Forum Settings
Forums

Will anime's inevitable slide into the mainstream lead to a more progressive fandom?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

Feb 27, 8:56 AM

Honestly I have no idea what is even happening and I’m too lazy to read any of it. I like anime though :).

Feb 27, 9:08 AM
Honestly both sides need to take a chill pill. And look at the world outside of America. Tbh anime and manga isn't exclusively catering to just straight males. There's also shoujo a huge demographic and other ones. I feel like most people discussing how sexist or homophobic manga and anime don't read or watch a lot...
Then there are anti-sjws that just get triggered by anything "progressive" and just live to annoy and argue with people.

Feb 27, 9:28 AM

AltoRoark said:
Just sexualizing female characters isn't sexist on its own, it's when females are reduced to objects of male gaze and little to nothing else that it becomes an issue, reflecting and/or perpetrating regressive attitudes.

It's not an issue. It never was. That part is all in your head. You seriously think that if anime were to stop treating female characters like that, all the REAL problems women face in every day life would just go "poof"? Lol dream on. Anime isn't the problem here.
Modified by Chiibi, Feb 27, 9:32 AM

Feb 27, 9:45 AM
Forum Moderator
Nameless Dreamer

Thread Locked.

Lots of baiting and trolling, and thread itself violates Rule 5 of Anime Discussion.

Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.
A shooting star, 'cross the sky
Naught but a flash, 'fore it's gone;
Its twinkling causes an inkling
That what was once forgotten
Shall soon be remembered.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]