Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2020 6:05 AM
Jul 2017
Does anyone watched Slayers?
Im curently wathing it and I want to know som opinions about it

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
DeadlyRavenMar 14, 2020 11:00 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 28, 2020 6:16 AM

Feb 2013
i watched slayer and in my opinion (which is like 10 years old) is one of the best action adventure comedy fantasy
except ova and sequel
Feb 28, 2020 6:19 AM
IHaveTrashTaste

Aug 2013
Slayers is great, I currently watch it and I can see the inspiration for Fairy Tail in it. The characters are lovable, the fights are good and the soundtrack is amazing.
Feb 28, 2020 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
I watched it when I was a kid, but I don’t remember anything except the boob grab scene. It may be a different anime though...
Feb 28, 2020 6:28 AM

Nov 2016
Watched the first two seasons and liked them both. It's a good mix of adventure, action and comedy. Comedy was peak in season one imo and Lina is <3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 28, 2020 6:36 AM
Jul 2017
I´m watching the anime this year and i kinda like it
Note: I'm whatching it with the Portuguese dub, I'm Brazilian
Feb 28, 2020 6:41 AM

Feb 2019
I watched the whole serie a while back and I still think it's one of the best Adventure/Comedy/Action serie out there. The cast of characters are pretty good and I think Xellos is still one of my favorite semi-antagonist character of all time.

I think the season thats the most peak in terms of quality was Slayers Next, that one is really solid.
Feb 28, 2020 6:41 AM

Feb 2010
I watched it a bunch of years ago, the entire franchise including each movie and special. I found it to be pretty good, very entertaining and funny for the most part and I generally enjoy fantasy settings like that. But I didn't binge it, I spread it out over multiple months at least. I think I was watching other, more serious shows in between and then I'd go have some mindless fun with slayer when I felt like it.

I also watched large chunks of it in dub, for comfort reasons and because I actually found it to be pretty good. Some chars I even liked more in the dub.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 28, 2020 7:06 AM
Jul 2017
Yes Pullman I agree with you One of my favorite character Yusuke Urameshi is even funnier in the Brazilian Dub
Feb 28, 2020 7:36 AM

Oct 2010
I watched all slayers, the tv series are awesome, the other stuff with naga were so so but funny nontheless. Great characters, great battles, great world building. The artstyle is not to my taste though.
Feb 28, 2020 8:45 AM

May 2016
Slayers was absolutely crucial to my anime viewing career. Saw the first season around 20 years ago, and it's been near and dear to my heart ever since.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Feb 28, 2020 9:02 AM

Aug 2018
Slayers is great and Megumi Hayashibara as Lina Inverse is the best.
Feb 28, 2020 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
It's a great warm and nostalgic show and Lina is a BAMF, yep.
Feb 28, 2020 9:13 AM

Nov 2008
It's a classic that will always be fondly remembered by all of us 80s-90s kids. xD

Lina is definitely my favorite Megumi role.

Feb 28, 2020 9:27 AM

Nov 2016
It is a really great franchise, I got to watch the ovas a few months ago and I still love lina and I wish naga was in the main tv show
Feb 28, 2020 10:06 AM

Apr 2008
It is one of my favorite series, I also liked both the subbed and dubbed versions. I have watched it multiple times, Slayers Next is probably my favorite and Zelgadisis my favorite character. I tried watching the newer Slayers Revolution series too but I didn't think they were that good.
Feb 28, 2020 10:08 AM

May 2015
It was the first anime series that I completed and still remains a classic. I've seen it dubbed originally and then subbed. While the Japanese dub is great, I prefer the English voices as it is what I grew up listening to. Also Lisa Ortiz is an amazing Lina, and the Dragon Slave chant is easily one of the most iconic chants in anime history. Xellos was and still remains one of my favorite anime characters of all time, and I can honestly admit that Sylphiel was my first anime crush. I've seen all the seasons, movies, and OVAs. The quality varies for each one, but I can certainly say that I enjoyed them all. Naga was probably one of the most important characters in my anime watching history in that while I was young, despite the outfit she wears, I remember her more for her personality and laugh, and helped me understand that a character with a ridiculous outfit needs a ridiculous personality to go along with it. Naga is just an amazing character in general. She may be loud and flamboyant, but she has a good heart who not only could stand toe to toe with Lina but would also help her whenever she needed it. I'm sad she's not in the TV series, but I understand why she was excluded, because if Lina and Naga were to team up throughout the TV series they wouldn't need anyone else hehehe.

