Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 22, 2020 11:50 AM

Oct 2018
@Blue_Flame18 there has been no announcement for that, we don't even know if wit is doing aot so ig may step up and once again budge isn't a problem it's all about timing and they are giving their time to second cour which has one of best match in this series and my favorite match in general.
Mar 22, 2020 2:03 PM
Nov 2018
Skipped the whole season after watching the first 2 episodes and watched the 11th episodes to check how they are animating the matches... And i am fuvking disappointed ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”..It was Ajin like animation and fluidity was not even present...its pissing me off...Gotta rate this 1/10....Just read the manga lads.The latest arc is ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Mar 22, 2020 2:33 PM

May 2016
Another high quality episode... have to say I'm gonna miss this show next three month.
Mar 22, 2020 2:58 PM

Mar 2020
Even though we all knew they were gonna win, I'm just glad the tournament feeling and atmosphere is back within the series again! (if that makes any sense lol) Personally, I haven't caught up with the manga yet, so I'm still ridden with a bit of nerves every time they play against another team, but that's why I love watching this series so much! I can't wait to see the rest of the tournament progress, but it is sad that we'll have to wait a couple months for the end of the season after these last couple episodes release!

also Atsumu's self interaction with Hinata at the beginning was one of the best parts in the episode lol!

โโ˜† ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ โ˜†

๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ...โž

Mar 23, 2020 3:29 AM

Jun 2012
Probably the best episode of this season so far.
Mar 23, 2020 4:43 AM
Apr 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Awesome episode, you can bet I was cheering the whole time.

It's awesome seeing Hinata react after reading the situation instead of just based on instinct. The best type of play is when you strike the balance between instinct and reading the situation.

The shot of Karasuno when the opposing pinch server realized the weight of the nationals was just too awesome.

Damn, I teared up at the end when there was that shot of the current third years when they just joined the club compared to how they are now. The match point was great.
So much heart in this show, I love it. <3

Same here, i loved this episode and teared up a little
Mar 23, 2020 6:22 AM

Aug 2017
wow what an intense episode...I can't wipe the grin off my face when I see Karasuno hitting the ball...this episode doesn't only focus on Hinata or Kageyama but of the whole team, their dreams, their goals, their ambition.
this is very moving can't help but re-watch it again!

Mar 23, 2020 5:34 PM

Oct 2019
This was probably the best episode so far, it’s proof that the characters are really what make the show. The underhand serve was so cool and it gave me a sense of excitement I felt when seeing previous seasons.
Mar 24, 2020 2:15 PM
Nov 2019
Incredible episode.
Mar 25, 2020 5:16 PM

Sep 2018
Kageyama is so badass! Tsukishima's one touch is โค๏ธโค๏ธ
Hinata can't perfect his moves and it appears body slamming lol but I know he will make it perfect next time xD

The underhand serve though xD but it's cool in the second time around
Mar 25, 2020 7:54 PM

Jun 2012
I was waiting for this kind of episode for a while! This season has felt so slow. Hopefully more episodes like this in the second part of this season.
Mar 26, 2020 10:07 AM

Dec 2015
great episode great ending, glad to see my boy suga have some screen time. though I hope they stop showing cheesy stats like that ceiling service thing
Mar 27, 2020 11:26 AM
Oct 2019
I loved this episode, I loved Suga and all the third year boys, bringing out their strenght and goals, as well as Hinata and Kageyama doing their super speed shots - -
I'm still not used to the new artstyle but the OST rocks as it has always rocked, the feels are there as they always were and that reminds me why I love Haikyuu. โค๏ธ

In the next episode I bet Hinata will have his eyes shining for that guy all the time
Mar 27, 2020 11:29 AM
Oct 2019
Shuhan said:
I was waiting for this kind of episode for a while! This season has felt so slow. Hopefully more episodes like this in the second part of this season.

I agree with you! I felt this episode was the real first dynamic one, the action started here. I'm hoping the next one and the next half of the season will follow this vibe as well ๐Ÿ’ฅโค๏ธ
Mar 27, 2020 11:48 AM

Nov 2016
Asahi!!!

