Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 11, 2020 8:13 PM
Nov 2019
This movie was a 9/10 until the final battle/climax. They really fucked up the ending imo. That may have been the biggest ass pull I have ever seen in an anime. I give it a 7/10 overall because of that.
Jul 12, 2020 5:29 AM
Oct 2018
Zeroflamez said:
I really don't even understand. The last movie people were saying the story sucked and they tried to put too much plot into too short of a time span, the fights sucked and they didn't use the entire cast. Then they make this movie and don't try to tell a story like the last one and just gave us bigger, better and longer fights but this time around they gave everyone in class 1-A a role and some time shine unlike Two Heroes. Now people are are mad cause it had too many fights and no story. LOL what actually is the Anime community? In my opinion this movie was vastly superior than the previous one based on entertainment and re-watch value.

The movie was incredible in my opinion. I don't expect a deep story from a movie of a long running shounen series. What I expect are good fights with top tier animation, and that's what this movie absolutely delivered on. Not sure what to think about what happened with deku after the final fight though. Not a manga reader, I didn't know if that was even possible.
Nik03178Jul 12, 2020 6:17 AM
Jul 12, 2020 9:59 PM

Apr 2010
Nik03178 said:
Zeroflamez said:
I really don't even understand. The last movie people were saying the story sucked and they tried to put too much plot into too short of a time span, the fights sucked and they didn't use the entire cast. Then they make this movie and don't try to tell a story like the last one and just gave us bigger, better and longer fights but this time around they gave everyone in class 1-A a role and some time shine unlike Two Heroes. Now people are are mad cause it had too many fights and no story. LOL what actually is the Anime community? In my opinion this movie was vastly superior than the previous one based on entertainment and re-watch value.

The movie was incredible in my opinion. I don't expect a deep story from a movie of a long running shounen series. What I expect are good fights with top tier animation, and that's what this movie absolutely delivered on. Not sure what to think about what happened with deku after the final fight though. Not a manga reader, I didn't know if that was even possible.

Yeah the end fight is questionable. Either way though I can over look it cause the movie was just so entertaining. I feel like too many people now expect WAY too much out of Action Shounen Anime films these days. These kind of films were never meant to have a deep plot and well thought out story. It was to give the viewers a film that was light on plot and heavy on fun and entertainment.
Jul 13, 2020 6:47 AM

Mar 2010
Everything before the last 15 minutes was pretty good. Then the quirk exchange happened.

Should i accept this as canon or not.. I don't even know. Does Deku have now the power to give small dosages to OFA or what..?

Also all these (especially) movies and BnHA overall suffers the bad/mediocre villain writing. But that's something I have already accepted as inevitable.
LylaazJul 13, 2020 7:04 AM
Sep 9, 2020 5:59 PM

Apr 2009
i came into this movie knowing nothing about it; i don't like spoilers so i typically avoid any and all hype there is about something and then go watch it in my own pace,

i recognized too many things in this movie from other movies, too many things were repeated from the anime series, it did nothing to make for an interesting villain and it did nothing to elevate the anime series like other series' movies had; pokemon, digimon, precure- typically watching the movie of an anime series has the movie at least as good, if not much better than the episodes of the anime,

i feel this movie failed to do so;
here are two children, you know they will be the centerplot, they will be jerks, the good guys will protect them and teach them to do better, the bad guy will come after them and then he good guys win and the movie's over
-also to know that whatsoever happens in this movie will have zero effect on anything in the next season of the anime, so don't expect the stakes to be high except for the new characters introduced to die or disappear

i think i liked the last movie better, and i wouldn't say it was all that good either, but at least had some funny moments here and there,
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Sep 10, 2020 4:37 PM

Dec 2016
The final battle doesn't make any sense imo
Sep 11, 2020 12:45 AM

Mar 2018
Seijatachiiii said:
I mean I think we can all agree it is definitely better than the first movie.

