Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 27, 2:35 AM

I would definitely date someone who has the same name as me. Imagine "Hey, my name is Emraan and this is my partner Emraan Or We are Emraan.'' (Like we are Venom :3)
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 27, 2:42 AM

I actually know someone who dated a person with the same name as them.

If I loved them I'd do it. Sometime like having the same as me wouldn't stop me from dating them. Plus I like meeting people with the same name as me already so lol

Feb 27, 2:55 AM

Apparently Rowan can be unisex and is traditionally a feminine name in Scottish and Arabic so yeah, it is a possibility. Though, if I did meet a girl called Rowan, I think the awkwardness of the names alone would stop me asking her out.

Feb 27, 3:23 AM

I'm not into guys so that's probably not gonna happen.
One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight
Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and killed those two dead boys

Feb 27, 5:01 AM

yes as long as there as epic as me I don't care

Feb 27, 5:06 AM

My real name is not unisex and it's definitely intended for males. So no.

ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃᶦᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹᵃʲᵒ ⁿᵒ ᵀᵃᵇᶦᵗᵃᵇᶦ ᵃⁿᶦᵐᵉ ˣ⁾

Feb 27, 5:07 AM

I don't like my name a lot but I do like a certain spelling of my name. I'd date em.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 27, 5:22 AM

Well there are no female variations of my name and it is not unisex, so probably not, but if he is cute like Shinji then I may consider ^_^

Feb 27, 6:11 AM

Not sure Sheelagh has a male variation. Shawn? Steve? Not entirely certain with that one.

Feb 27, 6:26 AM
Forum Moderator
Nameless Dreamer

Well, my irl nickname is unisex so it'd be possible. Heard a story some time ago about a couple who ended up getting married that met on Facebook or smth whose given AND family name were the same before marriage (not related).
A shooting star, 'cross the sky
Naught but a flash, 'fore it's gone;
Its twinkling causes an inkling
That what was once forgotten
Shall soon be remembered.

Feb 27, 6:29 AM

Yes I would and I fail to see as to why some would not. It's just a name.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”

Feb 27, 6:47 AM

My name is male only, so nope. if it wasn't, then I wouldn't mind. Couldn't care less about the name of my SO.

Feb 27, 7:31 AM
Corona Yandere

My name is unisex when shortened. Also you both get the same name by marriage anyway.

Feb 27, 7:53 AM

Sure, but it's very unlikely that I'm going to meet another Seiya where I live. :P

Feb 27, 8:13 AM

If I had a unisex name, I'd do it for the laughs for sure lol.

Feb 27, 8:17 AM

My name is yet another thing I hate about myself so no. Besides my name is not unisex and I'm not interested in other girls neither am I interested in boys.

どんなも、この
いつも貴方のもとに

Feb 27, 8:32 AM

My name is unisex, although it's not very commonly seen in the opposite sex (the only example I can think of is voice actor Ryan Bartley). If anything, I'd have more trouble dating someone with the same name as a relative like my mother or sister.

Forum pic by @TyroneStash

Feb 27, 8:43 AM

I honestly don't care, if they're the person I want to spend my life with then something as minor as a name wouldn't change anything

Feb 27, 9:00 AM

Well, Christopher is a quite common name, so...why not ? That would be fun
And then, God missed a step of his stairs

Feb 27, 9:46 AM

doubt anyone else has the name McLovin so...
there is another world, there is a better world – well there must be.

Feb 27, 12:05 PM

I wouldn't mind, I quite like my name.

Feb 27, 12:13 PM

Of course I would, I wouldn't give up the chance to call us [name]^2. Fortunately my name has a couple feminine variants.
Nico nico ni~eed a siggy like the all the cool kids
Really wish we had a rep system so I could farm it and spam rep+

Feb 27, 12:26 PM

No, I would rather hate-marry myself instead of looking for a fool with the same name as me which is nearly impossible as it's one of a kind.

