that was Nazuna? Quite surprised though that her beastmen transformation was faster than Michiru's although she got abducted in the blink of an eye.

Nevertheless, their good times as humans before are drastically different from current beastmen life. And instead, Michiru decides to join her even if it means her naivety serving the friendship purpose.

It's good (and bad) that Animacity refuses cults like the Silver Wolf Order cult, playing upon the roots of their ancestor Ginrou. Michiru bringing Nazuna straight to Mayor Rose isn't much the problem, the root of it lying with how Nazuna psychologically played with Michiru's good thoughts, even before all this happened, time and time again.

The friend she had in her human days, the beastmen world turning all that to naught with the sly fox waltz. Michiru has no choice but to go at it alone.
Mar 24, 2020 2:17 PM

Apr 2018
Agent_of_Maine said:
Hiddenface72 said:

Maybe, that sounds Trigger-esque. But I have the feeling that whatever happened to them was intentional, i.e. experimentation instead of something accidental like what happened in Tokyo Ghoul. The scientists recognising Michiru pretty much supports that.

Well, it might have been accidental but they got a real demonstration of whatever and that would explain how only Nazuna was taken away to that laboratory (or whatever it was); on the other hand, they might have given both something intentional using both as test subjects and just tossed Michiru aside as "she didn't develop" what they wanted [though, it just had a delayed response]
Mar 24, 2020 6:32 PM
May 2016
And back to mediocrity again, so the last time you see your friend she's being kidnapped you both been turned into beast people and she is acting all weird and part of a cult run by some shady guy and you just accept she's fine because she wants to be an idol? the girl whose life you saved? Not acting like herself...geez what a crap friend Michiru is, or they both are though since I assume Nazuna is brainwashed and Michiru isn't, Nazuna can be excused. Michiru cared more about the bear this episode.
Mar 24, 2020 8:12 PM

Aug 2016
Griffith: Dont you have dreams, Guts? I want to be an ido... I Mean, I want my own kingdom

Guts: Nazunaaaaaaa!!!!
:v
Mar 25, 2020 12:50 AM

Feb 2018
Agent_of_Maine said:
Hiddenface72 said:

Done by the shadiest hospital, SYLVASTA Pharmaceutics.
\
Ep 3 gives a hint, "This is all because of YOU!!"
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Mar 25, 2020 12:53 AM

Feb 2018
MenchiK1 said:
And back to mediocrity again, so the last time you see your friend she's being kidnapped you both been turned into beast people and she is acting all weird and part of a cult run by some shady guy and you just accept she's fine because she wants to be an idol? the girl whose life you saved? Not acting like herself...geez what a crap friend Michiru is, or they both are though since I assume Nazuna is brainwashed and Michiru isn't, Nazuna can be excused. Michiru cared more about the bear this episode.

Hey r you kidding?? The way you r projecting the fault on Michiro is plain ridiculous!!
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Mar 25, 2020 5:56 AM

Oct 2018
Great episode, as all the others. I'm enjoying this anime so much so far, can't wait for the next episode!
See you guys in 2 months, when episode 7 will air.
-Aincrad-Mar 25, 2020 6:00 AM
Mar 25, 2020 6:35 AM

Jan 2017
This might be a good turning point for Michiru, she might finally understand how naive she was this whole time.

Well see you in 2 months BNA!

PS
We know how many episode there will be in total?
Mar 25, 2020 8:01 AM

Oct 2018
Dudi4PoLFr said:
This might be a good turning point for Michiru, she might finally understand how naive she was this whole time.

PS

We don't know, but it's definitely gonna be 2 cours(at least). Judging by these 6 episodes, there isn't any way this can end in 6-7 more episodes
Mar 25, 2020 8:57 AM
Jul 2019
Man, do they really have to pre-aired half of the series????
Mar 25, 2020 9:59 AM

Dec 2017
@Dudi4PoLFr @-Aincrad- Trigger has more one cour than two cour shows, but that ofc is not an indicator. to me this feels more like a one cour show tbh, they've established the world a bit, the people that live in it, if starting from ep 7 it goes full on plot then it could end on ep 12-13
Mar 25, 2020 2:53 PM

Aug 2016
Nazuna and Shirou are interesting characters. I'm excited to see more of them. Nazuna's discussion with the mayor made me like her even more. That's why I hope Nazuna interacts with Shirou soon after the episode catch up.

