Forum Settings
Forums

New ‘The Last of Us’ Series in Development at HBO From ‘Chernobyl’ Creator and Neil Druckmann

New
Mar 6, 2020 4:09 PM
Jul 2018

Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is reteaming with HBO to adapt the hit video game The Last of Us.

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television in association with PlayStation Productions. It will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/last-us-series-works-at-hbo-chernobyl-creator-1282707

https://gameranx.com/updates/id/193555/article/hbo-new-last-us-tv-series-in-development-chernobyl-druckmann/
Mar 6, 2020 11:47 PM

Sep 2019
The Last of us Two AND a new HBO series are exactly what I need in my life rn

Hugh Jackman, Gerald Butler, or Jaime Fookin Lannister would be amazing picks for Joel

Elsie Fisher, Ellen Page (shame it can't be her lol), Mackenzie Foy or Dafne Keen would be my pick for Ellie
Mar 7, 2020 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
@iluvtofu what if it's not a direct adaptation? like instead they use perspectives of some other people in the world. Either way, HBO always have big budgets so it should be good, and especially all the people involved including people directly associated with the game.
Mar 7, 2020 2:05 PM

Sep 2019
Korishi said:
@iluvtofu what if it's not a direct adaptation? like instead they use perspectives of some other people in the world. Either way, HBO always have big budgets so it should be good, and especially all the people involved including people directly associated with the game.

Honestly I'd welcome that as well. Though we've seen non-direct adaptations go to shit (I'm looking at you, Game of Thrones) so it's anyone's guess on whether it'll be good or not. I'm just waiting in anticipation for the cast :o
Mar 7, 2020 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
Nice, I'm interested to see how this will turn out.
Mar 8, 2020 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
iluvtofu said:
Korishi said:

Honestly I'd welcome that as well. Though we've seen non-direct adaptations go to shit (I'm looking at you, Game of Thrones) so it's anyone's guess on whether it'll be good or not. I'm just waiting in anticipation for the cast :o

as far is I know, the original author wasn't involved with GoT TV series. on the other hand, we know for sure the game's original creator is co-writing it and executive producing as well as the current President of Naughty Dog. Plus it will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions. this is all in the report above. If they manage to screw this up it will not be forgiven or forgotten.
Mar 9, 2020 11:38 PM

Sep 2019
Korishi said:
iluvtofu said:

as far is I know, the original author wasn't involved with GoT TV series. on the other hand, we know for sure the game's original creator is co-writing it and executive producing as well as the current President of Naughty Dog. Plus it will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions. this is all in the report above. If they manage to screw this up it will not be forgiven or forgotten.

GRRM was involved in production until season 6 where it (IMO) went to shit with original content.

Happy to hear Druckmann is involved as well as Craig Mazin (he made Chernobyl which was awesome). I think this series has a lot of promise. I'm putting my trust into it.
Mar 10, 2020 9:37 AM

May 2018
First Witcher and now The Last of Us? Good news.
Mar 20, 2020 4:04 AM
Jan 2020
FUCK YES!

I really hope this show succeeds like The Witcher did.
May 9, 2020 11:50 PM

Nov 2011
I'm hyped. Thanks for sharing.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7591 by SilentAssassin88 »»
37 minutes ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3376 by SilentAssassin88 »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » share your latest song/album purchases

DreamingBeats - Nov 3, 2023

38 by DreamingBeats »»
4 hours ago

» anyone enjoy reality tv?

removed-user - Sep 6, 2020

39 by Sorachin »»
8 hours ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4811 by Zoldra0 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.