Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 6, 2020 11:49 PM

Jun 2019
I think it's a very good thing for Gintama and help it's popularity.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2020 2:23 AM

Jan 2015
Just what it needed, wasn't popular enough.
Mar 7, 2020 2:37 AM

Jun 2016
The problem with gintama is that the early episodes aren't all that good so most people won't reach ' or °
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 7, 2020 3:01 AM

Nov 2011
Hah, take that Steins Gate.

Mar 7, 2020 5:43 AM

Jun 2019
Theo1899 said:
The problem with gintama is that the early episodes aren't all that good so most people won't reach ' or °

It's not brilliant but it's not below of a standard anime! Specially compare to 2000's animes.
Mar 7, 2020 5:54 AM

Jun 2016
canary1996 said:
Theo1899 said:

It's not brilliant but it's not below of a standard anime! Specially compare to 2000's animes.

You make it sound like the 2000s were the dark ages of anime. I would agree that the animation quality wasn't that great during this period, in fact it looks worse than 90s anime due to it being the early days of 100% digital anime production and OG gintama is a victim of that ugly look but that doesn't mean that this decade didn't produce some amazing shows, some of the best of all time in my opinion.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 7, 2020 5:58 AM

Jul 2019
canary1996 said:
I think it's a very good thing for Gintama and help it's popularity.

I hope it will. It would be great if more people enjoyed the masterpiece that is °.
Mar 7, 2020 6:10 AM

Jun 2019
Theo1899 said:
Theo1899 said:
canary1996 said:

You make it sound like the 2000s were the dark ages of anime. I would agree that the animation quality wasn't that great during this period, in fact it looks worse than 90s anime due to it being the early days of 100% digital anime production and OG gintama is a victim of that ugly look but that doesn't mean that this decade didn't produce some amazing shows, some of the best of all time in my opinion.

No I don't!
Don't put it in my mouth!
Mar 7, 2020 6:19 AM

Jun 2016

Your dismissive tone certainly made it sound that way. My apologies if you didn't mean it.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 7, 2020 6:32 AM

Dec 2016
and that is how it should be
Mar 7, 2020 4:58 PM

Aug 2019
Too bad Stein Gate fans are downvoting it. Not that it'll have as much effect now but it's frustrating to see. Steins Gate is one of my favorite anime also.
Mar 7, 2020 5:05 PM

Jul 2017
now we just need the original to get back into 9.00 lol

also has Violet Evergarden always been that high? Wasn't it like ~8.5 usually?
Mar 11, 2020 12:39 PM

Sep 2019
idk what is happening realy, this anime isnt this good and probaly everyone agrees even if you are a fan, it is "just another comedy anime" maybe one of the best, but you realy think this is better than steins;gate, hunterxhunter and so other many others ?
I dont blame who is voting, just myanimelist rank sucks.
Mar 11, 2020 12:52 PM

Jul 2019
Gadottinho said:
idk what is happening realy, this anime isnt this good and probaly everyone agrees even if you are a fan, it is "just another comedy anime" maybe one of the best, but you realy think this is better than steins;gate, hunterxhunter and so other many others ?

Yes it is, it's better than those you have mentioned.
Gintama is not just a comedy anime. It's actually a parody with great action and historical elements and some of the best characters.

Also, why do you have a need to comment on something you are not familiar with anyway? Don't you think that that's kinda stupid?
Mar 11, 2020 1:08 PM

Sep 2019
NamikazeHime said:
Gadottinho said:

Gintama is not just a comedy anime. It's actually a parody with great action and historical elements and some of the best characters.

Also, why do you have a need to comment on something you are not familiar with anyway? Don't you think that that's kinda stupid?

yes mi lorde, I am just a human, and gintama is the best series ever, forgive my mistakes. and thanks for the free cursing. Your tastes are the best and I am wrong
Mar 11, 2020 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
Gadottinho said:
NamikazeHime said:

yes mi lorde, I am just a human, and gintama is the best series ever, forgive my mistakes. and thanks for the free cursing. Your tastes are the best and I am wrong

Even I don't like Gintama, but I at least recognize it's a lot better than Steins;Gates and Hunter x Hunter.
Mar 11, 2020 1:11 PM

Sep 2019
Hrybami said:
Gadottinho said:

Even I don't like Gintama, but I at least recognize it's a lot better than Steins;Gates and Hunter x Hunter.

maybe you just dont like anime in general ? anyway why do you think like this ?
Mar 11, 2020 1:25 PM

Jul 2019
Gadottinho said:
NamikazeHime said:

That's actually the most illogical answer I have ever seen on mal.
I don't really have time to discuss with people who don't have valid arguments for their statements. Bye 🙋
Mar 11, 2020 1:29 PM

Dec 2019
I still hope it gets number 1 <_<
                                                         🖤   