Nazuna was correct about Michiru. Nazuna has become an idol. Something she always wanted. Though it may cost her in end. She never asked for Michiru's help. Michiru made assumptions and then was disappointed when her assumptions were wrong. Michiru doesn't like change and wants every to think as she does. It'll be interesting to see if Michiru grows and changes or if the characters will just end up following her at the end.

Also, Boris will be the serpent in SYLVASTA dysfunctional Eden.

Am I the only one that sees the Ancient One from Dr. Strange whenever Mayor Rose is on screen?
Mar 25, 2020 11:05 PM
Jul 2017
I feel like it’s transformation of beast man, age, and idealism established by the self and what it wants. Like how Michiru transforms from not liking the tanuki transformation to now viewing it as fun and convenient. With the introduction of Nazuna, so far it pushes the expectation that she has accomplished what she wants and there are bigger plans with the cult and the other parts of Animacity.
Mar 26, 2020 1:34 AM
Dec 2015
After the first couple of episodes ever since Michiru learned how to use her powers, I've been slowly gravitating towards the show a lot more than previously. The visuals are obviously classic Studio Trigger but the story is where it fascinates me really well. The pharmaceutical company Sylvasta is obviously involved in this since they know about Michiru and if my thinking cap is on right, I believe something happened to both her and Nizuno right after their accident. Only time will tell how the strange incident came to be and I hope it continues to keep the suspense as it has my interest so far.
Mar 26, 2020 6:00 AM

Jan 2015
uninstallthegame said:
@Dudi4PoLFr @-Aincrad- Trigger has more one cour than two cour shows, but that ofc is not an indicator. to me this feels more like a one cour show tbh, they've established the world a bit, the people that live in it, if starting from ep 7 it goes full on plot then it could end on ep 12-13

Usually when a studio pre-air such an amount of episodes before the actual release, it most likely is a 2-cour show. Moreover, Trigger originals are mostly 24 episodes.
Kinda positive this is gonna be 2-cour, also by the pacing can be guessed this ain’t gonna end in 6 or 7 episodes
XenocrisiMar 26, 2020 6:03 AM
Mar 26, 2020 12:35 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
-Aincrad- said:
Dudi4PoLFr said:

PS

We don't know, but it's definitely gonna be 2 cours(at least). Judging by these 6 episodes, there isn't any way this can end in 6-7 more episodes

No its definitly not more than 13 episodes. Because the airing block it will be airing on TV (+Ultra) is gonna have another anime to take its place in Summer AND Fall (Great Pretender)

Now a second season? It could be possible but that's the best you can expect. 13 episodes + a sequel.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 26, 2020 4:46 PM

May 2009
And now we have to wait till May 20 for 7th episode
Mar 26, 2020 7:03 PM
Aug 2014
Did anyone else get the idea that Nazuna wanted to get hit by that truck?

Pairing up those words with that scene seem to lend that idea
orangeandblack5Mar 29, 2020 7:45 AM
Mar 27, 2020 3:07 AM
Mar 2020
Okay, this Nazuna is pretty interesting character. Not an indocrinated cult follwer, but a manipulating schemer who of course is being manipulated in turn.

And it looks like the treatment from that truck incident was what turned them both into animals.
Mar 27, 2020 11:09 AM
May 2016
Man the whole thing with Nazuna caught me off-guard, looks like things are about to get pretty interesting.
Adoring this show so far, yet again Trigger bring the hype.
Mar 28, 2020 8:46 AM
May 2016
Mienus said:
Who the hell is Boris's voice actor? I want to say Takehito Koyasu but I'm not entirely sure.

