Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 20, 2020 1:14 PM

Sep 2014
Railgun finally beat corona! Another great episode with lots of developement. Misaka was obviously angry as fuck but she understood Misaki wasnt really at fault. Actually Misaki seems to be quite considerate in her own ways. I honestly kinda like her now. There surely is more to her intentions as well.
Misaka sprinting away leaving Misaki behind and thinking she got tricked was funny af.

Also thx for Misakis midriff shot Misaka. I thought that shirt would rip.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 20, 2020 2:04 PM

Apr 2014
Finally, after 2 weeks of hiatus we're back! Finally anime-only watchers will start to hate Misaki less and even sympathize with her. It was also funny seeing them arguing and that Misaki couldn't even follow Mikoto's jogging pace. Her face was hilarious. XD
Mar 20, 2020 2:25 PM

Feb 2014
The hiatus has finally ended. Railgun is back and, hopefully, it'll stay that way all the way until the final episode. =)

This episode properly showcases Misaki's true intentions and what she's done has not only been beneficial to herself, but to Misaka as well. Misaka's anger at Misaki is justified and I don't blame her for it at all, but what Misaki did was for the right reasons, even though it got Kongo injured in the process.

I have to say, the discussions that both girls' were having was enjoyable. Not only for the main plot, but also on the comedy aspect as well. The latter was shown to perfect effect when Misaka ran off and Misaki couldn't keep up. To save her pride, Misaki blamed her massive chest for her lack of stamina and taunted Misaka's small chest, but Misaka called that bluff and blunt told Misaki that she was rubbish at sports in general since she doesn't take part in any at all. Their argument here was hilarious, even more so when they're close to the building where Gensei supposedly is.

All in all, this episode was as great as I hoped it would be. Great dialogue between Misaka and Misaki, the introduction to Gensei was spot on and Misaka's running animation not only looked excellent, but the CGI usage here was also good, too. Things are looking good again. ^_^
Mar 20, 2020 3:01 PM

Jun 2015
Not sure why we had to wait 3 weeks as they certainly stepped down the pace with this episode. It had better be because its about to get mental and the producers were worried our brains might explode if we weren't calmed down first.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 20, 2020 3:12 PM

Apr 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About time Railgun T came back. I miss this show so much and it's cool to once again see Misaki (she's been absent for awhile on screen)

I don't blame Misaka's anger though. She's been through so much in these past few days in the story.

I hope this anime won't be getting more breaks/recaps although time will tell.

Shokuho being the adult is far more impressive to me. but I guess she can afford to be a not panicking adult thanks to her power. Also what's with that comment about Misaka choosing to accept people's words at face value being the result to radio project noise and level 6 shift?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Mar 20, 2020 3:20 PM

Jul 2016
After waiting for 3 weeks.... FINALLY!!!!!

Good episode too!
Mar 20, 2020 3:26 PM

Dec 2015
kidlat020 said:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About time Railgun T came back. I miss this show so much and it's cool to once again see Misaki (she's been absent for awhile on screen)

I don't blame Misaka's anger though. She's been through so much in these past few days in the story.

I hope this anime won't be getting more breaks/recaps although time will tell.

Shokuho being the adult is far more impressive to me. but I guess she can afford to be a not panicking adult thanks to her power. Also what's with that comment about Misaka choosing to accept people's words at face value being the result to radio project noise and level 6 shift?

cuz the scientists told her that her DNA gonna help people with muscle atrophy
( or some other disease i don't remember very well) and she gave it to them
Mar 20, 2020 3:38 PM

May 2015
WOW, that was a huge change. One moment arch enemies the next they're having a funny banter fight against one another. That was really nice to see. Seeing Misaki tired as hell was funny and it was nice to see the gap between her "perfect" self and her true self. It'll be really great to see these two become friends.

Still cant wait for the end of this arc and seeing Misaka.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 20, 2020 5:54 PM

Nov 2019
Okay who else is waiting for a certain headbutt to happen?
Mar 20, 2020 6:33 PM

Apr 2015
It almost feels like months since the last episode came out!! Glad it's back again!!

So, I have to say! I was wrong about Shokuhou, she doesn't seem to be so bad after all! They just don't get along very well!

