Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Tonikaku Kawaii' Gets TV Anime Adaptation in Fall 2020

New
Mar 4, 2020 1:32 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Publishing company Shogakukan announced a television anime adaptation of Kenjirou Hata's Tonikaku Kawaii (Fly Me to The Moon) manga on Wednesday. The anime series is scheduled for an October 2020 premiere. Hata drew an illustration to commemorate the announcement (pictured).

Synopsis
Having grown up ridiculed for his bizarre name, Nasa Yuzaki strives to be remembered for something more. Fortunately, it seems he's on the right path, ranking first in the nation's mock exams and set to enter his high school of choice.

However, everything changes in a single night when he notices a girl across the street on his way home. Enraptured by her overwhelming cuteness, it's love at first sight for Nasa. But in his infatuated daze, he fails to notice the approaching danger speeding down the road and finds himself at death's door. Barely alive thanks to the girl's intervention, Nasa musters the courage to confess his love to her, fearing she might otherwise vanish from his life. She accepts his proposal on one condition: marriage, to which Nasa gladly accepts before passing out from his injuries. Upon waking, however, the girl is nowhere to be found.

After recovering from his injuries, Nasa tosses his previous ambitions aside and dedicates his life to finding the girl that captured his heart, yet several years pass to no avail. But one night, when an unexpected visitor comes knocking on his door, Nasa finds himself facing a woman that would forever change his world: his wife. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Hata began drawing the romantic comedy manga in Shounen Sunday in February 2018, approximately ten months after ending Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate The Combat Butler) in the same magazine. Shogakukan published the ninth volume on January 17, with the tenth volume planned for a March 18 release. Tonikaku Kawaii has a cumulative 1.2 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English last month and lists the first volume for a September 2020 release.

Tonikaku Kawaii ranked among the top 20 manga in the 5th Tsugi ni Kuru Manga Taisho, a joint award by Kadokawa's Da Vinci literature magazine and streaming platform Niconico.

Official site: http://tonikawa.com/anime/
Official Twitter: @tonikawa_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Tonikaku Kawaii on MAL
VindstotMar 4, 2020 10:24 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 4, 2020 1:39 AM

Oct 2014
The most wholesome rom-com manga gets adapted, about time.
Mar 4, 2020 2:00 AM
Jul 2018
More obnoxious title translations! I need more!
Mar 4, 2020 2:02 AM

Jul 2014
The rationale behind the proposal laid out in the synopsis sounds completely ridiculous, but besides that this sounds like it could be pretty good. I'll certainly give it a look, at least.
Mar 4, 2020 2:37 AM
Oct 2018
Seen a few chapters of the manga and its actually pretty nice will give the anime a try
Mar 4, 2020 2:37 AM
Oct 2018
Seen a few chapters of the manga and its actually pretty nice will give the anime a try
Mar 4, 2020 2:49 AM

Mar 2012
Fluff overlord have come and descend to us. All hail fluff overlord.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 4, 2020 2:51 AM

Jul 2014
HA! I knew this was an inevitable adaptation! this here is peak wholesomeness! that or its Hata just flexing his marriage life, either way this is gonna be exciting! wonder who the seiyuu cast will be.
Mar 4, 2020 3:01 AM

Oct 2015
NeoAnkara said:

This ,amen my friend .

Best pure rom-com out there
Mar 4, 2020 3:09 AM

Jul 2017
LET'S GOOOO YASSS ma boiz n gals! One of my most favourite manga pure rom-com series that truly speaks volumes that I can't stop singing praises about it :)

Shayon said:
The most wholesome rom-com manga gets adapted, about time.
YEA, ABOUT TIME!

Atavistic said:
The rationale behind the proposal laid out in the synopsis sounds completely ridiculous, but besides that this sounds like it could be pretty good. I'll certainly give it a look, at least.

Give the manga a try, and I promise, once you read a few chapters, you'll never want to stop.

Prog_upworks13 said:
NeoAnkara said:

This ,amen my friend .

Best pure rom-com out there

Enlighten us to the most purest and vanilla of relationships *angelic chimes*

-Stray said:
HA! I knew this was an inevitable adaptation! this here is peak wholesomeness! that or its Hata just flexing his marriage life, either way this is gonna be exciting! wonder who the seiyuu cast will be.

Been waiting for this A LONGGGG TIME! Kinda also wanna know the seiyuu cast, this'll sure be interesting!
Mar 4, 2020 3:30 AM
Aug 2018
This I'm excited for and man Fall 2020 is looking very good omg
Mar 4, 2020 3:35 AM
May 2016
Is this harem manga?
Mar 4, 2020 3:40 AM

Dec 2012
ninka22 said:
Is this harem manga?

No, it's just about the main couple. No love triangles or harem here.
Mar 4, 2020 3:47 AM
May 2016
El-Random said:
ninka22 said:
Is this harem manga?

No, it's just about the main couple. No love triangles or harem here.

