Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 29, 2020 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This show has so many different ED theme songs. But jokes aside, it's a nice touch to see all the characters together at this party.

Quite a bit adapted this week too with the amount of chapters.
Stark700Mar 1, 2020 6:45 AM
Feb 29, 2020 7:55 AM

Jun 2009
Episode 8 is not out yet.
Feb 29, 2020 8:17 AM
Sep 2008
GatsuLTU said:
Episode 8 is not out yet.

It released 54 minutes before you made that post.
Feb 29, 2020 11:48 AM
Jan 2020
So, before diving into this episode, has anyone else noticed a miiiiiiinor change in the OP? Beginning from ep.6, when Nikaido cuts parsley, her left hand moves away from the knife! Until then it has been staying on the same place and I've always thought that it's actually dangerous, so I'm glad the studio provided Nikaido with safety:)

Finally, the legendary Blue Night. I saw on Dorohedoro Twitter that they put FIVE chapters in there and it surprisingly worked well)

Getting more hints about Risu and Caiman, nice. THICC boy Aikawa was here for 3.37 seconds and I already miss him. The mystery continues!
We also met some new characters - Tanba, Fukuyama and Kirion. I love this bunch so much, very protective of each other. But I have a feeling I forgot someone from this ep... (manga readers will get it)

En promising to kill anyone who dares to partner with Kikurage, this pink little fukker getting her own mushroom bed... I love seeing bad guys getting cozy dozy with their pets:c
I ABSOLUTELY adore En's pink costume and Chota's angel wings. Shin is a boring nerdy as always while Noi just rocks in her punky clothes. Fujita actually becomes part of En's family and can attend the Blue Night freely, my feels are overflowing. Ebisu...uhh, well she's Ebisu.
The guys who shot at Noi are bastards and we'll see them again. In manga Noi's injuries looked really severe(
The blue bugs are mesmerizing, and En's Blue Night park is fun to look at. Well shown in new ED!

Someone said in the previous episode review that starting from now, the story will have even more sad, somber moments and I can confirm that. But it's gonna be crazier too, so everyone will be satisfied for sure.

PS Caiman, you're a huge 216 cm guy...you can't hide behind a plate...
Mar 1, 2020 1:55 AM

Apr 2009
Hell yeah, time for the Blue Night arc.
Mar 1, 2020 4:56 AM

Jun 2014
This Blue Night arc looks like it's going to be fun and entertaining to watch. Hell, the whole show is like that anyway lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 1, 2020 5:11 AM

Sep 2017
This Blue Night is gonna be fun ! I hope Caiman will end up with Nikaidou somehow

and finally we got a new ending ! it isn't super catchy like the last ones (or I guess it'll just grow on me (like mushrooms)) but I still like it

also

B O I N G
Mar 1, 2020 5:39 AM

May 2019
The ending song is groovy. LOL just how many endings have they prepared for a 12 episode anime? Not that I'm complaining. They're all great. (mushroom FPS is still my favourite tho)

Also, I'm sure Nikaido is the one En's looking for.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Mar 1, 2020 7:04 AM

Aug 2013
This anime is a 10 in my book. Love the rich world and characters.

So the sorcerers suddenly appeared in the world. And apparently the devil was defeated by 2 minor devils who paired up. Could that be the reason why sorcerers pair up?

Its refreshing how that history is casually mentioned in passing.
Mar 1, 2020 7:12 AM

May 2016
Say it with me: Ebisu pads her chest!

Great episode as usual.
Mar 1, 2020 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
Noi walking in those heels was my favourite part of this episode.
Mar 1, 2020 7:23 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They're adapting this so well!! I'm in heaven seeing the rich colour palette that MAPPA pulled out for this arc. You can tell that the guys making this really love the manga and the art of Q Hayashida-sensei.

Having a different ED for each episode is such a luxury. Does anyone know which videogame this is homaging?

operationvalkyri said:
Noi walking in those heels was my favourite part of this episode.

As if she needs them at her size too!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 1, 2020 7:37 AM

Aug 2017
Love love love Noi on heels! OMG Ebisu trying to have a pair!!! I hope Caiman will be able to track down Riisu...

Mar 1, 2020 8:38 AM
May 2016
Good fucking LORD this episode was visual eyecandy! The Blue Night festival looks so ridiculously good, god damn this show has some of the most solid art direction I've seen in ages! I swear every week the show just gets better and better, and my god, that ED though! So fucking groovy, favorite one so far for sure! Lmao, I guess Mappa saw Beastars last season with its 3 EDs and thought "Hey, we can one-up that!"

This and Eizouken are best shows this season, hands down, I'm going to be so bored waiting for the next season of this because this has been such a good ride so far.
Mar 1, 2020 8:40 AM
Sep 2015
You know life is not fair when Dorohedoro shows female bust sizes but not male...
Mar 1, 2020 8:51 AM

Nov 2016
Love the world more and more, visuallywise simply great.

