Forum Settings
Forums

"Crunchyroll Originals" were just announced

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 26, 2020 6:21 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Aside from the "Crunchyroll Studios" stuff that CR snuck in there, it doesn't look that bad. They still have some ways to go to catch up with Netflix originals (even the Western produced stuff like Castlevania and Dragon Prince), though, which is odd considering CR is the animation-specific streaming service.
Feb 26, 2020 10:27 AM

Apr 2010
JustAnAnimeList said:
Bunch of shit I'm not interested in. I've given those manwha a chance when there was still some hype surrounding them and didn't like a single one of those. And by the looks of things they're nowhere near the level of popularity they once had, so it's weird that they're getting anime adaptations now.

ProfessionalNEET said:
What exactly does "Crunchyroll Original" mean? Does that mean Crunchyroll itself is producing them? Seems plausible, but at least one of them (In/Spectre) is already being produced by a different studio (Brain's Base). Also, some of the previews had people speaking in Japanese, suggesting that other "Crunchyroll Originals" are in fact being produced by Japanese studios. However, they did show at least one show that they clearly are making themselves (High Make-Incels-Seethe Spice). So, at least in that case, they appear to being doing more than just licensing.

AFAIK Crunchyroll is part of the production committees, so they're actually helping fund the production of those anime, not doing it themselves. Apparently it's cheaper for them to be a part of the production committee and get all the benefits that come from it than buying the rights for streaming, or so I've read in a article once.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/1784/Crunchyroll_SC_Anime_Fund

If you check out that link you'll see that quite a few anime have received funding from CR, although how much funding CR is providing compared to other sponsors is a complete mystery. Some people say Shield Hero wouldn't have happened without funding from CR but I don't buy that at all. It's a highly popular series, both in Japan and on the West and isekai is booming, Shield Hero would've gotten adapted sooner or later with our without CR's money.

Last time I checked, being a sponsor doesn't give you any right to be called the original creator...

Feb 26, 2020 10:34 AM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Pretty hyped for Tower of God and for some more Noblesse

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Feb 27, 2020 4:41 AM

Sep 2019
"Tower of God" is one of the only shows i'm hyped for tbh. I'm already enjoying "In/Spectre" and i'm interested in what "The God of High School" has to offer.
Feb 27, 2020 4:49 AM
Dec 2019
Wel this wil be good for the anime industry if they keep doing this so i fully support this i just hope they don't completely fuck the anime's up because i have high hopes
Feb 27, 2020 1:27 PM

Aug 2016
Props to them for finally trying to give people a reason to subscribe.

Still not enough for me though. The high guardian spice fiasco made me jump ship and I will never go back.
Feb 27, 2020 5:22 PM
Jan 2018
YamiRhys said:
Nurguburu said:
Why they put a disgusting SJW western cartoon with anime?

aren't most webtoons korean??????

He's reffering to High Guardian Spice.
Feb 27, 2020 9:45 PM

Feb 2016
I'm really looking forward to the God of High School. Seems hella original and interesting.

Throughout my life, the moments
and people who define me...
They have all been illuminated by
sparks.

Feb 28, 2020 12:35 AM

Oct 2019
I've heard some great things about the Tower of God's story, so I'm looking forward to it.

Never heard of any of the others :/

--

👏 hyped for 2022 lockdown 👏
👏 all good things come in threes 👏

- - ✽ - -
Feb 28, 2020 12:54 AM
Mar 2014
I'm looking forward to 2 of those BUT I wish they would have a dubbed version. I didn't expect TOG would get an anime, though,
Feb 28, 2020 7:31 AM

May 2009
Come to think of it, I wonder if they'll dub any of the shows that are being made in Japan.

Crunchyroll makes dubs sometimes, IIRC.

If they do, that's gonna be at least one step better than what Amazon does, which I hear is basically that they never even bother to dub stuff.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 28, 2020 9:29 AM

Aug 2018
I've heard a lot of great things about the in spectre and tower of got sources so I'll probably check it out

Other than that I don't think there's gonna be anything else I'll be watching, but I hope they'll turn out well for anyone who's gonna watch them (except high guardian spice cause I'm sure almost no one is interested in it)
Feb 28, 2020 9:38 AM

Oct 2019
i wanted to read noblesse and tower of god but didn't had the patience back then. if i had time i could watch these... which means i probably won't
Feb 28, 2020 9:41 AM
Dec 2013
No, thank you Crunchyroll. Just do what you do best. Distribute. Not create.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

82 by alshu »»
1 minute ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

61 by FanofAction »»
13 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 36 minutes ago

6 by alshu »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

29 by MichaelJackson »»
19 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

85 by LenRea »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.