Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2020 10:47 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Only one episode more before the end. Fights were mediocre and rushed, as always, though the Manji vs Arashino was nice due Rin's role in it (it was still as goofy as in the manga, not as good, though).
Mar 18, 2020 11:30 AM
Jan 2008
Hard to follow what's going on at times, with the fast cuts from one point to another, the combat that only show certain things and the vague dialogue. Maybe it's just me. I'm not sure if the translation is really bad or if this is just how it is with anime.

As for the episode what was up with Gichi fighting Makie, didn't they help Rin in the previous episode, so she and Manji could save Makie? The alliances in this anime makes my head spin.
Mar 18, 2020 11:41 AM
Mar 2015
near the end running out of people to kill
Mar 18, 2020 1:21 PM

May 2018
1 more 2 go, RIP for that big Dutch guy.
Mar 18, 2020 1:29 PM
Apr 2016
What a gruesome episode... full of gore. Manji's fight was incredibly intense and good, even pushed him further than any other time. The pale girl was a monster, she's terrifying but still, just awesome! A ton happened this episode, to sum it up.
Mar 18, 2020 3:57 PM

Feb 2014
best girl is down after that bloodbath, I bet that woman with the bow on her wrist is behind the shooting
Mar 18, 2020 7:59 PM
Jun 2019
Wait... did Rin save manji with her blood?
Mar 18, 2020 9:00 PM

Mar 2019
That was amazing. Manji cutting that fucker's arm off while the guy is on fire, attaching it to himself, and then slicing him to pieces while looking like Popeye with a giant ass arm was pretty incredible. LOL. Really dug the fights here. Habaki vs Anotsu was also done really well.
Mar 19, 2020 3:14 AM

Jul 2017
Really going for the endgame now.

With the entire cast of the Itto-Ryu and Rokki-dan meeting, the penultimate battle is in their hands, own it or die at unmerciful hands.

Anotsu Kagehisa vs. Habaki Kagimura with the Adherence arc. Two leaders at their own strong will, with Manji fighting against Habaki's one of three warriors, Arashino.

In the case of Rin, as helpless as she could be in the face of Manji's dismemberment, she still remains strong in wilful spirit after being in journey with him until this moment, laying Manji in his immortality of revival in her sacrifice to defeat Arashino.

Giichi and Hyakurin trying to defeat Maki is like assuming defeat even before drawing their weapons. Even though they'd lost the battle, Hyakurin's baby is part of the buildup as well.

That cliffhanger though...was kinda unexpected, but see how they'll pull through with the finale next week.
Mar 19, 2020 5:00 AM

Nov 2019
That was definitely better than last week. Of course, it's still a shame that so much of the fights was cut (poor Makie only got the aftermath of her slaughter of the Rokki-dan), but I'd rather lose that than the character moments, and we got some good ones this week. I didn't even remember that scene with Magatsu giving Soma a ride and it was a pretty touching one. Giichi swallowing his honor and begging for mercy for Hyakurin and the baby's sake and Makie showing her enemies compassion was nice too. And of course, Rin showing just how much Manji has come to mean to her and how far she's willing to go for him.

Speaking of Manji, his fight got the short end of the stick animation-wise, but Anotsu vs Habaki had its moments. And seeing those two polar opposites finally clash at their most desperate is suitably intense and compelling. But that cliffhanger doesn't bode well for either of them (also, it was oddly similar to last week's ).

Anyway, the (somewhat bumpy) ride finally ends next week. Hope they have time to give all the main characters their proper sendoffs, at least. Especially Magatsu, who has been the standout character of this adaptation for me. Well, he was already my favorite in the manga as well, but I do feel he got treated the best out of all the Itto-ryuu (and possibly the entire cast) in this anime.
Mar 19, 2020 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
God damn it, that cliffhanger.

Also, I've been thinking this throughout the entire series, Manji is actually weak af. Dude always gets pounded and has that plot armour win the battle for him. But I love the guy though hah
Mar 19, 2020 7:23 PM
Aug 2014
Klad said:

Also, I've been thinking this throughout the entire series, Manji is actually weak af. Dude always gets pounded and has that plot armour win the battle for him. But I love the guy though hah

even states his skill with the sword is going down due to his immortality...
Mar 19, 2020 7:26 PM
Aug 2014
even though this adaption has crammed 30/31 volumes into 24 episodes i was hopeful for these last two episodes because the fights were good in the earlier episodes and i already read the manga so i wanted to see some good fight scenes but everything was so rushed... the quality is gone. oh well.
Mar 20, 2020 4:56 AM

Feb 2011
All this death is so tragic. I feel like the director is doing everything he can to salvage this show with the resources and circumstances he's been given, truly a shame, this episode would have been much more impactful if the pace of the show wasn't all over the place and time was properly allocated for characterization. Still I enjoyed it, looking forward for the final episode.
Mar 20, 2020 6:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Klad said:

LOL, yeah I was thinking the same. Does he ever win a serious battle with a worthy opponent without using that skill of his?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 20, 2020 10:58 AM

Jul 2019
Not like this! The smell of gunpowder. Oh, well...

Animation has become really bad and instead we got more gore and chopped off limbs. I must admit I have more of a bitter-sweet relationship with this anime now.
Mar 24, 2020 3:06 AM

Oct 2008
oh god that gunfire has a lot of collateral damage!
rip makie? and the only blood daughter of Habaki?
too bad!
at least Manji was able to defeat the big guy! by splitting him in half by the use of his own weapon and severed arm that use temporarily used!
5/5.

Apr 17, 2020 6:17 AM

Jul 2015
Even though it was supposed to be a serious moment, I couldn't hold my laughter when the big guy started to talk dutch with his accent

Quite the gruesome battles, guess this is the end for both Itto-ryu and Rokki, onto the last episode!

Jun 22, 2022 3:45 AM

Jul 2016
hilikusss said:
even though this adaption has crammed 30/31 volumes into 24 episodes i was hopeful for these last two episodes because the fights were good in the earlier episodes and i already read the manga so i wanted to see some good fight scenes but everything was so rushed... the quality is gone. oh well.

The whole thing is mega rushed... so many people just showing up with no real reason because they have clearly cut scenes from the manga...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 5 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Oct 30, 2019

23 by Apreggi »»
Yesterday, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 4 Discussion

Rider9530 - Oct 23, 2019

38 by Apreggi »»
Apr 21, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JustAnotherShiro - Oct 16, 2019

80 by Apreggi »»
Apr 21, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joseahfer - Oct 9, 2019

61 by Apreggi »»
Apr 19, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joseahfer - Oct 9, 2019

81 by Apreggi »»
Apr 19, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.