Forum Settings
Forums

Which anime of yours rated 9/10 is the closest to getting a 10 and what's preventing it from getting one?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 26, 2020 12:01 PM

May 2019
Gurren Lagann has a lot of slow episodes at the beginning that are ultimately pointless. Also their logic behind
Reeeeee
Mar 26, 2020 12:05 PM
Sep 2017
Little Witch Academia. I think the first half is basically perfect, and loved the 2nd half almost just as much. Only issue is that personally I would watch basically all of my 10/10s before Little Witch. Another one is Bakemonogatari, which is amazing but some arcs were less interesting like the Nadeko arc.
Mar 26, 2020 12:06 PM

Dec 2015
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
And it's because
Mar 26, 2020 12:07 PM

Aug 2018
One piece - Theres just something that it lacks for me to give it maximum score, also post time skip animation might also have some things to do with this hopefully I will
get what it lacks in the end.

Erased - This one is pretty simple, the last episodes weren't done good enought to make it worthy of 10. Everything was going so beautiful but final few episodes really did dissapoint me, not just ending itself
Mar 26, 2020 12:14 PM

Aug 2018
-EnvyV2- said:
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia it was really well done with all the background colors and the character development plus the plot, but the ending was kinda meh.

I definitely agree with you on the meh ending detracting a point from what otherwise was an excellent show.
Mar 26, 2020 12:39 PM

Jul 2019
I gave Naruto a 9 and not a 10 due to the amount filler after episode 134

They weren't bad filler episodes but definitely didn't need that amount of filler
Swagernator said:
God damn, another gay thread upon us.
Mar 26, 2020 12:55 PM

May 2019
The closet 9 pointers to 10 for me were:
Haikyuu(S3): Too much hype.But one of the many ingredients for a good anime
Your Name: It was overhyped.Not able to connect emotionally
Mar 26, 2020 1:04 PM

Jul 2017
ToxicTraitor said:
The closet 9 pointers to 10 for me were:
Haikyuu(S3): Too much hype.But one of the many ingredients for a good anime
Your Name: It was overhyped.Not able to connect emotionally

Wait you're calling an anime you gave a 9/10 overhyped? and you couldn't connect to it emotionally? Then why did you even give it such a high score O_O?
Mar 26, 2020 1:20 PM

Mar 2018
I have three!

Kuroko no Basket - This one just doesn't have that perspective-shifting spark that most of my 10/10s have. It's DAMN GOOD but there's just something missing that I can't place.

Death Parade - If I watched this when it came out, as opposed to a couple months ago? It would have been a 10/10 because of how much that ending would have impacted my life.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) - It's really just because it's unfinished. That's all I have to say.
Mar 26, 2020 1:25 PM

Apr 2015
The closest anime I have to a 10 that's currently a strong 9 Is Fullmetal Alchemist 2003. On my internal metric, I've rated It a 9.8/10 which is just slightly above Planetes.

What prevents Fullmetal Alchemist from achieving that perfect score from me is a tad strange to explain to others, as unlike most people, I don't really think that Fullmetal Alchemist has a strong start! It has some real dud episodes, mainly episode 10, Episode 4 which are just absurdly awful! "A Forgers Love" is basically a mild retread of episode 1-2 but worse and episode 10, A Phantom Thief adds little of substance to the overall package sans a Lupin The Third reference...I guess?

There are some rather adequate episodes in between, like the ones based upon Alphonese's angst alongside "The Other Brothers Elric" which are just sort of eh but the remaining package more than makes up for it in my eyes.

For context, I've rated Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood a 7.1/10.
Mar 26, 2020 3:50 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
A_Sad_Dust_Cloud said:
horridhendy said:

I haven't actually seen the movie yet - it's on my plan to watch but the reviews pretty much said it wasn't as good as the TV show. From some of the images/clips I've seen, the animation looks stunning. I have seen THAT transformation, vroom vroom. What did you give the series then? Did you prefer the film overall?

I do prefer the film overall, mostly because it's a hell of a lot prettier. Backgrounds, costume/character design, you name it. My only real gripe with it is that if I hadn't watched the tv show first, I'm not sure I would have understood what was going on. It streamlines and trims down the story from the anime so much that I can see it being hard to parse for a new viewer. More of an art book than a plot movie.

After this thread got resurrected, it reminded me of our short conversation and just as an update: I watched the Revolutionary Girl Utena movie and I totally agree with you - I preferred it to the TV series. It's just GORGEOUS to look at. It really is more of an art book as you say. I can't imagine how confusing it would be if you hadn't seen the TV show first.

