Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 16, 2020 11:25 AM

Aug 2012
What is FAL? Click here.

Registration

After you have read the rules and picked out your 7 seasonal anime, go to this website to register your team: http://mfal.website/reg/index.php
  1. Enter your MAL username EXACTLY as it appears on your profile (to avoid formatting issues, we strongly urge you to copy and paste it.)
  2. Click the continue button.
  3. Choose the seven anime which form your team from the dropdowns. Carefully arrange which anime you would like to start on your bench.
  4. Copy the "verification code" which has been generated for you and go to your Profile Settings on MAL. Paste the into the "Location field" and click submit. Check that the code now appears on your profile.
  5. Go back to the registration page and make any final changes to your team. Then click "Register Team."
  6. You can now remove the verification code from your profile.
Note: a new code will be generated every time you visit the Registration page.

Registration Deadline: March 29, 18:00 UTC
If there is a problem with this deadline, please feel free to contact the FAL Staff to discuss it.

If you change your mind after registering, you are free to re-register a new team by repeating the instructions outlined above.

Rules

The rules for the Fall 2019 season are now void and shall be replaced by the following rules:
  1. Each player will make a team by choosing 5 active anime and 2 bench anime from the Spring 2020 season, listed in the next post. Please note that movies/OVAs/ONAs/specials are not in the list.
  2. Sequels can be used freely in your team, but you may choose only 1 from the following list: Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara or Fruits Basket 2nd Season. The anime Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan[/i], Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen, and Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season are special exceptions and will not be eligible to be selected as part of your team.
  3. The Spring 2020 season will start on March 30, 2020.
  4. Points will only accumulate within the 14 weeks this FAL season is in session. Later episodes and weeks will not count toward a team's score. In addition, episode discussion forum posts that were posted before the FAL season starts will not count.
  5. Only the active anime on a team will score points; the bench anime will not score any points.
  6. A player may swap up to 3 anime during the entire FAL season and can only swap every 3 weeks. Click here to learn more about bench swaps. The only exception to this is through the use of the extra swap wildcard.
  7. Players will not be required to be active for the duration of the FAL season. Nor will they be required to actually watch the anime on their team. They will simply need to set a bracket at the beginning, let their anime rack up points, and swap benches and/or use the wildcard/aces when they feel it is beneficial to their score.
  8. In the event that 2 or more teams wind up with the same score at the end of the FAL season, their bench anime will be used as a tiebreaker. The team with the bench anime that score the most points during the entire FAL season will win.
  9. In the event that an anime has not begun airing by week 5, the anime will be disqualified and points will no longer be tallied for it. It will not be replaced with another anime.
  10. In the event that an anime's database entry is removed after the FAL season has started, the anime will be disqualified and points will no longer be tallied for it. It will not be replaced with another anime.

The top 3 will be awarded with a banner for extra bragging rights!

If a player decides/needs to change their username while FAL is running, the FAL Staff must be notified immediately via private message to FALbot. Swaps, aces, and wildcard requests will be rendered invalid if the player's username has been changed without notifying the staff!

Points Criteria

Automatically counted points:
The following points are counted without any input from the player over the course of the FAL season:
  • Weekly points:
    • +1 point for each user on MAL who legitimately has the anime under "Currently Watching" or "Completed" that week.
    • Double the anime's "Currently Watching" and "Completed" points for the week if 3% or fewer of the teams have it included in their active anime.
    • +25 points for each forum post in the anime's episode discussion threads in the previous two weeks (counted every two weeks using the replies column and the number of threads found on the anime's discussion board).

