Forum Settings
Forums
ACCA 13-Territory Inspection Department
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2020 9:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They're back and this honestly feels like a breath of fresh air again. Seeing guys like Jean again in their society is really freshing. His personality is still relatively the same as I remember.

Lotta also returned and she's still sweet as ever. Ofc, she doesn't want to be treated like a kid. Honestly, this OVA episode felt like a mini movie with the content and visul chereography. I love how they animated the various districts like the Birra district.
Mar 3, 2020 3:20 PM

Apr 2015
I loved the OVA, it was good to see the characters again and some mystery too. I wish it was longer.
Mar 3, 2020 7:17 PM
Apr 2017
yeah, it's nice to see the cast again. I like how Lotta's hair animated near the end, it bounce around with her every movement. Looks like a lot of care is put on our girl <3

I wonder tho, why some people called Nino as Ninox?
Mar 4, 2020 7:16 AM

Aug 2015
everything's still pretty chill and jean's got a pretty capable partner now

ACCA's universe is still as immersive as ever xd
Mar 4, 2020 9:36 AM

Dec 2015
It was really nice to see the series again.

The only thing I didn't really get is what Mauve was saying to Jean towards the end.
It's not the Slates that is essential to people. What we need is...
Well...
A small table to share a meal... That's more than enough.

That's my conclusion. The answer I've reached as the Silver King.
Mar 4, 2020 5:37 PM
May 2015
Silver-King said:
The only thing I didn't really get is what Mauve was saying to Jean towards the end.

She's definitely implying that he's going to get either a new position at ACCA, or something in the monarchy, and I'd wager it's the latter.

On another note, Nino and Jean are sooooo soulmates in this. I love it.

And the story just seemed to be so nicely wrapped up by the end, but also leaving the possibility of more in the future. I wouldn't mind visiting these characters again.
Mar 4, 2020 10:35 PM

Mar 2012
"What were we thinking about back in the day?"

That question and Lotta worrying over her future took me back to those days of wondering what in the world I was going to do after graduating. And when Jean and Nino were sharing a drink reminiscing those days of yore and where they currently were, I was right there with them. At this point, my "blurb and life are a work in progress."

Really appreciated the lighting and framing throughout the OVA. It made for a mellow, nostalgic atmosphere especially during the reminiscing and advice-giving scenes.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Mar 5, 2020 2:50 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
There's nothing that can match ACCA's reflective atmosphere and direction. The OVA reminded me of why I loved the series in the first place. Also, bless Studio Pablo's backgrounds.

It was 47 minutes, but it didn't feel like that at all, despite the slow pacing. I love the theme of trusting and believing in the younger generation, it was well done. Lotta struggling to find what she wants to do in the future is incredibly relatable, as I'm still on the same boat. The scene where Niino and the teacher were talking was so beautiful, I actually shed a few tears. Almost everyone goes through the same insecurity about their future, and sometimes, they're like Niino. They'll find something else after what they initially started with, and that's okay. It means that your path isn't set in stone :)
Mar 26, 2020 12:28 PM

Sep 2017
Really nice OVA, the atmosphere was so lovely.

Apr 2, 2020 1:48 PM

Feb 2016
...It was even more satisfying than the anime's end was... I felt like a part of my life was ending in the best manner it could and couldn't resist to cry at the very end.

Goodbye ACCA.
Apr 17, 2020 6:32 AM

Jul 2010
is manga finish like this? if it is not after watching anime and ova which chapter of manga continue?
Apr 17, 2020 10:19 PM
Jul 2017
I really missed these characters and it was really nice seeing them all again after 3 years. As always, I’m still loving that chill atmosphere and colorful art style this show has. It’s candy for my eyes.
Jun 2, 2020 1:05 AM

Apr 2017
Was there any meaning for creating this OVA? I don't think it progressed the plot at all.
Jul 28, 2020 3:36 PM
Dec 2018
coldblueeyes said:
Silver-King said:

She's definitely implying that he's going to get either a new position at ACCA, or something in the monarchy, and I'd wager it's the latter.

On another note, Nino and Jean are sooooo soulmates in this. I love it.

And the story just seemed to be so nicely wrapped up by the end, but also leaving the possibility of more in the future. I wouldn't mind visiting these characters again.

I Thought maeve said like she is considering jean as potential lover or something?
Aug 13, 2020 2:29 PM

Jun 2014
This was literally worthless, and on a visual level it was a downgrade compared to season one, but at the same time this shit had a theatrical release? Now this was the definition of a quick soulless cash-grab.

