Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 29, 2020 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting that they focused on Akane this episode. They're really bent on focusing on individual storytelling for each of the main idols. Plus, it's important to realize why she became an idol in the first place.

Her personality is kinda of more reserved compared to the other cast, even as a kid.
Feb 29, 2020 8:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Akane is a good character, obviously she has a tragic past too, and it's great to see an Idol concert in this episode, the ending for this episode is so catchy wow
Feb 29, 2020 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
The most incredible thing about this episode was the audience. They really know their thing.

So this time we an episode focusing on Akane.

Feb 29, 2020 9:45 AM

Jan 2014
Hope Akane loosens her grip on her emotions later on honestly. Would be great to see, after how her tragic backstory is.
Feb 29, 2020 9:53 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
as much as i'd fuck the entire group, Nicole is particularly sexy XD
Feb 29, 2020 10:01 AM

Dec 2014
The scene where Akane reunites with her mother was very emotional. :(

The encore part was great too.
Feb 29, 2020 12:26 PM

Feb 2019
New ED! Loved this episode, one of my faves so far. Love how we're getting a character development arc for each of the girls, really nice. The "robot" Akane is human afterall.

One thing I really like about 22/7 is how they've gone for a realistic voice acting approach as opposed to over the top kawaii style like in other idol series.

That concert was also great, just got back from a DV of Love Live! fest the other day and it felt the same.

I hate how underrated and underviewed this series is. I think it's much better than Love Live!'s first season, SIP and at least as good as Bandori S1. The concept of the wall and the darker tones of the series make it quite unique and fun to watch. Doing pretty well in Japan where it matters at least.
Feb 29, 2020 1:48 PM

Jul 2017
ah, yet another case of a child's stupidity leading to the parent's divorce.

but Akane's story makes no sense at all. Like she chose to cut out her emotions so that nobody would experience misfortune, but the entire incident only happened because she just didn't listen to her mom? Like that has nothing to do with being emotional, ofc a kid will get bored staying inside in a place like that. And what kind of reporters just randomly decide to report on parents having an argument? Even before that, I know it's amazing that a lost child is found after.......3 days, but was there really the need to make it that much bigger than it was? Hell there have been children that have been found after years of being lost but not much else was said after the initial report, cause nobody really gives that big of a shit anymore

man idk if it's funny or sad that I'm more interested in the parents in all these backstories than the idols themselves

As for the song, it was actually.....not that bad. Still don't know why they include those monologues in the middle and completely ruin the flow, but oh well, still one of the better idol anime songs out there. Not as great as ARP Backstage Pass, but still better than the likes of Love Live for instance.

Feb 29, 2020 9:53 PM
Apr 2017
EcchiGodMamster said:

wtf did I just read???????
Feb 29, 2020 11:56 PM

Sep 2015
Based on the after credit, it looks like we're getting another Miu episode next week before Nicole and Ayaka.

My character episode ranking so far:
Jun>Miu>Miyako>Akane>Sakura>>>Reika

Have a feeling that Ayaka episode will top others given that she doesn't have any particular personality/archetype and she doesn't voice her opinion much.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Mar 1, 2020 3:32 AM

Jul 2017
After many trials and tribulations, the girls of 22/7 are ready for their first-ever big-name concert. Needless to say, without a hitch, they've succeeded and crossed another milestone.

To answer the "tragic idol of the episode", it's dreaming robot Akane: the girl who has a dreamy, spoiled young life, but became an emotionless robot from contributing to her family's misfortunes thereafter. Can't blame parents on being too hard on their own children, moreover for protection and safety issues. And...that's it. Thought there'll be more to it but welp...

For the concert, it opened up Akane's heart to being that young dreaming soul rather than the robot that everyone saw her from the start.

