Forum Settings
Forums

overrated characters that people will get mad about when you call them overrated characters

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 25, 2020 2:31 AM

Jan 2020
L is pretty overrated for me, I mean he's cool and all but he's not that interesting
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Mar 25, 2020 2:32 PM

Mar 2020
TRIGGER WARNING:

This is just my opinion so please don't attack me >.<

Shoto Todoroki
Katsuki Bakugo
Yuno Gasai
Levi Ackerman
Mar 25, 2020 2:40 PM
Apr 2018
Speedwagon for sure. I call him overrated and a shit meme and everyone goes fucking crazy
you have shit taste
Mar 25, 2020 4:17 PM

Oct 2017
BlkBird said:
Speedwagon for sure. I call him overrated and a shit meme and everyone goes fucking crazy

never agreed more in my entire life bruh
Mar 26, 2020 2:48 AM
Nov 2015
hamza121419 said:
first, if you have carefuly read my comment, i'm not talking about how people choose their favorite characters, so your comment doesnt make any sense, cause i didnt say that people picked up hachiman because of some story telling purposes, i said that the ones who think he is overated dont understand the subtle way he was constructed as a character in the story.

Second, i talked about how characters like hachiman were 'WRITEN' in a subtle way, so even if we consider the case of people chosing their favorites, i didnt ignore their personalities, their attitudes and actions, cause this is a part of their character writing. So before you start quoting, please read carfuly what people has developped and finnaly please try not to judge people you dont know in a surface level, expressions like 'grow up hachiman's fan boy' doesnt give any plus to your idea, you have just put me in a category that you think i'm a part of, but the word 'fanboy' as known in the community doesnt mean anything to me.

I read your post and I digested it as:

People wouldn't think a character is overrated if they understand its purpose in the narrative.

Now, please think of the implication of your own words.

You're basically implying that you're in favor of all those top characters, along with the people who chose those characters as their favorites. You're mistaking your own perspective with those people's perspectives.

You're implying that all people who favored Hachiman understood his purpose in the story, whereas other people are just retarded & not sensitive enough for this so called subtle writing.

Is that what you wanted to say to us? I hope not.

Haha! Are you new to the internet or something? I sincerely apologize for my rude words. I'm being serious here. You sure are fun to tease but I'll just stop. It's the internet, bruh. Don't be so sensitive.. Also, I used the word fanbois for a reason. Noticed the s? I wasn't directing that word specifically to you and I know how to check people's profile.. I also know how to find people's favorite characters in their profile pages. So, I know that there's no Hachiman in your profile. You need to chill.

Here, listen to this:

Isn't she pretty?
Mar 26, 2020 3:41 AM

Jul 2010
Elza!!! Wait, it's a Disney xD
I don't mind such characters, but if they have a bottom/raisin/core/soul. But hyped dummy enrage. The same Nezuko perceive calmly, because the bottom is there, or I believe it, and I am normal.
May be some anime?
Mar 26, 2020 3:58 AM
Jan 2017
finestseeker17 said:
hamza121419 said:
first, if you have carefuly read my comment, i'm not talking about how people choose their favorite characters, so your comment doesnt make any sense, cause i didnt say that people picked up hachiman because of some story telling purposes, i said that the ones who think he is overated dont understand the subtle way he was constructed as a character in the story.

Second, i talked about how characters like hachiman were 'WRITEN' in a subtle way, so even if we consider the case of people chosing their favorites, i didnt ignore their personalities, their attitudes and actions, cause this is a part of their character writing. So before you start quoting, please read carfuly what people has developped and finnaly please try not to judge people you dont know in a surface level, expressions like 'grow up hachiman's fan boy' doesnt give any plus to your idea, you have just put me in a category that you think i'm a part of, but the word 'fanboy' as known in the community doesnt mean anything to me.

I read your post and I digested it as:

People wouldn't think a character is overrated if they understand its purpose in the narrative.

Now, please think of the implication of your own words.

You're basically implying that you're in favor of all those top characters, along with the people who chose those characters as their favorites. You're mistaking your own perspective with those people's perspectives.

You're implying that all people who favored Hachiman understood his purpose in the story, whereas other people are just retarded & not sensitive enough for this so called subtle writing.

Is that what you wanted to say to us? I hope not.

Haha! Are you new to the internet or something? I sincerely apologize for my rude words. I'm being serious here. You sure are fun to tease but I'll just stop. It's the internet, bruh. Don't be so sensitive.. Also, I used the word fanbois for a reason. Noticed the s? I wasn't directing that word specifically to you and I know how to check people's profile.. I also know how to find people's favorite characters in their profile pages. So, I know that there's no Hachiman in your profile. You need to chill.

