Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2020 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, I didn't know this show even celebrates Christmas. They even got a damn Santa there lmao

Too bad the episode isn't really cherring as our main characters gets caught into more troubles again. This show just can't seem to give them a break lately. I find the second half of this episode to be pretyty intense. Moriarty is also becoming quite a daredevil...
Mar 6, 2020 10:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
RIP Moriarty ? the end was great
Mar 6, 2020 10:34 AM

Jan 2016
The end was a shock, I wonder if Moriarty survived.
Mar 6, 2020 10:55 AM

Aug 2013
ofc John Watson is alive.

This episode was great.
The thing the annoyed me was when that SWAT team used the elevator. Like really?

I bet this will not be the end of Moriarty.

Mar 6, 2020 11:04 AM
Sep 2015
At this point I watch this not because I want to but because it's nearly end
Mar 6, 2020 2:39 PM

Jun 2010
That last scene made me scream "just die already!" bet he's still alive lol.
Mar 6, 2020 4:19 PM

Oct 2008
Oh God! such a heavy episode!
i guess this is the endgame for Moriarty...???
5/5.

Mar 6, 2020 4:57 PM
May 2019
Dude this... this episode made me sad LOL
Mar 6, 2020 11:34 PM
Apr 2018
If Moriarty survived that fall, I'm gonna hate this show.

Btw, when Moriarty said that he is the one important to Sherlock, it broke my heart a little. Good episode overall.
Mar 7, 2020 2:05 AM

Mar 2016
Wait what? There are three episodes left, and the antagonist is already dead? This can either go horrible next episode, or it can be quite amazing. Situations like this really excites me for some reason. lol.

If Lucy and Mary weren't sisters, I'd ship them!

What was supposed to be 大 (big) turned into 犬 (dog). haha!!

I thought the Sherlock vs Moriarty thing would go a bit longer, and end with them both "dying".

I am slightly annoyed by the fact that I am kind of attracted to Moriarty. Why would Production IG make Moriarty, out of all people, attractive? And they are going to do it again with the new Moriarty series!
Mar 7, 2020 4:55 AM
Aug 2015
Leo said:
The thing the annoyed me was when that SWAT team used the elevator. Like really?

Same, that was so stupid!

I loved the ending with Moriarty understanding he was the one for Sherlock. Honestly I hate yet love Moriarty. He's a really great antagonist.
Mar 7, 2020 6:53 AM
Apr 2016
The elevators in the building should've stopped working as soon as the fire alarm went off after the explosion, that's just pure health and safety. Yet somehow as it's going off Sherlock and Watson are going up in one.

And I'm glad someone finally made a lunge at the smug little prick instead of just standing across from one another and explaining shit, like here's this kid who's at this point a unhinged cereal killer and you're just going to sit and talk instead of swinging for his head?

I honestly hope this is the end of the Moriarty plot, I was bored to tears of it honestly, as if it was any big surprise he would become/be inherently evil in the first place.
Mar 7, 2020 9:09 AM

Jun 2014
Well this whole arc with Moriarty as the antagonist was quite a wild ride. For some reason though I doubt he's dead, especially with 3 episodes left, but I hope I'm wrong tbh.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 7, 2020 10:55 AM
Jul 2019
Well, Moriarty just jumped out of the bldg, is he dead????? I don't so.....I think.
Mar 7, 2020 11:35 AM

Sep 2017
Using the elevators was a pretty big fail. Anyway this felt like it could have been a finale. I'm guessing either James survives from some bs plan (I hope not) or Sherlock is gonna have to deal with his "teapot" being broken as it were. Still don't know what the numbers mean either.
Mar 7, 2020 7:52 PM

Dec 2016
matias067 said:
Oh God! such a heavy episode!
i guess this is the endgame for Moriarty...???
5/5.

Yikes

Is there anything you don't rate a 5/5 ?

Leo said:

I loved the ending with Moriarty understanding he was the one for Sherlock. Honestly I hate yet love Moriarty. He's a really great antagonist.

Angsty kid turns psycho because mommy hugged him too much. Wow, what a great antagonist
KimurahMar 7, 2020 7:55 PM
Mar 7, 2020 11:21 PM

Jun 2013
Kimurah said:

Leo said:

Angsty kid turns psycho because mommy hugged him too much. Wow, what a great antagonist

This. LOL Moriarity's backstory was pretty much garbage. I feel zero sympathy for him. Most people rooting for him are simply attracted to him because he's a bishounen.

However, I doubt Moriarity is dead. No body, no death.
臭い-
Mar 8, 2020 4:30 AM

Nov 2019
Bibimbapski said:
Kimurah said:

This. LOL Moriarity's backstory was pretty much garbage. I feel zero sympathy for him. Most people rooting for him are simply attracted to him because he's a bishounen.