Mar 11, 2020 1:30 PM

Sep 2019
NamikazeHime said:
Gadottinho said:

I don't really have time to discuss with people who don't have valid arguments for their statements. Bye 🙋

oh i see, you came cursing me, not even tried to discuss and are trying to say something about me, oh i see... you could explain why this show is good i would maybe even watch it, but who cares, its easier just curse
Mar 11, 2020 1:42 PM

Sep 2014
Gadottinho said:
Hrybami said:

I like anime, I'm just not a fan of the anime mentioned. But among all of them I consider Gintama to be worthy at being in the top 10 the most. HxH is one of the worst anime I've seen and Steins;Gates is just a harem with sci/fi mystery element.
Mar 11, 2020 1:43 PM

Jul 2019
Gadottinho said:
NamikazeHime said:

oh i see, you came cursing me, not even tried to discuss and are trying to say something about me, oh i see... you could explain why this show is good i would maybe even watch it, but who cares, its easier just curse

I actually told you what I like about this series (characters, parody, histocal and action elements).
If my question about your comment on something you are not familiar with is counted as cursing, then I'm just gonna apologize for that.
Hope this ends it.
Mar 11, 2020 1:53 PM

Sep 2019
NamikazeHime said:
Gadottinho said:

I actually told you what I like about this series (characters, parody, histocal and action elements).
If my question about your comment on something you are not familiar with is counted as cursing, then I'm just gonna apologize for that.
Hope this ends it.

and saying what you liked is proving that this is better than something? and i actualy dont even mind, do not even reply me but you neither tried to disscuss.
Mar 11, 2020 1:55 PM

Sep 2019
Hrybami said:
Gadottinho said:

I like anime, I'm just not a fan of the anime mentioned. But among all of them I consider Gintama to be worthy at being in the top 10 the most. HxH is one of the worst anime I've seen and Steins;Gates is just a harem with sci/fi mystery element.

idk where is the harem in steins;gate and if sci/fi is just a element what would be the genre ? and why it would be bad even if that were true. do not need to answer
Mar 11, 2020 2:00 PM

Oct 2017
A doesn't understand why people like something.
Someone tries to explain why they liked it.
A feels insulted or try to explain why the person it's wrong despite not being familiar with the show.
The person continues trying to explain to A why the liked it or why the points A made are wrong.
Repeat until the person gives up on A or A says they don't care and don't bother reply.

Classic MAL discussion.

Mar 11, 2020 2:01 PM

Sep 2014
Gadottinho said:
Hrybami said:

idk where is the harem in steins;gate and if sci/fi is just a element what would be the genre ? and why it would be bad even if that were true. do not need to answer

It's not bad because of the harem genre. I just don't see what makes it top 10 material considering that most harem are looked down by MAL standard and there's nothing actually amazing about this anime. Well, Gintama is a harem as well, but it's at least better in comedy and plot.
Mar 11, 2020 2:11 PM

Jul 2019
Heimur said:
A feels insulted or try to explain why the person it's wrong despite not being familiar with the show.
The person continues trying to explain to A why the liked it or why the points A made are wrong.
Repeat until the person gives up on A or A says they don't care and don't bother reply.

Classic MAL discussion.

Trust me, I'm tired already. I just have to accept that there are some people here who don't know how to hold a meaningful conversation.
Edit: I just love how this person tries to rewrite what we all can see from the discussion.
NikiforovaMar 11, 2020 2:15 PM
Mar 11, 2020 2:11 PM

Sep 2019
y
Heimur said:

Classic MAL discussion.

yes, but it was not what happen here, she did not even tried to explain LOL
Mar 11, 2020 10:52 PM
Jun 2014
Hrybami said:
Gadottinho said:

It's not bad because of the harem genre. I just don't see what makes it top 10 material considering that most harem are looked down by MAL standard and there's nothing actually amazing about this anime. Well, Gintama is a harem as well, but it's at least better in comedy and plot.

Where is the harem element to Steins;Gate ? If you ask me there is no harem element to it as Okabe doesn't actually pursue anyone other than Kurisu.
Mar 11, 2020 10:54 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
why you had to bring this up, now the hate ratings will be intense
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 11, 2020 11:51 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
9.13 is too low for this mastahpiece.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 14, 2020 2:30 PM
Jun 2017
I've just started this season but i've already watched the first 3 seasons of gintama, and i think that i'm the only one in the world that dislikes this anime and find it overrated; i'll admit that the fight scenes are pretty good and some arcs are not that bad, but i just can't get past the cringy comedy and i don't understand why so many people find it funny.
Mar 15, 2020 1:41 AM

Nov 2017
As it should be. A lot better than Steins window
Mar 15, 2020 4:32 AM

Nov 2018
Hrybami said:
Gadottinho said:

Lmao what? How is Gintama a harem??
Mar 15, 2020 5:41 AM

Mar 2015
Good to see that it's this season too. Definitely the best one imo.