Here, listen to this:

Isn't she pretty?
i dont know why you are always misunderstanding my comments so i'll make it clear for the last time, i'm not talking about how people choose their favorites, this is another topic, i'm not saying that hachiman was choosen by people because they understood the the way he was writen in the story, it's you who said that i said this. Choosing ones favorite characters doesnt have to do with overated characters. What i'm saying is that when someone says this character is overated while a lot of others think he is that good, most likely the one who said he is overated didnt understand the character, or at least he doesnt understand why others think he is a good character. In order to know if this is the case, you see how those bunch of people develop their ideas about the character, you may understand why he is that loved or redpected by these people and thus you may no longer think he is overated, but you may still think he is overated when those people cant convince you cause they love the character for some dumb reasons that they cant explain.
So to return to your comment i'm not in favor for all the top characters, i still dont understand how Rem, yuno,or saitama made it that far,i cant understand why edward is number 4 while no one talks about his brother, i havent seen all the one piece series, so for the moment i cant see how luffy is number 3..... in the other hand, i can see why naruto, hachiman, guts... are that much favorited even though they arent one of my favorites.

So i hope you have understood my point of view this time, to make it short, i dont want to use the word overated even if i think a character cause that will stop me of viewing the character from other aspects. You may have your own perspective, i dont have any problem with it, but at least please dont misunderstund my point of view.

And btw that girl is really pretty and the music is amazing. I love listening to debussy. Thanks for the track.
Mar 26, 2020 4:19 AM
Nov 2015
hamza121419 said:
i dont know why you are always misunderstanding my comments so i'll make it clear for the last time, i'm not talking about how people choose their favorites, this is another topic, i'm not saying that hachiman was choosen by people because they understood the the way he was writen in the story, it's you who said that i said this. Choosing ones favorite characters doesnt have to do with overated characters. What i'm saying is that when someone says this character is overated while a lot of others think he is that good, most likely the one who said he is overated didnt understand the character, or at least he doesnt understand why others think he is a good character. In order to know if this is the case, you see how those bunch of people develop their ideas about the character, you may understand why he is that loved or redpected by these people and thus you may no longer think he is overated, but you may still think he is overated when those people cant convince you cause they love the character for some dumb reasons that they cant explain.
So to return to your comment i'm not in favor for all the top characters, i still dont understand how Rem, yuno,or saitama made it that far,i cant understand why edward is number 4 while no one talks about his brother, i havent seen all the one piece series, so for the moment i cant see how luffy is number 3..... in the other hand, i can see why naruto, hachiman, guts... are that much favorited even though they arent one of my favorites.

So i hope you have understood my point of view this time, to make it short, i dont want to use the word overated even if i think a character cause that will stop me of viewing the character from other aspects. You may have your own perspective, i dont have any problem with it, but at least please dont misunderstund my point of view.

And btw that girl is really pretty and the music is amazing. I love listening to debussy. Thanks for the track.

Ah, I get it. You're arguing against the word overrated, am I right? Hum.. You're being way too out of the box here.

What's the point of the top characters rankings then? Maybe the OP should change his term to "overloved" or "overfavorited" characters? Would you still post on this thread if the OP used those terms instead?

Also, take a look at your own words here:

What i'm saying is that when someone says this character is overated while a lot of others think he is that good, most likely the one who said he is overated didnt understand the character, or at least he doesnt understand why others think he is a good character.

Now, take a look at my words:

Please think over this for a while. I think you need to understand your own thoughts over this issue first.

In general, most people will definitely associate the word overrated with rankings. Hence, you're the weird one.

Judging by your own logic that clearly said:
if most people like a certain character, other people who think that character is overrated are most likely in the wrong or misunderstood
then you're the one who's definitely in the wrong & misunderstood here, in terms of this thread & the term "overrated".
Mar 27, 2020 12:28 AM

Aug 2018
Heres some I consider overrated ones are more others are less:

Goku from DBZ - Mostly considered fan favorite due to nostalgia and being so icon

Luffy from One Piece - How so many people consider luffy the best One Piece character is hard to understand for me. He is a good character but there are way more interesting and well made characters in Strawhats crew itself.

Naruto fom Naruto Shippuden - Honestly I don't like Sasuke in Shippuden but Naruto became even worse than him yet people consider him amazing character with great development when hes really a self made hypocrite

Light from Death note- Really great character but not the best in the series like some people say, for me L was way more interesting and likable

May 3, 2020 5:42 AM

Feb 2019
levi, i hate this character so much oh my god
May 3, 2020 5:44 AM

Jul 2016
Haruhi,she's so annoying,can't stand her.
May 3, 2020 6:26 AM

Mar 2015
I don't think he's overrated myself, but whenever someone calls Shirou from Fate overrated there's at least 5 people coming to defend him so he definitely fits the "people will get mad when called overrated" bill.
May 3, 2020 6:55 AM
May 2019
HorizonFox said:
Emilia from Rezero and Asuna, Kirito

