Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 5, 2020 5:34 PM

Apr 2010
I really don't even understand. The last movie people were saying the story sucked and they tried to put too much plot into too short of a time span, the fights sucked and they didn't use the entire cast. Then they make this movie and don't try to tell a story like the last one and just gave us bigger, better and longer fights but this time around they gave everyone in class 1-A a role and some time shine unlike Two Heroes. Now people are are mad cause it had too many fights and no story. LOL what actually is the Anime community? In my opinion this movie was vastly superior than the previous one based on entertainment and re-watch value.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 5, 2020 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
Zeroflamez said:
I really don't even understand. The last movie people were saying the story sucked and they tried to put too much plot into too short of a time span, the fights sucked and they didn't use the entire cast. Then they make this movie and don't try to tell a story like the last one and just gave us bigger, better and longer fights but this time around they gave everyone in class 1-A a role and some time shine unlike Two Heroes. Now people are are mad cause it had too many fights and no story. LOL what actually is the Anime community? In my opinion this movie was vastly superior than the previous one based on entertainment and re-watch value.

Maybe the complainers were watching the wrong genre. My Hero Academia is a shounen anime. Shounen anime prioritize fight scenes, and martial arts tournaments more than additional storylines. It's not a shoujo anime that prioritizes fan service, comedy, and romance scenes. It's just like how sports anime feature the spotlight on sports tournaments rather than multiple storylines for the characters. Also, the storyline for season 4 was getting too dark so I'm glad they focused on fighting scenes more. It really gave an opportunity for the supporting characters to shine. I like how the series embraces individualism. Each character is unique with their own quirks, and personalities. If they wish to watch anime with more storylines, they should try a drama series like Peach Girl.

Mar 5, 2020 11:25 PM

Apr 2010
Luchia said:
Zeroflamez said:

Maybe the complainers were watching the wrong genre. My Hero Academia is a shounen anime. Shounen anime prioritize fight scenes, and martial arts tournaments more than additional storylines. It's not a shoujo anime that prioritizes fan service, comedy, and romance scenes. It's just like how sports anime feature the spotlight on sports tournaments rather than multiple storylines for the characters. Also, the storyline for season 4 was getting too dark so I'm glad they focused on fighting scenes more. It really gave an opportunity for the supporting characters to shine. I like how the series embraces individualism. Each character is unique with their own quirks, and personalities. If they wish to watch anime with more storylines, they should try a drama series like Peach Girl.

I might get a lot of heat for this but I actually enjoyed the movie more than season 4.
Mar 6, 2020 3:12 AM

Jul 2019
I thought the movie was really bad. Most of the negative points lies towards the climax of the movie. With the biggest asspull I’ve ever seen, with
. At that point they just threw all logic out of the window which MHA has somewhat prided itself on. And it became basically Dragon Ball. The big beautifully animated showdown was really disappointing with completely misplaced OST that didn’t get you hyped at all, and to further emphasize that they COMPLETELY removed all sound effects during that scene. I don’t think I’ve been so disappointed in a climax fight in a while. It also didn’t help that the villain himself was quite uninspired.
Subarashii
Mar 6, 2020 3:14 AM

Dec 2018
Nothing has universal appeal. Even what most consider to be a masterpiece still have those who genuinely think it’s shit.
Mar 6, 2020 3:27 AM

Dec 2016
People lately have become overdemanding of this series honestly. I guess it has to do with how much its hype has grown in the last years.

Also let's not forget that its hatebase has become pretty big too. So it's not hard to find out there someone who's gonna trash everything of it just because it exists.
Mar 6, 2020 9:50 AM

Apr 2010
FFCreations said:
I thought the movie was really bad. Most of the negative points lies towards the climax of the movie. With the biggest asspull I’ve ever seen, with
. At that point they just threw all logic out of the window which MHA has somewhat prided itself on. And it became basically Dragon Ball. The big beautifully animated showdown was really disappointing with completely misplaced OST that didn’t get you hyped at all, and to further emphasize that they COMPLETELY removed all sound effects during that scene. I don’t think I’ve been so disappointed in a climax fight in a while. It also didn’t help that the villain himself was quite uninspired.

