Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2020 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good to see this show back after the break.

A very big way for the show to return too with all the youkais gathering. Seems this show is really aiming for a big bang and Kitarou is going to get his hands busy. I was also not expecting him to get shot like that. Kitarou is such a brave guy.
Mar 14, 2020 8:05 PM
Oct 2016
To call that a gut punch would be putting it lightly. Holy shit did that episode just drop the hammer. Everything that could go wrong did and then some! Brutal, absolutely brutal to watch at the end when Kitaro was killed. Taking all those bullets not letting anyone else get hurt. Both the humans and the yokai being fueled in this by their hatred for one another. Which we know is built on the bullshit of Nurarihyon and Backbeard. That first scene with them just massacring all those people in Tokyo. My jaw hit the floor at that point and pretty much stayed there the whole episode.

With each side now literally gunning for one another Kitaro was right to say it's about to get worse than the worst. Kind of a timely message for irl though for a different reason. Anyways, once again shows that giving into hate and fear even if we don't see them as those things from the beginning is never what we should do if we want peace. Very solid message that Kitaro has had as it's backbone the whole show makes sense to bring it back around for the final episodes. Kitaro is gonna have to pull off another miracle.
Mar 15, 2020 7:59 AM

Dec 2013
It went from 0 to like 1.000.000 in the very first seconds on the episode and it just kept getting more and more serious, Nurarihyon is ruthless, like sure, backbeard is already a monster but at least he somewhat cares about his Yokai or something, Nurarihyon is willing to sacrifice everything, even himself if that brings chaos.

The very first time I can't even blame Nezumi Otoko for joining the bad guys.
Mar 15, 2020 3:40 PM

Sep 2011
Finally, after a two week break, the next episode is here and it's heavier than what I expected. I don't know if Nurarihyon was inciting the hatred of the humans towards the youkai. It's not like people need much to hate on what is different, but he sold his fellow youkai out so the situation would escalate and pretty much used the humans to get rid of Kitarou, who he knew wouldn't resist against them. I can't believe Kitarou let himself be shot like that. I understand what he was trying to protect, but what's the point if he can't even protect himself? It's not like he needed to kill the prime minister, like she pretty much killed him, to disarm her. I have no idea how this is going to end, but it isn't going to be pretty. That human girl though. I don't know if it was a lie or not, but it was basically "a youkai killed my father so all youkai are bad and should be exterminated." Really? Such a "great" line of thought. It's scary how little is needed to incite people like that. That scene with Kitarou eating ramen with Nezumi-Otoko was beautiful though. I nearly teared up when Kitarou gave him his slice of meat. Nezumi-Otoko gave up on running to help him, but at that moment it really felt like goodbye. Kitarou surely is coming back and there surely are those who are going to stand with him and his close allies. Or at least I want to believe so. But it's really hard when both sides are being unreasonable.
Mar 16, 2020 1:19 PM

Aug 2014
Damn, THIS FUCKING EPISODE WAS AMAZING
Mar 22, 2020 12:30 AM

Oct 2008
OH GOD! THE INEVITABLE DOWNFALL HAPPENED!
5/5!

Apr 3, 2020 2:58 AM

Jan 2011
Felt like an episode was missing before this one.
Mar 31, 2023 5:59 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, actual deaths in Kitaro, and by the thousands pretty much.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

moodie - Mar 31, 2018

109 by TripleC »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2018

27 by gabrielloki »»
Aug 31, 2023 5:38 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 93 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

10 by Punkero »»
Mar 29, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 88 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2020

8 by Punkero »»
Mar 8, 2023 5:03 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 97 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

19 by abystoma2 »»
Feb 3, 2023 1:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.