Thank you. We need more romance animes without stupid harems. Looking forward for this.
Mar 4, 2020 4:34 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Wow that was fast. It only took 101 chapters.
Mar 4, 2020 4:43 AM

Oct 2018
plan to read the manga...ok nevermind
Mar 4, 2020 5:02 AM

Jul 2019
They say the manga is very good, hopefully the anime doesn't lose that quality.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Mar 4, 2020 5:09 AM

Jun 2014
Meanwhile: Where the fuck is that god damn Komi-san anime, Shonen Sunday?
:3
Mar 4, 2020 5:26 AM

Jan 2020
Can’t wait to watch this! Just read a couple of chapters of the manga a while ago and now it gets adapted into an anime. Hope it’ll be as good as the manga.
Mar 4, 2020 5:36 AM

Jun 2012
I really love this and.....

When's the new season of Hayate? XD
Mar 4, 2020 5:57 AM
Dec 2013
Knew this would get an anime someday. Read 43 chapters of it so far, and it's pretty good. Apparently, it's considered to be better than Hayate no Gotoku. Wonder what studio is doing it.
wildhoodMar 4, 2020 10:05 AM
Mar 4, 2020 6:13 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Pretty excited for this one! Not only is it adorable, but it's also pretty funny. Especially the narrations XD
Mar 4, 2020 6:17 AM

Nov 2014
That sounds great. Somehow I even have manga on my PTR already lol
Mar 4, 2020 6:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Quite the interesting synopsis right there (totally my thing, yeah!) and the positive feedback to the announcement is really pleasing to see.

Looking forward to more info on this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 4, 2020 6:39 AM

Oct 2015
Been reading it pretty much since it started, one of the best ongoing rom-coms, really happy that it finnaly gets it well deserved anime adaptation, cant wait for it to air :)
Mar 4, 2020 7:43 AM

Nov 2007
OMG! OMG! This is such a good news! Tsukasa <3

One of the most cute manga I have read. Nasa and Tsukasa is the best couple ever. Tsukasa is everything that makes her such an adorable and interesting heroine.

Well, she is modelled after Hinagiku after all!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 4, 2020 7:51 AM

Sep 2011
I've heard of ton of people talk about how this is a total redemption from the author's previous work

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 4, 2020 7:53 AM

Mar 2012
JizzyHitler said:
I've heard of ton of people talk about how this is a total redemption from the author's previous work
It's not like Hayate ended badly though. It's just that it could have better ending.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 4, 2020 8:11 AM

Nov 2007
NeoAnkara said:
JizzyHitler said:
It's not like Hayate ended badly though. It's just that it could have better ending.

I was in love with [Hinagiku] but I never thought it was a bad ending. In fact I accepted it as is. I think the deserving girl won in the end.

Maybe there will be stories coming out with [Miku](5tb) or [Mafuyu](bokuben) as the main heroines down the line with just wholesome romance?
Coronavirus.
Mar 4, 2020 8:14 AM

Mar 2012
shanimebib said:
NeoAnkara said:

I was in love with [Hinagiku] but I never thought it was a bad ending. In fact I accepted it as is. I think the deserving girl won in the end.

Maybe there will be stories coming out with [Miku](5tb) or [Mafuyu](bokuben) as the main heroines down the line with just wholesome romance?
I'm personally fine with it though. It just that Hata like to throw a curveball that we are at lost when he just went straight in the end.
Mar 4, 2020 8:15 AM

Nov 2019
Now this is the fluff I need
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Mar 4, 2020 8:41 AM
Apr 2016
ysphyr said:

I read the first two paragraphs and fainted for a fraction of existence. And then you made me read the title and now I am utterly disgusted.
Re:formed
Mar 4, 2020 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
The synopsis made my brain blow up a lot.

With that said, this is... rather intriguing and it sounds pretty fun.
Mar 4, 2020 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
_MushiRock11_ said:
Quite the interesting synopsis right there (totally my thing, yeah!) and the positive feedback to the announcement is really pleasing to see.

One of the most pleasing fanbases around. No complaints whatsoever because Tsukasa and Nasa are genuinely way to adorable as characters and practically impossible to find fault in them.

It's one of the most wholesome romance stories ever. I never thought we would ever get an anime of a married couple like them. Now, if only we had Giji Harem animated.
Coronavirus.
Mar 4, 2020 8:59 AM
Dec 2018
This is What I am wating For this long.
Mar 4, 2020 9:56 AM

Oct 2013
I'm happy but I just pray to the Gods of anime it'll be done by J.C. STAFF

I don't want another situation like with Hayate's first, third and forth seasons where the studios don't adapt the material correctly
But at least Manglobe went bankrupt so no risk of them picking it up so don't need to be scared of that
Mar 4, 2020 10:09 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Really happy to hear this. The manga is really cute and nice.
Mar 4, 2020 10:17 AM

Jun 2019
I feel like this will be popular due to how wholesome it is, but I also think people might get annoyed that the married couple remain shy of one another for so long.
Mar 4, 2020 10:53 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
One of the most pleasing fanbases around. No complaints whatsoever because Tsukasa and Nasa are genuinely way to adorable as characters and practically impossible to find fault in them.