Not too worried about Noi, hope we get some backstory for her now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 1, 2020 9:49 AM

Oct 2017
So Nikaidou has time control magic huh, that's one broken power. Lol Ebisu was hilarious with the fake boobs. Also damn Noi got hit, thou she'll proly be okay.
Mar 1, 2020 10:13 AM
Feb 2020
I think the time control magic is the reason why nikaido saw fujita's ball in ep 7..
So OP ♡
Mar 1, 2020 10:34 AM

Mar 2016
No Ebisu, you're perfect as you are.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 1, 2020 11:03 AM

Dec 2014
Lovely ep and a new ed to boot.
the character designers for this anime must have gone crazy doing all those outfits.
background art is great as usual
humor is on point as usual
every ep gives so much new info, it does good on world building
im liking this world more than hole.....
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Mar 1, 2020 12:12 PM

Aug 2018
Great Episode
8/10
Mar 1, 2020 1:28 PM

Jul 2019
I am not one bit worried about out Noi... is what I would like to think but Shin's expression means something is up. What would the counter to healing magic be? Necromancy?

Very enjoyable episode overall with En and his crew crew enjoying their upper class sorcerer life. And Caiman is acting fairly reasonable for having attacked most sorcerers on sight on his last trip.
Mar 1, 2020 2:39 PM

Jul 2017
Welp, Caiman knowing about Nikaido's true nature...and decided to leave without her knowing to find the Cross-Eyed Risu alone. And settling in another shophouse, Caiman restarts his life.

The Blue Night...more than the celebration of sorcerers to find partners, it's one for En and his henchmen to not just look good, but to find more black smoke. Unfortunately, the "time" manipulating smoke that Nikaido has...could be the one that En is finding for.

Hah the difference of high-life upper-class and ordinary, average low-class sorcerers, that's what En and his henchmen are. But Ebisu boasting her "boobs" was funny though, and too bad she didn't get any partner applications (En's pet dog Kikurage is more popular than her though HEH).

In the end, Caiman's disguise is relegated to servant duty while Noi gets "black-smoked" for reasons? Most likely an assault though that has Shin worried much.

What a great episode, plus a new ED.
Mar 1, 2020 4:15 PM

Jun 2013
New ending is fire (nice Chidaruma foreshadowing in the house, one of my favorite Dorohedoro chars). So hyped for Blue Night arc, really enjoyed it in the manga.
Mar 1, 2020 4:38 PM
May 2017
Shin and Noi's backstory is actually one of the most heart-felt moments in the whole manga... Can't wait for next episode.
Mar 1, 2020 4:47 PM

Jun 2015
nanimeanswhat said:
The ending song is groovy. LOL just how many endings have they prepared for a 12 episode anime? Not that I'm complaining. They're all great. (mushroom FPS is still my favourite tho)

The Doom 1993 parody was really the best ending
Mar 1, 2020 4:51 PM

Apr 2007
Ahhh cliffhangers! Noi has become my favorite so far (she's damn perfect!) and it's so exciting that we may finally learn more about her.

There's never a dull moment in this show~
Mar 1, 2020 7:04 PM
Apr 2018
Why did I doubt MAPPA before? The staff continues to deliver great quality. This is the adaptation I never thought I needed in my life. It's like drinking my favorite hot coffee in the morning-- refreshingly good.
Mar 1, 2020 7:57 PM
Jan 2020
Can someone tell me how nikaido got hurt at her back. Did I miss something in anime?
Mar 1, 2020 8:29 PM

Aug 2018
Ndnd said:
Can someone tell me how nikaido got hurt at her back. Did I miss something in anime?

I think it's when En used his magic to turn everything into mushrooms. There was one giant mushroom on her back which required them to do surgery to remove it.
Mar 2, 2020 4:26 AM

Jun 2013
Another awesome episode. The humor, the quirkiness, the slight action and just seeing the characters. This is one of those series where I love the antagonists as much or even more than the protagonists. Ebisu's obsession with boing breasts is adorable and Noi just squeezing Ebisu's fake balloons lol

The blue night arc is one of my favorites!
臭い-
Mar 2, 2020 5:56 AM
Dec 2017
New ed.
Mar 2, 2020 9:43 AM

Oct 2018
things are getting intense, next episode is gunna be crazy!! awesome ep as always , this adaptation rocks !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2020 11:03 AM

Mar 2015
BTW, It was first appearance of Shou, but i guess he was invisible for most of viewers?
Mar 2, 2020 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
My duressu~~
Sad that Noi had to die i kinda liked her. ><
Mar 2, 2020 11:52 AM
Jul 2017
Tlahuizcapante said:
BTW, It was first appearance of Shou, but i guess he was invisible for most of viewers?

