Forum Settings
Forums

What Western property would you want to see an anime for?

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
Feb 26, 7:31 PM

I'd love to see Star Wars or Lord of the Rings adapted into an anime

Feb 26, 7:31 PM
I think a Ghost Rider anime would be pretty cool to see.

Feb 26, 7:35 PM
Demon Prince

I would like to see a Command & Conquer anime... featuring bishoujo solders XD
かごめはセクシーかわいい X3

Feb 26, 7:38 PM

Joshos said:
I'd love to see Star Wars or Lord of the Rings adapted into an anime

The 2002-4 films (including the deleted scenes) are already pretty perfect, I'd say. There's no real need for another adaptation in my opinion.

This glorious signature was made by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Having exquisite animation does not a good anime make.
Hating the classics doesn't make you smart--just contrarian.
There is nothing wrong with liking slice-of-life/iyashikei.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There is always top-shelf anime.
You should be watching both blue jacket Lupin III series."

Feb 26, 9:14 PM

I want to see Captain Planet take on tech companies, consumerists and Japanese whalers.

Feb 26, 11:19 PM

Teen Titans maybe? or Marvel's Runaways

Any teenage focused superhero team would work well as a shounen action anime imo

Feb 27, 12:52 AM

Digibutter64 said:

I honestly think Star Wars could make for an interesting anime

We have tons of Clone Wars, Rebels and Resistance episodes for that. Why bother?

They are even better that the new live action movies.

Feb 27, 2:54 AM
Zeroflamez said:
I don't think I'd want to see any Western Properties touched by Japan to be made into Anime. Most of what they touch ends up being fucking terrible. All the Marvel Anime they did in the late 2000's were bad. It's the same with Hollywood and how everything they touch that's based on Anime is fucking awful.

>implying Marvel isn't inherently bad anyways

Feb 27, 3:09 AM
Avatar: The Last Airbender. But I doubt they could do a better job. That one is so damn good.

Feb 27, 3:35 AM

lxauren said:
I would want see the spongebob anime get made.

Soon my friend, soon it'll be released. I'm predicting it'll be at least a month before it's released, and it'll be glorious.
If she isn't blood related, she's ready to be dated

Feb 27, 3:39 AM

KarimEdward said:
Avatar: The Last Airbender. But I doubt they could do a better job. That one is so damn good.

Plus the show's art style is quite close to what anime is (same with The Boondocks or OG Teen Titans), the animation and choreography is already great. It'll just be a retelling of the story, and the Netflix adaptation is lead by the show's creators (and not Shamalamalan), so you might as well watch that for new ATLA stuff.

Feb 27, 3:41 AM

alshu said:
Digibutter64 said:

I honestly think Star Wars could make for an interesting anime

We have tons of Clone Wars, Rebels and Resistance episodes for that. Why bother?

They are even better that the new live action movies.

*cough cough* season 7 of The Clone Wars out now *cough cough*

Feb 27, 3:44 AM

AddaeAkono said:
I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this, but I would love to see an Assassin's Creed anime. I would also like to see an anime adaptation of Tron, but I know that won't happen.

They would have the chance to adapt all the games into a series, though I would personally want to see AC2 the most, as I think it's the greatest of all the AC games. I've replayed that game several times.

Feb 27, 7:27 AM

Oh, here's another one: goddamn Spawn! I watched it's 90s cartoon adaptation and it was really good but I'd like to see it as an anime as well.

It'd be pretty solid gritty gory action seinen with some horror elements in it.

Feb 27, 7:27 AM

OkRetard said:
Zeroflamez said:
I don't think I'd want to see any Western Properties touched by Japan to be made into Anime. Most of what they touch ends up being fucking terrible. All the Marvel Anime they did in the late 2000's were bad. It's the same with Hollywood and how everything they touch that's based on Anime is fucking awful.

The stuff they used to write wasn't bad. It wasn't until last decade where their stuff started to decline.

Feb 27, 7:36 AM

Any of these book series:
Eragon
Warriors (The one with cats, not gangs)
The Ranger's Apprentice
Beyonders
"If it ain't big, it's only a bust," The Truth, Some Point in the Past

Feb 27, 9:32 AM

Thinking about it, The Hunger Games would be cool as an anime

Also if they made Detroit: Become Human into a anime

Feb 27, 10:05 AM

It'd be cool to see some proper mythological anime. I'd love an anime focusing on Greek or Norse mythology.
“A culture that does not grasp the vital interplay between morality and power, which mistakes management techniques for wisdom, and fails to understand that the measure of a civilization is its compassion, not its speed or ability to consume, condemns itself to death.”

-Chris Hedges

Feb 27, 2:30 PM

The Lord of the Rings adapted by Production I.G./BONES. I'd die to see that.

▲ ▲

«REVs»
«NP Games»
«Male/Female»
«Favorites (+Awards)»
"When We Let Evil Win, It Becomes Our Reality."

