Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 4, 2020 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
I can see the change in Kaname
May 2, 2021 4:10 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
That fight at the beginning was an utter joke, yet they were all astounded by how great it was, sorry but that is hard to swallow with that shit animation.

The horny assassin came out of nowhere, but definitely made things interested lol.
I was never taking this plot seriously, so her sudden recruitment to their team was fine.

Seems like that piece of shit is really gonna go torturing MC school friend has revenge, well I already know what is gonna happen, so this should be definitely interesting, considering the swift it is gonna occur after this.
Jul 22, 2021 1:17 PM

Apr 2018
Shibuya arc is finally over.

He won the game by bluffing, quite smart. That's what he does most of the time.
And the thing in the locker was a phone, from the game master. And damn, he got a massive amount of points from them. Worth more than a billion yen.
Curious what he asked him.. and seems like they're teaming up with the dojou AND WOW?
What happend to his appearance..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 17, 2021 8:39 AM

Mar 2021
Kaname has become a badass in the last couple of episodes I thought he was going to be a generic useless MC relying on others. Loli bath seen wasn’t needed but at least it wasn’t too over the top. At least the florists daughter can afford her surgery I thought they were going to leave it hanging glad we got some closure. The master can beat a tank but he lost to the woman with the mask in a earlier episode. Kaname getting jacked as well looking forward to this fight even though he should get his ass beat.
Apr 18, 2022 2:45 AM

Dec 2020
Guys can someone pls explain how the treasure hunt ended?

So Rein linked the 185911 to being the month and year that the Origin of Species was first published -

But then what has that got to do with Kaname opening the locker? Did Kaname separately figure out the precise location to the treasure was a particular locker and what was the password?

I don't know about the manga but I felt like they left a lot of things out.

-What was that key that Kaname was holding up? Just some random key?
-How did he know where the locker was?
-How did he know WHICH locker it was?
-How did he know what the password was?
-How did he know all of the above if he was separated from Rein? It never showed his thought process / deduction
Apr 25, 2022 4:06 PM

Jan 2020
So... was the 3 ring thing bullshit all along? Everyone in Kaname's group should've abandoned the rings per his instruction and yet it looks like they all survived. And, they certainly aren't in an official clan yet, so his victory shouldn't bleed over and count as theirs as well.

I don't like this "don't ask, don't tell" attitude the anime seems to be taking. Though, I grew up on Death Note, so I'm used to getting a play-by-play. I'm not sure if it's just because it was limited to 11 episodes, or if the creator simply likes keeping secret secrets. Unfortunately, I don't particularly feel like starting the manga, unless it's already over, and relatively short.

SecretQuill said:

So Rein linked the 185911 to being the month and year that the Origin of Species was first published -

But then what has that got to do with Kaname opening the locker? Did Kaname separately figure out the precise location to the treasure was a particular locker and what was the password?

-How did he know all of the above if he was separated from Rein? It never showed his thought process / deduction

I haven't read the manga, and I'm somewhat in the same boat as you. It feels like there is a lot of info being left out or glazed over. Either way, the only question I know the answer to for sure is that the key he was holding was to his motorcycle, or so he said himself in the episode.

In regards to everything else, it's mostly just speculation. Either he did talk to Rein to some extent and had that information before confronting Wang, or else he is some super Amadeus who pieced it all together himself. Regardless if either of those are the case, or it's something else entirely; they didn't bother to show it. So it just comes down to a pacing/bad storytelling issue in the end.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 26, 2022 7:46 AM

Dec 2020
commonxreaction said:
So... was the 3 ring thing bullshit all along? Everyone in Kaname's group should've abandoned the rings per his instruction and yet it looks like they all survived. And, they certainly aren't in an official clan yet, so his victory shouldn't bleed over and count as theirs as well.

I don't like this "don't ask, don't tell" attitude the anime seems to be taking. Though, I grew up on Death Note, so I'm used to getting a play-by-play. I'm not sure if it's just because it was limited to 11 episodes, or if the creator simply likes keeping secret secrets. Unfortunately, I don't particularly feel like starting the manga, unless it's already over, and relatively short.

SecretQuill said:

I haven't read the manga, and I'm somewhat in the same boat as you. It feels like there is a lot of info being left out or glazed over. Either way, the only question I know the answer to for sure is that the key he was holding was to his motorcycle, or so he said himself in the episode.

In regards to everything else, it's mostly just speculation. Either he did talk to Rein to some extent and had that information before confronting Wang, or else he is some super Amadeus who pieced it all together himself. Regardless if either of those are the case, or it's something else entirely; they didn't bother to show it. So it just comes down to a pacing/bad storytelling issue in the end.

Ugh I am with you - I can't stand bad storytelling esp when I feel like the hook was so good in the beginning and now it's just like u said "don't ask, don't tell" -- and also yeah Kaname is being hailed as this super character and it's like er - he's just a standard kid it's not like he's Light Yagami or Sherlock Holmes or given the super human power of Rein

Thing with these fuckin animes is that once I'm into it then I'm into it so I'll probs watch the next season but yeah this missing info for the Treasure Hunt really pissed me off
May 6, 2022 12:47 PM

Jul 2017
Kaname on that grindset now. Kinda hype lol.

Dec 6, 2022 6:22 AM

Dec 2018
i'm really glad dude got his arm back; kaname seems to be more mentally prepared and going all out. this is getting to be really good. sad there's only a couple more episodes, but the pacing has been great.
Dec 4, 2023 12:33 AM
Dec 2023
solid 7. theres already ones similar but personally not a fan of these types
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2020

122 by pe3plo »»
Apr 10, 6:15 AM

» Why no season 2?

kisaragi_eki - Dec 2, 2023

34 by Lolbot »»
Apr 7, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2020

336 by Serjiotv »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2020

110 by Davidortizu »»
Nov 8, 2023 10:47 PM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2020

79 by Garrett_Dark »»
Oct 20, 2023 3:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.