And of course, the opening theme for Slayers NEXT is one of the most iconic OPs in anime history that brings the nostalgia straight at me whenever I hear it play.
TarotistFeb 28, 2020 10:12 AM
Feb 28, 2020 10:15 AM

Aug 2018
Tarotist said:

And of course, the opening theme for Slayers NEXT is one of the most iconic OPs in anime history that brings the nostalgia straight at me whenever I hear it play.

The Slayers Next OP seriously should be on every best Anime OP list ever created. It perfectly captures a sense of adventure while the visuals go from serious to light-hearted without missing a beat. Glad to see another fan.
Feb 28, 2020 10:21 AM

Nov 2008
Bebop_Hakusho said:
Tarotist said:

The Slayers Next OP seriously should be on every best Anime OP list ever created. It perfectly captures a sense of adventure while the visuals go from serious to light-hearted without missing a beat. Glad to see another fan.

My dad doesn't like my Japanese music...BUT HE LIKES 'GIVE A REASON'.

...so the song is doing something right. xD (imho the lyrics are really good too)

Feb 28, 2020 10:32 AM

Aug 2018
Chiibi said:
Bebop_Hakusho said:

My dad doesn't like my Japanese music...BUT HE LIKES 'GIVE A REASON'.

...so the song is doing something right. xD (imho the lyrics are really good too)

My Dad says the same thing about what little he's heard of my Anime songs (he calls them chipmunk voices) but I do sometimes wonder if he'd still enjoy some of the really good ones. After all music, perhaps more than any other form of storytelling, can universally transcend barriers like culture and language thanks to its emphasis on conveying feelings.
Edit: but you're right the lyrics are pretty great too.
Feb 28, 2020 10:45 AM

Aug 2018
Nick-Knight said:
I've tried reading the LN and it was bland and boring. Lina is waifu material tho. And if they put it on Netflix I'd be sure to watch it because it seems to be, at the very least, enjoyable.

You can find the entire series on Funimation's official YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0E0504C76413ABC4

It's not just season one either, they have all the TV anime uploaded there.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC3C6C7CDC262B2D8

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1C026519987630B3
Feb 28, 2020 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
A total classic. I really loved second season, the ambience and music are incredible. Too bad revolution and evolution r lost the touch.
Feb 28, 2020 11:57 AM

Jul 2014
I binged it and all the ovas and movies like 2 years ago. It is a classic 👌
Feb 28, 2020 12:09 PM

May 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
ysphyr said:

So there was a boob grab? My selective memory never fails to amaze me.

No, I mean, I can hardly remember it. But if there was? Divine, indubitably.

There's a scene in Slayers NEXT where Martina puts a curse on Lina, so that any pain Lina causes will be reflected back onto her. Xellos explains this to the group via a demonstration: He beckons Gourry over, grabs his arm, shoves Gourry's hand onto Lina's chest (whereupon Gourry makes his trademark tactless comment), Lina retaliates by kicking Gourry so hard that his ancestors feel it, Gourry sinks and grieves while Lina looks on smugly, suddenly Lina feels a kicking sensation in her groin region before sinking and grieving, and Xellos concludes his happy demonstration. :3

Feb 28, 2020 12:18 PM
Apr 2016
Zelkiiro said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