To be honest, My Hero Academia has been throwing logic out the window a lot lately. Overhaul Arc was nothing but ass pulls all around the board. So I'm not sure why this movie bothers you any. It's no different than what we've been getting lately in the Anime anyway.

Monochrosanity said:
Nothing has universal appeal. Even what most consider to be a masterpiece still have those who genuinely think it’s shit.

It's not the fact that people think it's shit. It's the fact that they gave the people complaining about last movie what they wanted in this movie and now they are giving this movie shit. I'm not sure what those people expect. I think a lot of these people are elitists that like to think of My Hero Academia as a sophisticated Shounen which it really isn't. And when the movie goes balls to the wall Shounen they get all in their feelings because it proves that it isn't really that different from other Shounen and they have no excuse to watch the show while actively bashing Shounen fans.

ZeroflamezMar 6, 2020 10:00 AM
Mar 6, 2020 9:57 AM

Jul 2019
Zeroflamez said:
FFCreations said:

To be honest, My Hero Academia has been throwing logic out the window a lot lately. Overhaul Arc was nothing but ass pulls all around the board. So I'm not sure why this movie bothers you any. It's no different than what we've been getting lately in the Anime anyway.
Well would it make more sense if I said the latest season was the absolute worst of all? I gave S4 a 4/10. Everything about it was just a huge downgrade. Worse villain, worse animation (the Mirio scene was just a gigantic Microsoft PowerPoint presentation) and asspulls.
Subarashii
Mar 6, 2020 9:58 AM

Aug 2016
Imagine watching a shounen movie expecting good story. you don't know what you're in for lol they're all cashgrabs
Mar 6, 2020 10:10 AM

Apr 2010
FFCreations said:
Zeroflamez said:

Well would it make more sense if I said the latest season was the absolute worst of all? I gave S4 a 4/10. Everything about it was just a huge downgrade. Worse villain, worse animation (the Mirio scene was just a gigantic Microsoft PowerPoint presentation) and asspulls.

I agree with you on season 4 completely. Like don't get me wrong the ending of the movie did have holes in it and that slow song did seem out of place instead of using something like "You say run" for example. So you aren't wrong. But after watching what was season 4 and going to see this film, the Movie really did feel more like My Hero academia (aside from the ending, which is up for debate) than all of Season 4 did. Like I found everything in the movie to be vastly superior than anything in Season 4. i can see myself watching this movie again, I can't see myself ever touching Season 4 again..
Mar 6, 2020 10:34 AM

May 2018
I mean I think we can all agree it is definitely better than the first movie.

I think it was alright, just an average shounen movie, sure the thing with
was a bit dumb and just kinda bs but the overall movie was just fun, even if you had to turn your brain off a bit.
Mar 6, 2020 10:02 PM
Jan 2019
Movie is not even canon. Animation is godly. This movie is solely an eye treat and that's it. Don't expect MHA to always carry out your expectations guys. Overhaul arc being ass is okay since we have Endeavor arc and Villian arc upcoming, which are, in my opinion vastly superior to the Overhaul arc and should contain vastly better fights than Mirio's PowePoint. If you dont get that the movie is not even canon and critique Bakugo's OFA use seriously, your an actual circus. (I'm about to drop some points, to prove, at least a little, that Baku's use is not that far fetched) Firstly, Bakugo is arguably better off in physique than Deku, since he's had to deal with f*cking explosions for his life, aka, his shoulders and arms are more naturall trained. 2nd, that means he fits within OFA's criteria to inherit it for a bit. 3rd, OFA isnt really know yet, and it's been established multiple times that it is a literal Deus-ex machina machine. 4th, he ended up with broken legs, I think, and arms, consequence enough right? Cause Deku is has a weaker constitution, and still has the same consequences. I'm done clowning myself as well.