This episode was definitely hypekyuu.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 28, 2020 8:30 PM
Feb 2020
the target acquired animation at the start was beautiful
Mar 29, 2020 5:05 PM
Jul 2014
my boys back at it again. with kageyama fully used to the environment, now they can finally get some work done >:)

awww their upperclassmen came to cheer them on UWU im soft ^~^
it's cool to see how much karasuno has changed from the upperclassmen's pov
daichi, tanaka, asahi, suga became so skilled and you can tell the alumni are proud T^T

oooh tsuki putting in THE WORK blocking and setting :')
hinata actually reading plays and predicting where the ball will end up and utilizing his newly honed skills *proud mom feelings* USE YOUR HANDS THO LOL

it's cool that this anime isn't only focusing on karasuno. you get plenty of moments and dialogue from the opposing team, which fleshes them out and makes them more than an opponent or a rung in the bracket.

it's ok kinoshita. you'll get it next time

OH NOOOO i feel so bad for himekawa skjflsklsjd he was so nervous skdjfksjf it was match point slkdjfksd he HIT HIS TEAMMATE SJGKSFKDJFKJ im sorry for laughing himekawa but omfg that sucks lmao
it's good that he redeemed himself later
karasuno is just too intense and skilled for that to work on them for too long tho

SUGAWARAAAAAA YESSSSSS i missed ya buddy 8^8
that last volley was amazing! ofc asahi with the final blow and karasuno for the win but that was a good game!
I'm so proud of them and happy!! first match won and onto the next!!
their alumnus must be so proud. every time it flashes back to 'if you have a chance, grasp it' moment, i feel so proud of the third years TTT^TTT karasuno best boys <3
Apr 1, 2020 1:15 AM
Sep 2018
Say what you will about the art style this season. Its definitely an improvement.
But the animation. Yikes. That scene of Kageyama running literally looked 15fps. The cuts in the games seem off this season as well.
Apr 4, 2020 4:30 AM

Jul 2012
wow, that wrecked me

Apr 4, 2020 11:59 AM

Mar 2014
This was fantastic ughhhhh I'm so proud of Karasuno they've come so far!! The last couple of points were really suspenseful. Kageyama calling Tsukishima Wearyshima was so fucking funny lmao great moment. Love how there was some time for Asahi and Sugawara to shine too <3

Apr 5, 2020 5:47 AM

Oct 2019
damn, Sugawara really did his research on that game, he knew every player on the opposition and their game habits xd.

- โœผ -

๐Ÿ‘ hyped for 2022 lockdown ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘ all good things come in threes ๐Ÿ‘

- - โœฝ - -
Apr 13, 2020 9:34 PM

Feb 2013
They won, yay!
But lool, the underhand serve miss was too damn funny.
May 20, 2020 3:57 AM

May 2014
Oh wow, I thought we would have a third set for the final two episodes. Really enjoyed the strong moments in this match, but somehow it doesn't feel as exciting as the other seasons. Don't know why.
May 27, 2020 7:15 AM

Jul 2013
I feel for that kid who failed that underhand serve, not only did he hit his teammate in the back of his head, that move is very simple and easy to pull off too and he cost his team a set lol. Anyway, Karasuno won two consecutive sets, and this is the Nationals, that was really impressive!
Jun 8, 2020 12:14 PM

Sep 2011
Glad to see Hinata improving as well. I guess they will save him doing sick jumps for later matches though.
Also, I'm glad we got at least a bit more longer rounds. Those can be cool too, not just quick spikes and like a block.
I kinda feel bad for those guys, but the outcome was obvious.
Jun 15, 2020 8:55 AM

May 2018
Lol Hinata still sucks at actually receiving the ball, even if he can now catch up with it
Jul 2, 2020 8:01 PM
May 2020
Are Head is In the Game People! They did a great job at showing this new team, get a feel for their characters, sympathize with them, and still justify our team being able to beat them. That newbie with the underhand serves on the opposing team was pretty promising. I wonder if this show will go on to Hinata and Kageyama's second year and we can see former opponents like these again.
Aug 7, 2020 8:55 AM

Feb 2018
Man, Hinata improving while on a match?!?! Dude that's insane right there and the save's we're pretty much painful and I'm glad he didn't got to an extent getting hurt.
And I feel bad on those pinch servers haha, atleast they get to stole the show once in a while.
And Sugawara is the funniest and cutest man in the show and great performance towards the end.
Sep 6, 2020 1:00 AM