There's a scene in Slayers NEXT where Martina puts a curse on Lina, so that any pain Lina causes will be reflected back onto her. Xellos explains this to the group via a demonstration: He beckons Gourry over, grabs his arm, shoves Gourry's hand onto Lina's chest (whereupon Gourry makes his trademark tactless comment), Lina retaliates by kicking Gourry so hard that his ancestors feel it, Gourry sinks and grieves while Lina looks on smugly, suddenly Lina feels a kicking sensation in her groin region before sinking and grieving, and Xellos concludes his happy demonstration. :3

YESSSSSSSSSS GRABBING GIRLS AND THEN MAKING THEM FEEL PAIN
I crave violence.
Re:formed
Feb 28, 2020 12:23 PM

Apr 2010
Slayers is amazing. It's one of the better fantasy titles in Anime. Just a fun show
Feb 28, 2020 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, some years ago and it is a meh anime imo.
You watch and forget it afterwards. Only good thing about that crappy franchise is Naga the Serpent!
Feb 28, 2020 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Zelkiiro said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Hmm, the scene that I remember went something like this - Lina and some dude (?) were falling from the sky, he accidentally grabbed her boob and she punched him. Maybe that was a different anime after all...
Feb 28, 2020 1:19 PM

Oct 2013
I thought it was ok. Didn't really enjoy it enough to watch past the first season though.Characters weren't all that interesting to me. Which is saying something because I gave Kyoukai no Rinne a lower score for it's kind of bland characters and still ended up giving season 2 a chance.
Feb 28, 2020 3:18 PM

Dec 2016
All I'm gonna say is that if you are forced to pick one and only one D&D fantasy anime series to watch in your entire life, make it the Slayers. Nuff said.
Feb 28, 2020 5:18 PM

Nov 2008
DrakkoZ said:
Too bad revolution and evolution r lost the touch.

Agreed....I didn't like those nearly as much...but it's hard for me to figure out why...

Feb 28, 2020 5:38 PM
May 2018
I watched everything Slayers around 2011; really great fantasy series.

Too bad we didn't get more Slayers in 2010s, considering how RPGish anime became popular in them, even if they are isekai.

The only thing that I bothered me in Slayers, though, was that we never saw Amelia and Naga meet.

Oh and, Megumi Hayashibara's songs are god level.
Feb 28, 2020 8:18 PM
Feb 2020
Hell yeah especially the OVA and movies with Naga
Feb 28, 2020 8:38 PM

Feb 2013
Someone referred me to this thread since I'm pretty much the authority on all things Slayers.
My Opinion: Objectively the greatest anime ever. If you never watch another anime series again you'll at least have watched the top of the top.
The greatest songstress in history voicing the best main character in history. These are unassailable facts because I said so. Don't even @ me unless you're prepared to debate a wall and pull your hair out.
Feb 28, 2020 10:05 PM

May 2016
NTAD said:
Someone referred me to this thread since I'm pretty much the authority on all things Slayers.
My Opinion: Objectively the greatest anime ever. If you never watch another anime series again you'll at least have watched the top of the top.
The greatest songstress in history voicing the best main character in history. These are unassailable facts because I said so. Don't even @ me unless you're prepared to debate a wall and pull your hair out.

Oh yeah?! Well, you're just a...a...a saucer-eyed egomaniac! Is that really your nose?!

Feb 28, 2020 10:35 PM

Feb 2013
Zelkiiro said:
NTAD said:

Oh yeah?! Well, you're just a...a...a saucer-eyed egomaniac! Is that really your nose?!
Whoa man. That's just going a bit too far.
I may be an egomaniac and that may be my nose but I'm not saucer-eyed. That is just hurtful. :<
Feb 28, 2020 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
Only series that could surpass Slayers would have been a proper adaptation of the Violinist of Hameln manga

Mar 1, 2020 4:21 AM

Aug 2016
I've seen the first season some months ago. Its my kind of humor for the most part! They really don't write dialogue like this anymore. Probably not gonna watch all 7 of them though.
Mar 1, 2020 5:12 AM

Sep 2019
In fact i do! It's one of the most enjoyable fantasy animes i've seen. The arstyle is what sealed the deal for me honestly.
Mar 1, 2020 8:18 AM

May 2018
I haven't watched it but I really like its artstyle. I have no clue what the actual show is about but it looks like its some sort of fantasy setting. I mean, im not keen on fantasy anime but idk I still wanna watch Slayers. It just looks good and ive only heard good things about it.
Mar 1, 2020 8:35 AM

Jun 2014
I've only seen the first 13 episodes of Slayers on laserdisc 10 years ago, but it was quite enjoyable, and even my mom liked it. I've also seen "Slayers: The Motion Picture," which was good as well.

