Forum Settings
Forums

Harvey Weinstein found guilty over sexual assaults

New
Feb 24, 2020 1:30 PM

May 2018
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51621041

Weinstein, 67, was convicted in New York City of third-degree rape and first-degree criminal sexual act. But he was cleared of the most serious count of predatory sexual assault. He faces up to 25 years in prison. He still faces charges in Los Angeles of assaulting two women in 2013.

At least 80 women had accused him of sexual misconduct stretching back decades, including actresses Gwyneth Paltrow, Uma Thurman and Salma Hayek.

The jury of seven men and five women reached their verdict on Monday morning, the fifth day of deliberations. Weinstein - who denied all charges - was convicted of sexually assaulting former production assistant Mimi Haleyi in 2006 and raping Jessica Mann, a former aspiring actress, in 2013. But the jury acquitted him on two counts of predatory sexual assault, which carried a potential life sentence, and first-degree rape of Mann.

He will be sentenced on 11 March.

Weinstein lawyer Ms Rotunno said they will be appealing against the conviction "immediately". Weinstein still has to face charges in Los Angeles, which were announced on the first day he appeared in court in New York.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, its about time he got a sentence, with so many allegations it was clear he was guilty from the start. I cant believe he is still trying to hold onto his innocence even now.
Your thoughts?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 24, 2020 3:12 PM

Mar 2008
Not much to say since it's not really surprising.
Feb 24, 2020 3:55 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
who is harvey weinstein again, what'd he do to be relevant

Feb 24, 2020 4:58 PM

May 2010
I first thought of a couple of different Weinstein's. Glad this guy is gonna be put in jail. Should be a 25 year minimum and not a 25 year maximum.
Feb 24, 2020 5:01 PM

May 2018
Thrashinuva said:
I first thought of a couple of different Weinstein's. Glad this guy is gonna be put in jail. Should be a 25 year minimum and not a 25 year maximum.

That's what I thought, he deserves way more time in prison for what hes done, anyways, hes old so he probably wont even make it out anyway
Feb 24, 2020 8:12 PM

Jan 2020
I wonder if he'll stop acting like he needs a walker now.
Feb 25, 2020 1:03 AM

Sep 2018
Thrashinuva said:

He is so old he wont see 25 more years and there's a good chance someone will end his life in there.

He will not see the outside either way which is great as he is a complete scumbag.
Feb 25, 2020 4:53 PM

May 2010
@Seijatachiiii @QPR
Hell at the very least make it a long sentence so it can't be used as a precedent for future offenders to get a shorter sentence.
Feb 25, 2020 10:04 PM

Feb 2012
Nooo not Big Harv this can't be happening.
Feb 25, 2020 11:29 PM

Jul 2010
Have you seen the state he's in? Yes, he will burn in prison in the first or second year of his term. I hope all the offended ladies are happy, brought the man.
May be some anime?
Feb 25, 2020 11:53 PM

Sep 2018
Verdandy said:
Have you seen the state he's in? Yes, he will burn in prison in the first or second year of his term. I hope all the offended ladies are happy, brought the man.

That what probably put on to try and get a reduced sympathy sentence, he will be walking (and running away from other prisoners) just fine in prison.
Feb 26, 2020 12:04 AM

Jul 2010
QPR said:
Verdandy said:

That what probably put on to try and get a reduced sympathy sentence, he will be walking (and running away from other prisoners) just fine in prison.

If he's lying, he'll get supplements on top of it. But if he really passed, then it is a human pity, because his term will not pay for all the sorrows of the victims
May be some anime?
Feb 26, 2020 2:42 AM

Jan 2009
this guy triggered the whole #MeToo movement right?
Feb 26, 2020 5:48 AM

Jul 2014
Manaban said:
who is harvey weinstein again, what'd he do to be relevant

He used to be a major figure in Hollywood. He could end your acting career with a single phone call. That's what made him so dangerous for women ; they felt like they could not say no to him or their career would end.
Feb 26, 2020 7:31 AM

Mar 2018
Respect for fooling around with Salma Hayek
poop
Feb 27, 2020 1:14 AM

Aug 2016
When i think of rape, I think of being drugged or forced down against your will and assaulted.