Feb 27, 2:33 PM

Harry Potter / Wizarding World
A Song of Ice and Fire
The Elder Scrolls
Star Wars
Dragon Age

Feb 27, 2:47 PM

I would love to see a Thundercats anime adaptation.

Feb 27, 7:05 PM

there's an american tv series on netflix called altered carbon (based on a trilogy of novels). the show isn't that great, but it looks great (visuals, cyberpunk aesthetic, etc). i got into the books shortly after and the whole universe the story takes part in would really make for a pretty neat cyberpunk anime series.

i'm sure there's some better options out there, but i'm currently watching the new season of it atm so it's the first thing to pop in my head.

Feb 27, 7:10 PM

OkRetard said:
Zeroflamez said:

that would be a good implication, yes.

Feb 27, 10:51 PM

God of War 1, 2, 3, all in full glory without changing or skipping anything (then again, skipping sex scenes might be fine). Also with amazing fight scenes and animation like Madhouse or Ufotable's works.

A faithful adaptation of Devil May Cry 3 with above prerequisites, if that counts as a Western property. (Some people acknowledge DMC as an anime game.)

Feb 28, 12:32 AM

Little Women would make a good slice of life anime. I would want Yamada, Naoko to direct the project. Ideally she would make this with Kyoani.

An anime based on the DOOM games would be cool. The Doom games are about speed and gore. It would be best if it was a series of shorts. These shorts should only be the length of a heavy metal song. Masaki Yuasa would probably be the best person to direct.

Feb 28, 12:53 AM

kinda wanna see what a star trek anime (esp ds9) would look like animated.

RealTheAbsurdist said:
Warriors: a book series about cats in clans fighting each other. The story spans in constant generations. Huge cast of characters. VERY gory (if I remember right. It's been a lot of years since I last read this series.

same here. warriors never got the film adaptation it deserves but a good studio could definitely do it justice. the amount of gore they could implement too - that live action wouldn’t be able to recreate - would be legendary.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?

Feb 28, 1:54 PM

I'd like a mecha anime based on the Titanfall IP.

Feb 28, 3:04 PM

Cosmicbeingx said:
Buffy, world of warcraft, supernatural, Mork & Mindy, Third rock from the sun, The Big Bang Theory type SoL, Doctor Who, Futurama, Star Trek, Mr Robot, More Matrix, Battlestar Galactica, The X-Files, Silicon Valley, rick and morty, Dollhouse, Constantine, Psych, Stargate!

Supernatural already had an anime .....

Feb 28, 4:06 PM
Tapertrain said:
Little Women would make a good slice of life anime. I would want Yamada, Naoko to direct the project. Ideally she would make this with Kyoani.

There's already a Little Women anime
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2548/Ai_no_Wakakusa_Monogatari

Feb 28, 4:16 PM

funnystuff97 said:
I think a lot of people would disagree with me, but I think Catcher in the Rye would make a great anime. If done right, I think the true nature that is Holden Caulfield's depression, deep dark fears, and sheer loneliness as he wanders New York City would make a great avant garde style show.

There's something about the way anime treats depression (actual, human depression) that really interests me. I think if done properly, Catcher in the Rye would be a great pick.

I'm not a fan of the book, but this sounds good.

Feb 28, 8:26 PM

A Sons of Anarchy anime adaptation would be pretty cool. Rival motorcycle gangs, going to war with authority, and gritty family conflicts.

Only because it’s my favorite book, I would love to see an anime of East of Eden by John Steinbeck. Nothing like a good ol’ coming of age, family saga tearjerker. I think a great anime adaption could capture the beauty of California’s Salinas Valley.

Feb 28, 11:35 PM

I think an anime adaptation of Lemony Snickett’s “A Series of Unfortunate Events” could be really great. I can see it being a really funny quirky weird show that would fit well in anime.

I can also see the Narnia books getting a good fantasy adaptation (maybe there already is one?) or if some would do Ursula Le Guin’s “Tales from Earthsea” series PROPERLY i.e. do all six books fully as a series not try and cram them all in to one movie then it could be brilliant. Studio Ghibli’s failed attempt at an adaptation (although it does not even remotely adapt the plot of the books) was such a disappointment to me because the books are really great.

Feb 29, 12:13 AM

Ate_na said:
funnystuff97 said:
I think a lot of people would disagree with me, but I think Catcher in the Rye would make a great anime. If done right, I think the true nature that is Holden Caulfield's depression, deep dark fears, and sheer loneliness as he wanders New York City would make a great avant garde style show.

There's something about the way anime treats depression (actual, human depression) that really interests me. I think if done properly, Catcher in the Rye would be a great pick.

I'm not a fan of the book, but this sounds good.

I'll check it out. It looks like that shitty Columbus anime, my expectations are low.

Mar 14, 10:31 AM

well Thomas Romain made a mistake with letting Code Lyoko be purely french production. at least he saved Oban Star-Racers from the west.
old thoughts hate modern words – it’s not just the truth that hurts.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]