Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 20, 2020 10:45 AM

Dec 2018
ssjokg said:
Kish0 said:
Haha, ofc ofc Quetzalcoatl isn't dead yet, let them have a nicending, I just wonder why they don't just include Ereshkigal while they're at it.

Well it seems Fujimaru has someone that will protect his virginity.

So that's where Gilgamesh arrogance comes from, although in this show, even after that event he's not as arrogant as he is in FSN or FZ, so that is still a plot holes.

Yes character development is a plot hole.

Seems, you didn't get what I'm trying to say, well not that it matters since probably this plot hole will never be plugged.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 20, 2020 11:13 AM

Aug 2009
Kish0 said:
ssjokg said:

Yes character development is a plot hole.

Seems, you didn't get what I'm trying to say, well not that it matters since probably this plot hole will never be plugged.

Do you even get what you are saying?

No. please explain to this stupid fan, why is it a plothole that older Gil isnt as arrogant as his FSN/FZ version.

May 20, 2020 2:17 PM

Aug 2010
Kish0 said:
So that's where Gilgamesh arrogance comes from, although in this show, even after that event he's not as arrogant as he is in FSN or FZ, so that is still a plot holes.

Have you read the Epic of Gilgamesh? The change in Gil's personality as a direct result of losing both Enkidu and the potion of immortality is an essential plot point in that ancient story.

Basically, he stopped being an ass after losing the only friend he ever had and having to face his own mortality. As a result, he returned to Uruk to rule it as a wise king.

This all takes place before the events of this show, so Gil has already gone through his Epic of Gilgamesh character development, unlike in F/SN and F/Z.
May 21, 2020 9:07 AM

Dec 2018
astroprogs said:
Kish0 said:

Have you read the Epic of Gilgamesh? The change in Gil's personality as a direct result of losing both Enkidu and the potion of immortality is an essential plot point in that ancient story.

Basically, he stopped being an ass after losing the only friend he ever had and having to face his own mortality. As a result, he returned to Uruk to rule it as a wise king.

This all takes place before the events of this show, so Gil has already gone through his Epic of Gilgamesh character development, unlike in F/SN and F/Z.

Hmmm......ok that clears my confusion. Although, I guess this series should've made it clearer between different version of Gilgamesh for anime-viewer only, but I guess it's a marketing strategy, thx anyway for clearing things up.
May 21, 2020 9:10 AM

Dec 2018
ssjokg said:
Kish0 said:

No. please explain to this stupid fan, why is it a plothole that older Gil isnt as arrogant as his FSN/FZ version.

That's the answer to your question.
May 21, 2020 9:44 AM

Aug 2009
Kish0 said:
ssjokg said:

That's the answer to your question.

What does copying another users's post even answer?

Why is it a plot hole?
May 21, 2020 9:47 AM

Aug 2009
Kish0 said:
astroprogs said:

Hmmm......ok that clears my confusion. Although, I guess this series should've made it clearer between different version of Gilgamesh for anime-viewer only, but I guess it's a marketing strategy, thx anyway for clearing things up.

The show explained this at least twice both at the beginning and at the end.

May 21, 2020 9:58 AM

Aug 2010
Kish0 said:
astroprogs said:

They kinda did. One of the first things we hear about Gilgamesh in Babylonia is that this is after the death of Enkidu. We hear this as early as episode 2 when Merlin attacked Kingu for claiming to be Enkidu. Merlin dropping the bit of info about Enkidu being dead serves both a purpose in the story and for the viewer, as it nudges them to understand where Gilgames's character stands at this point in time.
May 22, 2020 1:56 PM

Dec 2018
ssjokg said:
Kish0 said:

astroprogs said:
Kish0 said:

They kinda did. One of the first things we hear about Gilgamesh in Babylonia is that this is after the death of Enkidu. We hear this as early as episode 2 when Merlin attacked Kingu for claiming to be Enkidu. Merlin dropping the bit of info about Enkidu being dead serves both a purpose in the story and for the viewer, as it nudges them to understand where Gilgames's character stands at this point in time.