However, I doubt Moriarity is dead. No body, no death.

They're born with it guys (Moriarty and Sherlock) Psychopathy, how the mummy raised him is irrelevant

7 out of 10 people are on the spectrum but not necessarily mean you are or can be classified a psychopath

With Sherlock and Moriarty's case, there's no spectrum with Moriarty, it's maxed out 100% while Sherlock probably only at 90% and is why he can manage with his disorder
Mar 8, 2020 9:21 AM

Sep 2011
This is the kind of confrontation that I was expecting for the last, or at least penultimate, episode to be honest, but here we are. I wonder if Moriarty is really dead. It seems almost certain, but you never know. And I wonder if he is going to get what he wants. If his death is going to shatter Sherlock's "tea pot." He was important to him after all. Maybe even more than Watson is. I don't know what to expect from these last few episodes now.
Mar 8, 2020 4:52 PM

Jul 2017
Not a damn surprised that the Pipecat Bar Detectives have been thrown into turmoil with what happened with Moriarty, James and Mary.

And yet...Christmas is still a thing, with mass criminal Albert and Moriarty on the loose. Good thing's Watson is still alive to tend to Sherlock, with Kabukichou's police team.

Darkcommander said:
The elevators in the building should've stopped working as soon as the fire alarm went off after the explosion, that's just pure health and safety. Yet somehow as it's going off Sherlock and Watson are going up in one.
For safety? More like for "fictional" purposes. What a big fail.

And then meeting the criminal itself: Moriarty. The self-proclaimed mass murder has no sympathy at this point, and even Watson wants to resolve this without violence (what a wimp). But above all, Sherlock's "teapot", more than taking strides in his life and meeting young James to "full his teapot", strives for the best in everyone's lives.

In the end, their BTS action was splendid, and Kobayashi (in all of his wisdomness) ended their farce, but that number came back up again. That "great-turned-dog" figure was very apt, as what defined Moriarty's plan: to his "death" at the expense of cold revenge.

Will not expect him to "die" that quick, but see how does the remainder turn out.
Mar 8, 2020 5:03 PM
Dec 2017
To all the people that commented episodes ago that they needed motives why Moriarty did a 360 like that.

To the people saying that his backstory was bad, really don't understand that the answer is as simple as it gets.

Sometimes villains don't need to have motives or grand plans on why they perform violent acts. The thing with Moriarty that the show set up pretty well tbh is that he has psychotic tendencies.

So no, it does not have to be logical, because such severe mental illness ignores logic and that was portrayed very well in the scene where he saw dead fish electrocuted and then tried to recreate the scene with his mother.

Subtle hints were thrown a lot throughout the entirety of the show to those that chose to see them. The fact his father hated him and the subtle hints that he is responsible for something happening to his mother, the butterfly scene, the scene where he killed Jack. It was all there. It's not a masterpiece, but this show is definitely very underappreciated, it did a lot of things right. And the OP is a banger that I'd never dare skip.
Mar 9, 2020 11:27 PM

Oct 2017
So that's it for James I guess, the ending scene was great.

I want some quality Mary x Watson in this last three episodes. I hope they give them some sweet screentime together before this anime ends.
Mar 10, 2020 8:39 PM

Dec 2016
SaltyReinn said:

To the people saying that his backstory was bad, really don't understand that the answer is as simple as it gets.

Sometimes villains don't need to have motives or grand plans on why they perform violent acts. The thing with Moriarty that the show set up pretty well tbh is that he has psychotic tendencies.

That's quite a reductive and very conformist way of putting it together. Just because you can get a D on any paperwork by doing the bare minimun and because the subject is too simple or too unnapealing doesn't mean you shouldn't make the effort to make something extraordinary about it

I watched last night Joker movie, and the way the whole Arthur's psychosys is presented from the highest point to the rock bottom ones where he loses it and becomes Gotham's number one most wanted criminal, but you still feel attached to Arthur because you can connect to some level with all the karma that just piles on. There's a lot of empathy in his story despite the crude message

With Moriarty story, there isn't that empathy on him killing all his family and close people to them along with all the people he met inside in the big house. His story is presented in a very lazy and "boxed" way after losing the high that he had when he killed Jack the Ripper. The writers and director truly dropped the ball by adding so many filler episodes just to present the multiple suicides of his partners in crime, it totally lost the momentum gained. Not to mention there wasn't any immersion when Moriarty finally took the podium to finally cough up his very expected sob flashback, wich sadly is a unimaginative and very cliche way to present an expected twist and a story that should explain a character's motivation.

SaltyReinn said:

So no, it does not have to be logical, because such severe mental illness ignores logic and that was portrayed very well in the scene where he saw dead fish electrocuted and then tried to recreate the scene with his mother.