• Additional points:
    • +3000*((un)weighted score) points for score ratings on MAL upon week 3.
    • +6000*((un)weighted score) points for score ratings on MAL upon week 7.
    • +9000*((un)weighted score) points for score ratings on MAL upon week 10.
    • +12000*((un)weighted score) points for score ratings on MAL at the end of the FAL season (week 14).
    • −4 points for each user who has anime under "Dropped" upon week 4.
    • −6 points for each user who has anime under "Dropped" upon week 8.
    • −8 points for each user who has anime under "Dropped" upon week 11.
    • −10 points for each user who has anime under "Dropped" at the end of the FAL season (week 14).
    • +25 points for each user who has favorited the anime upon week 5.
    • +50 points for each user who has favorited the anime upon week 8.
    • +75 points for each user who has favorited the anime upon week 11 and at the end of the FAL season (week 14).
    • +4000 points for the team that gets the highest unique score that week. A team may receive this bonus only 1 time per FAL season.
    • +2000 points for each English-speaking region that simulcasts the anime in English in each of the following regions: USA, Canada, UK/Ireland, and Australia/New Zealand. The regions must be confirmed on MAL News' official Spring 2020 Simulcast List thread. The number of companies that simulcast an anime is irrelevant; only which region(s) it gets simulcast in matter. Simulcast points are counted in week 5.
    • +10000 points if licensed in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand upon week 13. This is restricted to 1 license per anime. Licenses shall be defined by MAL News' official Q2 2020 Anime Licenses thread and their sources. A home video release must be announced or heavily implied. Companies that solely get simulcasting licenses will be excluded. In the event that the thread's OP has not been updated recently enough to include all credible sources linked in the threads' comments, FAL staff will verify those sources and award points accordingly.
Strategically counted points:
The following points are determined based on the player's discretion.
  • Wildcard
    All players are given the opportunity to choose 1 of the following options as a wildcard starting on week 9 of the FAL season:
    1. The booster. Add a one-time 3000 point bonus to the team's score for the week.
    2. An extra swap. At a cost of 1500 points, immediately swap a bench anime with an active anime. To use this wildcard, the player must 1) send a PM saying he or she wants to use the wildcard swap and 2) post in the Bench Swaps thread as if the player were making a normal swap.
    3. The nuke (up version). At a cost of 1500 points, subtract X points from the team above or at the same rank as the team of the player using the nuke.
    4. The nuke (down version). At a cost of 1500 points, subtract X points from the team below or at the same rank as the team of the player using the nuke.
    The team rankings of the previous week will be used for a nuke. X = 6750 in weeks 9–12, 5750 in week 13, and 4750 in week 14. If a player uses the nuke and the rank above/below is shared by more than 1 team, the nuke receiver will be determined randomly.
  • Ace
    In any week of the FAL season, 1 active anime on a team may be declared as the "Ace." The Ace will take effect the next time the scores are counted. The player's team will receive:
    • +3000 points if the Ace becomes the anime with the most points on the team for that week.
    • −3000 points if the Ace does not become the anime with the most points on the team for that week.
    Furthermore,
    • Aces are available as soon as the FAL season begins.
    • Each anime on a team may be declared as an Ace only 1 time per FAL season.
    • Once an anime passes 55,000 members in "Currently Watching" and "Completed" combined, the anime is no longer eligible to be an Ace. The anime with the next highest total points on the team will then be awarded points if correctly declared as the Ace. For for information about the Ace, read the FAQ.

A player may use Wildcards and Aces by PMing FALbot.

AlexTheRiotMar 19, 2020 8:46 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 16, 2020 11:26 AM

Aug 2012
The following anime are eligible this season with no exceptions:
Appare-Ranman!
Argonavis from BanG Dream!
Arte
BNA
Bungou to Alchemist: Shinpan no Haguruma
Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited
Gal to Kyouryuu
Gleipnir
Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou!
Houkago Teibou Nisshi
Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season
Jashin-chan Dropkick'
Kakushigoto (TV)
Kami no Tou
Kingdom 3rd Season
Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro
Listeners
Major 2nd (TV) 2nd Season
Nami yo Kiitekure
No Guns Life 2nd Season
Ore no Yubi de Midarero.: Heitengo Futarikiri no Salon de...
Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta...
Princess Connect! Re:Dive
Shachou, Battle no Jikan Desu!
Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation
Shironeko Project: Zero Chronicle
Tamayomi
Tsugu Tsugumomo
Yesterday wo Utatte
Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens

The following are considered exceptions and you may have a maximum of one (1) of these in your team:
Fruits Basket 2nd Season
Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara

The following anime are ineligible and may not be chosen:

Again, make sure you check the post above to read how to correctly register for the FAL Spring 2020 season. It is important to copy and paste the titles so that they match with the titles listed in our database.

If we are missing any anime or any of the above information is incorrect as it pertains to the Spring 2020 season, please let us know ASAP!
KinetaMar 16, 2020 11:41 AM
Mar 16, 2020 11:29 AM

Mar 2012
It works!

Python 3.7.3

This is what shown on registration page.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 16, 2020 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
I'm kind of surprised you're going ahead with FAL considering anime productions are getting delayed or shut down because of the coronavirus. Random episode delays are a guarantee. It's possible some series that listed could be delayed before Spring starts or cancelled mid season.

This isn't something that you can really predict when picking a team. There is a good chance that any random anime will be hit will massive production issues. It's a lot more luck-based than all the other mechanics of FAL. If you're around long enough you can tell what shows will be popular on MAL but you'll have no way to know what shows will be hit with delays. This season you can lose because of just unpredictable bad luck, not just because you made bad team choices. I don't really like that.
Mar 19, 2020 3:34 PM
Jan 2015
NeoAnkara said:
It works!

Python 3.7.3

This is what shown on registration page.

Try http://mfal.website/reg/index.php
Mar 19, 2020 3:47 PM
Jan 2015
StormSky92 said:
I'm kind of surprised you're going ahead with FAL considering anime productions are getting delayed or shut down because of the coronavirus. Random episode delays are a guarantee. It's possible some series that listed could be delayed before Spring starts or cancelled mid season.

