Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 5, 2020 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sakura is adorable lol. I love her character chemistry with the others this episode.

That looks like a special kind of tea party for Nene. Very unique setting as I had expected from this adaptation. The only thing I'm bummed about is that they seemed to have skipped a volume (the Mermaid arc)
Mar 5, 2020 2:14 PM

Feb 2019
No comments and only 3 votes? I guess lots of people are having problems viewing it on the Funi app. Keeps giving an error message on PS4, but I got it working on my laptop.

Really like how the last 3-4 eps we've started switching away from the fun hearted slice of life episodic nature of the first few eps and transitioning to some really well written stories here. I'm really curious to learn more about Amane and his "twin" and their origin stories. Sakura is really cute too and I'm interested in learning more about her. What caused her to be indebted to the twin.

Was that a terminator reference behind that one door with the lava and the "I'll be back"? Lol.

Loved the Nene and Hanako moment at the end of the episode. I ship them so freaking much. They're adorable. Couldn't get enough of this with the once a week eps, so I picked up the manga last week and am enjoying it so far! Definitely wish more people were not sleeping on this.
Mar 5, 2020 2:29 PM

Sep 2017
Tsukasa drawing Mitsuba's face in blood after the ED omg... losing it

I didn't have problems watching the episode? I used my laptop, maybe other Funi apps are having issues
Mar 5, 2020 3:59 PM

Jan 2014
Sakura looked so stunning and beautiful in that dress.
Mar 5, 2020 5:32 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That end was heartwarming, Nene and Hanako are so cute
Mar 5, 2020 8:17 PM
Aug 2019
I really love seeing Tsukasa Sakura and Natsuhiko together. Uh oh Tsukasa after the ED drawing Mitsuba.

Mar 5, 2020 9:19 PM

Nov 2008
Geeze, what's Nene see in Natsuhiko? Hanako is SO MUCH CUTER than him....actually I think Natsuhiko's the least attractive boy on the show but everyone's like "He's so hot" pffffff how? I find him kind of annoying tbh.

Wonder what that key is for...o.o

Post credit scene was creepy af.

Marinate1016 said:

Was that a terminator reference behind that one door with the lava and the "I'll be back"? Lol.

IT ABSOLUTELY WAS. xD I loled too.

Definitely wish more people were not sleeping on this.

At the very least, ANN has noticed its greatness:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/this-week-in-anime/2020-03-05/.157174
ChiibiMar 5, 2020 9:22 PM

Mar 5, 2020 9:32 PM

Oct 2009
Hanako-san, Hanako-san... are you there? I just wanna say: STOP MAKING ME CRY, DAMMIT.
Is this gonna be a weekly thing now, then? Silliness and hilarity, and then That One Scene™ somewhere along the way that just - right in the feels.

On another note...

Hanako-kun's got quite the booty??
yellowheartrenMar 5, 2020 9:40 PM
Mar 5, 2020 11:43 PM
Apr 2018
Heartwarming episode especially the last part when Nene said "I'm back."

yellowheartren said:

On another note...

Hanako-kun's got quite the booty??

I guess it's just his gakuran jacket giving the effects.
LemonadeYou-kyanMar 5, 2020 11:48 PM
Mar 6, 2020 12:41 AM

Feb 2017
What a fun episode. The end was really sweet, too.

Also,
Mar 6, 2020 1:30 AM

Feb 2011
Stark700 said:
[b] The only thing I'm bummed about is that they seemed to have skipped a volume (the Mermaid arc)

Same here. By Hanako apologizing for the donuts, shows that have no interest in animating the Mermaid arc. But they still missing some dialogue that was important in that scene from the mermaid Arc

anyway back to the ep, I really love it. I really love how Tsukasa can be so childish to manipulated in an instance. The ending is adorable ( Hanako X Nene ). :3 Next ep
Mar 6, 2020 2:30 AM
Sep 2015
I want Natsuhiko to flirt with me too! I hope he doesn't mind my gender.

Now I can't choose between Natsuhiko and Kou... how about both... at the same time... on the floor!
Mar 6, 2020 3:09 AM

Oct 2017
Moral of the story: Nothing new but Nene is too freaking easy.

Lolz The terminator reference was hilarious and that post credit scene was freaky.
Mar 6, 2020 3:37 AM

Aug 2013
The ending with Hanako and Yashiro was sweet.

