Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2020 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
End of volume six. Not sure if I'm crazy or not but this recent arc has been giving off some One Piece-esque vibes (obviously with nowhere near the same scale of world-building); Ueki feels reminiscent of Luffy in their simple-mindedness and desire to protect their friends. Also the character designs feel like budget One Piece to me right now (though I know Fukuchi's style will evolve later in the series), and in the last chapter there was a moment that screams Luffy vs. Bellamy (albeit not quite as successful).

Going back to this chapter, Ueki is in trouble (as per usual); Myojin has two special abilities from god candidates and they cover all of Ueki's possible movement options, with spinning blades taking away any ground options and the whistle laser responding to jumps. Furthermore if he tries using Hood then Myojin will just attack Ringo and Tenko and of course Ueki isn't going to let that happen.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ueki no Housoku Chapter 97 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 18, 2020

0 by removed-user »»
Mar 18, 2020 9:24 PM

Poll: » Ueki no Housoku Chapter 96 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 18, 2020

0 by removed-user »»
Mar 18, 2020 8:52 PM

Poll: » Ueki no Housoku Chapter 47 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 15, 2020

0 by removed-user »»
Mar 15, 2020 10:08 PM

Poll: » Ueki no Housoku Chapter 15 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 14, 2020

0 by removed-user »»
Mar 14, 2020 8:03 PM

Poll: » The Law of Ueki Chapter 154 Discussion

Hyoroemon - Aug 24, 2012

1 by viisan »»
Aug 11, 2014 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.