All in all, movie was good, S4 tradeoff was okay since I didnt like Overhaul arc at all, because it is vastly inferior to later arcs. So dont get pissy about a movie that's not even canon y'all. Just watch with your eyes and enjoy something the animators took long and hard to animate. Cause really, I domt think anyone in her has the balls and patience to deal with what our precious animators had to go through with animating almost 2 hours of eye-gasmic fights. And to Makayla Phillips, who put her voice out there only to be bashed by like 50,000 otakus complaining about it replacing You Say Run, which was arguable massively overused.

Cheers to my fellow weebs :)
Mar 6, 2020 10:22 PM

Apr 2010
asunaislyff said:
Movie is not even canon. Animation is godly. This movie is solely an eye treat and that's it. Don't expect MHA to always carry out your expectations guys. Overhaul arc being ass is okay since we have Endeavor arc and Villian arc upcoming, which are, in my opinion vastly superior to the Overhaul arc and should contain vastly better fights than Mirio's PowePoint. If you dont get that the movie is not even canon and critique Bakugo's OFA use seriously, your an actual circus. (I'm about to drop some points, to prove, at least a little, that Baku's use is not that far fetched) Firstly, Bakugo is arguably better off in physique than Deku, since he's had to deal with f*cking explosions for his life, aka, his shoulders and arms are more naturall trained. 2nd, that means he fits within OFA's criteria to inherit it for a bit. 3rd, OFA isnt really know yet, and it's been established multiple times that it is a literal Deus-ex machina machine. 4th, he ended up with broken legs, I think, and arms, consequence enough right? Cause Deku is has a weaker constitution, and still has the same consequences. I'm done clowning myself as well.

All in all, movie was good, S4 tradeoff was okay since I didnt like Overhaul arc at all, because it is vastly inferior to later arcs. So dont get pissy about a movie that's not even canon y'all. Just watch with your eyes and enjoy something the animators took long and hard to animate. Cause really, I domt think anyone in her has the balls and patience to deal with what our precious animators had to go through with animating almost 2 hours of eye-gasmic fights. And to Makayla Phillips, who put her voice out there only to be bashed by like 50,000 otakus complaining about it replacing You Say Run, which was arguable massively overused.

Cheers to my fellow weebs :)

You say run was overused however this song is going to be overused just the same now. I don't hate either song but I think they need to use both sparingly in my opinion or create another piece of music for the coming seasons. It's not like they don't have the budget for it or anything. Also the movie was supposed to be the ending to the series. Apparently until it obviously got scrapped. So it's like an alternate cannon ending.
ZeroflamezMar 6, 2020 10:35 PM
Mar 6, 2020 10:51 PM
Feb 2017
FFCreations said:

Um, how is that spoiler what bothered you? You understand that it’s possible for other people to use it right? It doesn’t take “skill” to do that.

Guess some people just like big loud boomy explosions in their ears or the fights aren’t good :/.
Mar 6, 2020 10:53 PM
Feb 2017
This movie reminded me why I loved MHA in the first place.
Mar 7, 2020 6:19 AM

Jul 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
FFCreations said:

Um, how is that spoiler what bothered you? You understand that it’s possible for other people to use it right? It doesn’t take “skill” to do that.

Guess some people just like big loud boomy explosions in their ears or the fights aren’t good :/.

I think you missed the point.

And to the other person who mentioned that this was obviously not canon. While that may be true, they still shouldn’t break canonically established rules. That’s just poor writing if they do. Besides, there’s this huge thing online about how the movie may actually be canon. And iirc the author even said the first movie was canon, so wouldn’t surprise me if he considered this one too.
Subarashii
Mar 7, 2020 8:51 AM
Feb 2017
FFCreations said:
BlakexEkalb said:

And to the other person who mentioned that this was obviously not canon. While that may be true, they still shouldn’t break canonically established rules. That’s just poor writing if they do. Besides, there’s this huge thing online about how the movie may actually be canon. And iirc the author even said the first movie was canon, so wouldn’t surprise me if he considered this one too.

