Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 6, 2020 8:33 PM
Jul 2019
Haeduans said:
Eleris18 said:
I gotta be perfectly honest. This episode was not the best. It was still fantastic, but not great. I know that a lot of people loved the insert song and the montage of Narihisago and his family, (yes it was very good) however, I don't think it matched the mood of the show. It kind of just popped up out of no where. There was nothing that led into a slow soft song with a sweet montage. It was a little choppy.

Honestly, I don't think there's a great disconnect for Sakaido/Nahirisago's montage though. The montage happened briefly before the crumbling of the world, and the realization that his whole world was all fake. Also, between a conversation with her deceased wife. The one I think which lessened the impact was the trigger - that is, Hondoumachi's presence.

Now that I look back on this episode, what you say makes a lot of sense. She kind of ruined the mood. I feel that she's done that a few other times in the show (no shame on Hondomachi though. She's fantastic), but it wasn't as interrupting as this episode. It was still pretty interesting to see both Narihisago and Hondomachi interact, and though it was a necessary trigger for the world to fall apart, it just didn't work well.
Mar 7, 2020 8:01 AM

Oct 2008
phantomfandom said:
I actually think about recent anime film that reveal everything was just a dream in the last ten seconds... yes, last ten seconds after credit, with no foreshadowing hint at all.

Though I don't think the reality in ID:Invaded is a dream though.

Oh? What movie would that be?
Mar 7, 2020 8:31 AM
Sep 2015
Actar said:
phantomfandom said:
I actually think about recent anime film that reveal everything was just a dream in the last ten seconds... yes, last ten seconds after credit, with no foreshadowing hint at all.

Though I don't think the reality in ID:Invaded is a dream though.

Mar 7, 2020 8:58 AM

Oct 2008
phantomfandom said:
Actar said:

Ha ha, thanks! I didn't watch it, but I suspected as much.
Mar 7, 2020 10:29 AM
Mar 2020
This episode was high on feels, had me crying even after I finished the episode and that insert song was so good
Mar 8, 2020 5:38 AM

May 2019
Damn Narihisago having to leave gave me Steins;Gate vibes; the euphoria of being trapped in a dream is real shit.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Mar 10, 2020 7:45 AM

Feb 2019
this episode hits me like a truck-kun, I was nearly shedding my man tears when that Narihisago's family montage plays. Incredible, the twists and mindfucks send chills all over my body, damn
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 12, 2020 2:21 PM

Jan 2009
Best episode so far, Narihisago's story is really heartbreaking.

The twist at the end was interesting, but there are a few things I hope they're going to explain, like how did they mistakenly send Narihisago into his own well thinking it was Momoki's, how does that even work?
Mar 12, 2020 2:34 PM

Apr 2018
I am watching this show in one sitting and this is getting better with each passing ep and that flashback scene was pretty emotional. I just hope they don't rush the ending and end this show greatly.
Anyway why this is rated so low??
Mar 13, 2020 1:05 AM

Aug 2016
This anime fucks with my mind with every episode
Mar 13, 2020 1:51 AM
Aug 2016
Sakaido had to remember his family being killed, then had to leave them again. That’s heartbreaking.
Mar 15, 2020 1:03 AM

Apr 2015
The cheesy music ruined the scene.

It's been a bit like it throughout the show so far though.

Questionable aesthetic decisions in otherwise perfectly good situations...
Mar 20, 2020 11:51 PM
Nov 2018
holy shit so much happened this episode. narihisago getting too comfortable in the well within the well. so many parallels to inception lol, different story lines in each layer. perforator being aware of himself was not something i saw coming. also that narihisago monologue about him needing to move on was amazing, felt the emotion.
Mar 25, 2020 1:59 PM

Aug 2013
The scene with his family made me tear up... man, what a good show
Mar 27, 2020 2:22 PM

Feb 2015
OMG, I would be lying if I say I didn’t cry, Nirihisago’s life became difficult, his daughter not simply died, she was murdered in a painful way, she was obligated to fight to death for periods against a muscular man, between kind of resting and dying a bit more, her wife suicided, and its cruel, but that’s his real life, having the hope that it was all a dream and you could change it all, but discovering that your new world is false, Sakaido was a good man, bad things happened to him. I maintain my theory about Shirakoma, he created the mizuhanome system with Asukai abilities, its practically the same basis, that’s why she got kidnapped and someone incriminated Momoki. Another thing, Fukuda revealed that they are in Nirihisago’s well, so, the cognitive particles in Momoki’s house are from Nirihisago, and as I can understand, a well from two different places could be slightly different, despite being the same person, Fukuda’s intentions are a mystery. Exciting.
Mar 29, 2020 12:43 AM