1/10
:3
Aug 22, 2020 11:10 AM

Jul 2015
Pleasantly suprised to see this special 3 years after the series ended and showing somewhat the aftermath of the whole coup d'etat ordeal. The new ACCA guy looks promising with his analytical skills even though he was wrong on Furuwau planning something.

Sep 4, 2020 7:14 PM

Feb 2020
I thought the original series had a very satisfying and good wrap up.... Are we going to get a continuation that builds on this? I know the manga is over, but it seems like this is a weird place for there to be no story after.
Please sign up for MangAlert! It's a little project I made that I'd really like to see the light of day and some users.

MangAlert! (please sign up!)
GitHub Repo (please star!)
Oct 28, 2020 3:18 PM

Aug 2014
I didn't understand the comment Mauve made at the end. Can someone explain?

"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 10, 2020 6:41 PM
Nov 2019
Loved the main show (10/10). This felt really loose and unnecessary- the plots, such as they were, were completely puff. I thought they might take the time to resolve things with the antagonist a bit more, but they really didn't. That, plus no more Magie/Shwann/Rail meant a large chunk of what I had enjoyed in the show was missing here. 6/10 at best.
Jan 21, 2021 1:03 AM

Sep 2009
like, without anyone spoiling anything; I'm curious about where does this fit into the manga? (if someone knows, is there more?) Does this finish the story? is there more to it? can we get season 2? I'd be into it :)

Check out~ ♥ Some quality AMV:s made with love ♥ My Youtube
Feb 19, 2021 11:20 PM

Feb 2014
Watched the main series 4 years ago so had absolutely no clue what was going on anymore, still enjoyed none the less. Almost felt like a standalone OVA for me

Mar 3, 2021 1:58 PM

Jul 2019
I thought this was good, although people expecting some type of continuation or explaination for things unanswered in the original series will be very much disappointed, this OVA really just tries captures the atmosphere of the original show with the same characters so you have some type of a nostalgic feeling that, in my opinion, does wonderfully. Oh and ryo takahashi is still the most underrated composer in anime.
The production was great in this one, the direction in particular was phenomenal, great job by keiichiro saito, that man has a great future. The animation was also far stronger than the original series, a lot of the characters moved and it all felt pretty natural, great job by the staff. The biggest upgrade in my opinion was actually the photography (as in the compositing), a lot of really nice lighting, great job by Akane Fushihara, she is really becoming one of the best photography directors in the industry, her work on boogiepop and some pvs she did on 2020 were extremely pleasing.
alpha_shadow said:
and on a visual level it was a downgrade compared to season one
This is 100% wrong.
VP2003boiMar 3, 2021 2:02 PM
May 23, 2021 1:37 AM

Mar 2008
Statchana said:
like, without anyone spoiling anything; I'm curious about where does this fit into the manga? (if someone knows, is there more?) Does this finish the story? is there more to it? can we get season 2? I'd be into it :)

The original TV series covered all of the manga, while this OVA covers a bit of what was in the follow up/side story PS. I'd definitely recommend reading it. It gives some backstory on the five chiefs just before they became the five chiefs, and also covers how things are 1 year after the events of the manga/show.
RPWPA said:
I didn't understand the comment Mauve made at the end. Can someone explain?

coldblueeyes said:
Silver-King said:

Spoilers for the follow up manga
linushMay 23, 2021 1:27 PM
Mar 30, 2022 2:43 AM

Oct 2019
alpha_shadow said:
This was literally worthless, and on a visual level it was a downgrade compared to season one, but at the same time this shit had a theatrical release? Now this was the definition of a quick soulless cash-grab.

1/10

why would they make a cash grab for a series that was not even close to being popular?

at least call it fanservice lol
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 15, 2022 9:36 PM

Feb 2015
As a sequel I really think it doesn’t add much, but I really enjoyed so much watching it that I would recommend it. The animation is beautiful and not much happened, it just happens very slow, but somehow the scenes are enjoyable, and I don’t get bored of hearing some intelligent conversations about the future, in the end it really got me thinking about myself HAHAHAHA.

More topics from this board

» Where can I watch this though?

CorkMars - Feb 15, 2020

5 by Icha-kun »»
Jul 3, 2020 11:27 PM

» It's out on Crunchyroll

Kamiyan3991 - Mar 3, 2020

0 by Kamiyan3991 »»
Mar 3, 2020 12:00 AM

» Hype?

LastLuminescence - Mar 30, 2019

14 by NekoZamurai »»
Jan 11, 2020 2:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.