Subtle hints were thrown a lot throughout the entirety of the show to those that chose to see them. The fact his father hated him and the subtle hints that he is responsible for something happening to his mother, the butterfly scene, the scene where he killed Jack.

There was nothing sublte regarding his remorse towards his father and quite frankly his dissociation with human values was pretty poorly portrayed. Like I said, in my original post it was all based on being loved too much by his family and him not being able to reciprocate. There was no immersion on to what he was seeing or thinking while he dropped the hair dryer on his mother's bathtub or when he killed Jack or shot everyone on his own manor (wich is why I called the immersion quite boxy as in watched thru a TV set of him doing stuff but not showing the emotions or thoughts he had while doing them) adding empty metaphors of empty pots for a cheap sense of depth and moral. In comparisson in Joker we can see several sequences where Arthur's dementia kicks in and we as the viewers get bamboozled and can only see how things went thru after the sequences on his mind were played.

SaltyReinn said:

It's not a masterpiece, but this show is definitely very underappreciated, it did a lot of things right. And the OP is a banger that I'd never dare skip.

Doing "some" things right is a sure way to make a show quite forgetable, just like a D student.
Mar 11, 2020 12:20 PM
May 2019
So, is this their version of "the final problem"?
Mar 11, 2020 4:39 PM

Aug 2019
I really liked this episode. I felt kinda sad with the situation between Sherlock and moriarty. You just can't hate him.
Looking forward to the next one
Mar 24, 2020 3:30 PM
Jun 2013
I just finished watching episode 21 and from the looks of it, he committed suicide, but did he?
Mar 29, 2020 2:49 PM

Aug 2011
I wasn't surprised about Moriarty's turn about, after all, I've read Sherlock Holmes books, as well as seen the BBC adaptation, so I already knew. However, I am very impressed with how it was portrayed in this anime.

Even so, I was 'partially' fooled into believing they had made his character the good guy (I said partially). In the beginning, the cases were light and somewhat comedic, as well as Moriarty's back story and his sister. But him going to jail was my wake up call.

Whatever I imagined during the first few episodes did not do this anime justice. Kabuchiko Sherlock is definitely much deeper than one would think.
May 11, 2020 6:47 AM
Oct 2017
What a stinker. Was watchable until the 'Jack' arc ended then everything went down the drain. Straight trash.
Oct 23, 2020 11:47 AM

Aug 2015
I love a morally bankrupt, sociopathic chessmaster villain, but Moriarty is cringe-inducingly corny and unbelievable. I get secondhand embarrassment every time he compares his heart to a broken teapot. Every time he repeated the word "teapot" in his atrocious monologue, I was closer to dropping the show mid-sentence.

The writing is terrible for his "big reveal". So he's a sociopath who accidentally killed his mom, then got "awakened" by the fact that he realized he would have wanted to kill his sister. HOW does that make him a master manipulator / hypnotist etc within the span of a year or so in prison?

James builds up all of this leverage against his father only to simply murder him? Why even bother with ruining his father's campaign and business opportunities while making himself look like an angel in the public eye only to execute his whole household? Shouldn't the point be to make yourself come out on top while tearing your father down? Isn't the greatest revenge to make yourself continue to be the hero in the public eye while permanently staining your father's reputation?

If James was actually clever, he'd arrange for his dad to commit suicide after a failed campaign, all the while stringing Sherlock along, not revealing enough damning evidence to ever be arrested. Then in the end he'd be the head of his incredibly wealthy household, and have control over both the West and East sides via his connections. Sherlock would remain suspicious, but never have enough info to take James out. So they continue their cat and mouse game + friend/enemy status, constantly chasing after each other, WHICH IS WHAT MORIARTY WANTS. James literally wants Sherlock to continue to "play" with him, so why didn't he do it properly???? Instead, all James does with these very obvious and public murders of his own estate is tank his own reputation.

We all knew this villain reveal was coming, him being MORIARTY and all, so why didn't the show focus more on developing his rise to criminal mastermind status instead of this weak infodump? They tried so hard to make it edgy they forgot to actually make Moriarty SMART.

Maybe Moriarty is going to be revealed as alive after this, and somehow this whole thing was planned, seeing there's 3 more episodes after this "finale", but I don't care anymore. He's a weak ass villain.
whitherOct 23, 2020 4:41 PM
Jan 19, 2021 2:26 AM

Jul 2015
Despite Moriarty turning out to be one hell of a psycho, that was one hell of a way to end his life. Kinda wished there was something more on him turning out to be a criminal mastermind than just being born like one.

Mar 20, 2021 3:53 AM

Mar 2010
Watson is really a angel compared to Moriarty. Wow the swat team got massacred easily lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

54 by SenChen »»
Apr 14, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

59 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 15, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

27 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 14, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

39 by OneFaintingRobin »»
Mar 14, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

34 by EratiK »»
Sep 4, 2022 3:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.