Jul 2012
Oof that scene def made me feel sad

This show is actually improving near the end, surprisingly.
Apr 16, 2020 11:10 PM

Dec 2012
GODDAMN WHAT A GOOD EPISODE

Jun 12, 2020 9:42 AM

Feb 2012
Let the man live his dream life inside a fake world Q_Q
so he was affected by john walker aswell.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jul 9, 2020 5:40 AM

Jul 2015
Whose cutting unions here, that was incredibly sad losing his daughter and wife all over again....

Pretty impressive to gather so much information in 10 minutes or should I say 2 years in Well's time. So Anaido was just playing the fool all this time, dammit he played us for a fiddle this whole time...

Jul 19, 2020 10:55 PM

Feb 2019
That was amazing. Best episode yet.

For me, the highlights of this episode were definitely the emotional points and the plot twists.

The flashbacks... oh the feels. I teared up while watching the entire sequence. I wouldn't want to leave such a world either. To have gone through all those experiences... falling in love, getting married, sharing a married life, having a child, raising her, enjoying a family life... all shattered by the brutal murder of his daughter. Punched and beaten up. A what? 15-year old girl? Died of being punched and beaten to the point where her face was all bruises, blood, and disfigurement. An innocent young girl. And then his wife commits suicide because she couldn't cope with the loss. There's just so much one can handle...

Narihisago is one strong person. After all this loss and suffering, he's still standing even if teetering at the edge. I don't mourn the unlawful killing of the Challenger by Narihisago at all. If anything, he deserved a more painful death.

Hondomachi entered the well at a different time from Narihisago, even though in the real world they were probably really close or Hondomachi went in first. The key is definitely with this Asukai. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the whole machine runs on her or whatever her abilities are. Narihisago's been extracted from that well within the well, so it's up to Hondomachi now.

So all this time Fukuda could remember everything? What is he trying to accomplish though? He can't do anything in the real world through the well, except maybe break Narihisago's mind.

This show just got ten times better the last few episodes, especially this one.
Jul 30, 2020 5:48 PM

Dec 2018
Shikkakku said:
That was amazing. Best episode yet.

For me, the highlights of this episode were definitely the emotional points and the plot twists.

The flashbacks... oh the feels. I teared up while watching the entire sequence. I wouldn't want to leave such a world either. To have gone through all those experiences... falling in love, getting married, sharing a married life, having a child, raising her, enjoying a family life... all shattered by the brutal murder of his daughter. Punched and beaten up. A what? 15-year old girl? Died of being punched and beaten to the point where her face was all bruises, blood, and disfigurement. An innocent young girl. And then his wife commits suicide because she couldn't cope with the loss. There's just so much one can handle...

Narihisago is one strong person. After all this loss and suffering, he's still standing even if teetering at the edge. I don't mourn the unlawful killing of the Challenger by Narihisago at all. If anything, he deserved a more painful death.

Hondomachi entered the well at a different time from Narihisago, even though in the real world they were probably really close or Hondomachi went in first. The key is definitely with this Asukai. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the whole machine runs on her or whatever her abilities are. Narihisago's been extracted from that well within the well, so it's up to Hondomachi now.

So all this time Fukuda could remember everything? What is he trying to accomplish though? He can't do anything in the real world through the well, except maybe break Narihisago's mind.

This show just got ten times better the last few episodes, especially this one.
pretty suer it was 14 as he quoted that to the challenger
Aug 13, 2020 9:19 PM

Oct 2016
Jesus, what an episode. That montage of Narihisago and his family with that ost was emotional damn. And Hondomachi has only been there for 20 minutes, now it's up to her to solve John Walker in that world.

Bruh Anaido bamboozling us all, and they weren't actually in Momoki's well but, Narihisago's how? We heading into the climax now let's go.
Aug 21, 2020 7:05 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I don't know what to say anymore. The world where Kiki alived was supposed to be easy by killing her, like she said in the previous episode. But, Narihisago decided no. Because he was not supposed to design to killing people other than the serial killer themself. Before he reached the end, he met something unexpected.

His journey revealed the missing person that i never expected before. It just led him to another failure of his life, where the fate finally encounters Hondomachi. The scenes between Narihisago and his family, was, goddamn sad. I needed to repeat the whole sceneries 10 times to moved on from the sadness. Fuck me!

