Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Rewrite: Calling all grammar gurus and proofreading pros!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Mar 18, 7:32 AM

Step 1. Put your hands on keyboard
Step 2. Close your eyes.
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Done!?

Mar 18, 12:50 PM
Pizza Fiend

Oh be quiet you naive hypocrite. Do you seriously have the gall to call me toxic and then proceed to call me deranged, worst of the worst and to shut the fuck up? Get out of here mate lmao Go pop a Valium and chill out before you butt into another conversation and embarrass yourself yet again.
How was I "preachy"? I gave my opinion and debated why I thought the entire prospect was wrong. Making a thread publicly on the forums is basically inviting people to discuss it, which I did. If you have a problem with my opinion then simply ignore it, or debate it. However you seriously do not have the right to say I can't state my opinion lmao

If people are so insecure that they get personally offended just because I questioned the nature of something they're a part of they shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.

Mar 19, 1:37 PM

@Cneq lad, if they get their rocks off to being duped into "volunteer" work then let 'em be. You know full well you're shouting at a wall.

I just hope MAL is sending y'all proper volunteer hour vouchers for your time at the least so you can actually claim them. Doubtful but let's be optimistic. Bet a lot of this is the fact most synopsis blurbs are/were lifted straight from other sites or official materials, a very big copyright liability. It's actually surprising that licensors or ANN never made a big deal about it, unless that is why this new labor drive got kicked off. Considering good copy costs a fortune, it makes sense to mobilize the gulags instead. The bar is adequately low considering how cringe and bland the lifted synops were to start with and with so many series' being adaptions of manga you essentially can copy paste synops across whole IPs to cut the necessary work.

There is only one thing that moves MAL, corpo feeling like their cash pump is endangered. I admit they've got some good business sense if nothing else. For their next trick they should declare 501c status as a religious organisation so the servers are tax-exempt and volunteer hours/manga purchases are tax deductible contributions lmao.
Nico nico ni~eed a siggy like the all the cool kids
Really wish we had a rep system so I could farm it and spam rep+

Mar 20, 6:54 AM

ItsaNico said:
@Cneq lad, if they get their rocks off to being duped into "volunteer" work then let 'em be. You know full well you're shouting at a wall.

I just hope MAL is sending y'all proper volunteer hour vouchers for your time at the least so you can actually claim them. Doubtful but let's be optimistic. Bet a lot of this is the fact most synopsis blurbs are/were lifted straight from other sites or official materials, a very big copyright liability. It's actually surprising that licensors or ANN never made a big deal about it, unless that is why this new labor drive got kicked off. Considering good copy costs a fortune, it makes sense to mobilize the gulags instead. The bar is adequately low considering how cringe and bland the lifted synops were to start with and with so many series' being adaptions of manga you essentially can copy paste synops across whole IPs to cut the necessary work.

There is only one thing that moves MAL, corpo feeling like their cash pump is endangered. I admit they've got some good business sense if nothing else. For their next trick they should declare 501c status as a religious organisation so the servers are tax-exempt and volunteer hours/manga purchases are tax deductible contributions lmao.

Yeah, thanks for your concern :) We get meal vouchers every other month. It's not enough to feed my kids but protecting MAL's monetary interests is my first priority.
Modified by Uchuuu, Mar 20, 7:31 AM

Mar 20, 7:08 AM

Hey guys let's go back to being kawaii instead of arguing uwu

Mar 20, 8:08 AM

Skuall said:

That's why I'm here.

Mar 20, 4:17 PM

stinghy said:
Skuall said:

That's why I'm here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UGrnXddnVA

Mar 20, 5:50 PM

Uchuuu said:
stinghy said:

That's why I'm here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UGrnXddnVA

I'll interpret this as targeted harassment against myself and my people.

Mar 20, 7:16 PM

Uchuuu said:
ItsaNico said:

Yeah, thanks for your concern :) We get meal vouchers every other month. It's not enough to feed my kids but protecting MAL's monetary interests is my first priority.

You get meal vouchers? I only get bread line tickets. D:

Mar 24, 1:59 PM

DoubleJEspejwan6 said:
Uchuuu said:

You get meal vouchers? I only get bread line tickets. D:

You guys get food?
Roses are red, violets are blue
The words ahead are false, the words behind are true

Mar 27, 9:38 PM

I totally thought the admin was going to say something like: So this is my college homework, in summary: h e l p.

Mar 28, 6:03 AM
Almost every post on this thread has a glaring spelling or grammatical error, and I find that highly amusing.

Mar 28, 6:11 AM
Stay at home

Meowhollymeow said:
Almost every post on this thread has a glaring spelling or grammatical error, and I find that highly amusing.

Who cares about grammar on the forums?
Modified by Grusomhed_D, Mar 28, 8:38 AM

Mar 29, 3:09 AM
HomuHomu ❤

Grusomhed_D said:
Meowhollymeow said:

Rewrite members do since this is a thread for it. But only enough to find it amusing. Not like a grammar nazi.
Modified by neil, Mar 29, 3:13 AM

Mar 29, 3:26 AM
Stay at home

neil said:
Grusomhed_D said:

Rewrite members do since this is a thread for it. But only enough to find it amusing. Not like a grammar nazi.

I was trying to imply that there is nothing amusing, if someone makes grammar mistakes. (Meaning the message I quoted). If you are a MAL Rewrite member, all that matters is that your synopses do not have these grammar mistakes and what you write on MAL forums and how many grammar mistakes you make is only your own business. And if you are not a member of the club, why would someone even care about grammar? It is only the problem of the user, who makes these mistakes.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]