Yes, I know that but they didn't explain what version Gilgamesh is when he appears as a Servant to save the day, the same could be said to FZ and FSN that it's not explained.
May 23, 2020 1:54 AM

Aug 2009
Kish0 said:
ssjokg said:

astroprogs said:

Yes, I know that but they didn't explain what version Gilgamesh is when he appears as a Servant to save the day, the same could be said to FZ and FSN that it's not explained.

It is pretty obvious who is what version from their attitude. Doesnt need any explanation.
Jun 7, 2020 3:26 PM

Sep 2010
Kish0 said:
astroprogs said:

It was mentioned by Merlin, and Gilgamesh explains it here, though.

Servants are copies of records in the thrones summoned on their peaks. As Archer, he's summoned when he was strongest physically. That was his youth when he was a tyrannical ruler who just wanted adventure. He has memories of his life, but the personality and emotional maturity manifested is in his youth. The one in Babylonia is (until Tiamat kills him), alive and after his journey. This shouldn't be a spoiler, because it has thousands of years of background. In the Epic of Gilgamesh, Gilgamesh was a tyrant but after Enkidu's death and his failed quest matured to become a wise monarch, building walls to protect his people. He does the same here, gives context which walls he built.

Fate is all about the different sides of legends. That's why you get Arturia as the antagonist in the previous Singularity to this one (very clear in Camelot movies trailer so I don't consider it a spoiler), Gilgamesh is the hero in Babylonia. Even if those roles were reversed in FSN/FZ.
ThessJun 7, 2020 3:30 PM
Jun 13, 2020 2:08 PM
Aug 2014
Kish0 said:

Clothes maketh the man.

You see him in gold armor and especially with spiky hair? That's the King of Heroes, Gilgamesh. Asshole, have yet to mee Enkidu and gone on his journey of character development.

You see him in a turban? That's the King of Uruk, Gilgamesh. Still an asshole, but less so, more mature, already experienced the loss of Enkidu.

It's even more telling in the game. Gil with turban's Noble Phantasm is his Dingirs; dubbed "Melammu Dingir" - King's Signal Canon. This is a weapon where he willingly gives up the treasures in his Gate of Babylon to be used as weapons by his people.

If you ever watched Zero or Stay/Night, you'll know one of Gil's key personality is that he claims all treasures belong to him exclusively. So, him allowing others to take and use his treasures is very telling.
Jul 5, 2020 3:06 AM
Jul 2020
I rewatched the last episode again and couldn't figure out who was the servant who faded out on top of a cliff when the little kid looks over
Jul 5, 2020 3:07 AM

Aug 2009
Sapphixd said:
I rewatched the last episode again and couldn't figure out who was the servant who faded out on top of a cliff when the little kid looks over
It's Gilgamesh's spirit.
Jul 9, 2020 6:05 AM

Oct 2009
Hand itching to summon all servants from this arc now ;-;
Jul 10, 2020 1:26 PM

Feb 2009
Wouldn't be too crazy too think that some apocalyptic shit like that happened for real in Uruk. To me whole show felt like the writers kinda knew what really happened there in the past lol. Anyways this was a great series, probably up there with Fate/Zero, except in the music department, cause that Fate/zero ost composed by Yuki Kajiura was perfect. Show is highly re-watchable, can't wait for that Solomon arc.
Aug 8, 2020 9:07 AM

Oct 2014
Honestly, the whole Tiamat ordeal was probably my favourite fight sequence out of any of the shows. She truly felt on a completely different level. And this Fate has the best version of Gilgamesh.

Plus Ereshkigal is too good.
Aug 8, 2020 6:07 PM

Aug 2008
I guess I can settle on giving this show a 4/10. The randomness, the conveniences, the forced attempt to draw emotion from the viewer that was not earned in the slightest, nothing worked at all for me. This show might have been well animated (outside of Tiamet anyway, the CGI was awful) but everything else sucked. Oh but it did well to give people their blushing anime girls, did that very well. If only it did as well with characters and story.