“The broken weapon of the gods. I was once called as such. I don't think that was mistaken, I mean, I'm sure I'm broken after all.”

Feb 27, 5:58 PM

Don't think Konradikon is a unisex name.

What the hell, man.

Feb 27, 6:04 PM

My name isn't unisex and I'm not into girls, so no lol.

A_Sad_Dust_Cloud said:
Apparently Rowan can be unisex and is traditionally a feminine name in Scottish and Arabic so yeah, it is a possibility. Though, if I did meet a girl called Rowan, I think the awkwardness of the names alone would stop me asking her out.

I have a female cousin named Rowan.

Feb 27, 6:15 PM

I'm not really into guys (though in theory I'd be open to the possability if I really really liked someone but it seems so unlikely) but if my name was unisex it would feel odd but not a dealbreaker.

Feb 27, 7:29 PM

Not a lot of girls named Ryan, but that would be really fucking fun in an irreverent kind of way.

"I'm not talking to you. I'm speaking in third-person."

Feb 27, 11:29 PM

Usagi said:
A_Sad_Dust_Cloud said:

I have a female cousin named Rowan.

Well in that case, what are we waiting for?

Feb 28, 9:18 AM

Nah, I’d get too confused if I were in a large group with them.

Feb 28, 9:20 AM
Wouldn't happen, my name only fits with the male gender. There's no confusion there and I'm not gay so all around it's a no.

Feb 28, 9:24 AM

Funny story. A friend of mine named sachi dated a boy named sachin who went by sachi. I told her to call him by his last name, but his last name was ghandi. Didnt work out for other reasons lol.

Also my old friends gay uncles were both named Robert. They just go by rob and bob which is adorable.

Yeah I'd date someone with my name I'd date a clone I dont give a fuck
Modified by Chromephone, Feb 28, 9:27 AM
come with me empty human

Feb 28, 9:29 AM
Thankfully I won't have to come across this as I have never met a male with my name, but to answer your question if I did I would still not date them, as I think that's just weird having the same name as your partner

Feb 28, 10:27 AM

the short form of both my name and the male version of it are the same, so it would be possible...why not

Feb 28, 5:37 PM

I have a unisex name. I like it for girls but hate it for boys so no lol.

Feb 28, 7:05 PM

it would be a little weird, but it wouldn't be some sort of deal breaker. so, yes, probably.

Feb 29, 1:23 AM

Sure, why not. One of us would need to get a nickname though because otherwise I assume it'll get frustrating and confusing.
♥️

Feb 29, 2:14 AM

I don't care for the names of people because I'm not that esoteric enough to give a fuck. Most important thing is personality.
@Murau Glad to see another Shinji-fan. I think he's great no matter what other's say. And Kamile, my love, is also in your faves, that's really great too ^^
Modified by Hodenhagen, Feb 29, 2:19 AM

Feb 29, 6:39 AM

Shaun... that's not exactly a flexible name.
Now if it was Shauna, and I liked them... YES. I certainly would love seeing reactions.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (I'm looking at you, To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases when I blabber on about them.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory', and small breasts justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

PS. Yuru^Camp isn't Yuri!

Feb 29, 7:23 AM
that would be class like say example 'hi, we are the two mollies' like WoW

Feb 29, 8:05 PM

Hell that'd make me want to date them even more I think that'd be hilarious. Unfortunately it's already a rare name (I've literally only ever met one other Pierce) and even among those who do have it it's usually a male name (but there are SOME women with it so it's not impossible I could date a Pierce one day, highly unlikely though).
Modified by Kyotosomo, Feb 29, 8:10 PM

Feb 29, 10:44 PM

If you add one letter to my name it turns into a girls name. But not the way it is now
From <---Bottom tier to top tier feet--->

Feb 29, 10:47 PM

If they have all the checks off my list, certainly.

Mar 1, 12:53 AM

probably not 'cause I'm not lesbian