Mar 7, 2020 9:26 AM

Jul 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
FFCreations said:

Subarashii
Mar 7, 2020 9:42 AM
Feb 2012
Mar 7, 2020 9:51 AM
Feb 2017
FFCreations said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Mar 7, 2020 10:14 AM

Jul 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
FFCreations said:

Subarashii
Mar 7, 2020 10:22 AM
Jan 2019
Still, that's breaks from what I'm saying. This movie, is obviously not written for story. Its solely for the aesthetic. Breaking canon rules doesn't matter when it's not even gonna be mentioned. Horikoshi said that first movie was canon, and it showed, it's more grounded than this one, but that doesnt even matter because they dont even mention the damn fight anywhere after. In fact, I'd say the movies are just little outlets for Horikoshi and the animation team to see what works or not. This whole movie was exploring what DIDN'T work for the finale. As obviously the manga is going in a completely different direction.

Bakugo being able to use OFA is pretty grounded as said above, Baku has more natural muscle while Deku is still catching up. Remember when Deku almost dislocated his shoulder using Baku's gauntlet? When Baku used it in damn S1 no prob. Its OBVIOUS he has the MUSCLE, to do so. Skill is not a factor. He did a punch, which I'm sure any of us can do. The only skill he put was using it in conjunction with his explosion. Since OFA also enhances the other quirk if the user has one, then I see your point. But in terms of inheriting OFA, I see it as completely acceptable as Baku is trained more. As said before, if you think Baku inheriting OFA is cheese cause he would blow up, your an actual circus.

I wouldnt pin it on bad writing. Horikoshi could have easily gave us a nicely written story if he wanted to. But he said f*ck it, and gave the animators free reign and wrote an ALT ending for MHA. This being an ALT ending also makes me believe it is not canon. We will never see Kazuma or Mahoro. Nine and his squad are basically goners. And to be honest Baku and Deku will have amnesia again, as Deku forgot about literally every even in 2 heroes as well (meeting a busty blonde scientist is something I'd never forget, I'm disappointed in Deku). I'd say if you think its canon, then its canon. The same thing was said about 2 Heroes, right? But no one remembers ANYTHING from that. The anime can obviously add in dialogue and fillers that's are canon, think the ninja battle with Todoroki in the Liscensure arc. I'd say, as long as they dont mention anything about seeing a mini-AFO, its probably never gonna affect the main series. But I could be wrong, since this takes place after Endeavors fight, and before Blackwhip reveal, that's when we should pay attention. But considering that the Joint Training Arc is after the Pro Hero arc, I'm sure Horikoshi wotn change it much at all, since if Class B knew what happened, I'm sure they'd rather kill themselves than fight Deku (btw f*ck Monoma). Cause if they'd make the movie actually canon, I'd say the course of the Joint Training Arc would go much differently than it originally would.

If they overuse Might+U, I'm sure they'd pump out another one to overuse too, and I'd bet it would be pretty good as well.

TL;DR: Depending on how they address Joint Training Arc, movie should matter. Movie is not for brain, for eyes. Baku us strong enough to INHERIT OFA and punch with it. That's it.
Mar 7, 2020 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
BlakexEkalb said:
This movie reminded me why I loved MHA in the first place.

I know right? Those are my exact sentiments as well. Especially after how disappointing season 4 has been, it made me have mixed feelings about the show. However this movie made me fan again.
Mar 7, 2020 11:07 AM
Dec 2017
Not only the movie is bad, the whole concept of MHA's world is unrealistically bad. It's just a show for kids tbh

Itchy knee sand shit go rock you, cunt
1+1 Abomb = peace.

