Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2020 1:20 PM

Feb 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And now we finally got the full story behind the Blue Night
Mar 7, 2020 2:40 PM

Dec 2015
I think I'll need to reread everything from the beginning in order to evaluate the blue night backstory, somehow it left me underwhelmed and even though so many things were just as they had been hinted at in prior chapters, I couldn't really surpress the feeling that a lot was also retconned and somehow especially Shiro's characterization has undergone quite a lot of changes for me (but left more of a bitter taste).
I wonder if Shiemi's grandmother was the retired Grigori?
Mar 7, 2020 2:47 PM

Dec 2015
I forgot to mention that I really loved the panel in which we see Shima's father grieving with his whole being, desperately clasping at Takezou's corpse.
I'm really grateful that Kato expanded on that after all.
Mar 8, 2020 4:09 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Good news is we are officially at the end (https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/mangaka-musings-03-08-2020). I really want the story to move forward.

Jacksnapp said:
I think I'll need to reread everything from the beginning in order to evaluate the blue night backstory, somehow it left me underwhelmed and even though so many things were just as they had been hinted at in prior chapters, I couldn't really surpress the feeling that a lot was also retconned and somehow especially Shiro's characterization has undergone quite a lot of changes for me (but left more of a bitter taste).
I wonder if Shiemi's grandmother was the retired Grigori?

Same I need to reread this arc too. Maybe the last one too so I can remember what's been happening in "present" time. I'm also assume that Grigori was Shimei's grandma. They look similar and that's the connection I made.
Mar 18, 2020 11:13 PM

May 2014
Now that we have seen the full story of the Blue Night, I wonder what Rin will do. This is going to be interesting.
Mar 29, 2020 3:22 AM

May 2016
I've had this manga on hold since 2011. Since then I've finished high school, University and been working for a couple of years. Needles to say, didn't have much free time. This quarantine pushed me to revisit some of my old hobbies. Ao no exorcist wasn't a huge thing when I stopped reading it but I'm happy I picked it up at this point. In about a day or two I read the whole thing from ch30. I really enjoyed these last chapters. It's not the best manga I ever read but it got me excited and brought me back to my teens šŸ˜Š. I get that the pacing might be off if you read it monthly. This is a major reason I gave up on a lot of manga I loved.
Apr 10, 2020 5:48 AM
Aug 2018
I'm having a hard time remembering the names and faces of every character.

Anyone has any idea of who's the man at the end the chapter? His face is somewhat visible, but I can't match anyone to it. Also, I think I saw some leaves on his coat in one of the panels, and branches crushing a person's head, so someone related to the Grigori/Shiemi?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Chapter 145 Discussion

zombiewarrior88 - Nov 3, 2023

2 by landofthekwt »»
Apr 8, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Chapter 149 Discussion

GrandstarKai - Apr 3

2 by zombiewarrior88 »»
Apr 3, 12:32 PM

» havent read the manga properly and now i have questions?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 23

1 by StarZone1 »»
Mar 24, 5:19 AM

» havent read the manga properly and now i have questions?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 23

1 by L1ssv_ »»
Mar 23, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Chapter 148 Discussion

jonnjonzz - Feb 1

4 by Ittan_Momen »»
Feb 6, 11:49 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.