Forum Settings
Forums

What Western property would you want to see an anime for?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 27, 2020 3:09 AM
Jan 2017
Avatar: The Last Airbender. But I doubt they could do a better job. That one is so damn good.
Feb 27, 2020 3:35 AM

Nov 2018
lxauren said:
I would want see the spongebob anime get made.

Soon my friend, soon it'll be released. I'm predicting it'll be at least a month before it's released, and it'll be glorious.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Feb 27, 2020 3:39 AM

Nov 2018
KarimEdward said:
Avatar: The Last Airbender. But I doubt they could do a better job. That one is so damn good.

Plus the show's art style is quite close to what anime is (same with The Boondocks or OG Teen Titans), the animation and choreography is already great. It'll just be a retelling of the story, and the Netflix adaptation is lead by the show's creators (and not Shamalamalan), so you might as well watch that for new ATLA stuff.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Feb 27, 2020 3:41 AM

Nov 2018
alshu said:
Digibutter64 said:

I honestly think Star Wars could make for an interesting anime

We have tons of Clone Wars, Rebels and Resistance episodes for that. Why bother?

They are even better that the new live action movies.

*cough cough* season 7 of The Clone Wars out now *cough cough*

Feb 27, 2020 3:44 AM

Nov 2018
AddaeAkono said:
I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this, but I would love to see an Assassin's Creed anime. I would also like to see an anime adaptation of Tron, but I know that won't happen.

They would have the chance to adapt all the games into a series, though I would personally want to see AC2 the most, as I think it's the greatest of all the AC games. I've replayed that game several times.

Feb 27, 2020 7:27 AM

Jun 2011
Oh, here's another one: goddamn Spawn! I watched it's 90s cartoon adaptation and it was really good but I'd like to see it as an anime as well.

It'd be pretty solid gritty gory action seinen with some horror elements in it.
Feb 27, 2020 7:27 AM

Apr 2010
OkRetard said:
Zeroflamez said:
I don't think I'd want to see any Western Properties touched by Japan to be made into Anime. Most of what they touch ends up being fucking terrible. All the Marvel Anime they did in the late 2000's were bad. It's the same with Hollywood and how everything they touch that's based on Anime is fucking awful.

>implying Marvel isn't inherently bad anyways

The stuff they used to write wasn't bad. It wasn't until last decade where their stuff started to decline.
Feb 27, 2020 7:36 AM

Feb 2018
Any of these book series:
Eragon
Warriors (The one with cats, not gangs)
The Ranger's Apprentice
Beyonders
"If it's not big, it's only a bust," some guy on the internet
Feb 27, 2020 9:32 AM

May 2018
Thinking about it, The Hunger Games would be cool as an anime

Also if they made Detroit: Become Human into a anime
Feb 27, 2020 10:05 AM

Oct 2019
It'd be cool to see some proper mythological anime. I'd love an anime focusing on Greek or Norse mythology.
Feb 27, 2020 2:33 PM

Apr 2015
Harry Potter / Wizarding World
A Song of Ice and Fire
The Elder Scrolls
Star Wars
Dragon Age
Feb 27, 2020 2:47 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I would love to see a Thundercats anime adaptation.
Feb 27, 2020 7:05 PM

Oct 2014
there's an american tv series on netflix called altered carbon (based on a trilogy of novels). the show isn't that great, but it looks great (visuals, cyberpunk aesthetic, etc). i got into the books shortly after and the whole universe the story takes part in would really make for a pretty neat cyberpunk anime series.

i'm sure there's some better options out there, but i'm currently watching the new season of it atm so it's the first thing to pop in my head.
Feb 27, 2020 7:10 PM

Oct 2014
OkRetard said:
Zeroflamez said:
I don't think I'd want to see any Western Properties touched by Japan to be made into Anime. Most of what they touch ends up being fucking terrible. All the Marvel Anime they did in the late 2000's were bad. It's the same with Hollywood and how everything they touch that's based on Anime is fucking awful.