I think it was alright, just an average shounen movie, sure the thing with
was a bit dumb and just kinda bs but the overall movie was just fun, even if you had to turn your brain off a bit.
it was better than the 1st one ya and also deku giving one for all in just a movie was dumb for sure it's a big plot idk why they do it but still good movie compare to 1st
Sep 11, 2020 12:50 AM

Mar 2018
For me it was better than the 1st one and it seems like midoriya is much powerful in this movie like damn!!! I think that should have been original series arc intead of movie cus deku also transfer his one for all to bakugo which was kinda big thing..which i find a lil too fast going story..other than that movie was great campare to the 1st movie.it has also some cool fight's.i really enjoyed it :)
Sep 11, 2020 1:24 AM

Jul 2020
I felt like crying after seeing the movie it exceeding all my expectations.I know that it lacked the plot but the fight scenes were super amazing.I don't care about the haters who disliked this movie.It showed the whole of class1a students fight scenes even mineta.I really love this movie.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 11, 2020 1:25 AM

Jul 2020
HERO123456 said:
Seijatachiiii said:
I mean I think we can all agree it is definitely better than the first movie.

I think it was alright, just an average shounen movie, sure the thing with
was a bit dumb and just kinda bs but the overall movie was just fun, even if you had to turn your brain off a bit.
it was better than the 1st one ya and also deku giving one for all in just a movie was dumb for sure it's a big plot idk why they do it but still good movie compare to 1st

The author itself agreed to it.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 15, 2020 8:44 AM

Jul 2013
It's not bad, but it's not specially good. It is a little bit boring if we compare it to the tv series (except the last arc of the 4th season). The story is not new, I mean, yeah, it is an original movie, but the story is like a summary of the tv show, we have seen everything already: Villain who steals powers, Deku wants to protect a kid who can cure people (well, the girl can go back in time, but cures anyway)...
Sep 15, 2020 8:51 AM

Apr 2010
bryansao said:
It's not bad, but it's not specially good. It is a little bit boring if we compare it to the tv series (except the last arc of the 4th season). The story is not new, I mean, yeah, it is an original movie, but the story is like a summary of the tv show, we have seen everything already: Villain who steals powers, Deku wants to protect a kid who can cure people (well, the girl can go back in time, but cures anyway)...

In my opinion I don't think everything needs to be new or original to be entertaining if it knows what it's trying to achieve and executed tropes properly.Also again, this is just my opinion but I found MHA to be quite boring a lot of the time. Especially after big arcs, the down time that comes after is quite dry.
Sep 15, 2020 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
Zeroflamez said:
bryansao said:

In my opinion I don't think everything needs to be new or original to be entertaining if it knows what it's trying to achieve and executed tropes properly.Also again, this is just my opinion but I found MHA to be quite boring a lot of the time. Especially after big arcs, the down time that comes after is quite dry.

Well, I agree up to a point. It doesn't have to be all new, but it has if we are talking about a 'product' about the same tv show. You can't tell the same story all over again and sell ti as a new 'product', at least if it is not a remake or a summary film.
Sep 15, 2020 1:17 PM
Apr 2020
The movie was a bit asspulley for me. I liked the 1st one more. As for the people hating it, it may just be another group who loved the 1st movie more

On a side note, I dropped the 4th season with all the asspulls it was pulling out of its ass. They also destroyed the Mirio moment with that 'fight' scene. But I heard that the next arcs are supposed to be better than Overhaul arc (imo the worst arc till now). Should I pick it back up
Sep 15, 2020 1:51 PM

Apr 2010
bryansao said:
Zeroflamez said:

Well, I agree up to a point. It doesn't have to be all new, but it has if we are talking about a 'product' about the same tv show. You can't tell the same story all over again and sell ti as a new 'product', at least if it is not a remake or a summary film.

I get what you're saying but you actually can tell the same story over and over again and sell it as a new product. Just look at all of the DBZ and Naruto movies. They did that for years and people bought it.
Sep 15, 2020 5:15 PM

Apr 2010
Ekopp said:
Monochrosanity said:
Because they didn’t like it? Idk what to tell you man, it’s not rocket science.