I love how it went from some serious talk back in that truck to bickering about body parts at the destination of arrival... These girls man XD
Mar 20, 2020 11:10 PM

Jan 2013
So she wasn't actually messing up with her, she was "helping" Misaka.

But the next episode will be amazing!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 21, 2020 5:18 AM

Oct 2008
w0w! what a long break because of that culprit CHINESE VIRUS!!!
anyways
lolz at Shokuhou easily get tired compared to Misaka but Shokuhou immediately insults Misaka with the wind resistance because of her big boob but was just meh! bwahahah!
4/5.

Mar 21, 2020 5:22 AM

Jun 2016
matias067 said:
w0w! what a long break because of that culprit CHINESE VIRUS!!!
anyways
lolz at Shokuhou easily get tired compared to Misaka but Shokuhou immediately insults Misaka with the wind resistance because of her big boob but was just meh! bwahahah!
4/5.

yeah i kinda dissapointed too because this CHINESE VIRUS !!!

i hope no more delay in future ...
Mar 21, 2020 6:13 AM

Mar 2014
it's finally baaack! misaka and misaki's meeting under the shade got me worried at the animation, good thing it was only noticeably bad during that scene. im quite worried on how will they achieve their objectives while working solo. they have a common goal but they just can never get along lol. still wondering what's misaki's intention in all of this (?_?)

ps: deeeym misaki's glorious underbewbs, she doesnt wear bra even with that size lol
envy__Mar 21, 2020 6:24 AM
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Mar 21, 2020 6:58 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Shokuhou is not just hot but is also so damn cute. I really loved that scene where she and Misaka are trashtalking to each other.

I haven't read the LN but Shokuhou is now my To aru best girl.
Mar 21, 2020 2:13 PM

May 2015
Finally after almost a month we get new stuff. Quite good episode i must say,
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 21, 2020 3:56 PM
Mar 2015
The cat fight between Shouko and Misaka was funn
Mar 21, 2020 11:40 PM
Nov 2018
You know an anime is good when an episode with nothing but dialogue is 10/10. Love the Misamisa interactions.
Mar 22, 2020 1:17 AM

Mar 2010
Finally, they addressed the stars in Shokuhou eyes XD.
I thought it was artistic depiction or something, turns out everyone can see them xD.

That aside, glad they didn't take this arc too seriously.

Webm for Misaka vs Misaki:
Mar 23, 2020 7:58 PM

Aug 2018
Episode 8

Finally got a time
watchin this ep, savin the best for last!

Mental Out x Railgun

Two best girls together in this episode
thats an easy 5/5 for me!

Overall great ep, they gave us a lot of infos on whats really happening and whos behind on this problem thanks to Shokuhou.Also a lot of screentime givin to her, finally.

Also they fleshed out more of Shokuhou character this ep, well able to saw different side of Shokuhou.I like when she likes to always mock Misaka even in the preview shes mocking her xD

I love it when they are together, they always fight lol thats how uncompatible their personality.

Lastly, great job for J.C Staff its 8 episodes already and the animation is still good.
SOP-IIMar 23, 2020 8:03 PM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 26, 2020 4:16 AM

Jul 2009
So Shokuhou is not a bad person after all
Mar 26, 2020 8:09 PM

Apr 2015
Bullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshit.
If I was a Railgun, I'd have her bleeding, or scared.
Anger has to have an outlet. Misaka was seriously pissed. And Mikoto was coy.
Bullshit.
Mar 27, 2020 3:15 AM

Aug 2009
BonkyTrollDoll said:
Bullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshit.
If I was a Railgun, I'd have her bleeding, or scared.
Anger has to have an outlet. Misaka was seriously pissed. And Mikoto was coy.
Bullshit.

If you were the Railgun you would die in a few seconds.
Mar 27, 2020 6:06 PM

Dec 2014
so the fighting was cute....hmm
Apr 3, 2020 10:14 AM

Nov 2014
Finally Miskaki had a chance to shine! She is one of my favourite characters, shame her role in Index is what it is...
Apr 4, 2020 7:59 AM

Apr 2013
Haha Misaki nearly dying from exhaustion of trying to catch up when Misaka went ahead with a jog was hilarious... and then they exchange low shots and even end up breaking the 4th wall lol
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 14, 2020 2:35 PM

Aug 2017
Damn, Mikoto vs Shokuhou "fight" was really hilarious. Looks like she used questionable methods to keep Shirai, Saten and Uiharu safe.