I honestly feel proud of my self for spotting him lol. He’s sitting in plain sight but is so easy to miss XD.
Mar 2, 2020 3:36 PM

Aug 2013
Bibimbapski said:
Another awesome episode. The humor, the quirkiness, the slight action and just seeing the characters. This is one of those series where I love the antagonists as much or even more than the protagonists.

My thoughts exactly. The protagonists and antagonists both have good and bad qualities. I cant really tell who the good guys are. Therye all somehow in between. Nikaido for instance killed a guy just for the money, albeit it was a sorcerer.
Mar 2, 2020 6:05 PM

Apr 2018
Huh, I was expecting Caiman's farewell with Nikaido to be a little bit more emotional. Other than that, great episode, as always! I'm looking forward to this arc!
Mar 2, 2020 7:47 PM
Dec 2019
I am sure Noi is still alive she did took a bullet to the head last time and lived as long that dog is still around.
Videoman190Mar 2, 2020 8:21 PM
Mar 2, 2020 11:01 PM

Mar 2016
En is so attached to the dog. lol.

Caiman got a job. haha. But I wonder why he randomly decided to kill some of the collectors.

Oh god, it looks like Caiman might be Risu's old partner. This is interesting!!!

Poor En, no one let him finish his speech. hahaha.

I am absolutely in love with the magician who wanted to be angel-like.

I never could have assumed the shirtless manager was actually wearing clothes. haha. Why was he wearing a naked torso? This anime is so random!
Mar 2, 2020 11:24 PM

Jul 2016
Yo, (K)NoW_NAME is absolutely killing it with the ED theme songs. They all are hella catchy!

Quite good episode. All the preparations for En's party were so ridiculous yet so entertaining to watch. Really looking forward to this Blue Night arc.
SouthRzVaMar 2, 2020 11:30 PM
Mar 3, 2020 1:38 PM

Apr 2016
There were some interesting things in this episode. I'm curious now. It’s a good episode overall.
Mar 3, 2020 3:28 PM
Sep 2008
I find it kinda weird/funny everyone who has mentioned Kikurage refers to it as a dog. It has the body of a small goat (complete with hooves) , fluffy rabbit like ears, horns and a freakish tongue. It's a creature of unknown original....what kind of dogs do you people interact with on a regular basis XD
Mar 3, 2020 6:23 PM
May 2017
Draculoid said:
I find it kinda weird/funny everyone who has mentioned Kikurage refers to it as a dog. It has the body of a small goat (complete with hooves) , fluffy rabbit like ears, horns and a freakish tongue. It's a creature of unknown original....what kind of dogs do you people interact with on a regular basis XD

every animal that acts as a pet is either a cat or a dog.

Don't think about it, just embrace it like everyone else has.
Mar 3, 2020 7:46 PM

Aug 2016
Yay, it’s Blue Night. This will be fun.
Mar 3, 2020 8:08 PM
Mar 2015
Noi is in trouble Caiman is a good servant Risu came back to live but the meat did not
Mar 3, 2020 11:25 PM
Sep 2008
RabidFish said:
Draculoid said:

every animal that acts as a pet is either a cat or a dog.

Don't think about it, just embrace it like everyone else has.

Ok.....even considering what you're saying (which doesn't make sense) It clearly makes cat sounds and even acts like a cat in the way it moves and behaves (playing with the bug, being shy/timid/nonchalant) so why don't these weird "It has to be a dog or a cat " people call it a cat? I don't think these posters are very observant, and it's literally every one.
DraculoidMar 3, 2020 11:29 PM
Mar 3, 2020 11:29 PM

Oct 2008
There's no way Noi would be put down by that black powder!?!?
lolz at Ebisu so big saggy melons!
Caiman undercover with lots of trash sidejobs!
4/5.

Mar 4, 2020 3:08 AM

Sep 2019
RIP Cacti. T^T

I'm surprised bossman wouldn't just make ALL the dishes mushroom-based. At least he's cool in that regard... unless they all have mushroom flavour. That would be, I mean, I don't mind mushrooms, but that'd be a bit much.

Woof, Noi, that outfit is a ten... as for Ebisu... probably just better to embrace the justice. Noi is just perfect for it with that strong build.

I'd definitely submit a form to be Kikurage's partner.

What struck me this episode is how En sees all those guys as his family. That's cute. Wonder if we're gonna get into more devil stuff next ep? That'd be cool.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Mar 4, 2020 4:44 PM

Nov 2019
Dope 5/5 episode
That nasty scar on Nikai's back makes me sad :(((
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

204 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

65 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

69 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

70 by FarCritical »»
Mar 26, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

123 by FarCritical »»
Mar 24, 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.