Just nuclear waiting to be ignited.
Lol Emilia is one of the most hated characters in anime community, from what angle does she look overrated to you, Rem is the one who is one of the most overrated characters and she doesn't even deserve it
May 3, 2020 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
Sayali567 said:
HorizonFox said:
Emilia from Rezero and Asuna, Kirito

Just nuclear waiting to be ignited.
Lol Emilia is one of the most hated characters in anime community, from what angle does she look overrated to you, Rem is the one who is one of the most overrated characters and she doesn't even deserve it

The part that Emilia seem like a normal girl but everyone think she's above all gave me the overrate feel. I have no comment for Rem but she has more visible traits throughout the story.
May 3, 2020 7:09 AM
May 2019
Rem (she doesn't deserve it, I don't see anything in her that so many people loves her)
Taiga (One of the worst Tsunderes)
Mikasa (she is strong but that's it, there is nothing to like about her in fact she is annoying, always shouting Eren's name)
Nezuko (she is cute but I don't understand why so many people like her when most of the time she is not even doing anything, there are so many interesting characters in demon slayer than her)
Bakugou Katsuki ( he is a complete asshole, a bully, fandom try to show him as Tsundere but he is not he is just an asshole)
Mayuri shiina ( The way she talk like a fucking 5 years old annoys me so much, Can't she talk in a normal way and she is the most overrated character in steins gate fandom)
Yuno Gasai
Zero Two
Sayali567May 3, 2020 7:28 AM
May 3, 2020 7:20 AM
May 2019
sonofbatmanrp13 said:
Bakugo.How the fuck anyone can like this character?His only schtick is being angry.He is pissed for some reason and yells at everyone.How is that likable?I can't endure this guy.I would prefer Mineta over Katsushit anyday.

Rem.Just because she gets rejected doesn't make her best girl.
Ram is like a million times better than Rem.Rem's schtick being I'm so in love with you Subaru that I could do anything for you.Isekai Quartet makes me hate her even more.She might be the biggest reverse SIMP in existence.
Finally Someone who agrees that Rem and Bakugou are overrated, I can never understand their popularity
May 3, 2020 7:25 AM
Dec 2018
Here's one for the normies
Deku
All might
Bakugo
Todoroki
Basically everyone from mha
Tanjiro
Nezuko
Inosuke
Zenitsu
These characters are all one note with no character dvelopment, get shat on
May 14, 2020 2:23 PM

Jul 2019
Qashi-Dema said:
Here's one for the normies
Deku
All might
Bakugo
Todoroki
Basically everyone from mha
Tanjiro
Nezuko
Inosuke
Zenitsu
These characters are all one note with no character dvelopment, get shat on

I was literally about to say "everybody from My Hero" lmao. Great minds think alike
May 14, 2020 2:29 PM

Jan 2019
Tylaen said:
Ainz Ooal Gown Is shit and so is Albedo

This. Ainz is an edgy weirdo and Albedo becomes repetitive as the series progress.
May 14, 2020 8:17 PM

Apr 2015
-Basically every MHA character
-Certainly all AoT characters
-Kamina
-Zero Two
-All of the Monogatari characters
-All of the Jojo characters
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 14, 2020 8:36 PM

Mar 2019
Kamina.
Dude is an s class idiot, who has a bit of charisma.
That's why he becomes leader of the gang. I really won't want to be a part of crew with Kamina as the leader.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
May 14, 2020 8:49 PM

Aug 2016
I start with Johan and Grimer, from Monster. Lunge and Eva were the real stars in that manga/anime, and in terms of Urasawa´s villians, I will always prefer Friend from 20th century boys. And nope, never felt bad for Grimmer.

Chrollo, from HxH. Prefer Hisoka and Meruem by far.

I also find Spike from Cowboy bebop a bit overrated. As a main action character, he was super interesting when getting involved in all kind of fights and being the center of attention of the group during the dialogs inside the ship. But I find his backstory way inferior compared to the rest of the cast, to a point I wished Faye was the real MC since her backstory let me wanting for more.
:v
May 14, 2020 9:04 PM
Aug 2018
Eren - SNK
Kirito - SAO
Yagami light - DN
bakayarou konoyarou
May 14, 2020 9:33 PM

Oct 2019
Levi and Mikasa from AOT

Any character from Oregairu

Taiga and Ryuji from Toradora

Kaori from YLIA

Asuka from Eva

May 29, 2020 10:32 PM

Jun 2014
Thread locked.

Thread has been locked for being a dupe: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1504768&show=0.
All threads about overrated/underrated shows and characters should go into the above linked thread.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Ruined after Serial Experiments Lain [Spoilers]

zaitec - May 6, 2017

15 by TheMechaManiac »»
1 minute ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9065 by anime-prime »»
1 minute ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - 25 minutes ago

7 by TheMechaManiac »»
3 minutes ago

» Can someone help me find this anime's name?

Angelblue1852 - 48 minutes ago

1 by TheGoProGamer »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

30 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.