Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 7, 2020 12:29 PM

Sep 2010
lovexLuffy said:
To all of those thinking he solely likes karuta simply because of Chihaya, that's not the case anymore. It may have started that way, but over time, he began to enjoy the game and wanted to achieve much more. Now, he has his own goals and aspirations, it's not merely for love anymore, and hasn't been for a very considerable amount of time.

Taichi doesn't like or love karuta. That's why he gets along with Sou, however (spoiler for a future match not covered in the anime)
Jun 16, 2020 3:17 PM

Jun 2015
Ahhhh..!!! Both Arata and Taichi are good. I really can't choose my ship even this far at 3rd season. Taichi finally faces his cowardice and take a step forward. I'm glad that he admits about his stealing Arata's glasses. The symbolism of karuta becoming black is good as well.

Chihaya knows that Taichi is important, but she never realizes that he is this important.
Jul 12, 2020 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
This hurts finally this point has been reached, between Arara and Taichi I am a fan of Taichi he has been thru a lot during the anime, fighting against Chihaya's talent, Arata's shadow, frustration and more.
The way he has confessed to her was pretty brave acknowledging his mistakes and not denying them is brave.

Taichi leaving the club behind and stealing a kiss from her is selfish but is also a way to say goodbye, at least for now, leaving the club is the best decision but I can't believe that Chihaya can be that selfish I know she cares for both but that's really selfish to ask to someone, but you can't blame this airhead, that's part of her charm.

Can't wait to see the last episode and please take your time for the 4th season but this will be a painful waiting.
Aug 21, 2020 4:33 PM

Apr 2019
Break my heart then.....break my heart into 1 million pieces then...

Dec 7, 2020 7:55 PM
Jan 2017
This was kind of expected to happen.The series screamed much earlier that she saw Arata as more than just a friend.

Taichi pretty much throughout the series didn't put any sort of effort to woo Chihaya despite being with her all the time. Chihaya and Taichi's relationship was platonic all the time.Considering the camaraderie between Chihaya and Taichi,Taichi had to put only to small amount of effort.Only little extra push was needed from his side but damn he went on to confess his love to her without laying any sort of foundation and we are seeing a fallen soldier now.

In Arata's case we saw in S2 that she wrote poems keeping him in mind.Now that is the thing mere friends don't do with each other. Kanade knew it and as a good friend she warned Taichi about this but damn he ignored her warnings.In S3 after his confession she was probably over the moon.She is even nervous to face him.It is good kind type of nervousness she is having.She is not nervous because she is uncomfortable to face him or anything.Arata has not got any answer from his for his confession but also she still has not rejected him after so many days so I guess he and we as an audience have got an answer.

After that rejection Taichi has to become Master if he has to win Chihaya. That is pretty much the only way. LOL
CoreFinderDec 7, 2020 8:24 PM
Dec 11, 2020 7:21 PM
Dec 2016
That's it, I really hate Taichi now, especially for everything he did in this episode! How dumb he is, so selfish and...arrghh I can't take it anymore.
He makes Chihaya feels guilty, what a man.

I really hope for more development between Chihaya x Arata!
Dec 22, 2020 12:08 AM

Oct 2012
@Enigma-kun

It was indeed a selfish action, a necessary selfish action, to step away from it all. From everything that was making him feel so unhappy. Sometimes you need to be selfish or you will be crushed.

That's what Taichi did.

Ofcourse it's not Chihaya's fault, but she sure deserved a wake up call. It's too bad the anime ends on the pivotal moment of the story. Everything is building up to this moment to bring on CHANGE after.
Jan 28, 2021 1:19 AM

Jul 2020
Taichi dug his own grave :((((((( The animation is soooo amazing I love madhouse sm now for the last episode.
Jan 28, 2021 1:20 AM

Jul 2020
Taichi dug his own grave :((((((( The animation is soooo amazing I love madhouse sm now for the last episode.
Feb 11, 2021 6:47 AM

Nov 2019
Taichi Taichi Taichi ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
His confession is the most beautiful I ever heard. I want to hug him.

