Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Plunderer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 8, 2020 10:10 AM
Nov 2018
Now I have caught up. I like this show, despite the absurdity in the points system - but that can be explained with gods or other overlords. But the worst absurdity is changing human nature, in that the girl travels for five years without ever asking anyone about the numbers on her and everyone else's bodies. And her mother never told her this little tidbit of information that can kill you if you don't watch out. Or could turn you into someone else's slave.

Anyway, it's enjoyable because of all the comedy. You have to see it for what it is.

I think the Abyss looks like a hellish dimension that captured technology from the modern human world and uses it against this fantasy world. Maybe they do the same in the other direction. Alternately, it's a way for the human world to reach the fantasy world, but that wouldn't explain why the pilot would be unwilling to fight. Surely they could get other pilots.

The ban on fighting the black hands from the Abyss could be because the government doesn't want to antagonize the enemy. It seems there was a war with the Abyss that ended in a treaty. That could also be the reason for the ban on inventing airplanes: They are not allowed to approach a higher technological level that could be used against the Abyss.

The treaty with the Abyss could also say the Abyss gets to capture humans, but only through the convoluted points system. Truly a hellish move.
Mar 9, 2020 1:44 AM
Aug 2016
That was quite the explosion of questions, wasn’t it? Guns and tech now! So now we have multiple aces and a lot of background information we need to find out. Exciting!
Mar 10, 2020 3:01 AM

May 2019
This got serious. I like the dual personality trope.

There were a few plot holes, like Licht hovering with Sonohara, and Hina somehow not dying during the bullet storm all around her with nana, but I guess you could say Sonohara did that on purpose.

I am hyped for the next ep, though

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Mar 11, 2020 7:01 AM

Apr 2015
thepath said:
zyke said:
A bit of ecchi is fine, but in this show, its not ecchi, its just sexual molestation/rapey vibes which are pretty disturbing considering japanese culture of harassing women.

It is only disturbing for you and SJW people. The "sexual molestation" did not disturb me at all. I would not even call it sexual molestation when litch and girls have special relation (and the girls themselves don't care about it).

Also, I don't see anything relevance between sexual molestation in anime and japanese culture of harassing women. If you want to fight against harassment then you should fight against it in real life not fictional show which does not effect anyone.
If it doesnt bother you its because youre a typical incel who has no idea how to act around other humans. And what "special relation" could you possibly have with someone you meet and molest on first seconds? (referring to first episode)

And really, the disturbing part is the fact that the author thought it would be good idea to make the main character appear like a rapist.

Mar 11, 2020 7:47 AM

May 2012
zyke said:

If it doesnt bother you its because youre a typical incel who has no idea how to act around other humans. And what "special relation" could you possibly have with someone you meet and molest on first seconds? (referring to first episode)

I know a lot of AMerican in the internet who enjoy murder and violent shows/games. But when it comes to any kind of sexual thing (even if is soft/joke molestation like in this show) they make huge deal out of it even though it fictional show. Some people might enjoy these "molestation" jokes just like any of the killing. It just a show, no need to make a big deal over anything sexual. Just get over it.
Mar 11, 2020 6:18 PM

Apr 2015
thepath said:
zyke said:

I know a lot of AMerican in the internet who enjoy murder and violent shows/games. But when it comes to any kind of sexual thing (even if is soft/joke molestation like in this show) they make huge deal out of it even though it fictional show. Some people might enjoy these "molestation" jokes just like any of the killing. It just a show, no need to make a big deal over anything sexual. Just get over it.
Oh I dont mind if theres rape, murder, necrophilia or molestation. Thats perfectly fine depicting them as they really are.

This however is depicting sexual harrasment as if it was all fun and games.

Mar 17, 2020 6:49 PM

Feb 2018
Another red Baron??
Mar 27, 2020 2:54 AM

Feb 2015
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
JZA said:
really enjoyed the twist althought not sure who was in the chopper.

This image will answer your question:

Except it didnt... not sure who she is.
"Miharu denki desu"
Mar 27, 2020 4:46 AM

Jul 2016
JZA said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

This image will answer your question:

Except it didnt... not sure who she is.

If you're asking about her identity, well there's nothing I can say since she is just some random child who only appeared once in the series. At best, I can only say she came from the Abyss (Which the episode already explained it).
MahiaErebeaNegiMar 27, 2020 4:49 AM
Apr 19, 2020 10:57 AM

Dec 2016
This episode is soo messed up x_x Why is a child held hostage!? That was very cruel! Just how dark can this get?

It seems Licht is holding more secrets... Just what more are you hidding from everyone??

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 21, 2020 5:28 PM
Apr 2020
My only complaint is, how can he move at the speed of sound, or faster i cant remember which was stated when he fought Jail that first time. But how can he not take out the helicopter before the hands show up.. I always hate how the power systems never stay the same just to build suspense..
May 22, 2020 6:05 AM

Feb 2018
Went from 0 to 100 real fucking quick
Jun 23, 2020 8:43 PM

Feb 2012
So basically Licht and that girl were isekaed ?
Since the helicopter came from the abyss, wouldn't that mean that the abyss is our modern world ? or at least a way to travel between worlds.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jul 19, 2020 4:32 AM

Jul 2015
Didn't think the helicopter would affect everyone's eyesight that bad, truly a cursed thing from the abyss
First an attack helicopter and now a crazy messed up chick with some advanced (compared to the world) weapons, what's next Licht not made out of pudding?

Feb 15, 2021 6:10 PM

Dec 2012
WHAT THE FUCK
THAT NAME DROP THOUGH

Mar 10, 2021 10:40 PM
Sep 2020
So far, eps 9 is the best in my opinion compared to the previous eps

There is a lot of excitement going on, it seems like this eps made me more interested in this anime
May 5, 2021 3:53 PM
May 2019
Did anyone else think the protagonist reminded them of Vash the Stampede or Rurouni Kenshin? Kind of a classic character troupe.
May 15, 2021 9:40 AM

Aug 2017
Why u can't attack those hands? If u do that they condemn you to death but nothing happens if we pretend that we don't know we're attacking.

Well, a crazy bitch named Sonohara appeared and killed almost everyone. It's funny because two episodes ago they were having a cooking and drinking competition. Now we get a killing spree lmao
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 3, 2022 8:19 AM

Apr 2013
So... I guess this is where this show turns so shit, huh?
Dec 3, 2022 6:43 PM
Dec 2022
Ótimo demais adorei o epepisodio
Feb 13, 2023 7:45 AM
Feb 2019
What the heck is here in only 9 episodes??? So many new things and that non-stop escalation

May 1, 2023 1:06 PM
Dec 2017
melhor episódio ate agora
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Such squandered potential.

LemonadeSamurai - Mar 5

20 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Mar 26, 6:40 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

43 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

85 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

195 by yourfav_r »»
Jan 10, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2020

63 by vhowl »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.