It looks like there will be epic battles in the following episodes.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 21, 2020 2:55 AM

Dec 2013
It's good to be able to watch another episode of this show.

Looks like Mikoto and Shokuho are officially teaming up. Shokuho definitely has some trust issues tho...

Shokuho falling behind towards the end was hilarious and someone finally points out her sparkly eyes!
Jun 18, 2020 10:42 PM

Jul 2008
Not a bad episode at all, but after so much mystery and action it was kind of a weird change of pace to suddenly have an episode full of exposition. The misunderstanding regarding Misaki was also solved so easily.
Aug 6, 2020 8:43 AM

Jun 2017
The Misaka and Shokuho combo is pretty entertaining. Shokuho blushing at not being able to keep up with Misaka was pretty cute too. One of those "out of character" kinds of cute.
Alpha-MethylAug 6, 2020 8:48 AM
Nov 19, 2020 12:41 AM
May 2020
I already had optimistic on Shokuhou before, and glad it turns out what i was expecting. She's such a good character there. I'm looking forward to see her action.
Mar 5, 2021 10:49 AM

Sep 2012
the argument between Misaka Mikoto and Shokuhou Misaki outside after the running (and nice timing to hilariously dumb wasting time, good for comedic relief) lol

didn't mention it before but while back when Shokuhou so Touma first time it was clear she fell for him from first sight, it seems to be turning in to harem anime :D
Sugram22Mar 5, 2021 10:59 AM
Apr 4, 2021 2:36 PM
Aug 2017
Sugram22 said:
didn't mention it before but while back when Shokuhou so Touma first time it was clear she fell for him from first sight, it seems to be turning in to harem anime :D

It's not the first time they meet.
Apr 10, 2021 10:37 PM

Jul 2017
Don't laugh at anime much, but the gag with Mikasa going into monologue mode about how Shokuhou could have betrayed her due to her not being in sight, only for her to exhaustingly be walking half-dead behind her caught me off guard. Given how many unfunny gags Kamachi's written for the franchise in general, this was one of the very few golden ones. They have such awful chemistry with each other, but at the same time, that's what makes the dynamic intriguing to watch as a whole. Makes the arc more interesting too considering the slow start.
Jun 29, 2021 8:51 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah, Kuroko brings nice balance to the group.. With understanding, when some things can be said, even if they might seem too harsh on Uiharu for Saten..
Jan 27, 2022 11:25 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm not completely sold on Shokuho's goodness yet... only sold on her looks so far, she hot af.
Aug 13, 2022 11:55 AM

Feb 2014
Way too much talking and info dump. Although nothing compared to what you usually see in Index.
The end was pretty wholesome with Misaka and Shokuhou bickering with each other. Maybe this will be the "beginning of a new friendship". Misaka is probably the only person with whom she can form an actual friendship or any sort of proper human connection, since she can't read her mind, mind control her and use her as a literal pawn/golem.
And As I thought Shokuhou was doing her own thing and had nothing to do with that fat creep and the purple haired loli. And I'm sure she won't be the bad guy in the end. For that matter, even Kouzaku doesn't seem like one.
Dec 16, 2022 2:25 PM

Aug 2019
i said it twice already but kuroko still falling for mikoto despite having her memory messed with is wonderful. and i cant stand the blonde whatever her name was but it feels like she is about to get some backstory thatll try to make me like her as a character more
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2023 5:43 AM

May 2020
Well it was about time we get the reasonings like, "Whatever Misaki did was for a greater good", so yeah I'm not really surprised when she revealed she wiped the memories of people around Misaka just so they couldn't get caught in mess, and she was protecting sisters from the people of MEMBER.

Still not a fan of her though, but I liked how she and Misaka were squabbling about towards the end. And lmao Misaka really commented about stars in her eyes.
Jun 17, 2023 11:06 AM

Nov 2010
Misaki is so hot! I get a hard-on whenever she's on screen. That is why she's the best girl in this show for me. I wish her PE uniform got ripped off when Misaka violently grabbed her. hehe

So, Misaki is not doing this out of goodwill. I wonder what her end goal is.
Nov 29, 2023 5:57 PM

Nov 2023
Misaki is so hot man, really hot.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Aug 7, 2020

54 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.