------------
I remember when watching "Chihayafuru 1 / Episode 1", I thought the character that I will hate is Taichi. By time, I discovered that I was mistaken. He has become the most character I love in anime world.
Mar 3, 2021 1:36 PM

Jun 2010
Some people here clearly have not been in the same situation to call Taichi as being dumb and selfish...

In my opinion, the confession was an incredible character development moment for Taichi - he said it aloud despite knowing he would be rejected, and it was him facing his own fears and cowardice head-on instead of running away like he did all these years.

Rejection is difficult to deal with for both sides, especially when they have known each other for ages and cherish each other the most. But even with the years-long friendship, it's impossible to stay close to person who has just rejected you. It doesn't mean that your friendship is ruined, but distance is needed to let the pain heal.

However, even setting the boundaries to that distance is painful, because they have always been together, and being apart leaves a crucifying void. It's understandable that Chihaya wants Taichi to stay, and it's understandable that he can't.

I've never seen this kind of situation to be shown so well in any type of media - the pain felt through the characters was almost physical. I think this has cemented Chihayafuru as my favourite anime of all times, because nothing else has made me feel the same way as this show.
Mar 11, 2021 10:21 AM

Nov 2018
All of you are reacting as if it wasn't expected.

Taichi returned to Karuta only because of Chihaya. His main goal?Prove that he is better than Arata , stop feeling inferior to him both as a player and a person.
Poor guy suffered and changed so much just for her. Is he egotistical?Perhaps , but Chihaya ignoring feelings of both Arata and Mashiba is much more selfish and the desire to just be friends and play karuta forever is childish and extremely selfish.

Arata geniunely loves Chihaya and he was fine even with Taichi being with her only if it made Chihaya happy. Is Arata's love more pure?Perhaps. Is Arata a better person?No , they are both good people suffering because of Chihaya's selfishness.

Chihaya just wants to play karuta and be the best at it. She also wants to just keep playing karuta with her childhood friends Taichi and Arata , but she doesn't really want to acknowledge their real feelings. I don't think she was that blind , she rather preferred to just keep everything the same as in childhood. Chihaya is really selfish and immature. No idea what she's up to now , but Arata is like an idol to her(maybe she also has feelings for him?) and Taichi is her closest friend(not anymore?).

Oof , last season is gonna be really interesting.

I hate everyone equally
Mar 27, 2021 10:11 PM

Aug 2018
WHAT...HAS...HAPPENED?. I was expecting something funny (the first part of the chapter) and then this happens. the chapter was good but...damn
Apr 24, 2021 3:37 PM
Apr 2021
Holyy... this episodio literally broke my heart. everything was so beautiful and dramatic, even the reject. IM SO SAD FOR TAICHI, i love him so much :(
May 5, 2021 3:24 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This is definitely going to come across as petty and overly dramatic to some people. But if you’re as invested in this as much as I am, you gotta admit, it’s kind of sad actually. Man there’s only one episode left no way they can even begin to tie up all these loose ends with that. Thought this was sort of the conclusion to the series but I guess it goes on? Haven’t read the source material but I don’t know really.

The stories behind the master and the queen that this show took its time to tell have kind of faded into the background, would’ve liked to see a bit more but I guess with their wins and their realization of their passions and drives tied it up good enough. But again, only one episode left... hope they even just give us something simple like arata just asking to play Taichi again or something. If we’re going to be left completely hanging I’m gonna be sad because nowhere has there any talk about a chihayafuru “4”. If this season can wrap up in a barely satisfactory way, I’ll still give it the 7 it deserves. If this last episode absolutely delivers, I won’t hesitate to give it an 8.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 7, 2021 9:16 PM

Jan 2021
When Taichi said "do you think I'm made of stone or something?" Man that fucking hit me.
Chihaya just seems like she's just living inside her fantasies which is kinda annoying like think ffs, she's too dense and wants everyone around her to be just as enthusiastic as her, like she kinda seems controlling even when she told him to not leave the club it was really rude not even asking him why he left or how he feels :/ I get that she's kinda dumb
May 7, 2021 9:22 PM

Jan 2021
Zevven said:

Chihaya just wants to play karuta and be the best at it. She also wants to just keep playing karuta with her childhood friends Taichi and Arata , but she doesn't really want to acknowledge their real feelings. I don't think she was that blind , she rather preferred to just keep everything the same as in childhood. Chihaya is really selfish and immature.