The TV show fell just short of a 10 but the movie definitely got one from me :)

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Mar 30, 2020 11:05 AM
May 2019
Timmerss said:
Shicchi said:
Here are all my 9s:

- Death Note: not enough attachment, my favorite character died
- Fairy Tail: too many ridiculous plot armor for Erza and too many cheap friendship power
- Darker Than Black: not enough attachment, lack of happy ending
- KHR: not enough attachment, plot is all over the place? (tbh I forgot why I rated it a 9)
- Made in Abyss: not enough attachment
- Haikyuu: my fav is not main characters... but I seriously considering rating this 10, let's see if the Karasuno vs Nekoma would be enough)
- FMA: not enough attachment
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: not enough attachment
- Steins; Gate: not enough attachment, my ship sunk and I dislike one of the main character. I'm thinking of lower it to 8
- KNB: not enough attachment and my favorite is only a side character
- Magi: not enough attachment, need more seasons
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica: not enough attachment
- Given: not enough attachment

Closest to 10 probably:
- Fairy Tail
- Haikyuu

Which Steins;Gate character do you dislike? If anything, I think Steins;Gate has no dislikable characters.
Must be Kurisu I bet Since most of the people in the fandom hate her, Reason ships of course and another reason because she is Tsundere
Mar 30, 2020 12:47 PM

Oct 2019
Welcome to the NHK was extremely powerful and well done for me, but it suffered a bit in production which prevented it from being a 10.

Monster is something I consider to be a 10/10 story but my enjoyment wavered in many places which puts it into a 9. Brotherhood is also similar.
Mar 30, 2020 12:53 PM

Mar 2020
Nami's score is 9.8 and the only reason why it isn't getting a fully 10 is because of its existence.
Mar 30, 2020 12:55 PM
May 2019
One of them is gintama. Now gintama is an overrated show hands down with the rabid fans spamming 10s all the time but on its own its a pretty damn good show. The comedy in itself is pretty damn good its the best i have seen to be honest and the seriousness of it is also handled well. what's preventing me from a 10 is that it lacks a coherent plot and when it does the plot expects you to support it because you have been through the comedy with the characters but the plot isnt strong in itself. Furthermore if you are exposed to comedy again and again it eventually becomes dull. I appreciate gintama as a anime but the overratedness and all its flaws prevents it from being a 10.
moving on ansatsu kyoushitsu babylon death parade mob psycho 11 season 2 are all animes i would have given 10 but that would be unfair since the quality of the anime itself doesnt warrant it to be a masterpiece and if i did give them 10 it would be biased. these anime just needed one last push to be a masterpiece but i still love them nonetheless.
Mar 30, 2020 1:09 PM

Aug 2018
Zealox23 said:
One of them is gintama. Now gintama is an overrated show hands down with the rabid fans spamming 10s all the time but on its own its a pretty damn good show. The comedy in itself is pretty damn good its the best i have seen to be honest and the seriousness of it is also handled well. what's preventing me from a 10 is that it lacks a coherent plot and when it does the plot expects you to support it because you have been through the comedy with the characters but the plot isnt strong in itself. Furthermore if you are exposed to comedy again and again it eventually becomes dull. I appreciate gintama as a anime but the overratedness and all its flaws prevents it from being a 10.
How do call it overrated when you yourself give a score of 9?If you are talking about the later seasons following "Farewell Shinsengumi",I completely agree with you.I felt like the show was being stretched for no reason.Ginatama fanboi btw.
Mar 30, 2020 1:15 PM

Apr 2015
I only rate my favorite animes with a 10. So if I really enjoyed watching an anime but I wouldn't consider it one of my favorites, I'm going to rate it 9.
Mar 30, 2020 1:15 PM

Aug 2012
Death Note - The anime ended differently from the manga, which I prefer the latter's ending more.

Mo Dao Zu Shi - I started watching this completely blind on what the series was about and the first 2 episodes confused the heck out of me. The series started in the present, then went into a flashback that lasted so many episodes. Then many episodes later, we're back to the present.
Also, it was my first time watching a Chinese anime. So everyone having three different names was so confusing. Eventually, I got used to it and got the hang on the plot and everything, and of course, I love this series sooo much! It was the confusion in the beginning which prevented in me giving it a 10.
Mar 30, 2020 1:16 PM

Jul 2019
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei and it doesn’t got 10 cause of incest
Mar 30, 2020 1:17 PM
May 2019
sonofbatmanrp13 said:
Zealox23 said:
How do call it overrated when you yourself give a score of 9?If you are talking about the later seasons following "Farewell Shinsengumi",I completely agree with you.I felt like the show was being stretched for no reason.Ginatama fanboi btw.
well siince you are a fanboy then this converstation will lead to nowhere and at the end nothing will change. Ok i gave it 9 because its a good show but it isnt a frickin masterpiece. As you have seen i have given some seasons a 8 and some seasons a 9 and not once a 10. Frankly everything after sa and fs arcs feels better to me. Gintama isnt a masterpiece as a lot of peopl claim but it is above your average anime and is a fun ride which i why i gave a 9.
Mar 30, 2020 1:29 PM

Jun 2017
Imouto sae Ireba Ii,
I liked it a lot, bit it was a bit short.
May 7, 2020 8:43 PM

Jul 2019
Mmm now that I have seen more anime, ZnT has been topped by Hyouka. Hyouka is a very refreshing story about high school life that I can relate to. It has a huge bonus for a good plot and being based in mysteries. However, the explanations are a bit hard to follow and a lot of plot conveniences happen. I really wanted to give it a 10 though.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Can someone help me find this anime's name?

Angelblue1852 - 3 minutes ago

0 by Angelblue1852 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 9 hours ago

19 by Archean-Return »»
3 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - 27 minutes ago

4 by weebtoge »»
4 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 11 hours ago

33 by FanofAction »»
9 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9062 by anime-prime »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.