Mar 7, 2020 11:47 AM
Feb 2017
FFCreations said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Mar 7, 2020 1:00 PM

Jul 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
FFCreations said:

Subarashii
Mar 7, 2020 1:51 PM
Feb 2017
FFCreations said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Mar 7, 2020 2:47 PM

Jul 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
FFCreations said:

Subarashii
Mar 7, 2020 2:55 PM
Jan 2019
jeez man. how many times do we need to explain this? Using OFA 100% needs absolutely no skill whatsoever. Like the men above me said, it's either 0 or 100 if you have it for the first time. 0 or 100, 0 or 100, 0 or 100. Baku has natural skill and fighting prowess, it has been reinstated over and over and over again and again and again. All Might said there is no comparing power that's Level 50 (referring to Baku) to Lvl. 1 (Deku). Baku having even some sort of skill over Deku's quirk is fine and totally in bounds, now if Baku was able to pull a Delaware Smash Air Force, itd be a different argument and I'd agree with you. But throwing fists around with your quirk put on max requires no skill, the middle ground and controlling it requires skill. Did he control it? Not really, they are students not f*cking potatoes that fling their hands around and expect things to die. 80 percent of the world has a quirk, so 80 percent of people know what having a quirk at full knows what it FEELS like for power to surge through their veins. Quirks are physical abilities, yes, but they dont always require skill. Your bike example is good, but I'd give a scooter example. A scooter is used with MUCH ease, all you need to do is have balance which I'm sure everyone has, and suprise, I think Bakugo may have that metaphorical "balance". All OFA needs is a ready and muscular body, and the will to transfer to get power and use it. Deku having NO experience before hand NEEDED All Mights tutorials. But Baku knows the feeling of a quirk cause he has a hell of a taxing quirk too. And I think he has a pretty good body, so naturally he can accept the damn quirk. Big deal. Punching? Even Katsuma could do that.

As for the climax, in MY opinion, it's totally fine. This is Deku's peak. Remember the one of the first and most important aspects that was taught to him? The spirit of self-sacrifice. He did it for Kota against Muscular, for Uraraka in the entrance exam, he tried to for All Might in USJ, he messed his hand up for Todoroki, he put his life on the line again for Iida against Stain with Todoroki, he did it again for Baku in the Raid arc, he did it AGAIN against Chisaki for Eri and Mirio, and will do so again for the Festival, and of course, he did it here. The common theme before was that Deku put his body on the line to master his Quirk and embody All Mights catchphrase "I AM HERE!" but as the story and the villains became stronger, it became his life on the line to further master and learn about his power and to make himself a new hero. It's pretty much in the title, this is the Heroes Rising. Deku gave up his dream and his life up to Baku and gave him OFA because that's the only way they could have won, no other way as Baku is arguable weaker than 100% Deku at the moment. It shows his spirit of self sacrifice is more than even All Might expected as he was pretty visibly shocked when Deku told him. It's a culmination of his journeys. He knows very well he is could lose his quirk and his dream would be ripped apart, but he TRUSTS Baku enough, something he probably wouldnt have done previously. He embodied what it was to be a hero and sacrificed everything he had to win and save. Baku sacrificed his pride in winning with his own power to save as well. They both sacrificed what they previously held dear, Deku sacrificed his dream and Quirk while Baku sacrificed his pride in surpassing Deku with his own power that he envied. It really doesnt ruin it, it shows that what their development entails, Heroes Rising explains what perfectly describes the climax. Their experiences entail their rising as Heroes as they move on with their new resolve and spirit. Deku moves on with his Quirk and dream and also knowing his spirit saved Katsuma and Mahoro, and Baku moves on with his pride and his competitor intact and alive. They go on and rise as Heroes using their spirit of pride and self sacrifice in tandem to beat anyone.

That's what I think symbolizes the team up, it's the culmination of each others development to realize what All Might said previously about joingin forces and how strong they'd be if they did so.