Man I totally agree, it's like she's forcing her own goal upon people and want them to keep tagging along with her all the time without even considering how they feel.
May 10, 2021 4:21 AM
May 2021
In lockdown I've come to anime for entertainment, and one of the shows I've picked up is Chihayafuru.

I've just now finished the series and wanted to gauge audience reactions, so I began reading comments here and on reddit; I suppose I shouldn't have been too surprised, but wow... some of you are something else.

Imagine having a best friend who you practically do everything with, you've known each other since childhood and then one day out of the blue they suddenly confess. You're taken aback–where did this come from? how long have they felt like this? You can only apologise and the ensuing week or so is, of course, awkward.

New semester begins, and as you're about to try to recruit more members to the club that's become central to your lives, you discover your best friend has suddenly decided to quit, taking his ball and going home. You run after them, asking them to not quit, but instead they go in for a kiss and then come out with the a doozy: 'I'm not made of stone'.

In response to this scenario, the consensus is, 'oh taichi deserves more', 'oh chihaya is selfish'. Wow. At this point it feels like I've been watching something else.

Deserve? Taichi isn't owed a single damn thing. Just because he's been nice and patient, doesn't mean Chihaya has any obligation to him whatsoever, nevermind the topic of romance. One of the comments in this thread is to the tune of: 'just saying sorry isn't a good enough response.' The entitlement. I fear for some of your social lives in the future if you think you are owed a proportionate response to romantic gestures (how would you measure that anyway?). I can't believe I'm having to type this out, but here we are.

'I'm not made of stone'. Don't make me laugh. Bailing on the karuta club because you've been rejected—of which you are president, and know full well is the social pillar in its members' lives—is pure selfishness, and yet more cowardice. Taichi has atrocious communication skills, constantly leaving Chihaya in the dark and doing things on his own. Perhaps in his mind the result would've been worth it, but in reality that behaviour is isolating. This guy has never said a thing, he never tells Chihaya how he feels about any part of his life, so much so that Chihaya begins weeping when she can't figure out why Taichi is increasingly distant and seemingly hurting. She clearly cares for his wellbeing but so many of you blame her! haha, yes it's somehow her fault, apparently she should know the inner feelings of everyone she's 'stringing along'. The Chihaya who went out of her way to call 35 people from around the country & devise a special tournament for Taichi's birthday is selfish btw.

How could the the result have been anything else when he ambushes her with his confession? as he's gone out of his way to invisible until he's ready. Life doesn't work that way, it doesn't wait for you. He's had 2 years to do anything, he even has a wingwoman who's trying to push Chihaya to him and he creates obstacles. Remember, all the meanwhile this is the person who tells prospective suitors that he is Chihaya's boyfriend, and in season 1 Taichi is the one who took Chihaya's phone and deleted a guy's number (the audience was shown it was a creep, but it could have been anyone)—I never see this brought up but that was unbelievable to me, the audacity to be that controlling. 'I don't like who you are around Arata'. We know, because he's always there looming over Chihaya in every single scene.

The infuriating thing is Chihaya, being Chihaya, then makes it her problem. She makes herself responsible, she thinks she's the rock that's smashed his spirit. This is what a lot of women have to go through, having relationships collapse because friendliness can get misconstrued and then romantic feelings aren't reciprocated. It absolutely sucks, and by bailing, Taichi is in effect labeling himself a failed opportunist, if that's all past 2 years were for.