Now then, when we declaring war on FMAB?
Mar 15, 2020 11:07 AM

Mar 2019
cchigu said:
9.13 is too low for this mastahpiece.

I know right. I just miss it, when this season was actually the highest rated anime ever on MAL and dethroned FMAB for long period of time.
Mar 19, 2020 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
The next movie will be top 1.
Mar 22, 2020 12:55 PM
Mar 2015
Gadottinho said:

gintama 2015 is literally a season with two of the best arcs ever made in shonen, is better than hxh (as a whole, is not better than chimera ant arc), but imo all shonen are overrated in this page... series like monster, evangelion or gits arent even in top 10 lmao
Mar 22, 2020 1:39 PM

Sep 2019
Ancturus said:
Gadottinho said:

gintama 2015 is literally a season with two of the best arcs ever made in shonen, is better than hxh (as a whole, is not better than chimera ant arc), but imo all shonen are overrated in this page... series like monster, evangelion or gits arent even in top 10 lmao

yeah, i think that too, i only say the animes on the top, I dont thought in something realy good
Mar 30, 2020 12:45 AM

Dec 2014
Theo1899 said:

I had this problem, wasn't able to watch past the first like 10 episodes of season 1, it just felt dated and like it wasn't worth the time invested to get to the point where it would be funny. Is there a better way to watch Gintama maybe? Like skipping ahead to a certain season and watching from there?

@me anyone, I'd like to know
Mar 30, 2020 1:32 AM

Jun 2016
@Hesoyam
The story starts at episode 31 and while these early story arcs aren't all that good they are required. After episode 100 the story arcs become really good and by ' (ep 202) they become a lot more creative with the humor. I'm not saying there aren't any good jokes before that but I feel they rely too heavily on just throwing around names without doing anything creative with them and shinpachi's straight man routine isn't as good as it will later become. I'd look up an episode guide for the first 100 eps detailing all the story arcs. The problem with that is that you can't be sure which joke episodes you'll like so you won't skip them, there are some real gems hidden in there but you can always watch them later. After that watch everything, skip nothing
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 30, 2020 2:41 AM

Mar 2020
It's actually hilarious how fast are users to creating threads when their favorite anime has gotten a score up to let others know.
Mar 30, 2020 2:38 PM

Dec 2014
Theo1899 said:
@Hesoyam
The story starts at episode 31 and while these early story arcs aren't all that good they are required. After episode 100 the story arcs become really good and by ' (ep 202) they become a lot more creative with the humor. I'm not saying there aren't any good jokes before that but I feel they rely too heavily on just throwing around names without doing anything creative with them and shinpachi's straight man routine isn't as good as it will later become. I'd look up an episode guide for the first 100 eps detailing all the story arcs. The problem with that is that you can't be sure which joke episodes you'll like so you won't skip them, there are some real gems hidden in there but you can always watch them later. After that watch everything, skip nothing

Thanks fam much appreciated
Apr 6, 2020 10:25 AM
Nov 2019
I'm pretty happy that season 4 of Gintama is number 2 since it was my favorite.
Apr 8, 2020 2:48 PM

Aug 2019
Looks like Steins;Gate took back it's spot in 2nd.
Apr 9, 2020 4:18 AM
Mar 2020
sigh.... we will continue waiting for more people to appreciate this masterpiece
Apr 9, 2020 1:11 PM

Jul 2015
dewwm said:
Looks like Steins;Gate took back it's spot in 2nd.

just noticed that too.. quite unfortunate. hopefully it doesnt drop any lower lol
anime enjoyer
Apr 10, 2020 3:31 AM

Dec 2018
This thread aged poorly
Apr 10, 2020 3:37 AM

Jun 2016
This season is overrated. You're most likely a battle shounen fag if you think it's better than season 2 (2011)
Apr 10, 2020 9:27 AM
Oct 2018
Edocchi said:
This season is overrated. You're most likely a battle shounen fag if you think it's better than season 2 (2011)

Yeah just because story got a million times better and we started getting better and more action sequences, let's call the season overrated and everyone who likes it as a shonen fag. What did you thought, gintama will keep going on with comedy and then suddenly end? Lol this is the start of endgame of gintama and everything was leading to this point. And if you don't like it you don't deserve to call yourself a gintama fan. This season is a masterpiece and better than 2011 season. Although 2011 was already absolutely incredible.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Mar 30, 2016

251 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2016

113 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 20, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jan 27, 2016

241 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Jan 13, 2016

251 by Nymbris »»
Mar 10, 6:09 AM

» Thoughts on this season (Spoilers)

RahulSenpai - Mar 8

13 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.