Pretty much this. Taste is subjective so you can't please everyone.

It is taste but people on MAL tend to hate and have unrealistic expectations when it comes to Shounen Battle films. The entire point of them is to be entertaining, it's not meant to have a deep or engaging story. Just to be fun films with a basic plot and some good action and fan service. They expect a movie with a 1 hr 30 or so minute run time to have the same depth as the TV series. Which is just ridiculous.
Sep 15, 2020 6:05 PM

Dec 2015
Have not seen the movie, but I came here just to emphasize: Season 4 was trash
Sep 15, 2020 8:00 PM

Apr 2010
thiago52192 said:
Have not seen the movie, but I came here just to emphasize: Season 4 was trash

I wouldn't say it was trash but it was definitely the weakest season yet. I found myself bored most of the time watching it and rolling my eyes at the fact that Deku stole Lemillions shine for no other reason because he's the MC and he has to beat the baddie. Homie got robbed cause of plot convenience.
Sep 16, 2020 12:38 PM

Feb 2010
The first part was to slow there are to many characters the bandage villain was boring.
The movie gets 1 more score point because of the final fight it reminded me of dragon ball,hxh,one piece and many more great shonens.
Sep 27, 2020 1:17 PM
Apr 2020
copy pasting my reasons

this movie had a lot of plotholes

bakugo can not remember he had one for all why?
how come deku and bakugo can use 100% on their whole body without Eri? this isnt some super saiyan technique that can just be unlocked
and the other one for all users stopped the transferring? like really? thats one of the biggest BS excuses ive ever heard. it would make much more sense if bakugo simply transferred the core back to deku
Sep 27, 2020 1:43 PM

Apr 2010
ayaan692 said:
copy pasting my reasons

how come deku and bakugo can use 100% on their whole body without Eri? this isnt some super saiyan technique that can just be unlocked
and the other one for all users stopped the transferring? like really? thats one of the biggest BS excuses ive ever heard. it would make much more sense if bakugo simply transferred the core back to deku

Movies having plot holes is common, yet people still enjoy them. I don't see the problem.
Sep 27, 2020 3:07 PM
Apr 2020
Zeroflamez said:
ayaan692 said:
copy pasting my reasons

Movies having plot holes is common, yet people still enjoy them. I don't see the problem.

Your question was why people found the movie bad and plotholes are a big factor. it takes you out of the story. Its ok that you dont care about them but dont just expect others to be fine with it
Sep 27, 2020 3:30 PM

Apr 2010
ayaan692 said:
Zeroflamez said:

Your question was why people found the movie bad and plotholes are a big factor. it takes you out of the story. Its ok that you dont care about them but dont just expect others to be fine with it

"The movie had a lot of plot holes" Yet the only plot hole people seem to be able to point out is the Bakugo thing with One for all. That seems like the ONLY thing people have a problem with in this entire film and to use that as a reason to dislike the entire movie in an otherwise plot hole free film is just nit picking. It's not like this is the first plot hole in MHA anyway. MHA season 4 was full of plot holes and plot conveniences and people still loved that garbage season anyway.
ZeroflamezSep 27, 2020 3:34 PM
Sep 28, 2020 7:16 AM
Apr 2020
Zeroflamez said:
ayaan692 said:

"The movie had a lot of plot holes" Yet the only plot hole people seem to be able to point out is the Bakugo thing with One for all. That seems like the ONLY thing people have a problem with in this entire film and to use that as a reason to dislike the entire movie in an otherwise plot hole free film is just nit picking. It's not like this is the first plot hole in MHA anyway. MHA season 4 was full of plot holes and plot conveniences and people still loved that garbage season anyway.