Atleast that's what I think, you may think different. All I ask is just keep in mind everything is subjective. Dont take it out on hard on me lol.
Mar 7, 2020 3:05 PM
Feb 2017
FFCreations said:
BlakexEkalb said:

I don’t get why you’re saying this, in the universe of MHA it’s entirely possible.
Mar 8, 2020 12:38 PM
Nov 2019
There are always people who said that this is bad. Personally I think this movie was better than the first one and more enjoyable, yeah this time the whole class got more time to shine but at the end I found it’s just a classic shounen fight main vs vilain while the other are down.
Mar 9, 2020 1:27 PM

Aug 2018
Don't be so surprised, man. You said it yourself. This is the anime community we're dealing with here. You can't satisfy everyone. There will always be somebody who comes in, and rightfully believes their opinion are valued greater than yours, mine, and even the general consensus.

I personally thought it was a great film too. Season 3 and 4, while great, never gave me the feeling I loved while watching Season 2. This movie actually gave me that feeling after 3 years, and it was great!

I thought the movie pretty much did everything right being an anime movie. The thing with anime movies, is that you don't want them to feel like a glorified episode of the anime. You want it to feel cinematic, and awe you with the little run time it does have. This is exactly what the movie pulled off. You can't expect to have the deepest villain in the world either, you just gotta expect someone worthy of making for a good boss battle in a film. Above all else, I think this was a movie for the fans. Class 1A all got a chance to shine, and the villains played their roles well being as imposingly flashy as they were. It also went a little full circle when Deku, like All Might, paralleled encouraging the kid that he can be a hero too. It was a really cute nod.

People who outright say the final battle with Deku and Bakugo was dumb are just plain trolls though. I don't think those people are capable of enjoying themselves.
Mar 10, 2020 10:06 AM

Jul 2019
Giintora said:
Don't be so surprised, man. You said it yourself. This is the anime community we're dealing with here. You can't satisfy everyone. There will always be somebody who comes in, and rightfully believes their opinion are valued greater than yours, mine, and even the general consensus.

I personally thought it was a great film too. Season 3 and 4, while great, never gave me the feeling I loved while watching Season 2. This movie actually gave me that feeling after 3 years, and it was great!

I thought the movie pretty much did everything right being an anime movie. The thing with anime movies, is that you don't want them to feel like a glorified episode of the anime. You want it to feel cinematic, and awe you with the little run time it does have. This is exactly what the movie pulled off. You can't expect to have the deepest villain in the world either, you just gotta expect someone worthy of making for a good boss battle in a film. Above all else, I think this was a movie for the fans. Class 1A all got a chance to shine, and the villains played their roles well being as imposingly flashy as they were. It also went a little full circle when Deku, like All Might, paralleled encouraging the kid that he can be a hero too. It was a really cute nod.

People who outright say the final battle with Deku and Bakugo was dumb are just plain trolls though. I don't think those people are capable of enjoying themselves.

I mean...I thought you made a reasonable argument for about 90% of your comment. But then your last comment just completely destroyed anything you said prior. You started with saying that "There will always be somebody who comes in, and rightfully believes their opinion are valued greater than yours, mine, and even the general consensus" which I agree with, there will always be some idiot who thinks their opinion is greater. But then the last comment "People who outright say the final battle with Deku and Bakugo was dumb are just plain trolls though." you just outright dismissed anyone who had a certain opinion about the ending. That seems to be pretty damn contradictory towards what you prefaced your comment with. Maybe consider that they have reasons to think the ending was dumb just the same way you had reasons for thinking the movie was good?

For instance I thought the OST was completely misplaced and the removal of sound effects for the final fight just made the entire scene feel completely off and not at all exciting as it should've been.
AvicebronsMar 10, 2020 10:33 AM
Subarashii
Mar 10, 2020 12:53 PM

Aug 2018
FFCreations said:
Giintora said:

I mean...I thought you made a reasonable argument for about 90% of your comment. But then your last comment just completely destroyed anything you said prior. You started with saying that "There will always be somebody who comes in, and rightfully believes their opinion are valued greater than yours, mine, and even the general consensus" which I agree with, there will always be some idiot who thinks their opinion is greater. But then the last comment "People who outright say the final battle with Deku and Bakugo was dumb are just plain trolls though." you just outright dismissed anyone who had a certain opinion about the ending. That seems to be pretty damn contradictory towards what you prefaced your comment with. Maybe consider that they have reasons to think the ending was dumb just the same way you had reasons for thinking the movie was good?