But I guess it's have sex with me or you won't get this movie role too now.

Don't understand the varying degrees of rape.
Feb 27, 2020 1:35 AM

Aug 2015
JunkYardHiro said:
When i think of rape, I think of being drugged or forced down against your will and assaulted.

Harvey please
ultravigoFeb 27, 2020 1:39 AM
Feb 27, 2020 1:40 AM
Jul 2018
JunkYardHiro said:

trying to manipulate women into sex is still incredibly fucked up and in the very least is fucking coercion and an abuse of power that is often left unpunished by law and very often these types of sick asshole men use physically assaultive tactics when abusing these women as well to try and ease them out of saying "no". the women in situations with power imbalance and abuse, which starts at as low a level as having an abusive boyfriend to going as high status wise as having a billion dollar producer try and force himself on you basically feel powerless to the situation they're in and the man often tries to force the woman to accept his advances even if she says no to either the point of rape or near rape and he won't stop until he's basically forced himself on her and gaslighted her to the point where he fucking breaks her. these types of men are quite literally classic examples of power driven abusers and they are pieces of SHIT. power driven abusers often enjoy trying to push their victims to the edge because they're sadistic cruel low empathy assholes with no regard for anyone's feelings but their own and it not only is physically and sexually hurting the victims they abuse, its manipulation and psychological abuse at its core.

also to quote what the above said, his power as a producer was quite widespread as was his agency to basically be able to blacklist anyone he didn't like
He used to be a major figure in Hollywood. He could end your acting career with a single phone call. That's what made him so dangerous for women ; they felt like they could not say no to him or their career would end.

basically in the vein of Epstein and Cosby the like he's pond scum who took advantage of his elevated power and status, pretended to be innocent for years and years and went undetected / as an open secret for years and years and just now are people finally starting to put their foot down

too bad people haven't ended spacey's career yet permanently.... I've been waiting for that to happen and it keeps not happening
removed-userFeb 27, 2020 1:44 AM
Feb 28, 2020 10:09 AM

Aug 2016
unamerican said:
JunkYardHiro said:

trying to manipulate women into sex is still incredibly fucked up and in the very least is fucking coercion and an abuse of power that is often left unpunished by law and very often these types of sick asshole men use physically assaultive tactics when abusing these women as well to try and ease them out of saying "no". the women in situations with power imbalance and abuse, which starts at as low a level as having an abusive boyfriend to going as high status wise as having a billion dollar producer try and force himself on you basically feel powerless to the situation they're in and the man often tries to force the woman to accept his advances even if she says no to either the point of rape or near rape and he won't stop until he's basically forced himself on her and gaslighted her to the point where he fucking breaks her. these types of men are quite literally classic examples of power driven abusers and they are pieces of SHIT. power driven abusers often enjoy trying to push their victims to the edge because they're sadistic cruel low empathy assholes with no regard for anyone's feelings but their own and it not only is physically and sexually hurting the victims they abuse, its manipulation and psychological abuse at its core.

also to quote what the above said, his power as a producer was quite widespread as was his agency to basically be able to blacklist anyone he didn't like

basically in the vein of Epstein and Cosby the like he's pond scum who took advantage of his elevated power and status, pretended to be innocent for years and years and went undetected / as an open secret for years and years and just now are people finally starting to put their foot down

too bad people haven't ended spacey's career yet permanently.... I've been waiting for that to happen and it keeps not happening

I assumed it was already well known that you'd have to sleep with a few sleazy people to make it in Hollywood. I'm not saying it's right, but it's always been apart of the culture.

Undoubtedly the agents and managers for the actresses knew they were sending them off to the proverbial Weinstein casting couch. They caught the big fish, but its rather sleazy how others aren't being held accountable too.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.