Right at the, Gilgamesh offered the two nothings of leads a drink and they say they are underage. GTFO. You can risk your lives but can't have a little alcohol. Honestly, this stupidity really was the cherry on top of this nothing of an anime.
Oct 3, 2020 9:51 AM

Sep 2017
I will need that gif of gilgamesh drinking off the holy grail.
8/10

Well that's mostly it.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 14, 2020 6:44 PM
Jun 2020
all i gonna say is this adaptation is not that bad although it had many holes like the pacing and the characterization. but still, still enjoyable cause my girl is here 7.5/10
Feb 21, 2021 10:22 PM

Feb 2019
Meeting Quetz, Taiga, Merlin, Ishtar, and King Gilgamesh again and having a conversation was so satisfying. my only gripe was with the pacing regardess it was a fun ride.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Mar 24, 2021 3:24 AM
Apr 2020
Wow.. I'm a bit surprised that Cloverworks adpated it pretty well in this series. I must say that the one that stands out the most here is the OSTS/BGMs, the musics in every fight was well suited, even you can be so emotional with it. That's how perfect it is. In terms of animation, it's pretty good. Although there's some gaps but overall it was decent. In the overall plot, I hope they adapt the first 5 singularities because some of the scenes where how they met and some stuffs but I guess it's not that necessary.

Probably what caught me the most was the whole Tiamat fights. That was so freakin good and dramatic. Also the way it ended too was so satisfying.

9/10 overall. This series was the most hyped and really enjoyable, atleast for me. Solomon Arc upcoming? Can't wait for that :)
Mar 24, 2021 10:04 PM

May 2016
Quetzalcoatl = best fate girl by light years
May 4, 2021 6:14 AM

Sep 2012
this series reminds me of Magi saga starting with Magi: Sinbad no Bouken
Jun 26, 2021 11:27 AM

Apr 2009
I'm a bit late to the whole thing but Babylonia anime was actually the reason I started playing FGO.
I give Babylonia 10/10 but only because I enjoyed it incredibly despite disliking a lot of things. BUT I do have to admit I fast-fowarded a lot of fighting scenes and stuff in the beginning because the MC and Mashu are incredbily boring. But that's to be expected from a mobile game character.
I'm a big fan of the Fate franchise and I love Fate Zero. I found UBW boring back when it was released but now that I have knowledge why things happened the way they did I rewatched UBW twice this year and found it incredibly entertaining, enjoying every tiny moment (especially my favorite Lancer that dies every single time...).
Heaven's Feel movies were great as movies but Sakura is insanely annoying as a character.
So with all that said, I treated Babylonia as Gilgamesh's story. His attitude, the reason things happened the way they happened, the reason he didn't fight in the front lines most of the time, his tiny interactions and memories with Siduri and Enkidu, etc etc. I found all that to be very precious.
I understand that the Archer Gil is summoned from when he was in his prime, meaning that he didn't get that immortality plant stolen yet. But basically we got to see what kind of king he turned into once he came to terms with his life and human mortality. Gil's words about what being a king means, his view on humans and civilization, the way he ruled. I find it all very fascinating as it adds to all the complexity that his character is.
The thing I find sad about Fate in general is.... death is one of the main topics. Holy Grail War is fought to death, heroic spirits are summoned even though they're aleady dead and have already lived their lives, yet they are forced into the real world again but have no right to move on their own or to try and start a new life. I think it's torture.
Seeing how Gil died in the end of Babylonia was also very sad. I'm not sure if non-players know but the Gil that appeared at the very end of the story is only a ghost, Gilgamesh died when Tiamat attacked. He used his death as a catalyst to summon himself as an Archer.
I also really loved "Prover" and "Tell Me" as well as ending animation.
To sum it up, rather than the story, I looked at the characters (Merlin was also incredibly interesting as well as Kingu).
Loved that moment when Kingu cried because of Enkidu's emotions and wish to talk to Gil but knew that wish could never ever come true. To me it summed up the whole Babylonia singularity.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Oct 4, 2021 12:57 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Honestly, there were many parts of the show that needed more explaining for a non-gamer like me to comprehend but I'd a lot of fun watching the dynamic characters and cluster of battles so I'm more than satisfied right now. A couple of hours surfing on reddit and/or quora will do the trick much like the other Fate entries will do, xD.

