Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2020 5:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hiroki is going to the hospital too... pretty interesting overall
Feb 24, 2020 6:09 AM
Sep 2015
This job is too easy with just one Chinese sentence. I want them to play with more visual effect, adjust this and that to make things work. I definitely prefer memory change instead of crushing.
Feb 24, 2020 6:34 AM

Nov 2010
You can see full of the dark side of Tsukasa in this episode. Thousands worldwide Tsukasa fans should have cried by its ugliness. Is the flag asserted?
---
The voice acting of Tsukasa's monologue was recorded onto double tracks. This is the best direction through all the episodes that emphasizes his uplifted but broken mind.
kuroneko99Feb 27, 2020 5:37 AM
Feb 24, 2020 6:55 AM

May 2019
Why does Tsukasa even want to crush Satoru? He's just a pet who does whatever he's told. He and Hiroki must be protected. My poor boys.

Also, I wonder why did Hiroki collapse and why don't Katsuragi and that woman want him to be taken to that hospital...

This anime is getting better and better.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 24, 2020 7:44 AM

Jan 2014
I feel like next few episodes are going to be very interesting as with what they've set up. A very good episode.
Feb 24, 2020 8:34 AM
Jun 2016
nanimeanswhat said:
Why does Tsukasa even want to crush Satoru? He's just a pet who does whatever he's told. He and Hiroki must be protected. My poor boys.

Also, I wonder why did Hiroki collapse and why don't Katsuragi and that woman want him to be taken to that hospital...

I believe Tsukasa wants to crush Satoru so that only Tsukasa and Hiroki remain as people with the ability to make Babies. If the company is heavily dependent on them as the only image users, then they can make more demands of the company and live more comfortably. However I believe that while this is part of the reason, Tsukasa also harbours a lot of hatred towards Satoru to begin with, for being the one who took him away from Hayashi (even though, of course, it wasn't Satoru's choice).

As for Hiroki, I think he collapsed as a result of the fact that he hasn't been eating well, combined with the strain of syncing with someone. We've seen that the process of syncing and changing memories can be somewhat physically taxing on them.
Feb 24, 2020 9:22 AM

Aug 2018
Good Episode
6/10
Feb 24, 2020 10:17 AM
Aug 2019
Tsukasa going full-on dark side. I think this anime is getting better.

Feb 24, 2020 1:46 PM

Feb 2019
Damn, Tsukasa is not going to be alive by the end of all of this I can guarantee it. Dude is actually insane now that he's back from being crushed. Can't really think of any logical reason why he'd want to crush Satoru other than jealousy.. Looks like the crushing took a huge toll on him physically as well based on his vomiting.

Once you get used to the show, it's amazing. The low MAL score is indicative of a lot of people just not paying attention while watching it. It's not a show that will spoon-feed you everything. You have to put the pieces together that it gives you. That, and maybe a lot of people aren't with the Yaoi vibes which I can respect, personally not a fan myself but the story and world are good enough to overlook it.
Feb 24, 2020 2:38 PM

Jul 2017
One thing's for sure: the Chinese are going all out to silence the Qigong people, with their pet Satoru at hand.

To appease his own innocent pet, Tsukasa is doing everything for Hiroki's sake after being revived by him. Especially to the topic of creating Babies (images), everyone is playing a game of their own wits, with Tsukasa wanting to crush Satoru THAT badly over jealousy.

Meiling with Satoru vs. Tsukasa with Hiroki: 2 potential innocent users, one conflicted situation together. But the Chinese don't matter, as they try to take control ASAP at hand: Opening the door to other people's peak and changing their history is standard procedure for the Company's benefits (because all peaks were made by Hayashi).

But Hiroki taking the fall for Satoru wasn't something that both Meiling and Katsuragi planned, and hope the plan isn't foul yet. And the pursuer of it all, Tsukasa who aims to bring the truth to light.

Good episode that clears more with ever-increasing suspicion.
Feb 24, 2020 4:17 PM

Apr 2013
This is stressing! I really dislike how twisted Tsukasa turned out to be but that may be the aftermath of him being crushed. Still though Hiroki is best boi and needs to be protected. I feel like Satoru won't go down as easy as Tsukasa expects, I want to see Tsukasa's face when everything he plans doing to Satotu fail, if they do.

Another great episode that makes me think of things and not telling me everything in one go.
RezefusFeb 24, 2020 4:21 PM
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Feb 24, 2020 6:04 PM

Oct 2009
This anime has become absolutely disgusting in a number of ways, and it's making me uncomfortable. Like, I wanna see how things end, but I'm basically wriggling in my seat for the whole 20+ minutes each week. I don't mind a heavier story I have to pay attention to, but it's like - just the characters themselves. There's hardly a single one remaining that's not twisted in some way, either pitiable or despicable. Not a pleasant atmosphere to be in for so long, indeed it's rather suffocating.