Akane's ED is one of the strongest showings of the idol-centric EDs so far, if of concern. But IMO, just felt like any other anisong out there.
Mar 1, 2020 4:56 AM

Aug 2018
That Akane ED was actually good af

So thats why shes emotionless and punctual to not cause problems to others

The steps on their performance was good but the cgi was ehh if its just like love live.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 1, 2020 3:36 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Rising_Blade said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

you read exactly what it sounds like, they can all get it, especially Nicole, not that thats anything unique when it comes to anime girls
Mar 2, 2020 2:35 AM

Oct 2017
I liked Akane's backstory and it's good to know why she behaves like a robot. The concert was okay but the voice of the crowd was just so off.
Mar 3, 2020 5:17 AM

Oct 2007
finally, a concert with no sad panda monologue in the background! It's about time.

funny with Jun so nervous. Anyway, I enjoyed the performance. :)
Mar 3, 2020 5:02 PM

Nov 2013
lol at the bathhouse "oh she is here too" "nani?"
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 4, 2020 6:53 AM

Oct 2008
oh! a successful performance by 22/7!
so Akane became a robot ever since what happened in the bitter past huh..but good thing she cried.
4/5.

Mar 6, 2020 9:33 AM

Jan 2018
that stage performance with the audience is so fucking awesome. I had to take my penlights out irl

Mar 13, 2020 8:35 PM

Feb 2018
Another good episode xD.
Apr 4, 2020 7:20 PM

Nov 2007
Short_Circut said:
ah, yet another case of a child's stupidity leading to the parent's divorce.

but Akane's story makes no sense at all. Like she chose to cut out her emotions so that nobody would experience misfortune, but the entire incident only happened because she just didn't listen to her mom? Like that has nothing to do with being emotional, ofc a kid will get bored staying inside in a place like that. And what kind of reporters just randomly decide to report on parents having an argument? Even before that, I know it's amazing that a lost child is found after.......3 days, but was there really the need to make it that much bigger than it was? Hell there have been children that have been found after years of being lost but not much else was said after the initial report, cause nobody really gives that big of a shit anymore

man idk if it's funny or sad that I'm more interested in the parents in all these backstories than the idols themselves

As for the song, it was actually.....not that bad. Still don't know why they include those monologues in the middle and completely ruin the flow, but oh well, still one of the better idol anime songs out there. Not as great as ARP Backstage Pass, but still better than the likes of Love Live for instance.

Yeah, I also noticed that none of that made sense. I could understand her being a stickler for the rules after that but the emotionless part is just random...

Jun 30, 2020 1:53 PM

Jul 2019
I loved it when the audience shouted the name of each of the girls in sequence
Sep 25, 2020 12:07 AM

May 2020
Akane is not an AI lol. Nice joke for 22/7. Akane lost in the forest when she was a kid. What a broken home story.
Jan 22, 2021 2:30 AM

Jan 2013
Will they perform any other songs? It's getting comically repetitive.
Jul 25, 2021 12:55 PM

Feb 2020
These last two episodes have been so amazing. I love these kind of emotional backstories.

Poor Akane. That incident in her childhood changed drastically her personality.

Their performance was magical. I especially loved it when the audience shouted their names.
Sep 2, 2021 2:17 AM

Nov 2013
Akane is my favorite. She is also hottest one.
They didn't know what to do with her and made some half-assed, kinda sad, unlogical backstory.
That was stupid if you ask me. They just dropped their kid alone in some cabin in the woods near to ridiculously dangerous path and left. Then professional rescuers couldnt't find her for 3 days?.. And her mom just randomly found her. And then she left her house wearing raincoat.
Jun casually bullied Akane for her calmness for no reason
At the end of the episode we still don't know much about Akane, but we saw hers half-naked body so i'm satisfied anyway.
I still don't understand why she became so emotionless, though.
GvendolineSep 2, 2021 8:22 AM
Oct 16, 2021 8:51 PM

Dec 2020
can't believe i actually did the fanchant with them. performance was pretty nice, would've loved to see the encore too
Sep 27, 2022 3:42 PM
May 2019
Rising_Blade said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

The words of a true legend

More topics from this board

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

51 by bushman66 »»
Aug 21, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2020

128 by anikevin »»
Jun 11, 2023 10:00 PM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2020

60 by Nurguburu »»
Apr 26, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

40 by EmiliaHoarfrost »»
Dec 18, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

59 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Sep 27, 2022 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.