Besides that, I own a Lina Inverse figure, the Super Famicom game, and very recently, I bought 2 Slayers artbooks, because Lina is sooooooooooo sexy.

Mar 1, 2020 9:44 AM

May 2016
Seiya said:
and very recently, I bought 2 Slayers artbooks, because Lina is sooooooooooo sexy.

"Yes, officer, this post right here."

Mar 1, 2020 9:48 AM

Jun 2014
Zelkiiro said:
Seiya said:
and very recently, I bought 2 Slayers artbooks, because Lina is sooooooooooo sexy.

Lol, very funny.

Trust me, I'm not the only guy who finds Lina hot. I mean, who could resist this:

Mar 1, 2020 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
Zelkiiro said:

Lol, very funny.

Trust me, I'm not the only guy who finds Lina hot. I mean, who could resist this:

Naga is the only hot one form Slayers. Lina is some little girl. Enough said.

Mar 1, 2020 10:12 AM

Jun 2014
YuusakuFujiki said:
Seiya said:

Lol, very funny.

Naga is the only hot one form Slayers. Lina is some little girl. Enough said.

Naga is only popular because of her tits.

More people still prefer Lina, though. Lina isn't a "little girl," she's a teenager, but she's definitely not a loli or anything.

Mar 1, 2020 10:15 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Slayers is one of the reasons why I love anime so much. It was one of the first shows I watched knowing what an anime is and it's still one of my favorites to this day. Good comedy, a great adventure and characters that are just adorable, so what's not to love?

Lina all the way. <3

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Mar 1, 2020 10:40 AM

Nov 2008
Zelkiiro said:
Seiya said:

OOC; Lina would be very happy to be called 'sexy'; she's pretty sensitive about her body. xD

Naga is annoying af and her "boobs" are ridiculous and stupid-looking. :/

Mar 1, 2020 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
@Seiya @Chiibi

You guys miss the point/ hotness of Naga...
it ain't about the body but about the sheer amount of character and ojou-sama confidence she radiates
and unlike stereotypical anime girls she is not ashamed of her body and proudly portrays it.

I don't hate Lina but she is more of a bro character and I can't perceive her as a desirable or attractive woman/ girl duo to her barbaric nature and shonen like behavior... idk how to put it in better words. Some guys are certainly into that I guess.
removed-userMar 1, 2020 11:23 AM
Mar 1, 2020 3:18 PM

Nov 2008
YuusakuFujiki said:
ojou-sama confidence she radiates

But I hate ojou-sama characters, thus this is a bad thing in my POV.

Mar 1, 2020 6:30 PM
Jan 2020
Lina is the trigger-happy mage that Megumin could only hope to be, and yet the latter has ten times as many likes. Tsk tsk...

I kid, of course. Like whoever you want. ;)
its_dxmanMar 1, 2020 6:51 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slayers Episode 1 Discussion

Cookie-chan- - Jul 17, 2008

45 by PugPun »»
Apr 8, 3:26 PM

» Does Slayers still have a fanbase?

RaltsPokemon - Oct 27, 2023

8 by Ade117 »»
Feb 19, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Remake version

DrPopCat7758 - Oct 14, 2023

4 by kihel »»
Oct 24, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Slayers Episode 24 Discussion

daemonraco - Oct 2, 2011

14 by Wrongthinker »»
Aug 2, 2023 12:07 AM

Poll: » Slayers Episode 23 Discussion

DarkBlue - Jul 29, 2009

15 by Wrongthinker »»
Aug 1, 2023 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.