The post credit scene was creepy.

Mar 6, 2020 4:32 AM

Jun 2016
i really loved the ED Song , probably the best ED song for this season !!!
Mar 6, 2020 4:40 AM

Jan 2018
The ending was adorable.
Btw i wonder what'll happen to Natsuhiko now, how will that dude get out of there now xd
Mar 6, 2020 5:36 AM

Mar 2019
Yashiro meeting with Amane gives me Hawkeye Endgame vibes.
Mar 6, 2020 6:55 AM

Mar 2017
WHAT DID HE SAY?! I'm not gonna lie; I'm finding Tsukasa more and more terrifying with each episode. He's so fucking twisted and appears to have no emotion at all. He seems like the dictionary definition of a psycho!

I'm also ridiculously curious about what the key is for...

I really don't want to like Natsuhiko since he's with those 2 bastards but I couldn't help but warm up to him this episode. He's such a lovable idiot haha
Mar 6, 2020 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
Nene is close to getting her dreams of getting that relationship...but the guy (Hyuuga) kinda emits the vibe of a typical popular ikemen. Nevertheless, it's the first time she's known of the evil trio (Hyuuga and Sakura, much less of Hanako's twin brother Tsukasa).

And just like Nene, Sakura gave part of her life away with an Apparation. But the tea party is pretty much a trap that Tsukasa made for Nene.

I mean, the comedy is on Nene and Natsuhiko, but IMO it feels like a drag to go through.

And Hanako comes to the rescue again...except that Nene and Natsuhiko has to navigate their way out somehow through doors. This is where the comedy got good with the different door interpretations, especially the Arnold Schwarznegger skull lava, Mokke and monster-filled rooms. Welp, so much for showing off your manlihood-ness.

Nene took the correct course out, but saw the Hanako while he's still alive rather than the Apparation she knows now. What's the secret behind his backstory and the key?

Getting interesting with the build-up as always. And Tsukasa, as evil as he is and must be stopped, kinda wanna see how far he'd go with Sakura and Natsuhiko.
Mar 6, 2020 7:04 AM

May 2018
Ngl I thought Sakura would have had pink hair the first time I saw her
Mar 6, 2020 7:23 AM

Sep 2011
Tsukasa kidnapped Yashiro and tried to get rid of her... Sakura has no choice but to obey Tsukasa, and yet she said to Yashiro that they are in the same position, but I don't think so. Hanako doesn't ask Yashiro to do bad things. So, for now, I feel for Sakura. She seems collected, but she really doesn't seem to be the one in control. I wonder if she left Natsuhiko behind so he would look after Yashiro? Maybe she hoped that Hanako would notice what happened and manage to save her. I do wonder what happened with Natsuhiko after he was dragged like that by the way. lol Yashiro is really great though. xD I love how she tried to remain on guard, but failed to do so, and how she regretted, if only for a moment, not letting Natsuhiko kiss her. I felt that. lol A pity there was no Kou in this episode, but I guess it's fine. Hanako said that he is sorry for letting those donuts go to waste too. That was cute, but more importantly, Yashiro met Hanako as Amane in the past. I wonder what role that key is going to play. And Tsukasa is already plotting something bad again.
Mar 6, 2020 11:25 AM

Oct 2018
Maaan, I'm so happy that I found this anime, I love that plot!
Hanako and Yashiro are really cute together and I can't wait to see Tsukasa and his role in Amane's past.
Mar 6, 2020 2:52 PM

Mar 2014
Boy this anime is shaping up to be even more amazing than I thought. It's gonna be really interesting seeing Amane and Yashiro's interactions from the past.

Natsuhiko is way too funny lmao, I love how indifferent he was despite being in mortal danger ever since he was tied up in that chair and then opening various dangerous doors. His interactions with Yashiro were really entertaining. Also that Terminator reference!!
Mar 6, 2020 2:55 PM

Feb 2007
Today we learned that Hanako-kun has an ankle fetish.
Mar 6, 2020 2:59 PM
Jul 2016
I like Natsuhiko's :3 face. It's so smug and cheeky :3.
Mar 6, 2020 7:56 PM

Jul 2016
Sakura's "contract/bond" with Tsukasa has me quite intrigued, being honest. The way she talked with Nene gave me an impression that Tsukasa might actually be the one who control everything and not the other way round. I might be wrong but since he makes contracts with the death, I wonder if Sakura is actually some kind of spirit who made a contract with him and for that reason, she can't really oppose to his requests...