A chill episode for the finale but a fitting end considering the long fight over the previous few episodes. Quetzacoatl's surprise appearance was nice but it's sad that she'd to depart again though. Jaguarman's presence certainly made things a little more lively, lol.

Final moments with the ED theme in the background and Gilgamesh passing over the grail (cup) sequence was brilliant. I was just smiling like an idiot throughout.

I was expecting something about the Old Man, btw. I didn't really understand the whole purpose behind his existence. For the most bit, I was convinced he will play out the antagonist role but he somehow ended up playing a winger role for the MC.

All in all, the story department felt fairly inconsistent and incomprehensible but the characters carried through for me. Hats off to Cloverworks for a good portion of the action sequences though, they really nailed it and were on certain scene on par with Ufotable imo and that's something! Op and ED themes were a pleasure to tune in as well, special mention to milet for those wonderful tracks. I actually had both the themes downloaded already but listening to it here felt like getting the full package lol.

Gilgamesh turned out to be a lot different in this route and, quite frankly, I found it to be very intriguing. In particular, his interactions with Siduri and Enkidu plus Fujimaru this episode were fantastic. The contrast between his condescending attitude and caring self was a treat, lol. Definitely one of my fav characters from this season.

Ereshkigal and Ishtar, I was expecting more screentime of the two together but it turned out to be just the end there that took the spotlight. Ueda Kana-san sure nailed both the roles though, I don't think they were all that different in the first place but somehow there was enough of a difference to tell the two apart. Got to say, Ishtar and Tohsaka from the OG had a very similar vibe from the start and it added a new flavour to the show for me.

Ana and Merlin were really fun to keep up with as well. Ana in her true form definitely went down way too fast, I remember I was just about getting hyped for something but it didn't turn out to budge Mother all that much, sadly. MCs in Fujimaru and Mash were probably my least interesting characters in all fairness but they weren't annoying by any means so no demerits for that from my end. Ushiwaka stood out to me quite a bit as well, it's a pity how she was darkened and killed off too early however.

Going to settle with a very generous 8/10. Looking forward to Solomon next! I incorrectly thought Babylonia was the last singularity all this time, lol. So I'm more curious to see now what that's got in store for us.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 26, 2021 1:31 AM

Jul 2012
That was a fun watch. Googled the order and it shows the First order as the starting point, which is obv right, but it is such a downgrade of introduction so not even sure if it is worth starting with it.

So crazy and cool how people come up with such stories, but need to take all of this for granted as FSN already gave you like summoning different famous people as servants. This one goes even further beyond into future with time traveling and whatever more. Not that bad, just goes more and more weird.

The biggest problem for me, the constant switching between comedy and serious plot. I think the comedy is not (all the time) that bad, but the amount of it really breaks the serious flow. And i think this series should be considered serious with all the fighting and blood spilling. Also mb another comedy part, the little romance scenes felt so out of place ...

Siduri - best character in this one! Fou - the best character in FGO =/
Don't know that much about FGO, but watching the end thought that Gilgamesh could soloed whatever coming at him if he wanted.
Merlin is OP.

Have no idea why Ishtar was there, for fanservice i guess and future Rin.

Don't know if people like Fujimaru, his character feels so underwhelming, mb a little bit better impression for the last episodes. Don't really know how to make him better, but what's his character is really like "let's go", "let's do it". Mb that is Master's job. Also don't know much about "technical" part, but how he supplies Ishtar and Quetzacotl, shouldn't there be like "official contract".