Dude i just posted a whole list of plotholes and even the one you mentioned is a pretty big one.
Yeah season 4 had a lot of plotholes too which is why its my least favorite one so im consistant on my take.
It wasnt received that well either so dont know how you came to the conclusion that everyone loved it
Sep 28, 2020 7:27 AM

Apr 2010
ayaan692 said:
Zeroflamez said:

Dude i just posted a whole list of plotholes and even the one you mentioned is a pretty big one.
Yeah season 4 had a lot of plotholes too which is why its my least favorite one so im consistant on my take.
It wasnt received that well either so dont know how you came to the conclusion that everyone loved it

A whole list? 3 is a whole list? Even then the 3 plot holes could pretty much be looked at as one whole plot hole instead of 3 separate ones cause they all play into each other.
Sep 28, 2020 12:52 PM
Apr 2020
Zeroflamez said:
ayaan692 said:

A whole list? 3 is a whole list? Even then the 3 plot holes could pretty much be looked at as one whole plot hole instead of 3 separate ones cause they all play into each other.

So 3 arent enough?
Just admit it the movie failed to deliver
The climax is the most crucial part in every movie and they ruined it.
With the misplaced ost too.
Look if you still liked the movie nobody is blaming you but expecting the whole fanbase to like is ridiculous.
Ill gift you another plothole
Deku needed many hours before he could activate one for all after receiving the dna
So bakugo being able to use it right away is Bs
ayaan692Sep 28, 2020 12:56 PM
Sep 28, 2020 6:50 PM

Apr 2010
ayaan692 said:
Zeroflamez said:

So 3 arent enough?
Look if you still liked the movie nobody is blaming you but expecting the whole fanbase to like is ridiculous.
Deku needed many hours before he could activate one for all after receiving the dna

It's not really that BS if you think about. Midoriya had to train all those hours cause he was weak and had no talent. Bakugo on the other hand is naturally gifted in combat prowess and is just physically gifted. Not to mention the fact that he is talented. It's not really outside the realm of the shows logic that Bakugo couldn't be able to adapt to One for all faster than Midoriya. Especially since there is nothing indicating yet that one NEEDS to train for 100's of hours like Midoriya in order to achieve a certain level of mastery. For all we know Midoriya's way may be the exception, not the rule. Why would I admit the movie failed to deliver? It entertained me. I had a much more fun time with this movie than I did the entirety of the snoozefest that was season 4. This is my point, you guys expect WAYY too much from Shounen Anime films. So what if Bakugo and Midoriya defy the logic of the series in a non cannon movie? It isn't apart of the cannon story. It doesn't affect the series in anyway, this movie is supposed to be entertaining and fun for fans. Why be so critical about it? If you want an Anime film with a well written and possibly even flawless plot then you're watching the wrong films and should go watch some films that aren't based off of a SJW manga series.
Sep 28, 2020 8:51 PM
Apr 2020
Zeroflamez said:
ayaan692 said:

So 3 arent enough?

It's not really that BS if you think about. Midoriya had to train all those hours cause he was weak and had no talent. Bakugo on the other hand is naturally gifted in combat prowess and is just physically gifted. Not to mention the fact that he is talented. It's not really outside the realm of the shows logic that Bakugo couldn't be able to adapt to One for all faster than Midoriya. Especially since there is nothing indicating yet that one NEEDS to train for 100's of hours like Midoriya in order to achieve a certain level of mastery. For all we know Midoriya's way may be the exception, not the rule. Why would I admit the movie failed to deliver? It entertained me. I had a much more fun time with this movie than I did the entirety of the snoozefest that was season 4. This is my point, you guys expect WAYY too much from Shounen Anime films. So what if Bakugo and Midoriya defy the logic of the series in a non cannon movie? It isn't apart of the cannon story. It doesn't affect the series in anyway, this movie is supposed to be entertaining and fun for fans. Why be so critical about it? If you want an Anime film with a well written and possibly even flawless plot then you're watching the wrong films and should go watch some films that aren't based off of a SJW manga series.

