Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 26, 2020 8:00 AM
Jun 2016
I really like Alina's voice. And it sounds familiar, probably heard of it somewhere before.

Nice, Mami appeared once more. She commanded the twins, which could imply she's also part of the Wings of Magius? I actually thought that she killed Alina by a headshot (I thought the green circle on Alina's hat is her soul gem). Yeah, mostly saying this because Alina's interesting so far.

Mami seems much more aggressive in this spin-off. I mean, to be fair she barely had any screen time and development in the original series. This could definitely be a side we of hers we didn't see before.

On a rather unrelated note, Mami was voiced by the same person as the one who did Miyako from Hidamari Sketch. I did watch Madoka first, but hearing Miyako's accent from Mami saying serious things is kind of funny since the two characters' personalities couldn't be any more different.

Not sure if I've said this before, but I like the subtle shipping between Tsuruno and Felicia.

I wonder how does the Wings of Magius use the uwasa to save the magical girls? Like, if the Endless Solitude manages to trap some would the WoM come rescue her while she's distracted by the uwasa's "ideal world"? Seems rather inefficient. The other uwasa, yeah, I can see those doing a decent job at "liberating" the girls.

One of the girls Ui was with is a WoM member? Whoa whoa whoa.

Also: Iroha and Yachiyo are married and Sana is their adaptive daughter.
Apr 27, 2020 11:08 AM

Mar 2013
Mat2468xk said:
Nice, Mami appeared once more. She commanded the twins, which could imply she's also part of the Wings of Magius? I actually thought that she killed Alina by a headshot (I thought the green circle on Alina's hat is her soul gem). Yeah, mostly saying this because Alina's interesting so far.
Alina's soul gem is the stone around her neck.
I wonder how does the Wings of Magius use the uwasa to save the magical girls?
The exact mechanism's secret, but suffice it to say it's connected to the doppel system.
Like, if the Endless Solitude manages to trap some would the WoM come rescue her while she's distracted by the uwasa's "ideal world"?
Normally, when a new girl enters endless solitude, the previous one is allowed out(the rumor only calls for one girl to be trapped at a time); normally this happens within a week or two as the girl gets homesick or otherwise can't tolerate the situation. Sana was a very special case in never wanting to leave.
Apr 27, 2020 2:51 PM
Aug 2015
Mat2468xk said:

Mami seems much more aggressive in this spin-off. I mean, to be fair she barely had any screen time and development in the original series. This could definitely be a side we of hers we didn't see before.

Mami always get like this when she finds out the truth about magical girls (shooting Kyoko etc)
Jun 7, 2020 1:11 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. Maybe if Sana managed to create such a bond with Ai.. Maybe she'll get at least some kind of bond with others persons?.. Be it one, or two.. Poor girl just didn't have chance for a long time, it seems.. Or maybe was surrounded by people who were like that.. But Ai means a lot to her.. So I think she maybe would be able to form some kind of bond with other girl too.. If she wouldn't be bully or something, as others were in her earlier days..
Hm?.. Is that the first time Yachiyo is smiling so much?.. When wanting to get Sana to live well in their house.. It's a bit unusual from Yachiyo to be so warm to anyone.. Wonder, if Sana is her type, or maybe Yachiyo grew warmer to everyone, or both things at the same time.. Or something else.. Who knows.. And I mean not in romantic sense "type".. I mean as in person who annoys her less, because it seems she's more annoyed with others..
That's a lot of cups..
Yeah, it seems Yachiyo is in general more warm towards everyone.. Nice to see..
Well, yeah.. Family don't even think if she's alive or anything, didn't see her disappearance, even still leaving food for her, thinking she's just hikikomori..
Nice family/ friendship episode overall.. More slice of life stuff, not that much we get it.. Bonding between girls, and more about them.. But this episode had it, and that's nice..
We see some bonding in Magius group as well in the end.. Amane sisters visiting Mifuyu.. "Villains" also care about each other, they're not monsters or something..
Another very nice episode.. Last one was the best, and this one is somewhere near, really.. More slice of life, please.. ;p
Jul 28, 2020 11:25 PM

Jul 2016
So Mami is member of the "Wings of Magius" cult, uh? Well, I can actually see her trying to save every Mahou Shoujo after knowing the whole truth about their fate. Glad to know it seems Kyouko wasn't around when she found out, by the way.
This said, both Sayaka and Madoka appeared in her flashback so I assume she dragged them into this without having the full picture yet so she now fells extremely guilty about it. Wonder how Homura fits in all this tho... well, considering she still wears her glasses here, I guess her relationship with Madoka, Sayaka and Mami is most likely the same as the one during her first encounter with them in Madoka Magica - Ep. 10.

Anyways, all that aside, I found this episode kinda mediocre as a whole. The fight against Alina looked super wonky and lacked any sense of impact at all. The general direction of the entire first half was quite lackluster if I'm honest but fortunately, the second half with the focus being on Sana kinda made up for it. Her family sure is a shitty one but I'm really glad to see her arc concluded in a heartwarming note with her return to her new home with her new loving family.

So Ui's friend, Nemu, is another member of the cult, uh? And a high-ranked one it seems. Curious about that, not gonna lie.

P.S.: Damn, Iroha and Yachiyo sure like playing house considering the amount of girls they are adopting.
SouthRzVaJul 29, 2020 9:27 PM
Sep 10, 2020 12:31 PM

May 2018
Alina is also top tier waifu lol
Sep 23, 2020 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
A sensação geral que eu tive assistindo esse anime, foi a de que comecei algo pela ótima experiência visual e emocional que tive com MADOKA.
Sep 28, 2021 12:19 AM

Jan 2017
Sana's definitely the better developed character of the main cast, the way her dilemma is presented and how she cut her ties to her blood family to be cared by her non-blood one... you go girl!

Mami's on the "the ends justifies the means" antagonist side, why am I not surprised
Jan 16, 7:42 AM
Nov 2022
very good ambiance but thery no action but i like it little sad
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

237 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 11:00 AM

» Is this necessary to watch?

theanimeviber - Feb 4

14 by kensu31 »»
Feb 11, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

257 by Fafette »»
Oct 23, 2023 4:19 AM

» This is quite funny

official_brown - Jun 10, 2022

16 by jedman »»
Jul 5, 2023 3:05 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2020

136 by HimeCrycho »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.