For instance I thought the OST was completely misplaced and the removal of sound effects for the final fight just made the entire scene feel completely off and not at all exciting as it should've been.

That comment was not directed towards you, man... I think that it being the one thing that stook out to you, and made you reply, makes me think maybe it unintentionally was though.

You didn't think the OST and choice of emphasis on the action with lack of sound effects was weird? Cool. Others most certainly thought otherwise too.

Where exactly are we trying to go here? I'm confused.
Mar 10, 2020 1:13 PM

Jul 2019
Giintora said:
FFCreations said:

That comment was not directed towards you, man... I think that it being the one thing that stook out to you, and made you reply, makes me think maybe it unintentionally was though.

You didn't think the OST and choice of emphasis on the action with lack of sound effects was weird? Cool. Others most certainly thought otherwise too.

No, I know it wasn't directed towards me. My point being that why say other people might come in and talk as if their opinions hold greater value while you yourself at the end completely disregard people who didn't like the final fight. That makes it seem like you're one of those people.
Subarashii
Mar 10, 2020 1:29 PM

Aug 2018
FFCreations said:
Giintora said:

No, I know it wasn't directed towards me. My point being that why say other people might come in and talk as if their opinions hold greater value while you yourself at the end completely disregard people who didn't like the final fight. That makes it seem like you're one of those people.

Shieeet. I get what you're saying, and maybe you have a point.

I dunno. You having a problem with OST I can see, but maybe where I was going with this, is people who don't have a just reason or preference, and just hate for the sake of hate are the ones who should be disregarded. Like, some are calling it an ass pull, for example. Because Deku transferred his power for the little while? Because Bakugo used 100% despite All Might also being able to use it like that from the get go? I had a few gripes with the movie too, but that's the stuff I don't get.
Mar 14, 2020 9:06 PM
Jun 2017
Zeroflamez said:

yea they are pretty much a joke. you cant please them all i guess
Fire Emblem anime when
Mar 14, 2020 9:07 PM
Jun 2017
Ferien said:
People lately have become overdemanding of this series honestly. I guess it has to do with how much its hype has grown in the last years.

Also let's not forget that its hatebase has become pretty big too. So it's not hard to find out there someone who's gonna trash everything of it just because it exists.
the bigger the anime and how mainstream it is, the bigger the hate itll come its way
Fire Emblem anime when
Apr 5, 2020 2:17 AM

Oct 2018
The movie was vastly superior to the first one indeed especially in terms of animation, but the writing was still utter trash this movie. The villain's depth was very underwhelming, to the point where he didn't even bother elaborating further what his goal would "look like," and the whole "Bakugo One for All" ordeal was just weird.

But the animation is definitely this movie's big selling point, it's stunning and well choreographed, well done on that part.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Apr 5, 2020 2:18 AM

Dec 2018
Because they didn’t like it? Idk what to tell you man, it’s not rocket science.
Jun 14, 2020 7:48 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
Because shounen films in general suck? They're tacked on nothings that don't matter to the plot and usually have very stupid contrived reasons for all the fan favorites to be doing things or present in one place.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 10, 2020 1:55 AM
Apr 2020
this movie had a lot of plotholes

bakugo can not remember he had one for all why?
how come deku and bakugo can use 100% on their whole body without Eri? this isnt some super saiyan technique that can just be unlocked
and the other one for all users stopped the transferring? like really? that one of the biggest BS excuses ive ever heard. it would make much more sense if bakugo simply transferred the core back to deku

and thanks for spoiling us anime onlys that shigaraki can use multiple quirks from all for one. good to know that
overall really disappointed
Jul 10, 2020 8:40 AM

Oct 2017
Luchia said:
Zeroflamez said:

U havn't watched any good shounen anime it seems.
Jul 10, 2020 10:58 AM

May 2015
People are saying this is bad?? I absolutely love this movie and think its one of the best things in MHA. It was soo good. The villain and the buildup to the final fight with the teamwork and that final last part of the fight was amazing.