Let's call a spade a spade, many of you see yourselves as Taichi. In terms of representation in the anime, where do you think Taichi and Arata stack up? It's completely lopsided, we're shown so, so much of Taichi's life in comparison. So of course he is going to be a well-developed character. Many of the Karuta players are incredibly good—some almost verging on the supernatural—so is it not natural to align your wishes with the character who's shown to be working for it? I understand

'Taichi is suffering'. Born to the rich family (100k yen for christmas was it?), goes to the most prestigious middle school, has money to enter tournaments he likely won't even compete in. His 'suffering' is the same anxieties we all face growing up as teenagers.

Arata is moved around as a child because his dad doesn't get on with his grandpa, he grows up poor and mocked at school for his accent and clothes. Then, while still so young, practically provides hospice care to his his grandfather, his idol, and it's his death which poisons his passion of karuta when he absent for his death. He spends a year killing himself over it. That isn't suffering? Again, and this is with what could pass as snippets in terms of how much we see of Arata's life in the series on the whole.

I think I'm being hard on Taichi's character, but it's because I see me. I've done what he's doing, these are teenagers a lof of us have been/are/going to be. The fact he's going through these things is better for him in the long run, he'll be a better adult, but make no mistake—unless he really works on himself and examines who he is, he'll never be happy. In a parallel universe, where Chihaya magically says yes, 5 years down the line—when the passion and lust have leveled off—he will would've created another obstacle in his life.

The Taichi fan club make allowances for everything in his life and I had to say something, even his mother isn't actually that bad. In one line she reveals so much, stating, 'you always keep things inside, you need to exhale and let it out' or words to that effect. Taichi is his own worst enemy, and he knows that.

Chihaya is a caring, emotional girl, but she isn't an empty shell ready to be claimed by whoever puts in the most effort. She can make her own decisions and have them be respected, without being framed as an uncaring moron because she doesn't go with your pick.
May 10, 2021 6:35 AM

Oct 2019
shimshamshim said:
In lockdown I've come to anime for entertainment, and one of the shows I've picked up is Chihayafuru.

I've just now finished the series and wanted to gauge audience reactions, so I began reading comments here and on reddit; I suppose I shouldn't have been too surprised, but wow... some of you are something else.

Imagine having a best friend who you practically do everything with, you've known each other since childhood and then one day out of the blue they suddenly confess. You're taken aback–where did this come from? how long have they felt like this? You can only apologise and the ensuing week or so is, of course, awkward.

New semester begins, and as you're about to try to recruit more members to the club that's become central to your lives, you discover your best friend has suddenly decided to quit, taking his ball and going home. You run after them, asking them to not quit, but instead they go in for a kiss and then come out with the a doozy: 'I'm not made of stone'.

In response to this scenario, the consensus is, 'oh taichi deserves more', 'oh chihaya is selfish'. Wow. At this point it feels like I've been watching something else.

Deserve? Taichi isn't owed a single damn thing. Just because he's been nice and patient, doesn't mean Chihaya has any obligation to him whatsoever, nevermind the topic of romance. One of the comments in this thread is to the tune of: 'just saying sorry isn't a good enough response.' The entitlement. I fear for some of your social lives in the future if you think you are owed a proportionate response to romantic gestures (how would you measure that anyway?). I can't believe I'm having to type this out, but here we are.

'I'm not made of stone'. Don't make me laugh. Bailing on the karuta club because you've been rejected—of which you are president, and know full well is the social pillar in its members' lives—is pure selfishness, and yet more cowardice. Taichi has atrocious communication skills, constantly leaving Chihaya in the dark and doing things on his own. Perhaps in his mind the result would've been worth it, but in reality that behaviour is isolating. This guy has never said a thing, he never tells Chihaya how he feels about any part of his life, so much so that Chihaya begins weeping when she can't figure out why Taichi is increasingly distant and seemingly hurting. She clearly cares for his wellbeing but so many of you blame her! haha, yes it's somehow her fault, apparently she should know the inner feelings of everyone she's 'stringing along'. The Chihaya who went out of her way to call 35 people from around the country & devise a special tournament for Taichi's birthday is selfish btw.