Anyways, leaving that aside, this was another nice episode. Seeing more of Sakura and Natsuhiko as well as their interactions with gothic lolita Nene was quite nice and of course, the last scene with Hanako apologizing for ruining the donuts was super sweet too.

Looking forward to next episode! Really wondering what role Amane's key will play.
Mar 6, 2020 8:05 PM
Oct 2016
Alot of manga reader got a bit upset as how some of the arcs is being skipped

As a fellow anime watcher, I will say give them a chances to Improved and maybe they will fix the rating

and let's not forget with the current outbreak, they tried their best to sustained the anime and they all did with whats the current budget being held.

I hope we will get the same thing as how Noragami season 2 got improved

*sry for sounding like an douche
Mar 6, 2020 8:47 PM
Sep 2017
Nene / Hanako hug and conversation at the end about the donuts was just too sweet! <3
Mar 7, 2020 1:50 AM

Dec 2014
hmm the little brother focus...nice episode
Mar 7, 2020 3:09 AM

Jul 2019
i hope this gets a second season with better budget so they could do some action too, i'd say the only flaw of this show right now is the lack of good action animation.
Mar 7, 2020 1:20 PM

Sep 2007
WAT!? Hell of Mirrors already!? That's like skipping 3 whole volumes!

Edit: So then, Hell of Mirrors is moved forwards quite a bit, then what. Ep 11 is gonna be the Clock Keepers? Maybe 12 too? And then end on Yashiro's big bombshell?
KingPinMar 7, 2020 1:36 PM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

MALoween 2023 Candies

MALoween 2022 Candies

Mar 7, 2020 2:23 PM

Dec 2016
SouthRzVa said:
Sakura's "contract/bond" with Tsukasa has me quite intrigued, being honest. The way she talked with Nene gave me an impression that Tsukasa might actually be the one who control everything and not the other way round. I might be wrong but since he makes contracts with the death, I wonder if Sakura is actually some kind of spirit who made a contract with him and for that reason, she can't really oppose to his requests...

Maybe when she was a spirit wished to be alive again and Tsukasa fulfilled her wish but with the twist

something like
Tsukasa - Sakura-chan, you are alive again! :D but now your life belongs to me. ;) :P

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 7, 2020 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
Geeze, what's Nene see in Natsuhiko? Hanako is SO MUCH CUTER than him....actually I think Natsuhiko's the least attractive boy on the show but everyone's like "He's so hot" pffffff how? I find him kind of annoying tbh.

I know, right? She seems to be in a very dumb teenage phase I've seen a few girls going through where they fall left and right for every guy. And two, years later they wonder, why they had been so dumb. I hope it doesn't take her so long to recognize that or never realizes that lol

The doors and rooms were fun tho, but when she has seen past-Hanako and the hug, aww! ❤
Mar 8, 2020 12:45 PM

Nov 2011
Damn man this anime gets better every week! i am surprised at how much I like it.

Hanako might be my favorite male character this season.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 8, 2020 6:43 PM
Apr 2019
Are they going to end with the Star Festival Arc? It seems they will adapting the Hell of Mirrors next, which will probably take 2 episodes. They skipped an important bit from the manga, so I don’t know how that would play out. This whole adaptation order is a bit wonky. Good episode, though.
Mar 8, 2020 7:29 PM

Mar 2019
SoraSenpai said:
Damn man this anime gets better every week! i am surprised at how much I like it.

Hanako might be my favorite male character this season.

I know right?! I feel the exact same way!

I'm liking this WAY more than I thought I would. Can't wait to pick up the manga.
Mar 9, 2020 2:42 AM

May 2015
a cena pós créditos foi...
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Mar 9, 2020 9:25 AM

Feb 2011
Blue_86 said:
Are they going to end with the Star Festival Arc? It seems they will adapting the Hell of Mirrors next, which will probably take 2 episodes. They skipped an important bit from the manga, so I don’t know how that would play out. .