This isn't something that you can really predict when picking a team. There is a good chance that any random anime will be hit will massive production issues. It's a lot more luck-based than all the other mechanics of FAL. If you're around long enough you can tell what shows will be popular on MAL but you'll have no way to know what shows will be hit with delays. This season you can lose because of just unpredictable bad luck, not just because you made bad team choices. I don't really like that.

Alex said this in the club comments:
Keep in mind, we will be monitoring the current situation as it pertains to Japan and its animation studios. If the state of things there begins to worsen, similar to EU and NA, we may be forced to cancel the season mid-way in the worst case scenario.

In the meantime, we will proceed with the season until we have ample reason to make any change.
Mar 20, 2020 5:58 AM

Mar 2012
Well I still cannot register at all. Now the problem is that either it is invalid or the page just unresponsive.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 20, 2020 1:05 PM
Jan 2015
NeoAnkara said:
Well I still cannot register at all. Now the problem is that either it is invalid or the page just unresponsive.

Really sorry about that, the code is pretty fragile and we didn't update it correctly. Registration should work now. However, someone else said that the Check Your Team functionality is broken. It works for me so please let me know if it's broken for you as well so I can get more information to fix it.

Edit: I see your team where we store our team registrations so it seems like you registered. I just tested the site with your username (bypassed auth with admin powers) and it shows your team correctly for me. Could you try again?
45b16Mar 20, 2020 1:37 PM
Mar 20, 2020 2:00 PM

Oct 2015
I just registered my team succesfully, and then tested the "check your team" too. Both worked as intended!
Mar 20, 2020 2:01 PM
Jan 2015
Kawaiibenowo said:
I just registered my team succesfully, and then tested the "check your team" too. Both worked as intended!

Yay! Thanks for letting me know.
Mar 20, 2020 3:09 PM

Oct 2018
@45b16 I'm not having the same luck. I have the same issue as Sylsko with the undefined's.
Mar 20, 2020 3:27 PM
Jan 2015
crazymario said:
@45b16 I'm not having the same luck. I have the same issue as Sylsko with the undefined's.

Hmm I'm stumped on this because I don't know how to reproduce this issue. I just put in your username and it works for me. I'll PM you what I see for your team.

Edit: Could you try checking your team at mfal.website/reg in a different browser? I think the issue might be that your browser has cached an older version of the website before it got fixed. If you don't have a 2nd browser, I think incognito might work.
45b16Mar 20, 2020 3:37 PM
Mar 20, 2020 4:34 PM

Oct 2018
45b16 said:

Edit: Could you try checking your team at mfal.website/reg in a different browser? I think the issue might be that your browser has cached an older version of the website before it got fixed. If you don't have a 2nd browser, I think incognito might work.

I didn't think of that! I tried it again in incognito and it worked.
Mar 20, 2020 5:37 PM
Jan 2015
crazymario said:
45b16 said:

I didn't think of that! I tried it again in incognito and it worked.

Great! Thanks for checking again. Registration and team checking should now be bug free :D
Mar 20, 2020 5:46 PM

Mar 2012
45b16 said:
NeoAnkara said:

Really sorry about that, the code is pretty fragile and we didn't update it correctly. Registration should work now. However, someone else said that the Check Your Team functionality is broken. It works for me so please let me know if it's broken for you as well so I can get more information to fix it.

Edit: I see your team where we store our team registrations so it seems like you registered. I just tested the site with your username (bypassed auth with admin powers) and it shows your team correctly for me. Could you try again?
There are no problem now.
Mar 21, 2020 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
Registration doesn't work. Saying my name's invalid lol.
Mar 23, 2020 12:41 AM
Jan 2015
Tyrel said:

Have you tried in incognito or a 2nd browser? I think a lot of people are facing an issue where their browser is caching an old version of the website that doesn't work.
Mar 23, 2020 1:16 AM

Sep 2011
45b16 said:
Tyrel said:

Have you tried in incognito or a 2nd browser? I think a lot of people are facing an issue where their browser is caching an old version of the website that doesn't work.
had to use chrome. Firefox didn't work for w/e reason.
TyrelMar 23, 2020 1:19 AM
Mar 29, 2020 11:03 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Registration for FAL Spring 2020 has now ended! If you missed the registration for this season, don't worry. We'll be back for another FAL season in Fall 2020. Hope to see you then!
p r o f i l e 👀
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Week 12: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 24

8 by rafi369 »»
Mar 25, 10:19 AM

» Week 11: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 17

12 by Zoopiez »»
Mar 18, 6:52 PM

» Ace'ing a show with negative points - does it work?

LdoSul - Mar 10

2 by LdoSul »»
Mar 11, 6:04 AM

» Week 10: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 10

4 by KANLen09 »»
Mar 10, 8:16 PM

» Week 9: Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 1

11 by eplipswich »»
Mar 4, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.