How could the the result have been anything else when he ambushes her with his confession? as he's gone out of his way to invisible until he's ready. Life doesn't work that way, it doesn't wait for you. He's had 2 years to do anything, he even has a wingwoman who's trying to push Chihaya to him and he creates obstacles. Remember, all the meanwhile this is the person who tells prospective suitors that he is Chihaya's boyfriend, and in season 1 Taichi is the one who took Chihaya's phone and deleted a guy's number (the audience was shown it was a creep, but it could have been anyone)—I never see this brought up but that was unbelievable to me, the audacity to be that controlling. 'I don't like who you are around Arata'. We know, because he's always there looming over Chihaya in every single scene.

The infuriating thing is Chihaya, being Chihaya, then makes it her problem. She makes herself responsible, she thinks she's the rock that's smashed his spirit. This is what a lot of women have to go through, having relationships collapse because friendliness can get misconstrued and then romantic feelings aren't reciprocated. It absolutely sucks, and by bailing, Taichi is in effect labeling himself a failed opportunist, if that's all past 2 years were for.

Let's call a spade a spade, many of you see yourselves as Taichi. In terms of representation in the anime, where do you think Taichi and Arata stack up? It's completely lopsided, we're shown so, so much of Taichi's life in comparison. So of course he is going to be a well-developed character. Many of the Karuta players are incredibly good—some almost verging on the supernatural—so is it not natural to align your wishes with the character who's shown to be working for it? I understand

'Taichi is suffering'. Born to the rich family (100k yen for christmas was it?), goes to the most prestigious middle school, has money to enter tournaments he likely won't even compete in. His 'suffering' is the same anxieties we all face growing up as teenagers.

Arata is moved around as a child because his dad doesn't get on with his grandpa, he grows up poor and mocked at school for his accent and clothes. Then, while still so young, practically provides hospice care to his his grandfather, his idol, and it's his death which poisons his passion of karuta when he absent for his death. He spends a year killing himself over it. That isn't suffering? Again, and this is with what could pass as snippets in terms of how much we see of Arata's life in the series on the whole.

I think I'm being hard on Taichi's character, but it's because I see me. I've done what he's doing, these are teenagers a lof of us have been/are/going to be. The fact he's going through these things is better for him in the long run, he'll be a better adult, but make no mistake—unless he really works on himself and examines who he is, he'll never be happy. In a parallel universe, where Chihaya magically says yes, 5 years down the line—when the passion and lust have leveled off—he will would've created another obstacle in his life.

The Taichi fan club make allowances for everything in his life and I had to say something, even his mother isn't actually that bad. In one line she reveals so much, stating, 'you always keep things inside, you need to exhale and let it out' or words to that effect. Taichi is his own worst enemy, and he knows that.

Chihaya is a caring, emotional girl, but she isn't an empty shell ready to be claimed by whoever puts in the most effort. She can make her own decisions and have them be respected, without being framed as an uncaring moron because she doesn't go with your pick.

Hot damn, this has been an entertaining read alright. Im behind ya in everything. Its always nice to see whenever someone actually speaks out about this.
May 24, 2021 8:35 AM
Aug 2020
Yahari? He interpreted the "lez play karuta together" as "LETS SPEND OUR LIVES TOGETHER" OMGGGGGG IS THAT A CONFESSION OR A PROPOSAL???? :O
Jul 16, 2021 2:14 AM

Jul 2015
Incredible episode... just the feels alone on the crucial turning point in relation between Taichi and Chihaya...from the beautiful confession scene with the silent rejection of "i'm sorry"..

Oct 20, 2021 5:35 AM

Feb 2019
Ah, I feel cold and numb. This is the saddest I've ever been in Chihayafuru, hands down.