Probably man. I instantly thought of dio when i heard his voice
Mar 29, 2020 8:43 AM

Jul 2015
If I know Trigger any better, taking Nazuna at face value now is wrong. There's got to be some plot twist coming like Kill la Kill. Maybe she just want to protect her friend for what is about to come.

Mar 29, 2020 8:55 AM

Nov 2017
Interesting use of concepts trigger is very known for. I would sum up the first 6 eps as a beautiful love letter to all its previous works.
MaksoLMar 29, 2020 9:19 AM
Mar 29, 2020 10:46 AM

Apr 2015
So Michiru and Nazuna reunite again! It became even more suspicious that both of them have simular abilities! Changing (parts) into different Animals!

However the reuniting with Nazuna didn't go as Michiru had hoped for! Feels like Nazuna is being manipulated, but perhaps she has her own intentions as well, I can't wait to find out what this will be all about!

2 months wait till the next episode! I am gonna be glad when I can watch it again!
Apr 1, 2020 12:35 AM

Mar 2013
Honestly, I loooove this anime and I cannot wait to see more.
I am happy that she finally found her old friend Nazuma, but I got the feeling that she will most likely betray Michiru at one point. I dunno, she just gives me that brainwashed feeling which is not something good (plus that there is the op thing where you can see clearly Nazuma's eyes and the fact that her face turn in a kind of evil angle XD).

Once again, I'm hyped for more
Apr 2, 2020 3:28 PM
Jul 2019
I knew that Nazuna girl was weird. Don’t trust her she’s fishy
Apr 3, 2020 1:13 AM
Jan 2019
Why do I feel like the wolf guy is the reincarnation of their god or something and that's why he's special and immortal.
Apr 5, 2020 2:12 PM

Dec 2015
yo doesn't this cult have some team plasma vibes
Apr 5, 2020 6:09 PM
May 2019
Please anyone know the name of the OST from episode 5 during the baseball tournament starting from 18:30 minutes !!!!!
Apr 6, 2020 4:26 AM

Sep 2019
Since they release all these eps at once, I'll just compile my current thoughts here.

Got to say, the OP and ED, it's been a while since I've watched both all the time. Usually, I'm not a person to stick around for the ED unless it's super good... but man, Trigger has done a superb job with both.

I really like the two main characters. It's also been a while since I've seen an athletic tomboy heroine. Also, the Shirou is just a cool, corny boy. I love the heck out of Trigger's style, but this one feels really good. Something like a mix of refreshing and exciting.

I've certainly liked what I've seen thus far, and I will look forward to when the rest is released. That ending has me invested.

Also, certainly the first time I've heard someone compliment their own cooked smell.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Apr 6, 2020 8:53 AM

Feb 2013
Got through all 6 episodes and I enjoy how they are exploring Animacity. Also, they don't concentrate so much on how much humans hate the beastman, but more so on the culture of the beastmen themselves and the city.
Michiru is rather annoying at times with her naivete, but charming in other ways.
It's honestly so obvious that Shiro is Ginrou that I'm beginning to wonder if its a red herring. A guy who seems to have the spirit of one who is older than he looks, a guardian to beastmen, is ultra-powerful, and practically indestructible, and talks about things that beastmen have waited a millenium for? Yeah, he seems to fit the bill, but he's probably not as high and great and mighty as the legends that have been build up about him say. Either that, or he has a total other form that's the one Michiru saw in the start of the series.

As for her friend, it's obvious she's being used, and she's fine with it. I find it interesting that they just breezed right over the fact that she was kidnapped and experimented on. I think that would be important for later.
Apr 6, 2020 9:06 AM
Apr 2020
yawa ka michiru, bugok!
Apr 6, 2020 9:22 PM

Sep 2018
Ehh?! Nazuna become a villain :(
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » BNA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

uninstallthegame - May 5, 2020

213 by Pokitloona »»
Apr 11, 5:24 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

68 by Pokitloona »»
Apr 11, 5:23 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

59 by Pokitloona »»
Apr 11, 5:22 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 9 Discussion

46 by Pokitloona »»
Apr 11, 5:22 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 8 Discussion

45 by Pokitloona »»
Apr 11, 5:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.