Which, yes, on the technical side, big kudos to the staff for being able to pull off so well, I suppose.
Feb 24, 2020 6:16 PM

Jun 2019
deathnate4 said:
nanimeanswhat said:

I believe Tsukasa wants to crush Satoru so that only Tsukasa and Hiroki remain as people with the ability to make Babies. If the company is heavily dependent on them as the only image users, then they can make more demands of the company and live more comfortably. However I believe that while this is part of the reason, Tsukasa also harbours a lot of hatred towards Satoru to begin with, for being the one who took him away from Hayashi (even though, of course, it wasn't Satoru's choice).

As for Hiroki, I think he collapsed as a result of the fact that he hasn't been eating well, combined with the strain of syncing with someone. We've seen that the process of syncing and changing memories can be somewhat physically taxing on them.

That's what Tsukasa is telling him and the viewer, but it seems like he just wants to crush Satoru because Hayashi mentioned him during their meeting. He feels like Satoru took Hayashi away from him and hasn't forgiven him once for that. Now that Hayashi is crushed, he feels like if Satoru wasn't around then Hayashi wouldn't have ended up in that predicament.

It's like what Satoru said, "This guy's peak can be crushed with just one short phrase. Compared to that, our peaks are much stronger but they're fake. I guess that's why we each long to be with the real person who shared their peak with us."

Tsukasa crushed the person who he longs to be with and is now spiraling out of control.
Feb 24, 2020 6:28 PM

Jan 2018
I hope that Tsukasa isn't just digging his own grave.
Feb 25, 2020 8:51 AM

Apr 2009
I'm going to guess Hayashi's in the hospital. It's the only important character I think Hiroki doesn't know.

I do wonder how he survived. I guess Jin and Katsuragi may be smarter and more involved than they look like.

Feb 25, 2020 2:38 PM

Oct 2018
too much mystery.............................................................................................................................................................
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 25, 2020 6:23 PM

Jan 2020
The more I watch these episodes the more I grow to hate Tsukasa, he is like an unspoken villain.

MyAnimeList Profile ✦ Anime List Manga List ✦
Feb 26, 2020 2:15 AM

Jul 2016
yellowheartren said:
This anime has become absolutely disgusting in a number of ways, and it's making me uncomfortable. Like, I wanna see how things end, but I'm basically wriggling in my seat for the whole 20+ minutes each week. I don't mind a heavier story I have to pay attention to, but it's like - just the characters themselves. There's hardly a single one remaining that's not twisted in some way, either pitiable or despicable. Not a pleasant atmosphere to be in for so long, indeed it's rather suffocating.

Which, yes, on the technical side, big kudos to the staff for being able to pull off so well, I suppose.

The story is engaging.

The character ambitions are still hidden mostly.

There are lots of big secrets still to come.

This show is great.
Feb 26, 2020 5:43 AM
Jun 2017
yellowheartren said:

I feel the same way but it also happened to me with Serial Experiments Lain and at the end it turned out to be amazing. Of course this is in no way in levels of Lain but it has this exact same "issue".
Feb 26, 2020 6:41 PM
Feb 2017
Marinate1016 said:

Once you get used to the show, it's amazing. The low MAL score is indicative of a lot of people just not paying attention while watching it. It's not a show that will spoon-feed you everything. You have to put the pieces together that it gives you. That, and maybe a lot of people aren't with the Yaoi vibes which I can respect, personally not a fan myself but the story and world are good enough to overlook it.

I do agree with you at some extent, the show does have some ”yaoi foreshadow” but it’s so discreet and toned down that makes you question if it’s there for real.
I’m still not sure if Tsukasa genuinely cares for Hiroki or if he does see him as a means to a end. The more we see his layers, the more interesting it gets.

So far the mystery is very enthralling, sad MAL score doesn’t reflect the quality of this series.
Feb 26, 2020 9:23 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty interesting episode. Tsukasa's crazy is really coming out in full force. I'm not 100% sure what Hiroki is not suppose to see at the hospital (the little Chinese girl?) but I'm interested to see what will happen.
Feb 27, 2020 4:51 AM

Sep 2016
As Jin tried to prevent Hiroki from seeing someone in the hospital, I think that Hayashi is the one in the same hospital.
My blind guess is that in the hospital Hiroki may see some images related to Hayashi's peak (butterfly perhaps) which will lead him to Hayashi, or the flash drive that Hayashi gave Katsuragi may get involved to make Hiroki & Hayashi meet each other.
Feb 27, 2020 9:22 PM

Oct 2008
hahah! Tsukasa i tell you my boy, you think everything will go in your favor? just one mistake and everything will go down...and looks there's already an emerging potential mistake! hehe this really getting hype climax!
5/5.