The sakura petals flowing into the clubroom was beautiful. But all I can say is that Taichi's pain was visible, and I felt it along with him, even if only partly. Especially at the end.

Taichi... ;-;
Oct 26, 2021 2:22 AM
Nov 2019
This episode was such an emotional mess, it kinda took a while to process things in my mind. However one thing that struck the most was how conflicted my feelings were for Taichi, at one point I'm angry at him for making Chihaya feel like dirt for liking someone else other than him, Chihaya doesn't owe Taichi anything, and christ! Dont get me started on that nonconsensual kiss, I didn't feel the slightest bit of romantic excitement with that kiss, I just felt angry, it was such a selfish thing to do. Quitting the club was understandable even though it was heartbreaking. But on the other hand, I can't help but feel sorry for him... not because Chihaya doesn't like him cause honestly I don't really want her to end up with anyone, but because he has so much to resolve in his heart and he doesn't know how to help himself so he runs away, he's someone filled with envy, and I just hope that season 4 will deliver his character development.
TecheadOct 26, 2021 2:26 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 8, 2022 7:28 PM
May 2018
Now that Taichi has kissed her, i feel like chihaya and Taichi will end up together in far future. I mean maybe it's due to my culture but I can't see them in a situation where Arata and Chihaya marry while Taichi is stil their friend. How awkward can it get for Chiharata son/daughter to know his favourite uncle kissed her mother. I know I am thinking too much (´-﹏-`;) but it will feel awkward if it gets to that point
Mar 2, 2022 10:32 AM
Jul 2020
chihaya takes a lot of time to realise taichi always beside her. she is dumb tbh. sometimes, i be like "what did author think?" "why made the character like that". idk but why i feel like author dislike taichi so much though. they should stick this anime to SPORTS only. it hurts so much if one day chihaya choose to be with arata. i shouldnt have watch this anime tbh. my blood boiled so much.
Mar 23, 2022 2:23 AM

Dec 2020
Honestly I'm glad chihaya finally realized how much taichi meant when he was leaving. Always there to support and help her, but always the afterthought.

When he said he can't stand the way she is when it comes it Arata, always thinking, calling, wanting to see him first before him, I can understand that. Plus there have been previous scenes where chihaya just thinks "its just taichi", it could mean she's just so comfortable with him, but at the same time it's "just" taichi.
Jan 29, 2023 7:09 PM
Jun 2013
I have made my hate for Taichi known. But I give credit where it's due...he finally stopped being a punk and went all out. I respect it. But then I took it back because he quit the club. When he didn't return Sumire's feelings, she didn't quit, even though in the beginning she said that was her sole reason for joining. When Taichi didn't get his way, he quit. He knew that would hurt Chihaya. Then he sneaks a kiss on her while she's emotional...dude is a scumbag for real.

This episode just made me respect Sumire that much more!
Jan 29, 2023 7:28 PM
Jun 2013
straggy said:
It's amazing how every scene starring Taichi manages to make me hate him more. How does anyone stand this annoying lump? I'm glad he's out of the club - hopefully he's out of the show full stop.
You and me are on the same page. It is crazy...I have read through so many comments praising Taichi throughout this series and I have literally hated him since day one. He is an absolute scumbag. He is a cowardly, passive-aggressive, jealous, controlling, manipulative, insecure, privileged, beta male. I have almost no sympathy for him (especially after this episode.)
Mar 4, 2023 3:44 AM

Oct 2012
animeguy17 said:
straggy said:
It's amazing how every scene starring Taichi manages to make me hate him more. How does anyone stand this annoying lump? I'm glad he's out of the club - hopefully he's out of the show full stop.
You and me are on the same page. It is crazy...I have read through so many comments praising Taichi throughout this series and I have literally hated him since day one. He is an absolute scumbag. He is a cowardly, passive-aggressive, jealous, controlling, manipulative, insecure, privileged, beta male. I have almost no sympathy for him (especially after this episode.)