It's one of the most wholesome romance stories ever. I never thought we would ever get an anime of a married couple like them. Now, if only we had Giji Harem animated.

Oh, that's good to hear. Definitely more excited now! Thanks for the magic charm, as always lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 4, 2020 11:15 AM

Jul 2015
the kind of pure love stories i adore

to my ptw
Mar 4, 2020 11:51 AM

Nov 2017
wow already airing in october? that's quick!

plz @ me
Mar 4, 2020 12:20 PM

Jul 2017
woooooooo finalllllly. It feels like ages since we've gotten a good romance story with pure wholesomeness.

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad of an adaptation as Senryuu Shoujo was though

shanimebib said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

each chapter is like 4 pages and they're not even long lol. If there was an adaptation it'd be like 5 min eps lmao
Mar 4, 2020 12:24 PM

Aug 2016
Don´t get the fuzz towards this manga. I like romcoms, but this one bored me in less than a volume. And now it´s getting an adaptation *yikes* Maybe some good production values will make it easier to enjoy.
MichaelJacksonMar 4, 2020 12:30 PM
:v
Mar 4, 2020 12:43 PM

Nov 2007
tragedydesu said:

to my ptw

Oh, I can guarantee that you'll love it. They share tons of lovey dovey moments. But get super embarrassed when they are in front of family and friends. Tons of hand holding, snuggling up to each other, pecks on the cheek. This is so wholesome!

Of course there is this [little sister (of Tsukasa)] who doesn't want her [beloved elder sister] taken but she is quite reasonable as well.

And you should really read Giji Harem. RinRin is one of the cutest waifus ever. She is so caring and loving yet super shy. So, underrated/under-read.

@Short_Circut: I am okay with 5 mins shorts as well. It has 80+ chapters. So, it's actually enough for a 12 episodes half length anime (like Senryuu Shoujo) no?

@_MushiRock11_: Always ready to help you find good stuff!
Coronavirus.
Mar 4, 2020 1:36 PM

Jul 2017
shanimebib said:
tragedydesu said:

to my ptw

Oh, I can guarantee that you'll love it. They share tons of lovey dovey moments. But get super embarrassed when they are in front of family and friends. Tons of hand holding, snuggling up to each other, pecks on the cheek. This is so wholesome!

Of course there is this [little sister (of Tsukasa)] who doesn't want her [beloved elder sister] taken but she is quite reasonable as well.

And you should really read Giji Harem. RinRin is one of the cutest waifus ever. She is so caring and loving yet super shy. So, underrated/under-read.

@Short_Circut: I am okay with 5 mins shorts as well. It has 80+ chapters. So, it's actually enough for a 12 episodes half length anime (like Senryuu Shoujo) no?

@_MushiRock11_: Always ready to help you find good stuff!

yea maybe so lol. It might end up being like Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara which I don't think I'd actually mind tbh. It already had a voice comic with Saori Hayami (Rin) and Nobuhiko Okamoto (senpai) so the VA's are already set :P
Mar 4, 2020 2:56 PM

Sep 2009
They must have Masumi Asano in the cast ).
Mar 4, 2020 3:46 PM

Mar 2015
ysphyr said:

it's not even translation, it's literally sub tittle author want. this is the first japanese volume.

probably because it has to do with
legend.

anyway, this series is HATA flexing on his idol wife. FUCK him. the series still cute tho ngl. 10/10.
KumaMar 4, 2020 3:49 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 4, 2020 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
Kuma said:
ysphyr said:

it's not even translation, it's literally sub tittle author want. this is the first japanese volume.

probably because it has to do with
legend.

anyway, this series is HATA flexing on his idol wife. FUCK him. the series still cute tho ngl. 10/10.

Ahh, I see. I didn’t know that. Now I want to watch it even less.
Mar 5, 2020 2:29 AM

Oct 2014
MichaelJackson said:
Don´t get the fuzz towards this manga. I like romcoms, but this one bored me in less than a volume.

For one reason, this is different from the usual rom-com where all the characters are in highschool and all they do is blush around each other.
From my experience, rom-coms tend to be mostly made up of generic comedy moments with very little actual romance, not to mention the love triangles and harems.

Here we have something very different, a fun, but mostly fluff series about a married couple
Mar 5, 2020 3:44 AM

Jul 2015
@shanimebib
i really hate reading publishing manga :/
i mean how can people stand waiting months only to read few chapters

the only decent finished manga this year (until now) is The Quintessential Quintuplets
and i didn't read it for obvious reasons
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by deg »»
21 minutes ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

22 by ZXEAN »»
10 hours ago

» Musician wowaka Dies

Sakana-san - Apr 9, 2019

34 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
Yesterday, 3:59 PM

» Manga 'Medalist' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - May 17, 2023

55 by Adizcool »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.