Feb 28, 2020 12:41 AM

Dec 2012
Used to like Tsukasa's character because he seemed cool and mysterious. Now it feels like he's the one unfurling and waving his own death flags. I can't blame him though since it's pretty obvious how mentally unstable he has become. Maybe he is "crushed" after all.
allo
Feb 28, 2020 4:29 PM
Mar 2019
I watched the first episode of this, but didn't really pick at it further. Has it improved a bit? If I liked the first ep, is it worth to pick it up again? (:
Feb 29, 2020 1:12 AM
May 2019
will Tsukasa end like Light Yagami?

its like Hiroki himself will destroy Tsukasa ambition without him realize he did that lmao

Feb 29, 2020 4:07 AM

Nov 2010
Featheredbird said:
I watched the first episode of this, but didn't really pick at it further. Has it improved a bit? If I liked the first ep, is it worth to pick it up again? (:
Since you like the art style, I think you should go on. I don't like the art style (, character design and gay vibe) at all, but I am still watching it. XD In my opinion, physiological aversion is the highest hurdle for the show.
Featheredbird@ep1 said:
They're literally putting the audience through what the characters are going through, and keeping lines blurred.

I'm fairly certain this entire episode was a demonstration of how memories can be changed. They don't go on describing how awful and confusing it is, but show it through the random changes in mood and seemingly disjointed pace.

I think they changed the murder story at the very end to demonstrate the power of the memory-manipulation act, or at least to prepare for a follow up later on that elaborates on how this seemingly anti-climatic end came to.

With this in mind, I thought it was a very interesting episode! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the art style looks great. :)

Feb 29, 2020 2:28 PM
Feb 2020
The men are so hot very good episode
Feb 29, 2020 2:30 PM
Feb 2020
kuroneko99 said:
Featheredbird said:
Since you like the art style, I think you should go on. I don't like the art style (, character design and gay vibe) at all, but I am still watching it. XD In my opinion, physiological aversion is the highest hurdle for the show.
Featheredbird@ep1 said:
They're literally putting the audience through what the characters are going through, and keeping lines blurred.

I'm fairly certain this entire episode was a demonstration of how memories can be changed. They don't go on describing how awful and confusing it is, but show it through the random changes in mood and seemingly disjointed pace.

I think they changed the murder story at the very end to demonstrate the power of the memory-manipulation act, or at least to prepare for a follow up later on that elaborates on how this seemingly anti-climatic end came to.

With this in mind, I thought it was a very interesting episode! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the art style looks great. :)

You don't understand the subtlety of the message the author want to deliver it's like a malfunction of the brain when there are too much information he can't handle his mind and want freedom that why there are so much metaphor in this workpiece
Feb 29, 2020 2:34 PM
Feb 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Damn, Tsukasa is not going to be alive by the end of all of this I can guarantee it. Dude is actually insane now that he's back from being crushed. Can't really think of any logical reason why he'd want to crush Satoru other than jealousy.. Looks like the crushing took a huge toll on him physically as well based on his vomiting.

When Tsukasa thinks of his future, it's like an intrinsic resonance, he has too much information to decipher and think off that's why he basically "search" for a new future.
Mar 1, 2020 4:16 PM

Jan 2015
I really want to punch Tsukasa
Mar 2, 2020 10:14 AM

Oct 2017
Wow Tsukasa's has gone nuts or so I'd say but he has his shit together and while he may sound like a madman he's still planning ahead for his future.
Mar 2, 2020 4:31 PM

Aug 2017
It's clear now that Tsukasa is jealous of Satoru but I don't care if Satoru dies. He and Hiroki talking was very cringe to watch if u ask me.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 15, 2020 8:55 AM

Jan 2016
holy shit, this show keeps getting more uninteresting every episode
Apr 25, 2020 11:24 AM

Jul 2015
What should have been a easy mission got quite messed up by a certain guy's condition....

Have to say, Tsukasa is slowly feeling more insane after what happened with Hayashi...don't think he will survive this all, the way he tries to manipulate certain things his way

May 2, 2020 1:59 AM

Aug 2015
The Mandarin pronunciation has been so bad through this whole show.
This episode, however, had two minor characters that spoke fluently, and that was so unexpected it completely threw me off.
First is the ambassador's wife, that woman in the yellow qipao. I guess she doesn't have any Japanese lines, so they got an actual Chinese voice actress for the minor role.
Second is the ambassador as a kid in his 'peak'.

Having a lot of fun watching Tsukasa just be an absolute bastard.
Jun 18, 2020 9:25 AM

Jul 2019
8 episodes in and its the first time I feel I finally get the series. The drama the two had when crushing someone and the fate of image users and pets. Slowly things are coming together.

Hiroki collapsing sure caused quite a lot of problems. Thaugh I must say I doubt his Mandarin was good enough to fool a native speaker. I only had Mandarin classes for 3 months and must say most of it in this show is garbage.
Feb 11, 8:26 AM
Mar 2021
Grand roy l'ép quand même

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

71 by Hooray »»
Aug 31, 2023 6:29 AM

» Why so spicy 🌶

CielIsAWeeb - Nov 30, 2022

1 by KushiAyane »»
Aug 24, 2023 3:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.