maybe you feel that way which is fine, but the Mangaka and Madhouse sure didn't ;)
Mar 5, 2023 8:41 PM
Jun 2013
chiakimagoto said:
animeguy17 said:

maybe you feel that way which is fine, but the Mangaka and Madhouse sure didn't ;)
Very true. Although, from reading the manga, I've recently learned that Taichi is the most popular character in the story (by polls). So, I do think the mangaka shifted the writing to favor him more because of his popularity. 
Mar 6, 2023 2:13 AM

Oct 2012
animeguy17 said:
chiakimagoto said:

Very true. Although, from reading the manga, I've recently learned that Taichi is the most popular character in the story (by polls). So, I do think the mangaka shifted the writing to favor him more because of his popularity. 

I wonder how she did that when picking the poems for their names was done from chapter one of the manga. Why do you think his confession was so elaborated in the first place in the anime and manga!? The turning point of this story. The Mangaka pushed his popularity all by herself, she was the one keeping an eye on it from the start and knew very well what she was doing.

I guess I won't say more here since it's anime only but chapter by chapter, poem by poem the way was paved to the ending, carefully. This could only be done when knowing the direction from the start. I definitely wouldn't take her so lightly. She knew her subject very well: the karuta sports part but also the Hyakunin Isshu, the literary poetic part. She made sure to have the right people help her in both domains.
chiakimagotoMar 6, 2023 9:43 AM
Mar 6, 2023 7:30 AM
Jun 2013
chiakimagoto said:
animeguy17 said:

I wonder how she did that when picking the poems for their names was done from chapter one of the manga. Why do you think his confession was so elaborated in the first place in the anime and manga!? The turning point of this story. The Mangaka pushed his popularity all by herself, she was the one keeping an eye on it from the start and knew very well what she was doing.

I guess I won't say more here since it's anime only but chapter by chapter, poem by poem the way was paved to the ending, carefully. This could only be done when knowing the direction from the start. I definitely wouldn't take her so lightly. She knew her subject very well: the karuta sports part but also the Hyakunin Isshu, the literary poetic part. She made sure to have the right people help her in both domains.
My view on that stems from what I saw in the plot development (the way Chihaya interacted with the two of them.

But I will admit to not paying as much attention to some of the poems. On my rewatch/reread, I'll definitely look more into that. Thanks!
Mar 6, 2023 11:50 PM
Nov 2020
I wonder what she said exactly
Mar 7, 2023 6:16 AM

Oct 2012
animeguy17 said:
chiakimagoto said:

My view on that stems from what I saw in the plot development (the way Chihaya interacted with the two of them.

But I will admit to not paying as much attention to some of the poems. On my rewatch/reread, I'll definitely look more into that. Thanks!

Yes actually the poems are very important to convey the feelings of certain situations when no words are explaining them except the feelings of the poets....also some situations are drawn to align with the poems....the hints are crazy, to even paying attention to numbers that have been slid into panels to take note of because they fit with the poems...

Have a nice day
Apr 25, 2023 8:19 AM

Jul 2016
For a someone who only played the game to be with one person, it's insane how much Taichi played his heart out while somehow getting the grades that he does. It only makes sense that no longer having his one driving force would kill any and all reasons to keep playing.

Chihaya being unable to continue the speech hurt to watch in such a unique kind of way, man. Can't believe they're really dropping a bombshell this big when there's just an ep left.
Aug 11, 2023 11:00 AM

Oct 2012
FarCritical said:
For a someone who only played the game to be with one person, it's insane how much Taichi played his heart out while somehow getting the grades that he does. It only makes sense that no longer having his one driving force would kill any and all reasons to keep playing.

Chihaya being unable to continue the speech hurt to watch in such a unique kind of way, man. Can't believe they're really dropping a bombshell this big when there's just an ep left.

Because the anime ends on chapter 138 of the manga, when the manga has 247 chapters in total....but you could say this is the pivotal moment of the story.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.