Back to the story. It seems, that legal loli, just surfed on that world rather too slow than what Narihisago felt. So, the different time between those twos that span long enough converged in that place, and caused the world to trembled, and makes a digression. Fortunately, Narihisago succeeded to sent the girl every note he had to solved the messed up on that world, before he ejected out. Yeah, Anaido cleared out his promises in the wrong tims. Was that over?

Shit. Its not over yet. Because the revelations of Anaido shocked me. Once again, the twist over the funny sadistic guy revealed. What would cause that storm? And its impact? John Walker awakened? And the Kura's staff outside the facility just looked at them casualty really irritating me. Seriously, you fool just watched it like that?? Best episode for me!
badabassAug 21, 2020 7:09 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 26, 2020 12:26 PM

Dec 2008
Hondoumachi once again ruins everything just by her presence.

anyway, this brings up another question. When they were looking for cognition particles in momoki's place, I was wondering how they even knew the particles were his but assumed that they had some kind of futuresque technology that helped them to identify who the particles belonged to but from the looks of it they're just hoping that the cognition particles at the scene belong to the person they're looking for, I guess
Dec 8, 2020 8:59 AM

Jul 2017
Flashbacks of Narihisago's past with frames of his wife together with him and how happy they were together and the birth of their child Muku too was nice. A bit cheesy but given what he's gone through for years and how he was stuck at the well for 2 and a half years living his life there with his kid and wife there, fair enough. Decent episode again, although nothing mindblowing for me.
Dec 11, 2020 11:40 AM
Dec 2020
hi guys, does anyone know where to download the song "Memories of love" that you hear during episode 10?
Feb 8, 2021 9:51 PM

Mar 2010
This is such a sad episode :( He had to let go. This episode was great. Welp the end.
StardewFeb 8, 2021 9:58 PM
May 3, 2021 6:28 AM

Jan 2021
Damn this was a good episode this is some highly intense stuff and also doesn’t this mean that Jhon walker was also manipulating him too
Jun 7, 2021 12:21 AM

Sep 2014
removed-user said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

It was done quite blandly and unoriginally to the point I did not tear once during the collage.

Idk it really got me, especially
It's just too much for me. I'm trying to watch Dorohedoro for 40 minutes now, but keep pausing it because I f-cking can't stop crying. So pathetic
I feel you. Been a week and my heart still aches every time I think of this episode. So sad...
Jul 3, 2021 7:18 AM
Dec 2017
i wished they really did made another season of this.

Sep 11, 2022 7:15 PM

Nov 2015
narihisago's flashback scene was one of the saddest i watched in a while! cried a lot lol so hard not to, all seiyus were amazing and OST was soo good

younger brothers of the death painting wombs,
lend me your strength!! fire!!
like Esou... I must fight with grace!
like Kechizu... I must fight freely!!
and like Yuji... I must fight with power!!!

deliveries ⋆ collection ⋆ reverie sonata
amazing set by ec secret snowman < 333
Oct 30, 2022 6:14 AM

Sep 2014
damn what an episode. That flashback hit hard. So his daughter died and his wife killed herself over it? Or was that just in the dream? if so, why?

And Kaeru is probably in the dream machine, hence why they only have that one.

This is really all on big mystery and honestly I dont care if its not realistic, Im here for the story and this is peak faction!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 10, 2022 2:56 AM

Oct 2022
I didn't think there would be a greater slap in the face as the episode with the false Gravedigger. It was clear that nothing he did in that world held any real bearing on the real one, but to shove it in his face was just too much.

It really fucked me up. The montage afterwards was just plain overkill. Akihito is truly suffering.

And that damn Perforator had been bamboozling us this entire time. At the very least, he's letting us see what "falling into dogma" actually looks like. And it's not looking good.
Jun 11, 2023 10:35 PM
Jul 2019
best eps  in this anime fr
Jul 4, 2023 5:16 PM

Sep 2015
What a twist, just how was he able to keep his memories intact?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 3, 2023 8:34 PM

Jan 2016
I'm so confused on this anime man. But i made it this far so I'll continue. The family montage was quite sad though, cant imagine losing two closest people like that.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

202 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Apr 19, 5:15 PM

Poll: » ID:Invaded Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

106 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Apr 19, 4:55 AM

» Spoilers problem

Quarter034 - Nov 8, 2023

2 by Kristiwazhere »»
Mar 16, 3:01 PM

Poll: » ID:Invaded Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

128 by RobotFK »»
Feb 8, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2020

100 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 12:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.