Im about to finally re-watch this since it came out in cinema back in February. Cant wait for the hype again.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 10, 2020 3:32 PM

Jul 2011
I enjoyed the movie. While it does have a fair share of problems, it did have a lot of things I enjoyed. All the characters had their moment to shine, whether it was small or big. The fights were good and the song Might Plus U, wow, only MHA could pull that off.

Yeah, the ending was a bit odd, but what anime movie hasn't done this before? Precure DX3 had almost the same kind of ending, and things just worked out in the end. So, it didn't bother me that much.
Jul 11, 2020 2:49 AM
Apr 2018
Sorry for my bad english.

I recommend that no one should read the reviews and episodes discussion on MAL and I am talking about every Anime, not only the MHA Movie. There are a lot of people that tries to find a little mistake and then start to complain.

Some people are talking that some animes are generic, cliche, pretty bad, etc by giving to almost every anime a <5, but they are the ones like that =)) because I had enough of seeing on every anime page only reviews of 1 to 5.

I just saw the movie and I can say that for me was amazing. It is true that it had some little plotholes, but the sound was beautiful and the animation was a masterpiece. People are not ok because Deku gave Bakugou OFA and was able to master it. Firstly, he has a good physique for it, and secondly the quirk was so powerful that it was nearly impossible to not master it.

After watching it, I went to MAL to rate it, and when I saw those generic, cliche, low reviews and all the people complaining, my mood was ruined...
Jul 11, 2020 2:57 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't watched this one but bnha movies and ovas are total trash, not like the original series isn't trash itself.
Jul 11, 2020 1:59 PM

Jan 2009
it definitely is better than the first movie for sure i love it personally

the asspull in the end is standard action show stuff too anyway like its a miracle like All Might said
Jul 11, 2020 2:32 PM
Jun 2016
I'm still watching the movie rn, I'm like halfway through it but I can safely say it is a huge pile of crap. My main issue with the film is how it spoils things about one for all and mentions plot points that haven't even been discussed in the anime yet, like with hawks. I'm luck that I read the manga up to date before watching it as I know that it would have ruined my experience with the manga and the anime post season 4. I would never recommend anyone to watch this film because of these reasons.
Jul 11, 2020 7:03 PM
Dec 2016
BestGirlYuri said:
I'm still watching the movie rn, I'm like halfway through it but I can safely say it is a huge pile of crap. My main issue with the film is how it spoils things about one for all and mentions plot points that haven't even been discussed in the anime yet, like with hawks. I'm luck that I read the manga up to date before watching it as I know that it would have ruined my experience with the manga and the anime post season 4. I would never recommend anyone to watch this film because of these reasons.

We were told in promotional material for months that this movie is set ahead of the anime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia the Movie 2: Heroes:Rising Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Dec 23, 2019

154 by animefan8800 »»
Dec 25, 2023 2:08 AM

» [Spoiler] Question PogChamp

CickNipolla - Jan 13, 2022

13 by SonoAltoComeLevi »»
Sep 19, 2023 12:44 PM

» This movie is full of plot holes[Spoilers]

MegamiRem - Jul 10, 2020

14 by removed-user »»
Aug 13, 2022 1:13 AM

» Do you prefer Nine's group or Shigaraki's?

Scordolo - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sol_Ou »»
Apr 11, 2022 5:02 PM

» what does 'A new visual has just been added for this spring/2021 anime" mean

NicoTheAllMighty - Feb 4, 2021

12 by Gammix »»
Oct 2, 2021 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.