>implying Marvel isn't inherently bad anyways

that would be a good implication, yes.
Feb 27, 2020 10:51 PM

Mar 2018
God of War 1, 2, 3, all in full glory without changing or skipping anything (then again, skipping sex scenes might be fine). Also with amazing fight scenes and animation like Madhouse or Ufotable's works.

A faithful adaptation of Devil May Cry 3 with above prerequisites, if that counts as a Western property. (Some people acknowledge DMC as an anime game.)

Feb 28, 2020 12:32 AM

Jul 2016
Little Women would make a good slice of life anime. I would want Yamada, Naoko to direct the project. Ideally she would make this with Kyoani.

An anime based on the DOOM games would be cool. The Doom games are about speed and gore. It would be best if it was a series of shorts. These shorts should only be the length of a heavy metal song. Masaki Yuasa would probably be the best person to direct.

Feb 28, 2020 12:53 AM

Dec 2016
kinda wanna see what a star trek anime (esp ds9) would look like animated.

RealTheAbsurdist said:
Warriors: a book series about cats in clans fighting each other. The story spans in constant generations. Huge cast of characters. VERY gory (if I remember right. It's been a lot of years since I last read this series.

same here. warriors never got the film adaptation it deserves but a good studio could definitely do it justice. the amount of gore they could implement too - that live action wouldn’t be able to recreate - would be legendary.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Feb 28, 2020 1:54 PM

Apr 2011
I'd like a mecha anime based on the Titanfall IP.
Feb 28, 2020 3:04 PM

Mar 2008
Cosmicbeingx said:
Buffy, world of warcraft, supernatural, Mork & Mindy, Third rock from the sun, The Big Bang Theory type SoL, Doctor Who, Futurama, Star Trek, Mr Robot, More Matrix, Battlestar Galactica, The X-Files, Silicon Valley, rick and morty, Dollhouse, Constantine, Psych, Stargate!

Supernatural already had an anime .....
Feb 28, 2020 4:06 PM
Feb 2009
Tapertrain said:
Little Women would make a good slice of life anime. I would want Yamada, Naoko to direct the project. Ideally she would make this with Kyoani.

There's already a Little Women anime
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2548/Ai_no_Wakakusa_Monogatari
Feb 28, 2020 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
funnystuff97 said:
I think a lot of people would disagree with me, but I think Catcher in the Rye would make a great anime. If done right, I think the true nature that is Holden Caulfield's depression, deep dark fears, and sheer loneliness as he wanders New York City would make a great avant garde style show.

There's something about the way anime treats depression (actual, human depression) that really interests me. I think if done properly, Catcher in the Rye would be a great pick.

I'm not a fan of the book, but this sounds good.
Feb 28, 2020 8:26 PM

Feb 2019
A Sons of Anarchy anime adaptation would be pretty cool. Rival motorcycle gangs, going to war with authority, and gritty family conflicts.

Only because it’s my favorite book, I would love to see an anime of East of Eden by John Steinbeck. Nothing like a good ol’ coming of age, family saga tearjerker. I think a great anime adaption could capture the beauty of California’s Salinas Valley.
Feb 29, 2020 12:13 AM

Jul 2016
Ate_na said:
funnystuff97 said:
I think a lot of people would disagree with me, but I think Catcher in the Rye would make a great anime. If done right, I think the true nature that is Holden Caulfield's depression, deep dark fears, and sheer loneliness as he wanders New York City would make a great avant garde style show.

There's something about the way anime treats depression (actual, human depression) that really interests me. I think if done properly, Catcher in the Rye would be a great pick.

I'm not a fan of the book, but this sounds good.

I'll check it out. It looks like that shitty Columbus anime, my expectations are low.
Mar 14, 2020 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
well Thomas Romain made a mistake with letting Code Lyoko be purely french production. at least he saved Oban Star-Racers from the west.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

32 by Catalano »»
21 seconds ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 2 minutes ago

0 by Dije »»
2 minutes ago

» Ruined after Serial Experiments Lain [Spoilers]

zaitec - May 6, 2017

16 by bacassu »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

42 by Maou_heika »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 8 hours ago

35 by Nemo_Niemand »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.