Overall 7/10 very fun ride, gotta watch whatever left.
Gugulanna! Gugulanna!!!
allenjkeOct 26, 2021 1:58 AM
Nov 27, 2021 10:52 PM

May 2021
Gilgamesh big chad sigma male
Inhales oxygen
Dec 31, 2021 3:54 AM

Sep 2018
They kind of lost me a little bit at the end, everything seemed so grandiose and over the top, jampacked with action, explosions and cool sounding attacks lol. I guess when it's at the scale of Goddesses, it'll have to be pretty epic. The fight formula and structure isn't the greatest though here, a lot of convenience throughout, I enjoyed the 1-1 fights in other Fate anime more. I love the characters of Fate, except the male MCs it seems lol. 8/10.
Jan 8, 2022 8:35 AM

Apr 2013
Just a wrapup episode basically with people complimenting the main character again what a cool dude he is.

Which sums up this show pretty well actually, the protagonist has the personality of a wooden stick but everyone loves him. Mash is completely useless unless he tells her to do something. The story was quite generic with huge plot holes like people just randomly appearing. In my opinion definitely the worst Fate story I've watched so far. 3/10
Jan 28, 2022 1:37 AM

Aug 2020
It was a fun journey! All hail for the awesome characters in this show. I absolutely enjoyed it until the end. Ishtar best girl (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Mar 15, 2022 2:05 AM

Nov 2019
What a great, action-packed extravaganza this turned out to be.

Only complaints would be the 'Jaguar' character and how the protagonists don't actually end up contributing much to the battles (beyond Fujimaru frequently serving as a mana battery).
May 3, 2022 5:44 AM
Sep 2021
This is obviously a close the book episode and wait for the next installment which leaves me torn. Not on the episode but the show in general. The fights scenes are crazy and kept me watching. The music amazing and helped make certain scenes more impactful. That being said when looking back I feel like I didn’t latch one to characters as much as intended. Like ami felt something and might be due to the music as stated earlier but I was never sad or mad when a character died. Even when they parted ways with Anna, I was more bummed in how it was written, not by the act itself if that makes sense. When thinking about it I feel that is how most of the show is. The writing is ok but is carried by everything else. Maybe if I played the game I would hold a different view of it, but I just think that overall characters didn’t develop enough for them to have a big impact on me as a viewer. I will say that too much too fast would ruin it equally as well but I feel this was too slow. Overall I wouldn’t say it was a waste of my time. Very few shows are. I know know what the series is all about, but I would not find myself recommending it to most. Only if their watched list was already very long or if someone asked for something very specific that lined up with this
Apr 23, 2023 1:15 AM
Apr 2023
Shows a different side of Gilgamesh and Enkidu not to mention the fabulous animation and story...
May 23, 2023 7:15 PM
Jun 2019
beautiful fights. ok story.
Dec 6, 2023 6:33 AM
Dec 2023
Đối với tôi toàn bộ mọi thứ trong phim đều khá ổn phần đầu của phim khá chán nhưng đến nữa cuối thì tập phim làm tôi khá hừng hực nhưng rồi nó lại y như phần mở đầu nhưng mọi thứ vẫn đang ổn. Tôi cực kỳ tôn trọng những gì mà CloverWork đã tạo ra họ tạo vài phân cảnh trò chuyện giữa nhân vật ở nữa cuối làm tôi có cảm giác đang xem 1 cuộc sống hằng ngày vậy. Bộ phim vẫn truyền tải đủ thông điệp của nó nhưng không phải Fan Fate hay Nasuverse thì bạn rất khó hiểu và bối rối với bộ phim vì bạn phải xem rất nhiều phần phim khác thậm chí phải lên mạng hoặc chơi game chỉ để hiểu 1 số khái niệm. Người khó tính sẽ chấm điểm thấp nhưng tôi rất dễ tính với anime từ đó đến giờ
9,5/10 điểm
Jan 11, 2:46 PM
Jul 2023
This was overall a good anime, but a meh fate series. Maybe singularity 8 will be better? Who knows with this series lol
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

220 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.