i dont think being weak correlates to the quirk working slower. sounds like weak head cannon to justify that plothole.
i enjoyed the first my hero movie a lot and found it better than this one too so no i dont think im watching the wrong films maybe your expectations are too low. i saw a lot of shounen movies which were simply amazing.
and even while being non cannon if a movie of a series isnt following its rules then it takes you out of it.
imagine in the next dragonball movie krillin whopping beerus ass.
would you be fine with it just because its non cannon or call that bs out?
again if you dont care about plot holes cool good for you.
but for people like me and many others its a major turn off
Sep 28, 2020 10:45 PM

Apr 2010
ayaan692 said:
Zeroflamez said:

i dont think being weak correlates to the quirk working slower. sounds like weak head cannon to justify that plothole.
i enjoyed the first my hero movie a lot and found it better than this one too so no i dont think im watching the wrong films maybe your expectations are too low. i saw a lot of shounen movies which were simply amazing.
and even while being non cannon if a movie of a series isnt following its rules then it takes you out of it.
imagine in the next dragonball movie krillin whopping beerus ass.
would you be fine with it just because its non cannon or call that bs out?
again if you dont care about plot holes cool good for you.
but for people like me and many others its a major turn off

Whatever dude. Nothing is stating that none of these plot holes aren't a possible reality later on in this series. So despite it defying logic it is still playing within the current rules of what the universe allows. Unlike your Krillin analogy in which it's already been established that Humans aren't anywhere near the power of a God. So Krillin being able to beat Beerus would absolutely NEVER happen or even be a possibility within the Dragon Ball universe. My point ultimately is that you can turn your brain off and still enjoy this movie despite the plot holes because nothing states that A person that receives One for all can't transfer it back, nor that Midoriya won't ever be able to sustain 100% full cowl without Eri nor is there anything stating that someone who is already physically strong and skilled using their own quirk can't assimilate to One for All faster than someone who has to start from scratch like Midoriya. To sum it up this film is not doing anything so drastically out of character when it comes to what we expect from the series that would make it impossible to enjoy this film.
ZeroflamezSep 28, 2020 10:57 PM
Oct 27, 2020 3:10 PM
Sep 2015
Yeah I agree shonen movies are supposed to be entertaining but for me, this movie felt too long. The battles were nicely animated but the constant shouting and blinding explosions were too much.
I couldn't wait for it to end.
Oct 27, 2020 3:40 PM

Apr 2010
JOELbedulla said:
Yeah I agree shonen movies are supposed to be entertaining but for me, this movie felt too long. The battles were nicely animated but the constant shouting and blinding explosions were too much.
I couldn't wait for it to end.

It appears the tastes of Shounen fans have changed since back in the day lol. I guess my standards are lower or something than the modern Shounen community. All I cared about back in the day was if the fights were dope and animated well. Everything else was just "it is what it is" and I never expected much from'em story and narrative wise lol. I guess that's why this movie appeals to me so much. I didn't really enjoy the first movie as much cause the fights sucked and the Animation was no different from what you get in the TV Anime. This movie just gave me everything I wished the first movie had.
Oct 29, 2020 1:36 AM

Oct 2010
One reviewer said the animation was as good as other MHA stuff like.. dude.. some of that artwork was incredible.. and there were definitely more frames of animation and GOOD CGI to boot.. I'd almost give this a 9 in combination with that.
Oct 29, 2020 10:47 AM

Apr 2010
Sexyjutsu said:
One reviewer said the animation was as good as other MHA stuff like.. dude.. some of that artwork was incredible.. and there were definitely more frames of animation and GOOD CGI to boot.. I'd almost give this a 9 in combination with that.

Yeah what that reviewer said just isn't true. If he was saying that about the Two Heroes MHA Movie I'd agree and he'd be correct.
Oct 29, 2020 11:23 AM

Oct 2010
I think the movie was fine, villains were OP compared to the series. Would've liked something that could've actually fit into canon but I enjoyed it for its animation and spectacle, sticking with my 8/10.
Nov 22, 2020 7:51 AM
Nov 2020
Viltas said:
Imagine watching a shounen movie expecting good story. you don't know what you're in for lol they're all cashgrabs