Jun 2020
amazing episode. just the preliminaries but such a great match alr!!

tsubakihara was great to watch, they are an amazing team too. that pinch server!!!!!! LOL x)

that was a proud moment when the commentators were talking about hinata. damn it really felt like your son has grown up & come a long way LOL happy tears!!!!!

loved the bit with the year3s and their previous seniors with all those flashbacks & in awe of them, tanaka too. that was a nice touch :')

great development & match all in one episode - everything haikyuu is about! LOVED IT

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

Sep 6, 2020 1:36 AM
Sep 2020
I'm looking forward to the next episode, and I'm glad I binge watched Haikyuu right when the next episodes are not too far away in the future.
Sep 16, 2020 10:20 AM

Jul 2013
Always glad to see Suga play.

Himekawa from the other team is decent. Smart to use the environment to his advantage.
Nov 7, 2020 10:09 AM

Mar 2019
a good episode despite the obvious outcome! suga was pretty amazing at the end & i think it was a nice touch for the karasuno alumni come to see the match!
Apr 13, 2021 10:19 PM

Mar 2015
This episode was so intense!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 8, 2021 6:05 PM

Aug 2017
Both teams try to win but Sugawara honestly stole the episode for me. I like how the third years were working so hard.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 17, 2021 5:33 AM

Apr 2021
Jul 12, 2021 12:51 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Now that we're in the actual nationals I think most of the energy has returned. We're in an actual game now, and the high-tempo haikyuu is back. Wonder if they'll finish the next game in the remaining two episodes of this first part of the season.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 23, 2022 3:29 PM
Jul 2021
bro was underhand serving during the nationals I don't care how much suspense you need to add keep it realistic
May 22, 2022 9:48 PM

Dec 2020
That was a great episode and an amazing match. Tsubakihara were good opponents but sadly lost to Karasuno.

"That jerk definitely just blamed this on me." Haha love it.
Aug 6, 2022 1:11 PM

Sep 2017
Damn straight Suga got to be on the court for that final point. That was an awesome rally.
Aug 18, 2022 5:08 AM
Jan 2022
damn seeing thier seniors realizing that now finally Karasuno has fully awaken was so nice โค
Jan 8, 2023 10:05 AM

Nov 2020
PEAK EPISODE, Himekawa is really brave, the GOAT, he reminds me at some times of the match :')

Karasuno tryhardin' against rookies lol

Feb 3, 2023 12:22 PM

Mar 2019
And the first match is over. They were somewhat good but honestly they wouldn't have stood a chance against Shiratorizawa OR Aoba Josai either. Speaking of the latter, I really wish we still got to see them, I miss Oikawa and his serve so much!!

Now, who's going to be the second team! From the preview, it seems like that kid is making a move, but against who?
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 27, 2023 12:40 AM

Dec 2007
the OST that played right when sugawara started his play, man that was one of the best of haikyuu.

karasuno surely showed their qualities in this match. you can really feel how their polished skills got them this match. how every character skills played to bring this win.
this is the best haikyuu ever gave. and probably its finest season.
all my complains about the different direction style disappeared totally in this episode, i actually felt the episode much more alive and free with this direction.

also loving how hinata is reaping his training fruits. i can't wait though till he will try that unsuccessful jump earlier this season.

so next episode they gonna start new match? how is that gonna work when we have only 2 episodes for this part?
not that i mind it though, i'm a binge watcher. lol. but still, is this part going to end in cliffhanger?
User-NameAug 27, 2023 12:44 AM
Oct 27, 2023 5:57 PM
Jul 2017
everyones story, especially the 3rd year was converging, but the lack of emotional impact from a random team made this game bleh

they could have done something else for the team to grow during this game
Feb 25, 8:59 AM

Mar 2015
One of my favorite quotes came from this episode.

"Opportunities present themselves to those who have prepared."

It helped me through life tbh
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

176 by Jekkii1 »»
Apr 4, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

69 by Jekkii1 »»
Mar 23, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

107 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2020

84 by Remotepaper »»
Jan 20, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2020

73 by Cammell »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:57 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.