Actually the hell of mirrors arc is going to be one episode since there is no part one on the title. How are they going to fit 6 chapters in one episode ? I just hope they end the season with manga source material and not an anime original ending ._..
maricelaMar 9, 2020 9:28 AM
Mar 9, 2020 11:32 AM
Apr 2019
BakaDorayaki said:
A cena pós-crédito foi mais creepy do que eu nunca achei que esse anime pudesse ser. Apesar de eu não ter gostado do episódio em geral

The post-credits scene was creepier than I have ever thought this show could be. Although I didn't like this episode overall
GrayGrayRainbowMar 9, 2020 11:35 AM
Mar 9, 2020 3:34 PM
Apr 2019
maricela said:
Blue_86 said:
Are they going to end with the Star Festival Arc? It seems they will adapting the Hell of Mirrors next, which will probably take 2 episodes. They skipped an important bit from the manga, so I don’t know how that would play out. .

Actually the hell of mirrors arc is going to be one episode since there is no part one on the title. How are they going to fit 6 chapters in one episode ? I just hope they end the season with manga source material and not an anime original ending ._..

Makes sense, but that’s a lot of content for one episode. Knowing them, they’ll probably adapt the Star Festival in one episode, if they adapt it at all. The Hell of Mirrors arc is kind long, so I hope they take 2 episodes on it. We’re only on episode 9, so 3 episodes should be enough for all of that. And yeah, I don’t want an anime original ending.
Mar 9, 2020 5:17 PM

Sep 2007
WAIT! Did we just stumble on something IMPORTANT?!
Did The fact that Nene appear in front of Amane (in the past) then end up taking the keys he dropped have something to do with him becoming "Hanako-kun"?? Oh gawd that would be ULTIMATELY CUTE if true.

And a slight rip-off of Kamisama Kiss but personally I don't really mind if so...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 9, 2020 9:50 PM

Sep 2018
Amane T--------T I got teary eye when Amane hug Nene!! I want Nene to help Amane (baby Amane in the past)
Mar 10, 2020 2:13 AM

May 2015
RainbowWizard said:
BakaDorayaki said:
A cena pós-crédito foi mais creepy do que eu nunca achei que esse anime pudesse ser. Apesar de eu não ter gostado do episódio em geral

The post-credits scene was creepier than I have ever thought this show could be. Although I didn't like this episode overall

sameeeeeeeeeeee
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Mar 22, 2020 10:30 AM

Apr 2011
I really like this episode. Can't believe that Nene met Hanako-kun in the past. I wonder if that key is gonna be relevant in the future.

Tsukasa is creepy and scary imo.

Apr 4, 2020 3:28 AM

Aug 2017
This episode was very boring and everything would have been avoided if Hanako-kun had prevented Nene from being captured in the first place.

But its ok nvm.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 9, 2020 10:49 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
My heart hurting in a different way compared to the last ep. Hanako must have been so worried. My whole ass heart.
I wonder if Nene is the reason why he changed his future. Literally has the key to his heart. Also I'm not sure but wans't the date, a day or two before he dies? (Or a day or two before the moon landing, which is when he's confirmed to still be alive?) Maybe he kills his brother after getting locked out the house? Lol
I'm still upset that Hanako didn't eat the donuts... unless he's a ghost that can't eat things and they've kindly avoided the topic.
Apr 16, 2020 7:50 AM

Nov 2018
These doors leading to different places reminded me of Monsters, Inc cartoon.
I hate everyone equally
May 7, 2020 12:55 AM

Jul 2015
Tsukasa's trio really seems like the evil counterpart but with fancier headquarters and even a teaparty!?! damn hanako only got a bathroom
The door dimension really reminded me of Monsters Inc

Rip Natsuhiko-senpai, your death will not be in vain

May 12, 2020 7:24 AM

Jun 2017
That lava scene though! A reference to Terminator 2!!🤩🤩

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 26, 2020 1:05 PM

Feb 2012
The moment Hanako said it's nowhere and connect the future and past, i Saw that coming.
A very weak episode overall for me.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

124 by Inacio0101 »»
Apr 21, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Does the recently Aired spin off covered the missing parts of manga ? Or different story

chukesh007 - Jan 29

3 by emirw »»
Jan 30, 4:36 PM

» Can i get a song list

dicloflom - Dec 28, 2023

7 by dicloflom »»
Jan 12, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

139 by luviendsol »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

54 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 12:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.