Then you're just an idiot that has never seen a good one. Ever heard of one piece?
Nov 22, 2020 7:53 AM
Nov 2020
Viltas said:
Imagine watching a shounen movie expecting good story. you don't know what you're in for lol they're all cashgrabs
ever heard of one piece? Thats just a hlrrible take lmao
Nov 22, 2020 9:31 AM

Apr 2010
Tracl5 said:
Viltas said:
ever heard of one piece? Thats just a hlrrible take lmao

They are mostly cash grabs though with few exceptions. Regardless of how good or bad the film is.
Jan 12, 2021 4:38 AM

May 2013
Viltas said:

Thats not a good excuse for being bad.
Feb 2, 2021 1:12 AM

Jul 2015
Most of the people saying the movie was trash are forgetting that this was actually the supposed ending of the series if you replace the villain with Shigaraki. Though of course they had to be sure that Midoriya gets OFA back so the series can keep on going.
i am the ultimate one piece fanboy
Mar 21, 2021 2:35 AM

May 2013
CheyneGreene said:
Most of the people saying the movie was trash are forgetting that this was actually the supposed ending of the series if you replace the villain with Shigaraki. Though of course they had to be sure that Midoriya gets OFA back so the series can keep on going.

That actually makes it worse.
Mar 21, 2021 6:35 AM

Jul 2015
Pxi2 said:
CheyneGreene said:

That actually makes it worse.

You don't like the idea of Midoriya losing OFA and bakugo getting it instead?
i am the ultimate one piece fanboy
Mar 30, 2021 4:37 AM
Jan 2019
To me at least, it was the plot holes, spoiler alert from now on:

In the final battle, deku passes one for all to bakugo so they can fight with 2 one for alls, the proble is,

1: bekugo didn't consume anything containing deku's DNA to get it, he just touched him and got it.

2: he instantly got the powers, unlike deku in the first season that had the hole process of digesting and shit.

The fight itself was cool, but the villain also wasnt all of that, he barely had any motivation, the best we got was to get the children's quirk so that he could use his abilities as he wished, but to do what? He says it's to "bring back the time that the strong rule" or something, but why? Did something happen to him or those he loves because he or someone didn't have a way to help even though they were strong? What are his motives?
Apr 10, 2021 12:42 PM
Aug 2019
Shitty plot, took away from the genuinely fantastic Shie Hassakai Arc, no thought or logic to the final fight, has absolutely no effect on anything in the universe because your writers are in a corner, and it's a glorified filler episode. I hold so much of a grudge and so much hatred for this movie for how much it fucked the production of S4 (slideshow Mirio).
May 11, 2021 12:45 AM
Sep 2020
Zeroflamez said:

This movie isn't bad some people are just pissed off because at the end of the movie
Bakugo acted as if he never knew what happened to him,in theory he is supposed to be smart ,and yet he forgot,that thing felt like an asspull
,And betrayed
May 11, 2021 4:39 AM

Apr 2010
Mack_Yeager said:
Zeroflamez said:

This movie isn't bad some people are just pissed off because at the end of the movie
Bakugo acted as if he never knew what happened to him,in theory he is supposed to be smart ,and yet he forgot,that thing felt like an asspull
,And betrayed

It's still stupid that people are mad just because of the ending. This film isn't even cannon.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia the Movie 2: Heroes:Rising Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Dec 23, 2019

154 by animefan8800 »»
Dec 25, 2023 2:08 AM

» [Spoiler] Question PogChamp

CickNipolla - Jan 13, 2022

13 by SonoAltoComeLevi »»
Sep 19, 2023 12:44 PM

» This movie is full of plot holes[Spoilers]

MegamiRem - Jul 10, 2020

14 by removed-user »»
Aug 13, 2022 1:13 AM

» Do you prefer Nine's group or Shigaraki's?

Scordolo - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sol_Ou »»
Apr 11, 2022 5:02 PM

» what does 'A new visual has just been added for this spring/2021 anime" mean

NicoTheAllMighty - Feb 4, 2021

12 by Gammix »»
Oct 2, 2021 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.